• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is up with everyone and Ness' fair?

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Lolol.

I had trouble hitting with it in Melee. It was fast, but slower compared to character speeds. It was a very good edgeguard, though.

YumClock

Smash Apprentice
Ness' bat is horrendous. Simply horrendous. I'd bet a fair amount that it's the slowest Fsmash after the charge in the game. Not the worst, but certainly the slowest.
About range, it's smaller than Pikachu's Fsmash. I'm not sure if Pikachu's is considered large, but it certainly seems counterintuitive that electricity would travel farther than a bat is long (Electricity doesn't go too far in air, for one).

And Ness' fair is mainly for its priority, i thought. It's pretty fast, and goes through nearly every attack.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
I think Fair deserves all it's credit, the Fair is pretty amazing. Not the best in the game or anything, but definitely one of Ness' best moves and definitely his best aerial.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Bat has only one use:

Predict spot dodges. Wind up means it'll hit them afterward.

And even then, you have to tipper to have decent shield pressure.

It's really lame how it doesn't KO anymore. It's just OMG25% now.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
The bat KOs... Really. Melee bat probably KOs just as much, the difference is the fact that it is way easier to hit with, with range, and less punishable.

g2g4l

Smash Apprentice
You seem to keep forgetting.....you say that it doesn't have many special qualities besides damage and knockback but that is just it. IT HAS GREAT DAMAGE AND KNOCKBACK. This attack is balanced like most other attacks in the games it balances its power with its speed and range. Yes D3's is Uber slow but balanced with Amazing power and range. The bat is used so rarely(because it is under rated) that most don't expect it. I mean maybe it isn't the best attack in the game and in some matches it is nothing more than mind gamez that sometimes pay off. It is still a great move

Its Has Great knock back, and Great damage period....that is why it is good

Gindler

Smash Champion
Dair=awesome approach, awesome spike, great for punishing spotdodges
Fair=awesome approach, great multihit annoyance wall, can punish spotdodges and tends to eat shields (pokes)

The Fair i'd say is second best next to Marth's sure you're not going to kill (gimping excluded) with a Fair from ness, but people aren't going to be dodging it since it lasts so ridiculously long...

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Retreating forward airs are toooooo good. It is a disservice to Ness's 4 amazing aerials to pick one as the best. Depending on the matchup, some will be usless and some will be amazing. Just depends on the match up =)

_clinton

Smash Master
Dair=awesome approach, awesome spike, great for punishing spotdodges
Fair=awesome approach, great multihit annoyance wall, can punish spotdodges and tends to eat shields (pokes)

The Fair i'd say is second best next to Marth's sure you're not going to kill (gimping excluded) with a Fair from ness, but people aren't going to be dodging it since it lasts so ridiculously long...
Dude...**** Marth's Fair...Ness' Fair FTW!

You forgot some things though on the Dair...like for example the fact that it has a lot of shield stun and shield knock back even at 0%

Oh and the fact that it can be a lot safer to get in close with it somewhat because of these areas on it...

Really people...

Ness' Vacuum Hole > Ganondorf's Thunder Drop

By far...

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Retreating forward airs are toooooo good. It is a disservice to Ness's 4 amazing aerials to pick one as the best. Depending on the matchup, some will be usless and some will be amazing. Just depends on the match up =)

I count 5

5amazingairials

_clinton

Smash Master
My least favorite one is Uair...

So I'm going to guess...Uair ^_^

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Cause its beast mode to get start your aerial combos...

Personally i dont know how or why ness is such low tier...

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Who is Lucas? Is he the guy with glasses that comes out when I use an assist trophy?

Uffe

Smash Hero
The Lucas jokes were pretty funny. Of course I was thinking Jeff when Ref asked if it were the guy with the glasses.

Top Bottom