• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Pokemon was brought to reality?

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Mars16 wins the battle

Return Grodoun, you did good

I wonder what Magikarp would taste like

I wonder what I 'd taste like too a Garados

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Calcium, Zinc and the like already exist...the berries would have some extra kick to them I assume.

Smoke Balls already exist (smoke bombs) and PokeDolls would be funny if you threw it in front of a say Beedrill and ran like mad.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You dare challenge me

Mars16 turns his hat and chooses Grodoun

Ultimario is choosing

+Pokemon stadium music+
I think a noob needs to be taught Pokemon lessons.
Also, I like how he had a two-hour window of his cockyness.

Also, this made me think of something.

Legendary pokemon would be completely untainable, according to the anime, aquiring a legendary would be difficult as is, and without Pokeballs, people like Theorymon would be sad without Ubers being trainable. Not only that, but legends would FINALLY be TRUELY one of a kind in the world.

Also, Writer, isn't Pokerun a disease which is BENEFICIAL for Pokemon growth? Thats not exactly getting a point across.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Octillery would be pseudo-squid / octopus, and Sharpedo would make for a nasty shark fin soup.

Not to mention Crawdaunt, Kingler, and Lanturn as far as seafood goes.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Imagine, a Crawdaunt Lobster Tail Dinner.

For a family of four, I'd bet.

Largemike32197

Smash Cadet
our world would be in utter chaos. we humans, savages as we are, will not go diplomatically and say hi to the pokemon, but immediately recognize them as a threat and destroy any on sight, especially after the movieAttack from Mars:laugh:. think about it, but then again i may be wrong. just look at how the bald eagle is doing now that we have repaired our mistake.

don`t mean to be so harsh about us, humans but it`s probably true.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That or we'd just pit the best Pokemon out there (Mewtwo, etc.) and try to use them against other countries in wars.

Oh my god...terrorists with Weezings and Electrodes... FFFFUUU

Edit: Try not to double-post in the future. The edit-button helps you out.

-Terywj

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
There would be Pokenerds freaking out. ******* having sex with Mudkipz and then Mewtwo would conquer the world.

finalark

SNORLAX
You know, if I was just standing there and I saw the whol Arceus-Mew thing... I'd probably wet myself in terror.

Seriously, read some of the pokedex entries. Some Pokemon are just frickin' scary. I don't remember which pokemon, but I know that there's one that tries to drag kids to hell, and Jinx... holy **** Jinx. Oh, and Mr. Mine too.

In my book, if this were to happen in real life then thing would most likely boil down to this:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=284

Regaurdless, if the world had a positive reaction to this then some great good could come from it. Electic power wouldn't be a problem thanks to electric types, and thanks to some eviromentally friendly pokemon polution wouldn't be too big of a problem anymore.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
I'm more concerned with the Battling aspect.

Imagine taking your current Shoddy/DPP team into battle with someone else's.

It would make WMDs look like water pistols in comparison.

Legendarys would be only one of each in the world(like the actual games) and a new arms race would start to collect them. One country says one thing, which leads to another thing, and the entire world is destroyed before someone can say "WTF just happened!?!?!!"

Also, Gardevoir and Gallade are so humanlike that they can breed with humans and create a new race of human-poke hybrids. Same goes with the majority of the Human-Shape group.

finalark

SNORLAX
Yeah. It's human's nature that would make Pokemon real a bad thing.

-Terywj
True. If said event were to happen, the introduction of such creatures could either make the world a better place or in the wrong hands, make it a terrifing place. I wonder how poloticions would react to such an event...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Politics would probably cease to exist. The existence of "super" creatures would declare them null and void and make 'ObamaCare' look like nothing.

-Terywj

finalark

SNORLAX
So on a slighly cheerier note:

If you're alergic to cats, would that make you alergic to skitties? Or any other cat-like pokemon for that mater?

finalark

SNORLAX
I actually think the first one might have been a stealth parody. Because what they did to those cards and action figures sounds a lot more evil than two cartoony animals fighting eachother.

And when they said that the books were based off of the cartoon for Winnie the Poo, the level of research fail there was enough to make me just not read.

So can we get this back on topic now?

EDIT: I skimmed the secound one. I'm assuming that it's a parady, seeing how they said "Pikachu evolving in the Pokemon Hentai series." (and it's a pic of Pikachu using thunderbolt) They also used words like "douchebagerry." It's clearly a parady, or someone is just insane.

Octave

Smash Ace

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That second article was ********. The picture of Pikachu "evolving" wasn't even evolving at all. It was using Thunder(shock / bolt). Pathetic.

-Terywj

S

smash brawl player 99021

I honestly think it'd be like animals nowadays. Used in Police force, helping the blind, etc. Some negatives like abuse, and famine and whatnot.

finalark

SNORLAX
I think that if the Pokemon were generally welcome, it would make the world a much more interesting place. For instance, the Legendary Pokemon would add a level of mythology to the world that likes of which haven't been thought of since the ancient days. Or how some of the fighting Pokemon could help martial artists create new fighting styles. Or how healing Pokemon could be used in hospitals to aid doctors and nurses. I think it could possibly inspire humans to explore and learn about these new creatures and the new world they live in.

That is, if people could get over the fact that there are things that are more powerful and (in some cases) intelligent then they are.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yeah. Basically if humanity could stop being a jerk and being greedy having Pokemon would benefit greatly. Less pollution, more energy, better medicine, etc.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
As just a side note from that second article.

Is it me, or generally, has the knowledge of Pokemon skyrocked in the past few years? I see people making fun it knowing a **** of alot about the series in iself, and actually GETTING facts right whilst making fun it, MUCH more than that guy in that second article.

Now, for the discussion.

The Pokemon world has evolved with these creatures through time for at least tens of thousands of years. How would we know that Pokemon would be so kind right off the bat? Most animals that do not see humans much at all either flee or are (trying to be) threatening. Albeit most Pokemon have intelligence that would match a human IQ of 80, and quite a chunk that hit 100, 120, 150, and higher, which surpasses animals, would they be smart enough to try to get along right off the bat? Would they WANT to get along right off the bat?

finalark

SNORLAX
Now, for the discussion.

The Pokemon world has evolved with these creatures through time for at least tens of thousands of years. How would we know that Pokemon would be so kind right off the bat? Most animals that do not see humans much at all either flee or are (trying to be) threatening. Albeit most Pokemon have intelligence that would match a human IQ of 80, and quite a chunk that hit 100, 120, 150, and higher, which surpasses animals, would they be smart enough to try to get along right off the bat? Would they WANT to get along right off the bat?
It really does depend on how much the pokemon themselves are interested in co-exsisting with humans. And if they had an ambassidor that could get their message across on why they're here then I could see things going well. But let's be honest, under the right kind of leadership Pokemon could easily take over the world.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The Pokemon world, for the most part, is not utter chaos, so I think we could assume our world would not be as well. Of course, there are exceptions (everywhere Ash goes, everywhere a Pokemon game is set).

Octave

Smash Ace
Come to think of it, does the world of Pokemon have a government? They do have the Police force and such things but is there a president or a king or something? :confused:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Question:

would the pokemon games/lore still exist?

how would the more intelligent pokemon (Alakazam, etc) react to them?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I love how we're attracting so many obscure people in this thread.

Unless like 4,000 People lurk this board and never post, just to watch us babble upon ourselves.

@Joe: Obviously what we learned from the games will never be forgotten, but who would play a Pokemon game if they could have one as a pet?

JOE!

Smash Hero
I love how we're attracting so many obscure people in this thread.

Unless like 4,000 People lurk this board and never post, just to watch us babble upon ourselves.

@Joe: Obviously what we learned from the games will never be forgotten, but who would play a Pokemon game if they could have one as a pet?
wait, are you calling me...one of the former sprite shop spriters and the guy in charge of the biggest thread (thats not filled with "I WANTS MEGAMAN FER SSB4!" spam) on the site obscure?

...i hope im not :dizzy:

anywho, people whod still play are the ones who'd probably want ledgendaries, etc...

also, would they look as they do in game, or suddenly become "real"?

vs

(bug pokemon would be scary as hell...especially Pinscir)

and if the latter is true, would their abilities then be subdued to the laws of physics/biology/chemistry?

could they be effected by diseases? certainly they have no immunities if they are just "poofed" onto our earth...

can they be killed, or just "feint"?

edit: also, wouldnt mewtwo (and the prygon family) be non-existant as they are man-made?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah UltiMario, JOE! is classic. Learn your PC history mang.

Oh, and Pokémon would resemble their in-game forms, but be biologically built in a realistic fashion.

Here's what a realistic Beedrill would actually look like:

And here's a Celebi (my personal favorite faked real Pokemon):

Top Bottom