• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What instrument do you play?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Piano. 10 or 11 years
Violin. 9 years
and Saxophone... 5-6 years

guess which one my parents wanted me to play...
if you said all of it, then you are correct
HOW CAN YOU PLAY THE VIOLIN!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
I hate that piece of wood with strings....
I play the cello (aka: the cool piece of wood with strings) if you ever played the cello you would know why they all hate violins...

IrArby

Smash Ace
How can you hate the Violin? Its the most acoustically sound stringed instrument, sounds ****ing awesome, and as far as popular string instruments go its probably the most versatile after the guitar (which is tied for versatility with piano in my book).

I've been playing guitar for 8-9 years most of it electric but recently alot more acoustic. Pardon my seeming lack of modesty but I'm good, I can do alot of cover songs creatively (just me an meh acoustic), and write a decent amount of original and likeable material. I used to be in a Power Punk (with solos) type band but this summer I'll be doing a 3 Man acoustic band thing. I also sing well.

Yay for putting ourselves out there!

Sperz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sperzz
That's why there are TeAcHeRs and TuToRs for drums.

Btw, I played piano for 7 years. Stopped that.

Now I'm playing drums (bad@**)

eh, taking classes for drums isnt much use. you just have to start playing alot to get the hang of it

and listen to alot of bands with good drummers

Rang3

is being watched
Well I can play guitar hero on expert, sing in rock band on hard, and play the drums on rock band on medium and sometimes hard but I suppose that doesn't really count ~_~

I myself am a Trumpet and Piano player, however I am not currently in any bands. I was in my high school Jazz Band, along with the Concert band, although I much prefer Jazz over Concert.

We should start a SWF Jazz Band =]

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
I played piano for 7 years, then in 6th grade, I started playing trumpet, 7 years and counting! I am 1st chair in my school, lead trumpet for the Jazz Band and Pit Orchestra, and I also am lead trumpet in a Jazz Band outside of school.

Trumpet FTW

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Violin and Piano.

I also play some other instruments, but I'm not allowed to mention them on SWF.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Snap, that is cold. It's hard enough playing in 40s-50s. Hopefully you don't really have to play high.
ugh, yeah, that really sucks. The only times I really played outside were in high school - one of the towns in my district has an annual Christmas Tree lighting, a small group of us played at it. Fortunately, I had the 4th part (it was one of those "part by instrument" arrangements), so I didn't have to play anything TOO high.

Other than that was graduation nights from 2000-2003, and those were usually warm.

never give up the trombone:mad:
I still play mine in the summer.

DJayS

Smash Apprentice
i play guitar :)
i really wanna be like uber multi-talented and play like the bass, piano, and drums too lol XD

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
-Coughs.- I got a lot to list here. My family made sure I was able to do something.

SO here we go...

Piano
Alto Saxophone
Violin
Electric Violin
Harp <-- Often.
Flute <-- When I fee like it.
Ocarina <-- When I'm bored. XD
I'm working on playing with a Guitar.

( If I do have more. I can't think right now. My mind is else where. XD )

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I play the alto sax, tenor sax, a little guitar, and a little piano. Music is life man =D

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I figured after seeing this thread my musical talents could not go unrecognized.

I play a mean Kazoo and a dangerous Harmonica. The sounds are enough to make a dead man dance.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I play the bassoon. I bet you could have never guessed that one.

I also play the piano a little bit because it's required for college with me being a music major and everything. (I'm done with my piano classes now, though! Yay!)

I also have played a few other instruments. Lately I've been relearning clarinet a little bit... I don't really know why, I'm not very good at it and likely will never be because of those stupid high notes. D:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I play the bassoon.
O:

My parents were gonna put me into piano lessons when I was a kid, but I rejected the idea. I really wish I did. ): I'm gonna have to make sure I force piano lessons on my kids. D:<

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I just got a shiny new ukulele to learn how to play. I have no idea how, but I've got experience, an internet connection, and a lot of heart.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
I play the drum set and am trying out on snare
for marching band this year.
I know (very) little piano- just like to figure
out some songs on it, and I would like to get better on it.

POKE40

Smash Lord
I play the bassoon. I bet you could have never guessed that one.

I also play the piano a little bit because it's required for college with me being a music major and everything. (I'm done with my piano classes now, though! Yay!)

I also have played a few other instruments. Lately I've been relearning clarinet a little bit... I don't really know why, I'm not very good at it and likely will never be because of those stupid high notes. D:
*Bows down*
It takes a man to touch the bassoon
Are you chuck norris?

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
That's funny because I also play bassoon. I've been playing for 8 years now (wow)... and I play in my university's Band, Orchestra, and various chamber groups. I love bassoon, it's my favorite instrument.

Prawn

Smash Master
Drums since I was 9-10, so....6-7 years-ish.

I like to consider myself pretty proficient at it, especially considering I go across a wealth of genres. Mostly Ska, Jazz, Punk, Hardcore-Punk, Poppunk, and Post-Rock but I delve into whatever sounds good. I just like jamming out t3h b33ts.

Feels good man.

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman
I sing, rap, and chant ;p
Play piano, program music, and use korg DS
I am learning guitar, accordion and hopefully glockenspeil.
I plan on learning LSDJ and NANOLOOP, etc.

www.myspace.com/ryryzovko
that's what i do when im bored.

Top Bottom