• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Geneforge. A really old PC game which I only happened to try (and love) when I was quite young. I finally got my hands on the game, and love the RPG with its unique setting , interesting lore, and combat. Took a break in between since the hardest difficulty was quite brutal but now I can finally see the ending!

Also a bit of Monster Hunter on the side.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I started replaying Zelda: A Link to the Past and The Wind Waker HD. What a way for me to celebrate the series' 30th anniversary by playing some old classics.

DoomCake196

Smash Apprentice
I'm playing a lot of the original black ops and mw1 and 2. Just found em and remembered how fun they are. Also I'm playing street fighter. Obsessively.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Jagged Alliance 2 and Third Strike. I'm addicted to both lately, and have been trying out Third Strike on Fightcade.

I don't think I ever got my ass handed to me that hard in a game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I got Tomb Raider: Legend and Beyond Good and Evil, both for the Gamecube, recently. It's my first time playing BG&E or the Tomb Raider series, so I'm going back and forth between those and Devil May Cry 4.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I finally got to play Smash Bros. Melee for the first time. I'm having a blast with it.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I'm playing through Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Great game.

Figured I should start chipping away at my backlog. It shouldn't take me too long since nearly every one of the games in my backlog is either halfway done or nearly complete.

Doctor Wario

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4313-0727-2141
Just got Kirby: Planet Robobot today in the mail.

Last edited:

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
I'm currently trying to beat Lingering Will on critical mode in Kingdom Hearts 2.5.

EDIT: OOOOOH YYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSS I FINALLY BEAT HIM!!

Last edited:

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
recently decided to give the Zelda series a try since some were on sale on eshop for the E3 sale (if you wanna call it that), and i decided to get wind waker because i really like the art style and i was just drawn to it, so I've been adventuring in wind waker for my first Zelda experience ( and its pretty damm good )... I also got paper mario for WiiU virtual console so its a side game at the moment

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I started playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on the PS4 via The Nathan Drake Collection, which came bundled with the console when I bought it. Seeing the commercial trailer for Uncharted 4 has influenced me to give the series a try. I do like some good action adventure and treasure hunting.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I went back to playing Final Fantasy VII again after like a month and a half of not playing it.

Kaprica

Smash Rookie
Trying to finish The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword after not playing it for a few months.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Don't have high expectations for it but the game is surprisingly good so far.

And I really wish I had my laptop back from repair so I can continue playing Batman: Arkham City. Process is taking forever. :ohwell:

Last edited:

TK8305

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TK8305
Games Currently Playing:

Smash Wii U & Legend of Link - Ganon's Curse (Zelda Classic)

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Currently going through the Monster Hunter Generations demo right now and I'm enjoying it. I like the new hunter arts and the two new monsters (the third is Nargacuga, to my disappointment) are fun to fight.

The full game comes out in 15 days and I'm excited.

DeKoibs☆

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1006-1131-4463
I'm playing Kirby Planet Robobot, I recently 100% the game, and right now I'm trying to beat the True arena without the use of Amiibo. I also was able to find my other old Kirby games, Kirby Squeak Squad and Kirby Super Star Ultra. I'm still trying to find that one chest I missed in the Great Cave Offensive, and still trying to beat the Helper to Hero arena with all Helpers. But I've also been playing some Doom 2016, only the demo though...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I am currently abusing the heck out of the Wii U virtual console's save-state system to try and beat Final Fight. I didn't think to do it at first, but when I found out that people who are veterans of the genre find the game ludicrously difficult, I figured there was no shame in it.

Plus, even with that, the game is still insanely hard - the final boss just isn't fair. Apparently, Cody has a series of moves that loops endlessly, but that would require me to play as someone other than Mike Haggar, which seems like the wrong way to play the game.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm playing Super Mario Sunshine now. I've waited more than 12 years to play this game.

UpgradeX

Smash Cadet
Dragon Dogma. Enjoying it so far but only at lvl 17 and climbing monsters is fun

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Been a long time since I've played Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. I really want to finish this one.

P.S. I'm doing this for Kojima.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Got a bunch of games during the Summer Sale so I'll be playing through those.

Currently playing: GTA V, Half-Life 2, Shovel Knight, and Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure. I've also been playing a lot of SFV recently.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just upgraded my PC (went with a desktop for the first time, since I find that laptops don't last very long and (in my experience, anyway) can't be upgraded easily), so I'm looking forward to playing Overwatch and the 2016 version of Doom for the first time!

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
star ocean 5 bravely second and soon tokyo mirage as well as training for smashcon gonna have to try omega quintet since i grabbed it on sale

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I actually bought Demon's Souls when it first came out on PS3, it was exclusive and it was right up my alley (since I love hard games, gothic atmospheres and medieval fantasy)....but I literally played only 1 hour of it and put it away never to be touched again for ~7 years.

It was a combination of things, at the time I pretty much had stopped playing VGs altogether because of the girlfriend I had at the time and some motivation to put my time into more productive and lucrative endeavors. Also it didn't help that the first hour of Demon's Souls had 3 extremely unfair and cheap OHKOs that I was not a fan of *controllers hits wall*.

Anyways long story long, I finally have fully played and beaten it recently. Actually got addicted to it and binged it, getting platinum in just 2 weeks. It's a great game but man it has some serious flaws, both from a design aspect and controls aspect. People still seem to be quite brainwashed about the game, maybe they were just so used to playing crappy games that they think the souls series is perfection (blind to it's flaws). The game has a terrible lock on system that can cause you to easily suicide, there are traps that are insta-kill and they are un-reactable, the world tendency system and upgrading system is really broken and unbalanced, the environments are poorly programmed to the point where you never feels as if you are in full control of your character.

There are 2 bosses that are spectacular, like Shadow of the Colossus spectacular. The rest are way too easy, the mobs and general enemies are the most fun and figuring out their AI and attack patterns reminds me of Mega Man or Castlevania. Magic and Bows are way OP and uninteresting, unfair enemy stats (infinite stamina and MP), everyone's immune to poison and bleeding effects (so what's the point?), pathing and obstruction of enemies and the environment is always a problem that detracts from the gameplay.

I'd still recommend it to anyone with patience and love for this time period of fantasy action. The ideal way to play it is to have 2 save files; have one be the dummy test character that plays through a level first and dies 20 times to BS and unknown enemies, then have a second that is the real character that you can try and make it through without dying, parrying and backstabbing everyone like a boss, and now you know about unfair BS and traps/hazards.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I downloaded Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars from the eShop today. I'm really liking it so far.

Still playing through Mario Sunshine, Metal Gear Solid V and Tokyo Mirage Sessions though.

Colourless Light

Delusions of Merit
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
I am an ADDICT of this type of game.

Sure it is rather dark, story and game mechanics wise.
Japan seems to have a control over that kind of unsettlingness however.
I would easily urge anyone who likes, detective/murder mystery games to give it a whirl.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just beat the Cyberdemon in Doom (2016). Even on normal difficulty (Hurt Me More), it was tough, but never overly frustrating.

The game continues to be really fun for me even though I haven't played many first person shooters before, and I love how you can get an upgrade to making finding collectibles easier, though many of them still require thought and exploration as some parts of the map aren't visible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom