• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What old shows do you remember seeing when you were younger that are now obscure?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
For me, I remember this.

And this...

What a time to be alive.

I would have asked this in the Social thread, but I thought it would be just as good to make it its own topic, if that is okay.

Anyway, what about you all? What TV shows do you remember seeing as a kid that can now be considered obscure?

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Because of Canadian broadcasting laws I watched a lot of cartoons as a kid that most American kids probably wouldnt have been familiar with: stuff like Detentionaire, Grojband, and Jimmy Two Shoes so maybe those could count as obscure.

To be completely honest tho I really do not have any kinda connection to those shows and many of them I just watched waiting for ones I actually wanted to watch, even as a kid I didn’t really like them.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905

Long forgotten Disney cartoon. This show was a huge factor into my love for animals and I even made my own rendition of the "Great Big Book of Everything" as a kid by printing out info pages on as many animals as I could find and putting them into a binder. Wish I still had it.

TheShyKnight

Smash Rookie
I don't see much people talking about ¡Mucha Lucha! It was a great show, When People talk about early 2000's shows, I don't see alot people talk about this one, It had 3 seasons and even a movie, It had some cool animation and characters, and a banger intro, I hear about it sometimes, but very rarely.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
RobotBoy was a weird one. A lot of the character designs looked like they were plagiarized from other cartoons (particularly Fosters), and IIRC the villain was a Chinese guy called "Kamikaze"? Yikes. The theme song was pretty low energy for a kids' superhero show.

Ned's Newt has been living rent free in my head since I was a kid, bordering on "personal in-joke" territory. CN UK would air it dead at night (no Adult Swim here) and it was basically a rip-off of Robin Williams' Genie - a blue-skinned shapeshifter who does celebrity impressions, except it was a newt, because I guess newts can shapeshift. Makes as much sense as a sponge cooking burgers. I think I mostly remember it because of the theme song - catchy calypso song, and with a really cool black-and-dark-blue colour palette.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Sagwa.

I find it funny that most people my age who remember this show remember basically remember nothing about it.

It was just a slice of life cartoon about a cat living in a high class Chinese estate during the turn of the 20th century.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

I used to watch Pingu when it once aired back on the CBBC programme.

I do have plenty of other shows that I used to remember watching back when I was a child which I will save for another post.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
For me, it has to be Nudnik:
1704388653180.png

I had a few episodes on DVD but I never saw it on TV or anyone talking about it, really.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Going to bring in more old children's tv shows that I used to watch when I was young:

Bananaman - Yes, this parody superhero did exist back during CBBC. It had three seasons which followed a young schoolboy named Eric and whenever he eats a banana, he transforms in to the muscular superhero named Bananaman to fight against evil villains. Got to admit even the theme song's OP and ED were quite memorable at the time too.

Family Ness - Another CBBC classic that follows two Scottish children named Angus and Elspeth McTout who live near Loch Ness. The two have a thistle whistle to call a family of nessies.

SuperTed - This followed a once defunct teddy bear who was given new life by Mother Nature's cosmic dust after he was spotted by an alien accomplice named "Spotty" to foil the evil plans of Texas Pete and his two henchmen named Bulk and Skeleton. The ED was quite memorable too.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Does anyone from the UK remember Batfink?

It was this parody-superhero cartoon from the 60s that, for whatever reason, 00s CBBC aired as one its premier shows. It wasn't British, it had some outdated elements (case in point, Batfink's buck-toothed sidekick "Karate"), the animation was pretty obviously - to put it nicely - 60s-TV-budget, and it had uhh... this:
Screenshot 2024-01-04 175559.png

but either way, CBBC aired it a lot at its prime hours, it wasn't just something they put on at school hours for nostalgic adults, it was after-school airing. The choice is both admirable and nonsensical honestly. Why they didn't just show Danger Mouse, a more popular, British-created show with a similar premise that's racist elements can be summed down to a few bannable episodes and still recieved nostalgia merch at the time - is beyond me, but I really like the thought of some die-hard Batfink fan at the BBC trying his damndest to keep the show alive, heh.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Does anyone from the UK remember Batfink?

It was this parody-superhero cartoon from the 60s that, for whatever reason, 00s CBBC aired as one its premier shows. It wasn't British, it had some outdated elements (case in point, Batfink's buck-toothed sidekick "Karate"), the animation was pretty obviously - to put it nicely - 60s-TV-budget, and it had uhh... this:
View attachment 382494
but either way, CBBC aired it a lot at its prime hours, it wasn't just something they put on at school hours for nostalgic adults, it was after-school airing. The choice is both admirable and nonsensical honestly. Why they didn't just show Danger Mouse, a more popular, British-created show with a similar premise that's racist elements can be summed down to a few bannable episodes and still recieved nostalgia merch at the time - is beyond me, but I really like the thought of some die-hard Batfink fan at the BBC trying his damndest to keep the show alive, heh.
Never heard of BatFink before, Danger Mouse I have heard but I never seen an episode before.

Anyways since I had spoken some of my memorable shows from CBBC, anyone from the UK remember watching a show called ZZZAP!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Never heard of BatFink before, Danger Mouse I have heard but I never seen an episode before.

Anyways since I had spoken some of my memorable shows from CBBC, anyone from the UK remember watching a show called ZZZAP!

Yeah, I watched this one too - had a long life in reruns, wasn't it made for deaf kids or something?

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I have a show I WATCH NOW thats obscure The Ninjala anime there isnt a single review of the anime on youtube!
The game isnt for me but i like the show!

Top Bottom