• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

aarchak

Smash Ace
Blazblue: Cross Tag Battle (Switch version, still suck), Super Mario Odyssey (Collecting moons in Sand Kingdom), Octopath Traveler (Stuck on Ophilia's Ch.3). Planning to get Valkyria Chronicles soon.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Persona 5

I'm starting to get a bit burned out since I'm on my third play through and haven't finished the last five trophies

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Thinking about getting a PS3 so I can play Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and Metal Gear Solid 4.

That aside, I now finished Chapter 3 of four characters on Octopath Traveler. Still gotta do Chapter 3 of the other four (Ophillia’s, Olberic’s, Primrose’s and Alfyn’s). Already clocked in around 95 hours into the game.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Trying to play through Okami HD on the Switch but I've been pretty busy so it's hard to find the time.

What I have been able to play I've enjoyed.

Sprintle

Smash Rookie
That aside, I now finished Chapter 3 of four characters on Octopath Traveler. Still gotta do Chapter 3 of the other four (Ophillia’s, Olberic’s, Primrose’s and Alfyn’s). Already clocked in around 95 hours into the game.
How is that game? I've been passively interested in JRPGs and that one peaked my interest.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Gamecube: X-Men Legends, replaying, inspired by recently seeing Days of Future Past
DS: Kirby Squeak Squad, because I haven't played a Kirby game since the original Super Star
3DS: Ocarina of Time 3D, desperately trying to find something to like about it.
Wii: Godzilla Unleashed, because I like Godzilla
Godzilla Unleashed is so underrated!
I’m playing Mario Party Advance for first time on Wii U virtual console!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
How is that game? I've been passively interested in JRPGs and that one peaked my interest.
It’s a great game really if you’re into great storytelling and turn-based JRPGs. If the game got your interest, you should try out the demo first.

Farbeitfromme

Smash Cadet
I've been playing a couple games lately. The most common is Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition on Switch. I just beat all the main story missions from the original content, and I've moved on to Wind Waker stuff. In my opinion it's really a great game, even if it isn't a mainstream Zelda title. I look forward to continuing to unlock new characters in Adventure Mode.

I've also picked up Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS after a long hiatus (although my clunker 3DS needs an upgrade soon). I just downloaded all the dlc (which I was pleasantly surprised was still available after all this time). Some of it looks really hard, but the free exp really helps. I went through and got all the 2nd generation characters, which I neglected to do the first time around. It's fun, but as with many games, endgame stuff isn't quite as exciting as going through the actual story mode.

Speaking of Fire Emblem, I just received Fates: Birthright in the mail. It'll be the first time I played it, so I'm hoping it'll be a good experience. If I like it, I'll definitely go on to the other two storylines.

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
I'm doing a Pokemon Leaf Green Nuzlocke right now. No one died yet but I'm only at Brock so there is plenty of time left.

Pacman High Tier

Smash Cadet
NNID
judetheloon
Switch FC
SW-4116-2252-3537
Replaying Mother 3. Whenever I played I always stopped at one point so hopefully this time I can follow through. I'm playin it on a GBA emulator for apple iPads and it feels great. As for Switch, I bought and am playing Breath of the Wild. Had it on wii u but it lagged a lot. It's more playable now - amazing game.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Been mostly playing Trails to Zero to catch up with stuff i've missed in the non localized Kiseki/Legend of Heroes games before Trails of Cold Steel 4 comes out in Japan.

Thankfully someone made a transcript of the still not localized 3 too, so I can play it finally too.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'm playing through the Fire Emblem series. Here's my play order:
1. FE11
2. FE7
3. FE6
4. FE8
5. FE4
6. FE5
7. FE9
8. FE10
9. FE2/15
10. FE14

The only games that aren't on this list are FE12 and FE13, both of which I've already completed. I honestly don't know what to do for FE15 and FE14 since they're 3DS games, and Nintendo nuked almost every single copy of their games in existence. I'll probably play Gaiden (FE2), but as for Fates, even if it's as terrible as everyone says, I'll have to find some other way to play it. Hopefully Nintendo has a change of heart and switches their stance on game preservation.

Sprintle

Smash Rookie
I'm playing through the Fire Emblem series. Here's my play order:
1. FE11
2. FE7
3. FE6
4. FE8
5. FE4
6. FE5
7. FE9
8. FE10
9. FE2/15
10. FE14

The only games that aren't on this list are FE12 and FE13, both of which I've already completed. I honestly don't know what to do for FE15 and FE14 since they're 3DS games, and Nintendo nuked almost every single copy of their games in existence. I'll probably play Gaiden (FE2), but as for Fates, even if it's as terrible as everyone says, I'll have to find some other way to play it. Hopefully Nintendo has a change of heart and switches their stance on game preservation.
I'm curious why you're not playing it in release order. Is it a chronological thing?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'm curious why you're not playing it in release order. Is it a chronological thing?
Nah, they're just ordered in how interested I am in playing them, but I do try to keep it chronological for games like FE11/12, FE7/6, FE4/5, and FE9/10.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wii: Decided to do another Skyward Sword playthrough. It’s been about six years since I last played it.

Switch: Still playing through Octopath Traveler. About to finish Tressa’s story and then after that, I’ll have three more stories to finish.

D

Deleted member

I'm just messing around with Blazblue Cross Tag Battle. Pretty fun game, but I'm not sure what the next big game I'll invest time in yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
I recently finished playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D for the Nintendo 3DS. Ocarina of Time is still my favorite videogame. That may change soon though.

I never played Majora's Mask on the N64 and some Zelda fans claim it's better than Ocarina of Time. Just recently, I finally bought Majora's Mask 3D on the 3DS. Started playing it last week and it's impressed me so far. Link losing the Ocarina of Time and being turned into a Deku Scrub was already dire enough, but then you find out that THE WORLD IS GONNA END! Just when it seems like there's no way to stop the moon from crashing down, Link gets the Ocarina back and REWINDS TIME TO THREE DAYS AGO! The Time Travel mechanic and the Mask powers are really cool and really sets Majora's Mask apart from Ocarina of Time. I haven't beat the game yet, but I can see why some Zelda fans prefer Majora's Mask to Ocarina of Time.

Will Majora's Mask be my new favorite videogame? Only Time will tell.

Desu_Maiden

Smash Cadet
Metal Slug Anthology for the PS Vita (it is actually a psp game that I downloaded legally from PSN onto my PS Vita). And I'm mainly playing Metal Slug 3, on MSA.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f (for the ps3), Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f 2nd (for the ps3 and ps vita) and Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (for the PS Vita). And lastly, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Mirai for the 3DS.

God of War 3 (for the ps3), God of War Collection for the PS3/PS Vita (it is a collection of the first and second GOW games).

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (for the PS Vita), Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit (for PS Vita) and Senran Kagura : Shinovi Versus (For PS Vita)

Gravity Rush(for PS Vita)

Minecraft (For PS Vita and PS3. I never played the PC version of the game, though).

Super Smash Bros for the 3DS (I don't own a Wii U, so I never played the Wii U version).

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and LOZ: Majora's Mask 3D

And I've also been playing a few other games, I can't recall off the top of my head.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Well I beat DS1 Remastered. Overall I'd say the game was easier than DS3 once I figured out how good long reaching thrust weapons like halberds and spears are, even more so with a great shield. DS1 is like having someone give you a wheelbarrow full of rocks and say "some of these a geodes, figure it out". It has great level design, very fun worlds and enemies to fight, great weapon variety on one hand. But on the other there's a lot of unnecessary backtracking due to extremely limited warping and specialized blacksmiths, illusionary walls force you to roll against every wall and many have no indication of hiding a secret, weapon clanking makes some weapons like great swords terrible choices in most areas, wonky hitboxes, it's unclear where you can walk at times and generally the system is extremely rigid with lots of kinks to iron out. It's a great game if you're willing to wade through a lot of bull**** to find it.
8.5/10.

Now I can go back and finish Yoshi's Wooly World, Horizon Zero Dawn DLC Frozen Wilds or Skyrim, finally. I might play Monster Hunter World if arch tempered Kushala Doara or a new monster is released.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Currently playing through Kingdom Hearts 1 after getting both PS3 collections and Dream Drop Distance.

I'm on the final boss Ansem (or Xehanort or whatever his name actually is), and I feel like I'm going to have to grind for more levels or items. I died on the third phase of the fight (fighting him on the beach ---> Darkside ---> fighting him solo), and looking up the fight on Youtube, it looks like there are SIX different phases, with three of them being solo Sora fights.

The points where Sora fights on his own have tended to be my least favourite so far (the final Riku fight was a pain, and I held off on the solo Coliseum fights since I wanted to get further in the story and level up, only to find that the difficulty gets a massive increase beyond a certain point, making some of the challenges downright impossible to complete), so I am not looking forward to this.

I'll have to change around Sora's abilities; I gave him something that allows him to survive with one HP (at the cost of guarding, which I never use), and the video I watched had him using an ability where he throws his keyblade (Strike Raid, I think?), so I'll have to equip that if I haven't already.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
When I get home from work in a bit, I'll be getting into Spider-Man for PS4, which'll hopefully stave off the Smash Bros. cravings till the game comes out in December!

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Currently playing through Kingdom Hearts 1 after getting both PS3 collections and Dream Drop Distance.

I'm on the final boss Ansem (or Xehanort or whatever his name actually is), and I feel like I'm going to have to grind for more levels or items. I died on the third phase of the fight (fighting him on the beach ---> Darkside ---> fighting him solo), and looking up the fight on Youtube, it looks like there are SIX different phases, with three of them being solo Sora fights.

The points where Sora fights on his own have tended to be my least favourite so far (the final Riku fight was a pain, and I held off on the solo Coliseum fights since I wanted to get further in the story and level up, only to find that the difficulty gets a massive increase beyond a certain point, making some of the challenges downright impossible to complete), so I am not looking forward to this.

I'll have to change around Sora's abilities; I gave him something that allows him to survive with one HP (at the cost of guarding, which I never use), and the video I watched had him using an ability where he throws his keyblade (Strike Raid, I think?), so I'll have to equip that if I haven't already.
I remember that being the hardest phase of the fight. What difficulty are you playing on?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I remember that being the hardest phase of the fight. What difficulty are you playing on?
Normal (or Final Mix - I can't remember the specific name of it). I beat him, though I had to give up on beating the game without using continues.

I got to the sixth stage and died; selecting "Load Game" would mean that I'd have to restart the entire fight from the beginning, and it wasn't worth the time and frustration. (annoyingly, he was beaten extremely easy after I selected continue - I died from not having a lot of MP left and him using an attack that shoots out a ton of homing lasers that shredded through my health)

Rizen

Smash Legend
I might play Monster Hunter World if arch tempered Kushala Doara
This happened. I've soloed Kushala 3 times now. Need 7 total for the armor set and layered armor. Kushala's armor is really good with handicraft and evasion boosting skills; the AT version has better defense and slots. The normal Kushala set is my base armor for non-blocking weapons.

RedDragon64

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8521-4195-4716
Playing Chrono trigger For the first time
BEST CHOICE EVER
My fav member is frog (I NAMED HIM RIBI)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Normal (or Final Mix - I can't remember the specific name of it). I beat him, though I had to give up on beating the game without using continues.

I got to the sixth stage and died; selecting "Load Game" would mean that I'd have to restart the entire fight from the beginning, and it wasn't worth the time and frustration. (annoyingly, he was beaten extremely easy after I selected continue - I died from not having a lot of MP left and him using an attack that shoots out a ton of homing lasers that shredded through my health)
The game doesn't save after the final boss so you can fight him again to still get the trophy.

Sprintle

Smash Rookie
Been playing the new Spiderman game and I'm having a blast. Spiderman is my favorite Marvel superhero and I haven't played a Spiderman game since 2 on the Gamecube. It's really gratifying to just web sling around the city and pick up collectibles.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
Street Fighter V Arcade Edition
Completed Persona 5 and Kirby Star Allies
Playing Super Smash Bros 4 to get ready for Ultimate

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I’m playing through Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain on the PS4. Going back and forth between the story missions and side ops.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm alternating between Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate and Octopath Traveler, the latter of which I'm getting fairly close to finishing. Both are amazing.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Just finished Mario 64, may go for 100% not sure.

Been hopping around Majora's Mask, Resident Evil 4 and Pikmin.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Been going through Super Mario RPG lately due to Smash-related excitement, and occasionally playing some classic Doom on the side; more recently I played a bit of Final Doom and of course Thursday Night Survival which is hosted on ZDaemon servers, and we played a mapset that had at least one level of mine which was cool.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Playing through Xenoblade 2 Torna - The Golden Country. Really enjoying it so far.

I also have Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, which I plan to start on it later.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I played Yoshi's Wooly World a bit. It's a cute game and under that facade, a surprisingly challenging precision platformer. I'm not into platformers and moved back to Horizon Zero Dawn DLC.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Going to attempt to finish Pokemon Moon since I stopped after Po Town. The story wasn't grabbing me, and too many of the new pokemon had shared types so it was too hard to make a good team. But I just renewed my long expired poke-bank account to transport my living dex from gen 6 over, so now I can just have my pick of the litter... only problem is now there's almost no room for my good pokemon.

Also juggling Smash Bros. Brawl ( been marathoning all the smash games cuz of hype ), Final Fantasy 6 ( which I haven't played in over a week ) and might start up Golden Sun since I've never played it before and I want to see what the fuss about Isaac is.

I just got finished with Star Fox Adventures, which I haven't played since it launched. I was expecting not to enjoy it but actually I had a great time with it... mostly. There were a few questionable design choices.

Top Bottom