• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the best secondary for Wario???

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
I'm just curious who would be a good secondary character for Wario. I know Wario is pure awesomeness but it's not bad to always have a backup plan.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
MK is the best secondary for ANY character.

I don't know, I figured G&W was good for Wario.

Ace55

Smash Lord
For once I agree with PKNintendo. Although I'm not gonna encourage you to use MK (for god sakes).

G&W does cover Dedede and Luigi quite nicely. Don't know how he does against Marth.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
For once I agree with PKNintendo. Although I'm not gonna encourage you to use MK (for god sakes).

G&W does cover Dedede and Luigi quite nicely. Don't know how he does against Marth.
For once?:laugh: I truly am a part of this board.

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing around with Donkey Kong as a second, as he fixes some of Wario's spacing problems against opponents like Marth. Heck, I've even toyed with Marth a bit as a possible second as he is pretty much the antithesis of Wario as far as distance and spacing go. Thirdly, Kirby? Maybe? I don't know, I've had some good experiences with him and enjoy him as a Wario main.

Just some of my ramblings. :-D

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MK.

That's it, there's no lies, no slander, no shame. It's MK.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If you don't wanna resort to MK, then a combination of Watch and D3. You can't cover Wario's weaknesses without going top tier.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Well since my first main was D3, hes my scedonary, and I do very very well with him, and Wario compliments him so well by having an advantage over D3's weakness besides MK.

JST

Smash Apprentice
I dunno about G&W. DDD still gives G&W a rough time. Marth ***** G&W.

I'd say either MK, Marth, or Falco. And if you're hellbent on avoiding being CGed, Jigglypuff.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
I've seen this thread TOO many times...

DDD is really comfortable for me. Metaknight is completely different than Wario, but he's obviously so good that anyone can pickup + play.

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
I've seen this thread TOO many times...

DDD is really comfortable for me. Metaknight is completely different than Wario, but he's obviously so good that anyone can pickup + play.
Sorry, to bother you guys I just haven't seen any others.

Thanks for the comments guys, but is there any other non-high tier character that goes well with Wario? Like Pit or Ike or Luigi(just examples they don't have to be it). Because I don't like how the other high tier characters feel.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Falco is a really good secondary for Wario, he gets rid of Weegee and D3 at least, G&W I never had much trouble with as Wario, but Falco can CG G&W to about 40ish before he can get out of it, and if he buckets the lasers, they don't hurt very much, and I doubt he can bucket a bunch of SH laser spam.

ReoZeo

Smash Journeyman
Haha pure awesomeness and then a "cool" picture of Wario hahaha
Jigglypuff should be your reliable secondary :) lol jk it depends on you O_O

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I use DDD. he has the medium-slow speed but powerful attack combo Wario has and yet his gameplay turns out different. this make u better at wario and can counter his counterpicks.

Hero Fly Chao

Smash Cadet
I use Ice Climbers as a fairly successful backup to Wario. Because in general it's a bad idea to grab the Climbers, it's a good compliment to people who get grab-happy against Wario.
Obviously there's more to it then that, but I think they make a great secondary.

Also, if you want someone who plays pretty similarly to Wario, try goody two-shoes Mario. Well, he doesn't really solve Wario's matchup problems, but he's a gimping fiend...

danielreece2

Smash Cadet
DDD seems reliable.

it takes care of Snake GnW and Marth with pretty even matchups...

and hes like 3rd most badass character in the game xD

Wario
Falcon
DDD

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i use marth and wario.. marth takes care of marth ;)
weeG
G&W
D3's i have some trouble with but depends on how good thy are i use both since both my chars are bad agenst D3

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Olimar is another non-top tier character that can make up for Wario's bad ground game. Kirby is another good choice as well. However, they don't counter Marth.

PurpleAvenger

Smash Rookie
I like Diddy, he's way better versus DDD and Marth and forces MK to ban FD to an extent if he knows you can bring a decent diddy to the table.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Im going to say toon link or peach cause they both have that floaty movement..

I second as wario and main as peach

Top Bottom