• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Pokemon was brought to reality?

Octave

Smash Ace
Yeah UltiMario, JOE! is classic. Learn your PC history mang.

Oh, and Pokémon would resemble their in-game forms, but be biologically built in a realistic fashion.

Here's what a realistic Beedrill would actually look like:

And here's a Celebi (my personal favorite faked real Pokemon):

That celebi is kinda scary looking.

JOE!

Smash Hero
i was looking for that beedrill pic, but had limited time in class, so I settled for a wasp :p

anywho, another interesting tidbit:

would they be true to pokedex entries?

If so, Machamp is said to be strong enough to move mountains, yet only has like...10 more base ATTK than Lucario. Can lucario benchpress ocean liners? Can Ramparados (sp) move continents?

etc, etc...

and, the question is still up if physics still apply to their powers or if the 3 dragons messed it up..

also, more pokemon that cannot exist:

any pokemon evolved via trade not found in the wild, due to lack of trading machines.

Any pokemon evolved via stone, or select means in game such as area or items.

the 3 legedary beasts (raikou, entei, suicune) due to the burned tower never happenening, thus ho-oh never creates them

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
And like...dangerous?

And UltiMario, these people aren't obscure. Perhaps they just don't play Pokemon competitively, and this thread is something they can relate to. :)

-Terywj

Octave

Smash Ace
I've always wanted to play Pokemon competitively but I like to use my favorites and they're mostly in the UU tier. That and I want to actually train them rather than use that smogon thing. :/

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I've always wanted to play Pokemon competitively but I like to use my favorites and they're mostly in the UU tier. That and I want to actually train them rather than use that smogon thing. :/
I think you meant Shoddy, but tha's awesome how you play UU. :D

-Terywj

finalark

SNORLAX
Mmm. You know, this topic reminds me of The Amulet of Samarkand...

Great power comes with great responsibility...I guess.
Win post is win.

Yeah UltiMario, JOE! is classic. Learn your PC history mang.

Oh, and Pokémon would resemble their in-game forms, but be biologically built in a realistic fashion.

Here's what a realistic Beedrill would actually look like:

And here's a Celebi (my personal favorite faked real Pokemon):

The Celebi is kind of hard to make out, but somewhat creepy when you do see it. And that Beedrill... oh my god Beedrill. If I was just walking in the woods one day and I saw that thing charging at me... game over man, game over.

You know, if we did get to the point where Pokemon Trainers are common and Pokemon battles are a-okay would there be some Pokemon that would be outright illegal to own? Let's be honest here, some Pokemon could be potentially very dangerous to humans. Swallot? That thing is fueled by the primal fear of being eaten alive. Or how about the ghost Pokemon? Or the previously mentioned (in this thread) Slugma?

Now that I think about it, there would be a number of geological changes too, such as how some Pokemon create sandstorms, making some deserts potentially uninhabitable.

Anyway, do you have any more "real pokemon" pics like that?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You guys misunderdstood what I meant.

I meant theres a lot of people posting here that don't really post in the Pokemon Center much. And when did I specifically call Joe obscure? I recall nothing like that.

And Muk, that Celebi is creepy. I hope if this happened that Pokemon would still look less frightening in some way/shape/form.

Except the ones that are SUPPOSED to be scary.

Muk I want to see RealTar.

finalark

SNORLAX
And Muk, that Celebi is creepy. I hope if this happened that Pokemon would still look less frightening in some way/shape/form.

Except the ones that are SUPPOSED to be scary.

Muk I want to see RealTar.
Muk. Muk would be bloody terrifying in real life. Actually, a lot of the Pokemon would probably be terrifying in real life. Even the ones that aren't supposed to be would be at least creepy. Mr. Mine? Jinx? Lickitung?

Octave

Smash Ace
I think you meant Shoddy, but tha's awesome how you play UU. :D

-Terywj
Yeah that's the one. My team was kinda mixed between OU and UU.

If Pokemon was brought to reality I would have the team I formulated in the game: Zangoose, Absol, Ampharos, Vaporeon, Ninetales, and Flygon.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Wait a better idea. What if the poeple from the pokemon world was switched with us? Hitler wouldn't be real anymore because there are no blacks and jews from pokemon. Peoeple would try to train ducks to burn fish and other crazy stuff

Spire

III
BRoomer
@ UltiMario - Who are you referring to as Muk, me?

@ finalark - just google "real Pokemon". There's a really nice Cubone and an interesting Koffing out there.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well obviously no one informed their moderator about it. Expect a rain of banishment.

:mad::080::mad::080::mad::080::mad::080::mad::080:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Well obviously no one informed their moderator about it. Expect a rain of banishment.

:mad::080::mad::080::mad::080::mad::080::mad::080:
use :mad:kuna instead

anyways, I still havent heard...if they come to our world, will they be slammed by our natural laws and physics?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Some of them will break the laws of physics, but really, this is how science works...

INSERT RULES OF SCIENCE HERE.

INSERT EXCEPTIONS HERE.

Really, they won't be breaking any scientific laws, sure, Pokemon physics may need to be made for science, but they won't break anything since anything oddball enough to break it will be put in exeptions rather than science finding a way around it.

Also, if Pokemon were rwal, one thing I'd be looking forward to is battling like they do in the Anime, much more fun and action packed than the actual game IMO.

Spire

III
BRoomer
use :mad:kuna instead

anyways, I still havent heard...if they come to our world, will they be slammed by our natural laws and physics?

I just don't see us suddenly using Pokémon to battle like in the games at all. It would really be an entirely different situation. Scientists would study them first and only photographs and video would be released to the public. Then they'd open Pokémon Zoos. Those that could be used for good use might be used, but animal rights organizations would be all over it. Ultimately, they'd be treated like animals with special abilities.

JOE!

Smash Hero
no, science doesnt work like that at all actually...

just because it is poofed here does not mean new rules are made for it, in fact the oposite is true:

they become slaves too OUR rules of gravity, biology, etc and certain pokes simply do not work. For example, how are 90% of rock-types supposed to be alive?

or how can a beedrill of scyther fly?

EDIT @ Spire:

lulz

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I just don't see us suddenly using Pokémon to battle like in the games at all. It would really be an entirely different situation. Scientists would study them first and only photographs and video would be released to the public. Then they'd open Pokémon Zoos. Those that could be used for good use might be used, but animal rights organizations would be all over it. Ultimately, they'd be treated like animals with special abilities.

A: Pokemon have godly powers, how the **** are you going to keep them in a zoo?

B: Pokemon range from nearly as, just as intelligent as, or more intelligent that humans, and very few pokemon are complete idiots. Even the great apes or dolphins fail in comparison intellectually to Pokemon. They're not going to just be like animals and sit there stupidly for scientists to study, they'd know what the hell is going on, and probably blow up a few thousand scientists if they didn't like it.

C: Mewtwo will OWN the animal rights organization.

JOE!

Smash Hero
mewtwo wont exist Ulti, neither would the porygon family, or any other man-made pokemon. Any pokemon that must evolve through trading or stones only, nor the ledgendary dog trio due to ho-oh never creating them due to no brunt tower

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, are they uniformly "claydol" and "banette"? If so, then i think theyd just end up as regular pokemon. If not, then they are kinda just posessed objects, no?

also, -still- waiting for the verdict of changed physics via Arceus/giratina/palkia, or if pokemon get bent to our world's physics...

if so, we're gonna see ALOT less pokemon actually able to exist in our world.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Lessee Banette was a marionette doll driven to life by revenge, while Claydol was a clay doll that came to life after "unknown" light hit it, IIRC.

And your last statement seems true, but what examples?

-Terywj

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Lessee Banette was a marionette doll driven to life by revenge, while Claydol was a clay doll that came to life after "unknown" light hit it, IIRC.

-Terywj
What about Bronzong?

I think some Pokemon will be driven to extinction due to global warming - especially the Water-type ones.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
mewtwo wont exist Ulti, neither would the porygon family, or any other man-made pokemon. Any pokemon that must evolve through trading or stones only, nor the ledgendary dog trio due to ho-oh never creating them due to no brunt tower
Porygon family will be created as computers are manifested by the event. And the LEgendary dogs will exist when terrorists blow up some tall building later. Metwo will probably exist one day because someone is eventaully going to get their hands on Mew DNA and just Clone it, lol.

However, Stones and trading I am unshure of. These Pokemon would find a way to exist somehow, but the question is, how?

Arceus would find a way, I'm sure.

OHOHOH. Speaking of Arceus, this event would absolutely destroy pretty much ever religion ever made, especially Christianity, because the Church disinitgrates when anything happens that could EVER question the existance of God. Having a Pokemon god would just poop on society. lol

POKEANITY, THE NEW RELIGION OF THE WORLD.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Call it Pokeology and we're set, haha.

Arceus being in existence would indeed crush all religions, as well as the major debate on evolution and the big bang theory. Clearly Arceus > religions + science.

-Terywj

finalark

SNORLAX
Let's not forget that Pokemon more or less give the finger to many of the laws of science. If a god (which Arceus more or less is) were to appear out of nowhere and suddenly start creating new creatures and telling humans to suck it up and deal with it, things would be very different. We'd probably have a lot less atheists running around I can tell you that.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
We'd pretty much have absolutely zero followers of any religion anymore. They'd all be too confused.

Not to mention all the scientists scratching their heads.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Remember, Arceus pops out of mothermuking nowhere and does all this in this thread's situation.

I'd totally be the preist at the nearest Pokemon "church"

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Pokeology would rule the world. Literally.

That would be quite interesting to see how all the other religious followers react. (Albeit I'm one of them, being Christian)

-Terywj

finalark

SNORLAX
As far as how religion would be affected, here's what I think would happen:

(best cases):

currently-exsisting religions would think that this is their god giving the world a mass-overhaul

currently-exisiting religions would find a way for it to fit into their values and teachings into this

A brand-new religion devoded to Arceus would be created

(worse-case):

People think that it's the begening of the end, freak out, cause mass chaos, quote Watchman, ect.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Christianity would crumble. It look them like 300 years to accept the Earth wasn't the center of the universe. Thats un-adaptability for you.

And knowing theres now a god from a child's videogame that has been deemed "witchcraft" by extreme catholics that is now the true god of the world, and not the Christian God they believe in.

Well.

Lets say things won't be pretty.

At all.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Also, to someone (forget who) who asked about Bronzong. Bronzong's PokeDex entry says it was excavated IIRC, so I assume it would just come back to life.

Of course, how it BECAME living since it's a bell is not told.

-Terywj

Top Bottom