• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What grinds your gears in For Glory mode? (THE ROLLENING)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Still, I'm sorry about your experience. If you happen to run into Ikes who does that, it's probably someone who seconds them or even third, who knows? But from MY experience, you will not see an Ike main do that. Trust me, I've got my a** handed from them too many times to know that.
I guess most of my hatred against these kind of Ikes comes from this one Ike main I fought last month (his smash profile thing had Ike and he was really good with him so I assume his true main is Ike). I beat his DK and Ganondorf, and then he beats me using said method with Ike. Right before I'm about to leave he changes his name to "UR TRASH". Well that got me mad not because of the insult but because he thought he was better than me just because he kept running away. I stay to fight his Ike and beat him two more times before leaving (his playstyle was very predictable).

Moral of the story: don't talk trash if you win once, it makes you look dumb :laugh:.

On the bright side, I have a blast fighting Ikes that actually try to attack you instead of fleeing (even if I lose terribly to them).

On a side note, has anyone else noticed that players who pick certain characters behave worse than others? Sp the average Mario, Little Mac, Zelda or Captain Falcon seem to taunt/name tag a lot more?
From my experience, the ones that usually act all cocky are: :4falcon:,:4feroy:,:4ness:,:4littlemac:,:4link:,:4sonic:,:4zss:,:4luigi:.

Last edited:

Playerhater

Smash Cadet
Lol, clearly none of you have seen a good charizard main before. They play so differently from 99% of the FG charizards that it would catch you off guard. Doesn't surprise me though, I've rarely seen any other good charizards myself over thousands of games.

Edit: Lol playerhater, i can smell your salt from miles away
Salt? I don't know what that is. I guess you play charizard and think you're great, not nowing that even if you win, you still suck.

Picking fat characters like Bowser, Dedede and Charizard is like having a fat girlfriend and/or mother.

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
Salt? I don't know what that is. I guess you play charizard and think you're great, not nowing that even if you win, you still suck.

Picking fat characters like Bowser, Dedede and Charizard is like having a fat girlfriend and/or mother.
Lol why would you hate on heavies. I've never seen anybody hate against the heavies. They are by far the least annoying characters to fight. Aside from gordo spam, Spam abuse, and camping are almost nonexistent to their playstyle.

I am legitimately convinced that you have nothing against heavies and you are just trying to make yourself feel better by attacking me personally.

So i will repeat myself. I can spot your salt from miles away

Last edited:

Playerhater

Smash Cadet
Lol why would you hate on heavies. I've never seen anybody hate against the heavies. They are by far the least annoying characters to fight. Aside from gordo spam, Spam abuse, and camping are almost nonexistent to their playstyle.

I am legitimately convinced that you have nothing against heavies and you are just trying to make yourself feel better by attacking me personally.

So i will repeat myself. I can spot your salt from miles away
What's fun about fighting slow fatties and be careful you don't make a mistake so they can land a lucky move? It's boring as hell. They can't even move properly. I guess your idea of fun is having two fatties standing still and grabbing each other.

You can repeat yourself all you want, that's what dumb people do any way. Repeating stuff until they start believing it.

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
From my experience, the ones that usually act all cocky are: :4falcon:,:4feroy:,:4ness:,:4littlemac:,:4link:,:4sonic:,:4zss:,:4luigi:.
Sari Sari

You forgot about these two guys..... :4darkpit: :4falco:

Oh, and I totally agree with you on this fellow. :4feroy:
Roy is one of my mains, and to see another Roy disrespect and act all high and mighty, breaks my heart. You fight me, and I'll show you what a sweet and honorable Roy I am.

Last edited:

Supersteve45

Smash Rookie
What kills me the most in FG is the lag.... THAT STUPID LAG HAS KILLED ME MORE TIMES THAN THE TRIPPING IN BRAWL HAS!

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
The Disrespect level with good ol' Ganon is real, I suppose... :troll:
And you know mother-f****** hate you when they finally decide to pick Ganondorf after going a few rounds with you. Especially if you destroyed or almost destroy some of their previous best characters.

Hell, I was even Ganoncided! xD

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I guess they couldn't take more abuse and decided to Ganoncide themselves in a way. :p

My condolences go to you. I have never been in a Ganon/Disrespect situation before so I wouldn't exactly know how it feels. Any Ganondorf I have fought were very 'docile', IMO.

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
Giga Kaiju Giga Kaiju

Ah, thank you. I'm alright, though. If you happen to ever be in a Ganon/Disrespect situation take it as you are most likely a real threat in ruining their win/lose ratio (I know, silly. But that's how I kind of see it). Or at least disrupting their win streak. Sometimes keeping up the good fight (or having real close matches) is enough for them to pull out a Ganondorf.

Man, if only there was a way for you to see the kind of reaction I had when a Ganondorf suicide me. When I got Ganoncided, my mouth just hit the floor and I screamed "Oh, H*** NAH"!

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
No problem, dude/dudette. Glad to be of some help, hehe. But, not only from Ganons, but with heavy characters/High Tiers (if possible for that to be known with the roster and updates...) overall. When someone picks YOUR character, that's a PRETTY CLEAR shot that they know that you're a threat and either want to disrespect or are in their last options before rage-quitting most likely.

TRUSTORY.JPG :troll:

But, yeah, amusing but can be seen like a double-edge sword.

I guess with a shout and the frowniest frown there ever exists. (I'm not sure if 'frowniest' is a word, but meh)

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I got a good one. Happened last night before it was time for bed.

In For Glory FFA SMASH... I hate it, I mean... I so freakin' HATE it when another female is on the set and as soon as the match starts, they hop and turn their attention towards me. Completely forgetting the two other guys all because I am also a female.

Let me tell you something.

I don't care if you're trying to outplay me.
I don't care if you trying to prove something.
I don't care if you're trying to impress me. Or two other guys.
I just don't care about YOU!

You're my opponent, that's all there is to it. I'll fight you just the same as if there was a guy filling your spot. Don't grief me and attack me the entire match. You'll only irritate me further and I won't play nice. Period!

It's good to see women in For Glory, but don't disrupt my game-play, and the only time I care is when I'm fighting you 1 on 1 in singles!

God-dang, this happened to me more times than I can counts...

:( ...I feel better now. Sorry.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Damn, that sounds bad. But hey, at least you put that person in its place, right...? :troll:

Anyway, when on a Free-For All-Online Match, all of your opponents 'gang-up' on you or they team in the sense of some stay out of it, while one picks up the fight with you with spams but when you begin to have the upperhand, they all team up on you... :facepalm:

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Lag. Lag grinds my gears. Generally I'll just sd when a match is laggy these days.

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
Damn, that sounds bad. But hey, at least you put that person in its place, right...? :troll:

Anyway, when on a Free-For All-Online Match, all of your opponents 'gang-up' on you or they team in the sense of some stay out of it, while one picks up the fight with you with spams but when you begin to have the upperhand, they all team up on you... :facepalm:
I do when possible. Which is 90% of the time :cool:.

Especially the last part when I dittoed that chick by playing her ZSS. Not to mention the number of times I've taunted xD.

The whole gang-up happens more times in For Fun FFA than it is in For Glory FFA. I usually stay out of there knowing the number of casuals that hangout. Shoot, I started out being a casual until I got fed up with the taunt parties and gang-ups happening frequently.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Glad to hear that. Nothing more satisfying than putting someone in their place after such lowly acts.

Sounds like a good payback. Not that I do myself, but there are times when enough is enough.

I meant in general, but yeah. It happened with me recently, and started to get annoyed with the game, but decided to stick around for a bit to see if the situation changed. Evidently so, it did after a couple of matches where instead of going after them, I just stood still, taunting and moving up and down in place with my character. Eventually, one by one tried to approach me in the entire match but this time, I WAS READY. One by one, either they'll hit each other, ranking their damage up or somehow flying from the stage, enough for me to use their techniques and give them back the same treatment.

Needless to say, each one of them left after each match. Served them right, jerks. :yeahboi:

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519
It may seem stupid to hate but taunts always make me feel as-salt-ed.......
Also, I get ticked when I know I can do better but then fail miserably. Like some times I know I can do massively better than I am doing and it pretty much blows up in my face.

Last edited:

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
I hate taunts. I taunt sometimes at the beginning of the match, but most of the time they just attack me.

People say "oh anything to win using psychological tricks"
Then they go murder your family so you can't attend the smash tournament. Yes, anything to win darlings. Might as well legalize child marriage, and anything else, to get you out of the smash groove.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Captain Falcon players who use the gold or pink alternate costumes. Usually they act cocky as hell and always go for dash grab combos, knees, spikes or Reverse Falcon Punches literally nobody ever runs into, and most of the ones I've encountered taunt after every. single. damned. kill. That and they have a nametag like "DAMAGE" or whatever, are they trying to copy Shofu?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon players who use the gold or pink alternate costumes. Usually they act cocky as hell and always go for dash grab combos, knees, or spikes. That, and most of the ones I've encountered taunt after every. single. damned. kill. That and they have a nametag like "DAMAGE" or whatever, are they trying to copy Shofu?
Hey, honey. <3

It appears that you must have had a hard time with this guy. I just want to give you my input from my experience with fighting Captain Falcons like that in singles. 75% of the time, they are just being silly. Cocky at times, too, but leaning towards more to being silly. They sometimes they like to slow walk towards their opponents as if they're sneaking up on them (I watch ShareMode replays ALL THE TIME). Be thankful that this CF didn't teabag you (you didn't mention if the CFs you fought teabagged you so I assume they didn't).

I remember the pink CF I fought three Saturdays ago. Man, that guy was nuts but I stayed and continued to fight for the next ten rounds until I finally two-stocked him with my Roy (at that point, he started picking other characters).

Lol, now before you say "you should've left if fighting him was getting on your nerves" I just want to say this: that Saturday (Sept 19th) all I have ever fought all night was spammers, laggers (especially these guys), and people who abuse taunt. They were a lot worse to deal with than the CF I smashed with. At least my CF humored and respected me more when I continued to fight him and eventually beat him, even if it was just once. Try to see them as a silly character. Just about everyone who plays this game mains a CF or at least pockets him. Some don't even care about fighting that well with him.

CF as a character is just funny to look at, love.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I never thought this would actually annoy me, but it's really starting to become a pet peeve since I'm running into more people who do it recently. I guess I'm just being silly, but I also don't understand the point of it. Anyways, people who try to taunt when they're obviously losing. I usually encounter this the most when a friend and I play 2V2s, whether it be in For Glory or in For Fun. I find it silly.

What are you taunting for? Have you lost track of your KOs and falls, or do you just not know how to count?

Although I will admit it's really funny to see both of them try to double taunt or more at the end of the match, only to find out they lost by either just by one or something much more humiliating. Some even leave after that, probably out of pure embarrassment.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Maybe they're just trying to have some fun, I guess. Maybe that's why they do it. But then again, with the nature of FG players, you may never know.:yeahboi:

Captain Falcon is truly a character that has, gives and is fun to play with. It is entertaining to fight against him, but most of the times, it isn't that difficult if you know what you're doing. Some I have find resort to multi-grabs, and that is the only thing that I found annoying about them, but not all of them do that.

ChikiLucario

Smash Cadet
Reading the responses on this thread really makes me feel better about myself, because I go through the EXACT same problems, and I can't say anything that hasn't already been said.

Well, maybe there is one thing. Lucario dittos.

Every time I've done a Lucario ditto, I've done my comboes and stuff to get them to 90% or so, then all they do is spam aura sphere because they know they're going to lose. If I get close, they throw it without storing it, so I just reciprocate just waiting for them to get bored, because I certainly am whenever this happens.

Then, if they win, I question my Lucario skill. Then again, it's not like Lucario dittos are really equal, when one person gets a stock, it's hard to come back.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Reading the responses on this thread really makes me feel better about myself, because I go through the EXACT same problems, and I can't say anything that hasn't already been said.

Well, maybe there is one thing. Lucario dittos.

Every time I've done a Lucario ditto, I've done my comboes and stuff to get them to 90% or so, then all they do is spam aura sphere because they know they're going to lose. If I get close, they throw it without storing it, so I just reciprocate just waiting for them to get bored, because I certainly am whenever this happens.

Then, if they win, I question my Lucario skill. Then again, it's not like Lucario dittos are really equal, when one person gets a stock, it's hard to come back.
Same could be said for me with Robin dittos. I loathe main dittos entirely, but I can't do a thing about that in For Glory except decimate them with some real strategy and tactics and not just wasting my tomes all willy-nilly. Honestly, FG Robin spam Arcfire and their Levin Sword multiple times and always charge up to Thoron. They forget that Nosferatu, Thunder, Elthunder, Arcthunder, and the Bronze Sword exists. What makes it worse is that if they roll as if it's their only method of movement/spacing. I usually read them with a Smash Attack, and if it kills, I taunt to tell them straight to their face:
"THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR ROLLING LIKE A BALL"
And when I win, it makes it even more satisfying. I'm always three steps ahead of them.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Recently, I feel like the "For Glory" mode should just be renamed "Cat & Mouse". I know that there's always been players who are playing more than safe, AKA fleeing, but this is becoming ridiculous. I spend most of my time running after people. They can be good or bad, but playing against a Marth constantly doing Fair while going back, or Jigglypuff doing jumps and fleeing until you try something is definitely not fun.

Take a look at this bad battle I had. Honestly, I played really badly too (and I have lots of excuses! :awesome: haven't played for a while, haven't played WTF for a while too, trying too hard to hardread). I basically had to outspam to win.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Yeah. Sadly, sometimes the way to defeat a spammer, is to spam back. Even if that doesn't feel right, it at least stops them.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Yeah. Sadly, sometimes the way to defeat a spammer, is to spam back. Even if that doesn't feel right, it at least stops them.
I'll admit that I spam roll as much as they do, if not more, just to show how aggravating it is. It's perfect karma.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
^ HELL, even proyectiles if that makes them stop. But often than not, they leave after one match of them losing or by things that don't go their way...

"Serves them right, jerks..."

:bowser:

ChikiLucario

Smash Cadet
Same could be said for me with Robin dittos. I loathe main dittos entirely, but I can't do a thing about that in For Glory except decimate them with some real strategy and tactics and not just wasting my tomes all willy-nilly. Honestly, FG Robin spam Arcfire and their Levin Sword multiple times and always charge up to Thoron. They forget that Nosferatu, Thunder, Elthunder, Arcthunder, and the Bronze Sword exists. What makes it worse is that if they roll as if it's their only method of movement/spacing. I usually read them with a Smash Attack, and if it kills, I taunt to tell them straight to their face:
"THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR ROLLING LIKE A BALL"
And when I win, it makes it even more satisfying. I'm always three steps ahead of them.
It's a bit more difficult as Lucario though :\ since the more damage you do to them it'll make your chances of dying to a landing trap aura sphere or randomly thrown out smash attack higher, then they're one stock up and doing more damage than you. I was going to JV3 this one guy but then he came back and won just with spam.Part of it is probably just me being bad though HAH

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
I just came across a new generation of Luigi that do nothing but grab. Seriously they do nothing but grab. Did I mention they did nothing but grab?
They try to run up to you and grab, get hit with a smash attack, do the same thing, rinse a repeat.
It is so annoying and not fun to play against.

FG was especially cancerous yesterday Friday night. I guess its when the nasties have free time to be a bad sport.
Just take off the name tags, please.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I just came across a new generation of Luigi that do nothing but grab. Seriously they do nothing but grab. Did I mention they did nothing but grab?
They try to run up to you and grab, get hit with a smash attack, do the same thing, rinse a repeat.
It is so annoying and not fun to play against.

FG was especially cancerous yesterday Friday night. I guess its when the nasties have free time to be a bad sport.
Just take off the name tags, please.
Really?
I wonder, did the Luigis ever do anything besides grab?

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
That is mostly what they did. They dash attacked a few times. And areal moves after the grab are to be expected.

I know this player who picks characters and abuse their gimmicks without really understanding the character and the gameplay mechanics. FG is like a caricature of that dude.

Last edited:

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
Bruh!

You have no idea how right you are. Sometimes I feel worse having to resort to that kind of tactic. I say "worse" because you would think that all this time playing Smash, you should by now pick up the repetitive reads, and defeat your opponent who is using a very predictable strategy.

Don't get me wrong. I have defeated a small number of spammers (I don't run into them as much like I do with laggers) without the need of spamming back. But hell, I have come across a few who knew what they were doing. That's when I began to realize that nothing I do is going to work, and I eventually start to fight fire with fire.

It's why I started playing this chicka :4zelda: first in FG singles juuuuuust incase. That :GCU::GCB:, though. Or just simply using the neutral special.

Or maaaybe I should just start out my For Glory matches using Fox first. That seems better.

:troll:....tee hee....

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
With :4zelda:'s :GCU::GCB:'? Damn, you weren't kidding around. You were using the big guns.

But yeah, at times, you can't help but to give back what you were given, so there's that.

With :4fox:? Yeah, that should do the trick, alright... :troll:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It's why I started playing this chicka :4zelda: first in FG singles juuuuuust incase. That :GCU::GCB:, though. Or just simply using the neutral special.

Or maaaybe I should just start out my For Glory matches using Fox first. That seems better.

:troll:....tee hee....
:4zelda:'s Farore is so fun to punish people how are backrolling endlessly. Or spamming laggy projectiles.

:4zelda: is OP against :4zelda:

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
Holy Jesus christ. I hate versing Sonic. They all do the same exact things and it pisses me off.

Top Bottom