• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

finalark

SNORLAX
Excellent, the elaboration helps a ton. I'll definitely be going through those... uh... probably sometime after whatever comes after 9. Also, any reason that FF3 is absent?
Because there's only one international version of III, it's available on DS, iOS and PC but it's the same exact game each time.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Bad. Really, really bad. Like, do yourself a favor and hunt down the GBA versions of the games because they're worth the few extra dollars bad.

EDIT: Actually, let me elaborate a bit.

FF1: The best version of the game is the PSP version, since it has the most content in addition to the updated mechanics of the GBA version. The PS1 version has updated graphics, but retains the very dated mechanics of the NES version.
FF2: I'd actually suggest skipping this game, since it just flat out hasn't aged well. The PSP version is again, technically the best version for reasons listed above but if you just want to faceroll the game the PS1 version has some crazy power leveling glitches you can exploit.
FF4: The DS version is the best version, since you get updated graphics, mechanics and voice acting. Although it does retain the grindiness of the SNES version, as does the PS1 port. If you want the game with minimal grind I suggest checking out the GBA version.
FF5: The GBA version wins hands-down. The PS1 port suffers from a translation that swings between bland and horribly hilarious. Not to mention the GBA version comes with updated graphics, new content and a hilarious script.
FF6: Both the GBA version and the PS1 version are pretty solid, although the GBA version is better with its additional content. Plus the PS1 version has some pretty bad load times if I recall. However, the GBA version made a number of controversial changes to the script, so if you're attached to the original keep that in mind.
What about the Android and iOS versions? They are apparently there for all Final Fantasies from 1 to 6!

I would be playing P3P, but alas, I have no PSP to play it on. Which is also why my Persona binge will be ending at P2:EP. Thankfully, there's a ton of other SMT games for me to play.

Anyway, P3 has been pretty awesome so far. Not as good as 4 IMO. I really don't understand why they decided that having full control over your party was a bad thing. The game's difficulty would be cut in half if you could.
How are the P3 games in comparison to SMT: DeSu Overclocked? That has been my favourite SMT game so far so would like to know how they compare before I dive into the games called as Persona. Or more accurately, add them to my backlog.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
We don't talk about those.
Why? Are they that bad?

I tried Final Fantasy 4 on Android and well I was missing a screen as I had played the DS version, plus the intro movie was gone! Didn't try going into it much since I had more games to play. I have heard that some of the Android ports are really bad but some are good, so.....

Although TWEWY solo remix was good but then again I missed the 2nd screen controls and preferred them over the cross-combo controls I got in the Remix.

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
Fire Emblem Awakening for the third time lol. Probably gonna play Super Mario Galaxy after that currently on Chapter 19.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
MGS1 and Dragon's Crown.

New Phoenix Wright x Professor Layton comes out today, I think, so I'll probably pick that up at some point as well.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Finally giving myself some time to 100% complete Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze! Afterwards, I believe I will replay A Link Between Worlds on Hero mode as well, since I have been putting it off. . . That will occupy the time I have for gaming until Hyrule Warriors later this month, and then SSB3DS early next month.

P.S. Awesome choices @ TryHardOliver TryHardOliver and @ SpaceJell0 SpaceJell0 !

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
Finally giving myself some time to 100% complete Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze! Afterwards, I believe I will replay A Link Between Worlds on Hero mode as well, since I have been putting it off. . . That will occupy the time I have for gaming until Hyrule Warriors later this month, and then SSB3DS early next month.

P.S. Awesome choices @ TryHardOliver TryHardOliver and @ SpaceJell0 SpaceJell0 !
Thanks mate :) I'm also stoked for Hyrule Warriors! :p
A link between worlds is one of my fave 3DS games!

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999

Thanks! Tropical Freeze is a doozy xD especially near the end. Hero Mode is tough also, good luck!

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Well, after a long year of being off and on this game (due to the insanely long levels) I finally beat the Wonderful 101! I kept cracking up at the end of the game (Spoilers follow of the ending)

So yeah, I was cracking up at that button mashing part. I didn't see it coming and then it was so hard! I died seeing all of them doing the mashing! And then, that name! My goodness! Too funny!
And then, the epilgue was great! I love how it was kinda a redo of the beginning of game, yet it had so much more meaning due to now kowing the characters more. I was so happy about this game!
Definitely a fun game! I would reccomend it if you have not played it yet! Any other 101 players out there?

Narigo1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-2763-4068
Paper Mario and Destiny when it comes out next week

Booster

Smash Lord
Ran out of money and Wii U games to play, so I went back to Xbox360 to play Dishonored on a Stealth Playthrough, as opposed to my previous play through where I slaughtered everything except Griffin the Shopkeeper and Granny Rags.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I got worse at TF2 somehow(probably lack of practice), so I'm playing it in my free time. Working on my second Tour in MvM, also.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Been playing Azure Striker Gunvolt since it came out last week. It's soooo much fun getting S+s. It's just like Megaman Zero, but it's much more fluid since you can move and attack freely. Infinite air dashes and double jumps help too. I'm at 30 hours now with 5 Ss, so it'll last me awhile.

Well, after a long year of being off and on this game (due to the insanely long levels) I finally beat the Wonderful 101! I kept cracking up at the end of the game (Spoilers follow of the ending)

So yeah, I was cracking up at that button mashing part. I didn't see it coming and then it was so hard! I died seeing all of them doing the mashing! And then, that name! My goodness! Too funny!
And then, the epilgue was great! I love how it was kinda a redo of the beginning of game, yet it had so much more meaning due to now kowing the characters more. I was so happy about this game!
Definitely a fun game! I would reccomend it if you have not played it yet! Any other 101 players out there?
Yeah, I love me some 101! I've done about 5 full playthroughs now. Still no pure platinums, though.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
A friend of mine insisted I play Danganronpa, so she let me borrow it and I just finished the third case out of six or seven, I believe. Being a fan of the Phoenix Wright series, I'm really enjoying this so far and some of the music is pretty great. The trials are done in a unique way and although I feel they're a little easier when compared to Phoenix Wright, it doesn't make them any less fun.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I have been playing Mario Kart 8 pretty much whenever I have the free time, usually playing on the VR online mode. I don't remember my hours, but I know I'm at around 5000+ VR.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
And I am now continuing my playthrough of Crisis Core on hard. Must finish all missions!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
And I am now continuing my playthrough of Crisis Core on hard. Must finish all missions!
Ugh, I still can't believe when I first played it, I started on hard mode. Battles were so hard because of it, especially bosses with enemies that would spawn.
A friend of mine insisted I play Danganronpa, so she let me borrow it and I just finished the third case out of six or seven, I believe. Being a fan of the Phoenix Wright series, I'm really enjoying this so far and some of the music is pretty great. The trials are done in a unique way and although I feel they're a little easier when compared to Phoenix Wright, it doesn't make them any less fun.
It's a great game. I did find the trials pretty easy to figure out, but it was pretty cool being able to figure everything out before the trial with all the clues given. The sequel's mysteries are tougher and left me scratching my head a lot.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Ugh, I still can't believe when I first played it, I started on hard mode. Battles were so hard because of it, especially bosses with enemies that would spawn.
This is my first playthrough. I have a bad habit of starting any game that I play for the first time on the hardest difficulty available. So yea, it is tough but not regretting it. Especially since I have Hell Thundaga now as well as tons of cool materia. Just need to get that item which breaks your hp limit past 9999. As well as the 2nd item that breaks your damage limit past 9999. These missions really power you up for the storyline, much more than necessary actually.

I love those missions with 100 - 1000 soldiers. Beating 'em all is so satisfactory! It is just that Zack is becoming so overpowered,
the ending will seem really weird.

It's a great game. I did find the trials pretty easy to figure out, but it was pretty cool being able to figure everything out before the trial with all the clues given. The sequel's mysteries are tougher and left me scratching my head a lot.
I don't have a PS Vita so I can't really experience the 2 games on it. I think I will play have to play the first english patched game on PSP instead.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Training in Skullgirls(Look to the left and you'll see my main), Team Fortress 2, Mario Kart 8, planning on getting Super Mario 3D World during the Smash Bros. sale, Super Monday Night Combat, Battleblock Theater, Warframe, Watch_Dogs, and MapleStory.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Beat The Last Of Us: Remastered. Absolutely phenomenal.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I recently started playing Final Fantasy IX. Currently at the Grotto, forgot its full name.
Surprisingly enjoying it so far. Only other FF I finished was 6, and came really close to finishing 13 -gets booed by everyone-

I also started Metroid Prime, that's pretty fun. The GC version is definitely better than the Wii, the game really just doesn't feel the same with motion controls as compared to the Gamecube controller.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I recently started playing Final Fantasy IX. Currently at the Grotto, forgot its full name.
Surprisingly enjoying it so far. Only other FF I finished was 6, and came really close to finishing 13 -gets booed by everyone-

I also started Metroid Prime, that's pretty fun. The GC version is definitely better than the Wii, the game really just doesn't feel the same with motion controls as compared to the Gamecube controller.
FF9's great. That and 6 are pretty well loved. As much as I disliked 13, it wasn't a bad game though. It just wasn't a great FF to me.

SuperQuinntendo

Wielder of the Monado
NNID
SuperQuinntendo
3DS FC
5026-4545-9356
Currently playing Fire Emblem Awakening. I started it awhile ago and got distracted by other games. I really love it! Though it's not the best in the series IMO.

This weekend at the earliest I will be starting Xenoblade Chronicles!

Twewy

Smash Lord
Smash Bros for 3DS demo. Villager is gr8/8 would mak8 my main m8.

andsushi

Smash Rookie
Not playing it myself, but my roommate's been playing Destiny for 8 hours straight.

Top Bottom