• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Pokemon was brought to reality?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Imagine walking around one day, and suddenly, a blinding burst of light appeared in the sky. You may think that the sun is exploding, or some gamma ray that has fired astray is about to smash Earth and reduce the life on it to about the same levels as my caring level for Hello Kitty's Island Adventure. Seconds later, you see the light beginning to dim, and in it, a horselike figure appears. As the light fades to nothing, you drop your jaw in awe at the sheer sight of Arceus in the sky, right before your eyes, you may think its a dream, and might even try to wake up, but you find that this is VERY real, and is happening right before your eyes.

Arcues then makes a giant blue light appear, creating Dialga, you can feel how time is warping, slowing down as Dialga appears, and slowly reverting as it crawls into the forbidden dimention in lays rest in. A pink light then appears, and then Palkia is created, you see how your body, and the areas around you are being distorted physically by the creation of Palkia, then these too go away with Palkia entering this forbidden dimention. Now, a black light appears, and tragedies like earthquakes, giant eruptions from seemingly nowhere, and tidal waves sprout; and as it enters the distortion world, these too seem to fade away as they never happened. Now three red dots in the sky, seeming to form a chain, move around the traces of the portals each of the beasts went though, and eventually split up, and turn into Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit, which fly out to three different small bodies of water, scattered around the world.

Now, Arceus spawns a tiny little white-pink ball of light that circles around him, rocketing out of it, you see Mew, flying around, playful as you've seen it in the movies. Mew now flies above Arcues, and together, the create giant beams of light, flying out in all directions. Light eventually engulfs the world, and as it fades, you watch in awe at the changes around you. Tangela are appearing from the growths of vines. Fossil Pokemon, and Pokemon that are similar to today's extinct animals barge out of museums, brought back to life from the duo's power. Some certain dogs turn into Poochyena, Electrike, cats become Skitty and Meowth. You suddenly see Pidgey and Starly flying through the skies. A tank in an aquarium has exploded, and now a Gyarados is rampaging through town. Your mind is being overwhelmed by the sheer possibility of all this happening, you try to wake up again and again, but find that now you're living in a whole new world.

You can't imagine the sheer terror you'll face if you saw a hostile Salamence or Tyranitar one day, nor imagine the joy of the possibility of keeping one of these Pokemon as a pet if you can tame it. With Matter to Data or Energy conversion impossible, due to Pokemon being millenia ahead in the technology department with Pokeballs, taming these beasts would be no small task. Imagine how now Humans are no longer at the top of the food chain, where beasts like Groudon, Mewtwo, and more can take anything Humans can throw at them with ease, and could obliterate a human without trying. It could be the end of the world if things go wrong, but it could be the magnificent start of a new world if things go right.

Imagine befriending a Metagross, a Pokemon of extreme intelligence, more intelligent than anything on earth BP (Before Pokemon), and you could just hook him up to a computer and understand what its trying to say. Using the wisdom of an Alakazam or Mewtwo to get to the technelogical standpoint where Pokemon/Human conversation would be possible. Imagine all the friendly kids with their Pokemon pets, as friends, but for the older people.... Pokemon would probably return to what it always has. The battles. Imagine just 1 on 1 battles (seeing as taming more than 1 strong Pokemon would be too much of a hassle without Pokeballs), of who could get the strongest Pokemon, compete for superiority. If all goes well, the Pokemon would like the challenge of the fight, and no problems would arise from that. Pokemon, going from a humble videogame to an absolute reality. The people who have mastered Pokemon now would have a definate advantage in a future like this, and an obscurity that many people are insulted for playing, then becomes something that everyone is associated with.

What do you think of a world with Pokemon? What side-effects do you think this planet will have with this? What would you like the most from a world like this? The least?

Add anything realivant to this discussion that you want.

Edit: Rule here:
What if Pokemon came to reality, and they functioned correctly in our world as they did in the games and anime?

No posts about how the possiblities of the Pokemon being real are allowed, such as the strange build of Macargo being made out of lava, etc.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
SOmetimes I think that would happen.

people would still have wars but with pokemon also.

people would **** dittos and jigglypuffs, sorry it would happen.

people would be able to clone people/pokemon and bring them back to life like in the games.

you could eat whatever berries you saw. wtf pokemon won't easily beat machine guns and fighter jets sure one can control time but will he know a bullet is about to go thought his skull from 5 miles away? In truth some people would be equals but they can't just beat bullets and junk. Some do have amored bodies like Gyarados but not all.

Hardcore Monotheistic Religions such as Christianity, Islam, and possibly Judaism would think that the devils have come to earth, thus Armageddon.

Otherwise, I would view it to have positive effects upon the earth itself, seeing as humans are constantly blighting it with pollution and waste. Pokemon might be able to clean it a bit, especially Suicune, looking at it's water-purifying powers.

Might also be able to solve wars and other negative occurrences.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Of course, medicine would be majorly advanced as well. Pokemon like Meganium and Blissey have healing powers beyond human comprehension. Pokemon that can use Wish such as the Eevee evolution line would be useful is working in hospitals, and the like.

Energy as we know it today would be revolutionized. Electric-type Pokemon like Electabuzz and Magnezone could supply power just by generating electricity, while cars would no longer be needed due to the presence of Flying-type Pokemon and 'running' Pokemon like Rapidash and Dodrio. Water-type Pokemon such as Lapras could ferry you across the water.

This is not without downsides of course. Beedrill and a lot of the other Bug-type Pokemon would be horrifying as crap. If you got stung by a Beedrill...you're kinda dead. Unless you get whisked away to a Pokemon Center, ahaha.

Ghosts would actually exist, and Darkrai would be running loose around the world...eating people's dreams and making them ill.

If man didn't face danger enough from normal animals, it only worsens if Pokemon existed. Think about normal threats like insects, sharks, lions, rhinos, elephants, and hippos. Luxray could literally stalk you with his ability, Sharpedo makes the Great White look like a pet, and Rhyperior would just step on you. Poison-type Pokemon would be deadly too, putting real-life poisonous insects and animals out of commission, since most Poison-types are relatively larger.
I didn't even go into Dragon-types for enough reason.

Weather would be heavily influenced if Pokemon existed. Hippowdon and Tyranitar would cause sandstorms throughout the Sahara, while Abomasnow makes his home in Antartica and the colder regions of the world. Groudon and Kyogre should just stay asleep in their ancient tombs, who knows what would happen if they were out in the open. Global warming < Groudon + Kyogre + Tyranitar + Abomasnow.

More later, but I don't think it would turn out too well for us if Pokemon existed.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Not sure why, but I lol'd through your entire post Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Also, we know how Muked up Hoenn was from the Sootopolis event. Imagine that happening in the real world. Rayquaza come from the sky to stop an ongoing power struggle of Kyogre and Groudon. The Damage that happened before, and the damage after in the real world.... incomprehensable.

Spire

III
BRoomer
You can't apply Pokemon to our real world and think it would be anything similar. If Pokemon existed in this world rather than normal animals, the very way we see the world would be different and we'd shape it accordingly. The modern world would be based on ideals wholly different than those we've built ours on. Look at our mythologies: we imagine creatures with such powers, but recognize they don't actually exist. In a world with Pokemon, these creatures would exist, and we would have domesticated some and formed temples and entire civilizations around others (legendaries), just as we have for Gods we cannot prove exist. The modern world would either be more primitive or more advanced than ours, as we would have either felt subjugated to the powers of a lot of Pokemon, or by domesticating and overcoming them, would use their benefits (as we have the Horse, which has undeniably effected the course of human history more than any other animal besides ourselves) to change everything. Just as we've raised horses to fight in war, we would use all sorts of Pokemon to do so, and on vast scales. The world would simply be an entirely different place.

Terrador14

Smash Apprentice
There would be some Japanese fellows killing themselves for the havoc they wrought. Also, Cresselia would be quickly hunted to extinction in a likely vain attempt to ressurect the dead. To be frank, the more intellegent pokes (Alakazam, Mewtwo, etc.) would be running a huge-*** memory conspiracy to avoid A)Easier methods of enslaving them and B)The havoc of realizing "OHSHI-, THE WORLD IS FULL OF ANIMALS WITH SUPERPOWERS!!!1!!1!11!11!"

As for me, my response is simple: /wrist.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Spire, the question is not if Pokemon existed since the beginning of time.

The question is, what if Pokemon started existing TODAY?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Spire, the question is not if Pokemon existed since the beginning of time.

The question is, what if Pokemon started existing TODAY?
You have 1234 posts.

Well in that case, uh yeah, we'd domesticate and use as many for our benefit as possible.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
We'd probably end up using Pokemon for our own personal needs, such as for medicine, electricity, transport etc. And most of them would be in more natural places rather than cities, so we'd have to like smuggle them into the cities.

We all live in a Pokemon World, I wanna be the greatest master of them all!

M.K

Level 55
There would be some Pokemon that could be too dangerous for humans.

Namely, Magcargo and it's 18,000 F body, Whismur and it's Jet Plane screams, and Magnezone and it's ability to change magnetic fields. (like, wut?)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I imagine people would start killing off any Pokemon even close to dangerous immediately, at least before laws are enacted / expanded to include Pokemon.

Also Mudkipz meme. Everywhere.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
There would be a retarted amount of Magcargo no one would go around them and when they lay an egg their abilty would make it hatch faster and they can lay another egg pretty fast and repeat. they would move in a pack and just meltt slower pokemon to eat. and people would live on hills to avoid them. I mean how would they go about killing them off? they have shells and are made of lava and can shoot fire. It would be like everyone on a hill with Magcargo all around them making a pool of lava as they drip by breeding.

Also don't shoot at wobuffets.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You COULD fire Nukes at Macargo swarms, thats a GARUNTEED way to get rid of a dangerous species, but then Arceus would be up our ***, getting ready to destroy the human race for firing Nukes at Pokemon.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Build a giant moat. That would keep Magcargo out (for a while).

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Yeah nukes would work but where are the nukes being fired? right next to people next to them. Also if they live near volcanoes and people what else would a nuke do it could poison near by water and stuff or active the volcano(I could I would think all that force would have somekind of affect)

moat would work for a while just don't have a wooden bridge they will shoot flames at it and burn down the city.

It would be funny to watch a pack of them just attacking woopers or something.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Well, that assumes that things like Cows aren't immediately transformed into Tauros and Milktank on the spot, as well as other animals being turned into their Pokemon alternatives. Tauros and Milktank don't seem to be too much more of a hassle than normal cows, at least with the taming the Pokemon world has done... so....

However, if we take the anology of Misty's Gym Aquarium that contains real-life fish, then we can guess real animals and Pokemon will co-exist to some extent, and we would probably rely on the normal animals before eventually eating some Pokemon meats and milks, which are probably SIGNIFIACANTLY higher in nutrition, so there wont be much problem in the long run IMO.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Take some charcoal, put it in the cookie mix, and eat said cookie. congrats, you prolly have the same taste as a lava cookie in your mouth, except the lava cookie won't be horridly toxic and kill you.

Cacturne Pokedex entry:
If a traveler is going through a desert in the thick of night, CACTURNE will follow in a ragtag group. The POKéMON are biding their time, waiting for the traveler to tire and become incapable of moving.

Imagine desert and oasis civilizations. At night Cacturne will come and and take as many people as they please, and eat the tired citizens. TTar, who is THEORETICALLY weak to gun bullets, and Hippowdon, a humble, Human-avoider, compare nothing to Cacturne.

Terrador14

Smash Apprentice
We'd just have creepy supermarket people piss into bottles. Insta-Repel! (VG Cats reference ftw.)

HQ5

Smash Apprentice
There would be a retarted amount of Magcargo no one would go around them and when they lay an egg their abilty would make it hatch faster and they can lay another egg pretty fast and repeat. they would move in a pack and just meltt slower pokemon to eat. and people would live on hills to avoid them. I mean how would they go about killing them off? they have shells and are made of lava and can shoot fire. It would be like everyone on a hill with Magcargo all around them making a pool of lava as they drip by breeding.

Also don't shoot at wobuffets.
Since Magcargo are still technically snails (with apparently very active reproductive systems XD), we may finally be able to end any global food shortages with these Magcargo as long as we can find a way to cool down all that lava and fire and consume the meaty, escargot-y goodness we are sure to find inside. Mmm....

And since Magcargo can be used to hatch Pokemon eggs at a much faster rate, we can mass-breed Pokemon like Miltanks or Tauruses for meat, leather, whatever.

(Then again, I'm sure Arceus wouldn't be too happy if we all started eating the Pokemon... :/ )

Loved the wobuffet comment. XD XD XD Warfare will never be the same.

Or, to take this a step further, what if the military started making bulletproof vests out of wobuffet skin? Would the skin retains its reflective qualities without the previous owner being... uh, alive?

Slowpoke tail samples, anyone? XD

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
"IMMA CHARGIN MAH BOOSTERS"

"IMMA FIRIN MAH NUKE"

"WOBUFFET"

*Bounce*

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-BOOM"

Modern Warfare 3- Pokemon Edition.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I'll travel every where with my pokemon, defeat every trainer

Become the best

All types, except Ice.....they suck

I'll conquer the world because my pokemon would be so powerful

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(eVILY)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
In a world of Pokemon, since our technology is so primative, you'd only be able to carry around one Pokemon thats strong, seeing as there is no Pokeballs.

And if you DID try to conquer the world, Arcues would kill you.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
In a world of Pokemon, since our technology is so primative, you'd only be able to carry around one Pokemon thats strong, seeing as there is no Pokeballs.

And if you DID try to conquer the world, Arcues would kill you.
You dare challenge me

Mars16 turns his hat and chooses Grodoun

Ultimario is choosing

+Pokemon stadium music+

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'm always down with having a Milktank Big Mac.
And I would rightfully take my awesome Charizard/Arcanine/Typhlosion/Flareon/whatever awesome Fire-type I have and burn down every place that promotes this type of killing. Needless to say, I oppose your idea. <.<

Oh, and the Miltanks would survive this assault, because they have Thick Fat. Yay! :)

rhan

Smash Hero
Y'all can go all vegiterian if y'all want. But all the cows on Earth will be replaced with Milktanks.

And I'm eating steak every night!

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Y'all can go all vegiterian if y'all want. But all the cows on Earth will be replaced with Milktanks.

And I'm eating steak every night!
I'm already vegetarian actually, but I understand other people's thoughts about it as well. It's just...Miltank. I <3 Miltank. It's like one of my favorite Pokemon. D:

Thus, I wouldn't let anyone harm one.

I'd be taking bets on how long it is before someone ends up trying to have sex with them...
...how do you think the Pokerus came about in the first place?

Top Bottom