• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Pokemon character do you want to join in Smash Ultimate?

Ardisan

Smash Rookie
Theres like 900+ Pokemon now and there will be even more when the next gen comes out. Which Pokemon(s) from all the generations would you want in Smash Ultimate, realistic or not.

Personally I've always wanted these bad boys:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I would unironically love to have my second-favorite Pokémon of all time, Dragonite.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
These 'mons here:

(With Team Rocket (Jessie & James), teaming with Weezing, Arbok, and Wobbufett, who can switch out)

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I would unironically love to have my second-favorite Pokémon of all time, Dragonite.

If not Dragonite, I would also love Decidueye, Lycanroc, Corsola, and Blaziken. (I wouldn’t be particularly upset about Incineroar, though.)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Cofagrigus, Drampa, Reuniclus or Mawile would be my personal picks.

I don't see much point in getting invested in Pokemon newcomers, as you can probably guess.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Im not actively campaigning for Pokemon but I would particularly enjoy
Gengar
Buzzswole
Meowth
Entei
Lugia or Ho Oh
Gardevoir
Geodude
Magnemite
Any of the gen 4 starters

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
My pipe dream is all eight Eeveelutions as pallete swaps for one moveset, essentially all attacks taking the same shape but reskinned to match the element belonging to the selected Eeveelution.

From Gen 7, I like Lycanroc.

Gengar would be pretty sweet too.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Decidueye, Gengar, Raichu, Miltank, Meowth, Infernape, Teddiursa, and a 2nd version of Pokemon trainer maybe a villainous version like "Pokemon Gym Leader" or "Team Rocket" or something.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Easy:
1532999949848.png

I'm also a fan of Sceptile, but I think the best that can happen at this point is him as a Greninja echo. Otherwise, I think his ship has sailed.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Lycanroc, easily. My favourite Pokemon is already in the game so I can't ask for much more though.

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
Pokémon is my favorite game series and there's no Pokémon I hate so I would be happy with any non-clone Pokémon newcomer. Some cool ones that come to mind are Goodra, Jolteon, Palossand and Heliolisk.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Still haven't seen her Pokeball yet! Plus she's my favorite ever since her introduction back in Gen III!

However if we're going realistically, Incineroar (who just so happens to be my favorite Fire-Type Starter) has the best shot due to the Verg leaks, even if this means that Gardevoir probably won't make it in as a playable fighter (or in the worst case scenario, Shadow the Hedgehog).

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Misty, preferably as a three-in-one deal commanding Starmie and two later-gen Water-type Pokémon.

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
As someone who hasn't really been into Pokémon all that much for over half a decade, I can only really judge by concepts and stuff I've heard, and from those I have heard, Lycanroc is by and far my favourite. A doggo wolf with earth-based powers? Count. Me. In.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I can't think of any individual pokemon that would excite me if i'm being honest. At least none that are even close to likely. If I had my pick, I'd choose another pokemon trainer, maybe a Gym Leader, a Rival, A Champion, or a villain, and use two or three of their trademark pokemon. I don't have anyone in particular in mind, Blue, Lance, N, and Guzma are all prime candidates imo.

D

Deleted member

Any Pokemon eh?

Alright
Decidueye

Incineroar (No I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of supporters, I do want it in and would love it if it got in and do support it's inclusion with everyone else in it's thread.)

Sceptile (Doubt it it's chance has come and gone but I'd be cool. Fine by me still a Pokemon I dig.)

Gengar

Toucannon (What can I say I really like Toucan Sam's serious cousin.)

Lycanroc (Dusk Form, any form would be cool but this one I'd want.)

Garchomp (Thing's a beast would love to see it.)

yoMI_24

Smash Rookie
My top 3 would be Toxicroak, Sceptile, and Heracross. I think they all could work and still be unique to their own typing. I think these are very unlikely but one can wish.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
I want an actual human character that represents Pokemon.
Maybe N if Gen 5 was still relevant today. He'd be the perfect villain rep.
For now Lillie I guess would be great?

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
I'll give three right now, with the possibility of more later on:

1) Eevee. I love Eevee. She's one of my favorite pokemon, and part of it is because of the Eeveelutions but I also like Eevee on her own. My idea for an Eevee fighter is to have probably the Down special attack be Evolve, where Eevee would evolve into one of the Eeveelutions (It would either be based off of the stage- each stage would have its own "element" attached to it; Able to cycle through a la Shulk's Monado, so you'd choose a stone to have your eevee evolve into; or you'd cycle through all of them like the Pokemon trainer). Each Eeveelution would work like a semi-clone of Eevee, so only the special moves would change between eeveelutions with all of the regular moves being the same.

2) Gengar. Gengar has always been one of my favorite Pokemon, and the Ghost type is by far my most favorite type. Also, with his inclusion and character portrayed in Pokken tournament I'm even more in love with this Pokemon. Gengar has all kinds of potential, is very important to Pokemon history, and is still a well designed Pokemon.

3) Here's where I get whacky: Exeggcute. Exeggcute will never be playable, but having the Egg Pokemon make an appearance as a fighter would be great. This is partly because I love Exeggcute and it's line (An Exeggcutor was among the Pokemon who helped me defeat the Elite Four back in Red/Blue. It was a good Pokemon). But with it's grass/psychic pairing there are a lot of great things you can do with the character. Oh, and before you yell "How would Exeggcute use items?", they'd either do the Mewtwo thing where they use their psychic power to hold items, or one of the egg/seeds (probably the one who's head is burst open and is real sad looking) would just hold the item in their mouth and use the item (like, with the Home Run Bat for instance, the other egg/seeds would just swing this egg at opponents).

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Incineroar, i don't need to explain this

Plusle and Minun : I must be crazy but the truth is they may have been in Brawl but cut, they can be semi echo to ice climbers like instead of ice electricity and they're an echo of Pichu, i've not made moveset description yet but i will.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I have too many lol

So I'm just gonna say my Top 5 most wanted Pokemon

Gegnar
Weavile
Garvedoir
Hawlucha
Incineroar

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Top Pick:
:212:

High...Tier?:
:068::094: &Bisharp!

I just like em:
:024::069::070::071::091:

Not realistic, but yeah! <3

NukeA6

Smash Master
Scizor especially since G/S/C deserves better representation than Pichu. I also don't mind if Gardevoir and Gothitelle got in.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Team Rocket from Pokémon Yellow and Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee

The Pokémon Trainers in the background are Jessie and James.

The playable Pokémon are Meowth and Arbok Team AND Meowth and Weezing Team.

Down Special to switch between Arbok and Weezing.

UserKev

Smash Champion
It will always be Mimikyu. I'm fascinated by Dragonite the more I think about it though.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Considering we got Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard back, I'm quite content with Pokémon representation. However, if we really do have to get one, I'd go with Meowth, though they'd have to do 'em right, meaning he's gotta be hinted to be the Team Rocket version. It is where a lot of his popularity came from.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
A Pokemon Ranger (Lunick/Solana) who primarily uses Minun/Plusle with multiple different Pokemon as support to represent Field Moves would be kinda cool.

PMD2 Grovyle would be cool too.

Top Bottom