• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

geo1088

Smash Rookie
Aside from trying to get all the characters in Brawl, I'm also trying to 100% Kirby Triple Deluxe and finally play Pokemon Black 2. I also like Minecraft so yeah. I play a lot more stuff than I think sometimes!

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Darksiders, PSO2 (though currently down atm), Kirby Triple Deluxe, LoL, Watch Dogs, and Mariokart 8 are what I'm currently playing

Twewy

Smash Lord
Trying to finish Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. The final boss is pretty BS with that "As soon as you respawn I'm punching you off the god damned ledge" move.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
For lolz I erased my data on Pokémon Black(which I ran on an Action Replay anyway), Pokébanked level 1 legendaries, fitted them with OP movesets, and am currently tackling the game with them.

i'm a jerk

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Anyone playing Shovel Knight ATM? Such a brilliant platformer that doesn't BS you about its retro direction. It's like Mega Man and Castlevania had a baby (though it manages to do it's own thing!) Definitely warms me up to indies.

Other than that, I'm playing Mario Kart 8 to score all triple stars on 150cc (then Mirror) grand prixs and Animal Crossing: New Leaf because I love taking care of my town. Should be purchasing Kirby: Triple Deluxe within the week.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Replaying Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne. All this RTS goodness...

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Just got 100% on Ground Zeroes...again. Oh I love 60fps goodness.

Other titles I'm playing include Strider(PS4), Xenoblade Chronicles, and New Leaf.
Enjoy your time with Xenoblade Chronicles, yo! One of my favorites. ;w;

Currently, I've been making a run through Super Metroid, just because. After that, I'm going to purchase Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (which I strongly recommend any Wii U owner to do!), and am considering on finally raising my Gen. 6 Pokémon team(s), since I've kept putting it off. I really need to invest into Shovel Knight, too.

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
New Games: Shovel Knight, Strider and Doki Doki Universe.

Other: Mario Kart 8, League of Legends, Final Fantasy XIV and Tomodachi Life.

And thus why I'm not playing Super Smash Bros Brawl to keep my lacking competitive edge :(

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
After nearly a week of level grinding, I finally managed to beat...err...Jade Face battle 2 in Xenoblade. I was extremely close to quitting like I did Xenosaga at how much effort it took, but I guess I got a boost due to #MonadoMonday.

Aside from that, I'm also playing Rhythm Heaven Fever and occasionally Tomodachi Life.

Booster

Smash Lord
I beat Blue Dragon...that ****ing ending was SO not worth it, plus you don't even get an Achievement for beating the game, this makes it the second worst ending I've ever seen in a game because NO Achievement and the content itself sucked. The worst is Eternal Sonata's ending...

Anyways, I am now playing Lost Odyssey, which btw makes it up to you by provide a 125 Point achievement for each disc beaten...way to go above and beyond.

JusticeColde

Smash Cadet
NNID
JusticeColde
I trying to beat Duke Nukem 3D and it's expansions to knock about 4 listings off my backloggery before all the big fall/holiday releases come around.
Seriously, I have the same amount of games beaten as I have unfinished.

Last edited:

Zora_of_Ylisse

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ztm1996
3DS FC
0130-2279-7854
I'm just coming off of a Persona 4 kick, and transitioning back into Fire Emblem: Awakening, aided by today's trailer.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm just coming off of a Persona 4 kick, and transitioning back into Fire Emblem: Awakening, aided by today's trailer.
I'm actually currently doing a play-through of Persona 4. Just beat Shadow Mitsuo, but today's reveal prompted me to play some FE on my break at work today too.

Iguana

Smash Cadet
Most of the time I play games nowadays is when I gather with friends. We play Nidhogg, Samurai Gunn, Shovel Knight, some Divekick, and recently I got to try both NES Remixes, they're freakin' addictive. Oh, and on my own, every day I play at least one V-Hard playthrough of Tetris Attack. Favorite puzzle game of all-time.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am playing the original Shin Megami Tensei, for the Super Nintendo.

The game truly shows its age with its clunky mechanics, but it is by no means a bad game. I am enjoying it so far!

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually playing through Earthbound for the first time on Wii U VC, also playing Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition. I am enjoying them both immensely.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
When I'm not getting my ass handed to me in F-Zero GX, I'm finishing up Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I've started playing the beta translation of Ace Attorney: Investigations. Like most Ace Attorney, it's pretty good before, and unlike most, I still have no clue who the heck the killer is in the first case. I have an inkling but I'm not positive.

Also, I completed Moon route in Rewrite and need to go a finish Tera. I love Key's Visual Novels.

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
I've been playing through EarthBound for the first time, but I haven't played in a while since I've been playing lots of Melee with my friends.

Booster

Smash Lord
Phantasy Star 4 and I can safely say it's WAY better then that atrocious 3rd game. Also never trust a videogame series that can't spell "Fantasy" right. Would people be able to take Phinal Phantasy seriously?

Twewy

Smash Lord
Holy ****. You really do complain about everything.

Playing some TF2 on the side. Just hit 2000 hours. Still a scrub. :sadeyes:

finalark

SNORLAX
Phantasy Star 4 and I can safely say it's WAY better then that atrocious 3rd game. Also never trust a videogame series that can't spell "Fantasy" right. Would people be able to take Phinal Phantasy seriously?
Actually, "Phantasy" is an archaic spelling of the word fantasy. If you look in many older books, or even ones as recent as the early 20th century, you'll often see it spelled that way.

Anyway, PS4 is easily the best of the original series. Although I really don't think PS3 is that bad.

finalark

SNORLAX
Excuse the double post.

Picked up Tales of Symphonia HD last night. I haven't gotten very far, just up to the human ranch.

Not going to lie, I'm really having a hard time finding motivation to play the game. The battle system is fun and I really enjoy the game's dungeons, but the cut scenes are a chore to sit through and the game is taking quite a while to hit its stride. I remember ToS having a really slow opening, so I'm not just going to up and drop it since I know it gets pretty engaging once you get past it.

Also, I know this is an unpopular opinion but I really hate how they replaced the orchestral score that played over the opening with JPop.

Booster

Smash Lord
Excuse the double post.

Picked up Tales of Symphonia HD last night. I haven't gotten very far, just up to the human ranch.

Not going to lie, I'm really having a hard time finding motivation to play the game. The battle system is fun and I really enjoy the game's dungeons, but the cut scenes are a chore to sit through and the game is taking quite a while to hit its stride. I remember ToS having a really slow opening, so I'm not just going to up and drop it since I know it gets pretty engaging once you get past it.

Also, I know this is an unpopular opinion but I really hate how they replaced the orchestral score that played over the opening with JPop.
JPop is the favored music of Japanese people and select Otaku, it's catchy but I prefer actual music

finalark

SNORLAX
JPop is the favored music of Japanese people and select Otaku, it's catchy but I prefer actual music
It's not really that I think JPop is bad, it's more of a "MAH NOTATALGAH" sort of thing for me. The ToS I grew up with had this sweeping orchestral score that made me watch that opening every single time I booted up the game, just because it made me feel like I was about to go on an epic adventure.

Anyway, here's a comparison just to show what I mean:

NA GCN opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr13omigGIg

HD opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inobRI2Bk8A

Booster

Smash Lord
It's not really that I think JPop is bad, it's more of a "MAH NOTATALGAH" sort of thing for me. The ToS I grew up with had this sweeping orchestral score that made me watch that opening every single time I booted up the game, just because it made me feel like I was about to go on an epic adventure.

Anyway, here's a comparison just to show what I mean:

NA GCN opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr13omigGIg

HD opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inobRI2Bk8A
I own the game and the Gamecube/PS2 one is better (There's a PS2 version)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Excuse the double post.

Even I hate the beginning of Symphonia. It's just not all that fun.

finalark

SNORLAX
Even I hate the beginning of Symphonia. It's just not all that fun.
I normally don't have a problem with slow openings. I've been playing JRPGs since I was in the single digits and many of them being slow to start is just something you learn to accept. But damn, the opening to ToS is just a drag. I'm really hoping the game starts being as fun as I remember it being soon.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I normally don't have a problem with slow openings. I've been playing JRPGs since I was in the single digits and many of them being slow to start is just something you learn to accept. But damn, the opening to ToS is just a drag. I'm really hoping the game starts being as fun as I remember it being soon.
I like it when you get the other party members, just because I find them a lot more fun to use and appealing.

Plus the dungeons get a bit more interesting aside from a few. I guess it's mostly the characters skits and the main scenario being a lot more interesting than multiple human ranches.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I keep getting tempted again and again to play Tales of Xillia because it's like...sitting right there between my copies of BBCP and Enemy Within (which I just finished), but...I like can't convince myself to do it and wind up just playing Arkham City instead. I also keep going back and forth on what to play post-P3:FES (which I damn well better be able to finish all the way by 2 weeks from now, lol) since well...I don't exactly have an RPG shortage.

Iguana

Smash Cadet
Been playing Shovel Knight (sick game, sick soundtrack), Pivvot (an "avoidance" game like Super Hexagon, pretty cool) and CS:GO (really bad at this, but still enjoy it anyway).

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Currently swapping back and forth between Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. The Phoenix Wright game is good, but there was this one case in a circus I didn't really care for that much besides the highlights of it. FFTA i hugely nostalgic for me, but I really need a Swordbreaker so I can learn Steal: Weapon!!!!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Currently swapping back and forth between Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. The Phoenix Wright game is good, but there was this one case in a circus I didn't really care for that much besides the highlights of it. FFTA i hugely nostalgic for me, but I really need a Swordbreaker so I can learn Steal: Weapon!!!!
Almost everyone hates the circus case, so you're not alone lol

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Almost everyone hates the circus case, so you're not alone lol
Thank god haha. It was just not the most entertaining, and I don't really care for circuses that much haha. Well except the food. Also I felt like I was playing pick the guess for some parts of that case haha. I was really hoping for a final case like "Rise from the Ashes" which was incredibly well done, but this fourth case seems interesting so far!!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Thank god haha. It was just not the most entertaining, and I don't really care for circuses that much haha. Well except the food. Also I felt like I was playing pick the guess for some parts of that case haha. I was really hoping for a final case like "Rise from the Ashes" which was incredibly well done, but this fourth case seems interesting so far!!
Fourth case is considered the best out of the whole series in AA2 for many, so I hope you enjoy it.

Circus case did have me guessing with how they worded some things. Doesn't help that there were times when you generally knew what happened, but you were maybe 3 steps ahead on trying to prove something. Also, cross examining the clown was terrible lol

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I would say my favorite case was Rise from the Ashes, and then the Reunion, Then Turnabout case is my second favorite because then ending was just crazy. And yes the circus thing had me so irritated because multiple pieces of evidence kind of meant the same thing, but not according to the game haha

Top Bottom