• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

Ethan Chappel

Smash Rookie
NNID
EthanC48
Other than practicing in Smash 4 every once in a while until school starts again, I will usually make a level in Super Mario Maker or just play good ol' Pac-Man on my phone. However, I have been really wanting to finish Super Mario 3D World for the past three years but never made the time for it. :ohwell:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Now that I finished Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (I'll play the second game another time), I'm gonna try to finish Final Fantasy VII this time around, which I should've done by now but other games keeps getting in the way.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Right now, I'm playing the Tails game of Sonic 3 and Knuckles. I already did Sonic and Knuckles' games, and now Tails is the only one left. I'm currently on Mushroom Hill Zone and have 2 of the 7 Super Emeralds. I can't wait to become Super Tails and have the FLICKY ARMY OF DEATH!!!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I started playing Pac Man and Ms. Pac Man on my phone during my lunch break to keep me busy until I go back to work.

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
I'm doing all the village quests I didn't complete in Monster Hunter Cross/Generations

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
Now that I've gotten my hands on some emulators, I've started to play through Pokémon Fire Red and Ruby.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Batman: Arkham Origins. I was gonna wait until the holidays to play the game but Steam was selling it for $5 as part of their "Weekend Deal" discount that I couldn't just sit here and let the opportunity slip by so I took advantage of it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just played through episode one of Batman: A Telltale Series. It was a pretty solid game, and surprisingly brutal at times (though I can't really give a review until the season's complete), but I feel like the fact that it's a Batman licensed game (as opposed to the Walking Dead, where they make up their own characters and story) means that they have less freedom, and the choices won't have as much impact. (whether you give information to Gordon or Vicky Vale is one of the big choices, for example, but the end results seem the same)

Maybe the choices will make more of a difference in the long run (improving or weakening Batman's relationship with the police, or how he is portrayed in the media), but it's refreshing to have more of a street level look at Batman's crime fighting, where he's dealing with mobsters instead of supervillains (though between Harvey Dent and Oswald Cobblepot, I'm sure we'll have plenty of those coming up, and no matter what choices you make, they'll blame Batman and/or Bruce Wayne for their actions). It's off to a good start, and I'm definitely excited to see where they go with this.

Think I might start Mad Max soon.

Last edited:

TheBSKR

Smash Rookie
I just finished Fire emblem: Thracia 776 and well, it was by far the hardest Fire emblem game I played thus far, and aside from that playing Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike alongside practice for melee.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Playing through Mutant Mudds Super Challenge and trying to 100% GTA V.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
A friend of mine bought me Starbound, and I have to say, I'm hooked. Unfortunately, I found out there was an /admin command, so that makes the motivation of playing the game normally disappear. It's still a pretty nice game though, and although I've yet to try out multiplayer yet, I can tell it'll be really fun.

Since I'm taking a bit of a break from smash itself, I'm currently playing Mario Kart Double dash on an emulator. Holy crap that game was fun. Also getting nostalgic about it, as I played it when I was a really young kid at my cousins house. I also want to finish Majoras mask 3D, I'm about halfway through. Oh yeah. And overwatch. I play it on console, but since I'm on vacation, I can't play it. I suppose I should just enjoy my vacation instead though haha.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Picking up where I left off with Batman: Arkham City, I'm currently aiming to complete all side missions and get every collectible in the game (yes, Riddler, I'm cheating :denzel:). Also played through half of "Harley Quinn's Revenge", which I'm hoping to finish this weekend.

D

Deleted member

At the moment I am playing a lot of things, but mainly I have been playing Watch Dogs.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Been jumping back into Castlevania games. Shame that the PSN doesn't have the other PS2 Castlevania. I really would like to play it.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'm currently playing Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~ or in other words, Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~, or just FE12 for short. I'm only a couple of chapters in, but I'm already preferring this to Awakening.

FaceOfDays

Smash Rookie
Right now, I'm going through a Pokemon Emerald nuzlocke, grinding into overtime to ease my nerves before Norman's Gym. Seriously, Slaking is terrifying.

Other than that, I'm trying to find some good addons for Garry's Mod.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I'm approaching Joke's End in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. Who know that taking turn-based RPG mechanics and blending them with Mario design choices like item blocks and such would work out so well?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I realized that, while I've played a good amount of Zelda games, I've barely beaten any of them. (only a Link to the Past and Majora's Mask) I'm going to try to beat Zelda 1 and Ocarina of Time through the collector's edition. (Zelda 2 is also an option, but from what I've tried of that game previously, it just wasn't fun)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
On my Wii U, I went back to playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and started on the second game, or "Season Two" as stated on the save file, while keeping all the **** I've learned and items kept from my first playthrough. I also started replaying Twilight Princess HD on normal mode.

On my PS4, since Final Fantasy XV has been delayed until after Thanksgiving, I restarted playing Final Fantasy VII using everything I've learned from my first playthrough. If I'm satisfied with the outcome of my current playthrough, then I'll overwrite my old one. I also need to finish Metal Gear Solid V at some point as well.

On my Vita, I started playing Metal Gear Solid 3 through the HD Collection. Plays a lot better than the 3DS port of the game, at least I think, although the controls feels uncomfortable to me.

As you can see, I got my hands full here.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Aside from Smash 4 which is almost all the time, I just finished Mega Man X4 for a 2nd time today (beaten it multiple times in the past as X and Zero) with both times playing as Zero because he is a lot of fun to play as and is so good in that game. I plan on playing X4 tomorrow as X next time instead of Zero. I'm also currently on a Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time hiatus, but I plan on getting back to playing it within the next few days. I love that N64 charm it has.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Beat Zelda 1, which has aged really well, though the later dungeons can be frustrating since they're basically exercises in trial and error, and I'm really looking forward to Breath of the Wild now.

Now I'm playing through Eternal Darkness. I think I'm nearing the end, since I have most of the spells in the game. Even though I generally dislike survival horror games, I'm really liking this one, and the sanity effects are very interesting.

Last edited:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Since I keep my original Wii hooked up for Project M, I decided to start playing the Virtual Console version of Samurai Shodown II. It's really a blast and has some awesome music. Can't believe I never played it before.

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
Since I've fallen into the Fire Emblem dumpster I'm playing two games right now: Path of Radiance and FE F: Birthright. Birthright...just...hurts. I love Nohr so joining Hoshido and then having, well, everything that happens in that game happen, just wrecked me. Path of Radiance is really good, the only thing that threw me off was the interface, since I'm more used to how things work in Awakening/Fates.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
I swear. Zero for the most part is broken in Mega Man X5 once you at least beat Grizzly Slash/Crescent Grizzly (Japanese name). His upgraded normal aerial move that looks like a crescent comes out extremely fast, has so much range, does so much damage, completely spammable, and makes the 8 maverick bosses a total joke. The only time I'd ever prefer X over Zero is when I need to get a heart tank, armor upgrade, stage maneuverability for areas that have large pits, Shadow Devil, and Sigma's first form. Not only that, but he can do cool stuff like double jumping, an invincible air dash against enemies/projectiles/attacks that aren't strong, and a shoryuken-esque move after beating certain bosses; pretty similar to Zero's entire moveset in X4, but better.

Don't plan on playing Mega Man X6 anytime soon as that game is in no way shape or form fun. The only thing I really like about X6 is the soundtrack and that's really it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Replaying HeartGold. Wanted to replay Gold but I need to replace the battery in it.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Since I've fallen into the Fire Emblem dumpster I'm playing two games right now: Path of Radiance and FE F: Birthright. Birthright...just...hurts. I love Nohr so joining Hoshido and then having, well, everything that happens in that game happen, just wrecked me. Path of Radiance is really good, the only thing that threw me off was the interface, since I'm more used to how things work in Awakening/Fates.
Path of Radiance? I'd say you're in for a really good treat.

Anyways, Fire Emblem Fates Relevations. Going to experiment every character's viability by firstly going through castles to inherit Aptitude for vitality boosts (Hoshidan characters are so frail).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just picked up One Piece Unlimited World Red again. I'm a big One Piece fan, but I set it aside for a while because the Marineford level was really frustrating. Akainu was still a pain in the butt, especially since (unlike every other fight) you only have one character that you can control instead of three, but I managed to beat it in two tries.

Think I'm on the final level of the story mode, so I'm definitely going to finish it.

Last edited:

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
I'm playing Pokémon Leaf Green right now. Almost done, just need to get one more badge.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Got GTA IV to work on Steam again due to GFWL, so I've been replaying through it.

Last edited:

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
Fire Emblem Birthright. It's a bit trippy not having tomes and staves but hey it's pretty decent. Looking forward to Conquest

Top Bottom