• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

Twewy

Smash Lord
Deus Ex: Human "he only says I never asked for this once in the entire game" Revolution, and some TF2 on the side.

I've bought Spy stuff.

I don't even play Spy.

Aurablade

Smash Cadet
I got a new PC. Everybody was like "Download this this and this" but... The only thing i do is restarting Xenoblade and SSBM with Dolphin. But I indulged myself with Child of Light and I must say that it's quite pretty.
Also bought Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland on DS but don't know what to expect about it.

R0Y

Smash Master
Tried Okami.

Just wasn't for me, too much forced, uninteresting dialogue for a Zelda-type game, chores, and very, very bad motion controls. Could have been a masterpiece if it weren't so frustrating, and I'll never forget the intense linearity and annoying voices too :p. I'd probably like the PS3 HD version more but this game is overrated to me.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Brave Frontier. I've been addicted to the game for months, as you can probably tell by my avatar and signature.

For those who don't know, Brave Frontier is a freemium mobile game.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I've got an Unusual in TF2 and I love even though I promised myself to sell it for money.

Diablo 3 co-op with my dad. Surprisingly fun, not as good as 2 though.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Golden Sun, again for don't know which nth time. Okay, just beat it so I am playing Golden Sun 2 now.

Along with this I am continuously playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on 3DS so solo only. Have played for tons of hours but still have to reach HR 70 and beat up abyssal lagiacrus.

And also tons of games lying in my backlog that I started but did not finish. The brightness of the Golden Sun is too high.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Tales of Xillia 2
Sadly that game is beyond my reach as I don't have a PS3! Although I can still play some of the classic RPGs from past days so not much lost I guess. I still have Golden Sun, TWEWY (new) and Chrono Trigger :D

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sadly that game is beyond my reach as I don't have a PS3! Although I can still play some of the classic RPGs from past days so not much lost I guess. I still have Golden Sun, TWEWY (new) and Chrono Trigger :D
One day when PS3s get even cheaper, you should get one (if there are enough games you feel like you've missed out on).

Also get on that TWEWY if you haven't finished it yet. So good.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
One day when PS3s get even cheaper, you should get one (if there are enough games you feel like you've missed out on).

Also get on that TWEWY if you haven't finished it yet. So good.
Yea, waiting for that even cheaper day :)

By new I meant that it came out much later than Golden Sun and Chrono Trigger. I have beaten TWEWY 3-4 times. Just replaying it. Trying out the Solo Remix this time round. So GOOD!!! I just need to get 10000 points in my DS version to get that Composer Rank and Stars in everything. Collected the rest of it!

And the Planet Set is way OP!

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Decided to replay FEA with Male Robin, and I'm about to replay Brawl's SSE mode one last time before SSB4 comes out next month. Should be my 4th replay, at least according to the save slots.

Last edited:
Doing a non-lethal Kerotan run of MGS3, and I've been playing through Shin Megami Tensei 3 after digging up my PS2s. I've also started Phoenix Wright, since I never actually played any of them to completion.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Been playing competitive KIU, trying to pass the time until Azure Striker Gunvolt and PLvsAA comes out. But it's hard sticking because the community is sorta on the outs. A major glitch was discovered, and the problem is that it's not immediately obvious when it's used. Thankfully all of three people know how to do it and like twenty know what it does, but that's not going to last. Hopefully Nintendo will patch a 3-year-old game that doesn't have a dev team anymore...

Also been playing Tales of Xillia, trying to wrap it up. My will to continue is fading fast since I've uncovered all the skills and artes, and I'm obtaining them slower and slower.
Still, the fact that there's a Xillia 2 has been helping. (Didn't even know there was a Xillia 2 until a week ago, lol. Stuck ToX1 in a month or two ago by complete coincidence.)

RexRawr

Smash Rookie
Counter Strike Global Offensive and Garry's Mod as I wait for Smash 4.

finalark

SNORLAX
My friends and I starting a play through of KH Final Mix last night, we got up to Agrabah before we collectively decided to hit the hay.

I've been playing through Persona 3 on my own. I just got Kos-Mos Aigis.

DiggersBoy

Smash Apprentice
My friends and I starting a play through of KH Final Mix last night, we got up to Agrabah before we collectively decided to hit the hay.

I've been playing through Persona 3 on my own. I just got Kos-Mos Aigis.
Bruh
Unless you've been playing P3P I don't see how you're able to complete that game.
I got stuck at Hell Knights and quit P3FES for the 5th time.

finalark

SNORLAX
Bruh
Unless you've been playing P3P I don't see how you're able to complete that game.
I got stuck at Hell Knights and quit P3FES for the 5th time.
I would be playing P3P, but alas, I have no PSP to play it on. Which is also why my Persona binge will be ending at P2:EP. Thankfully, there's a ton of other SMT games for me to play.

Anyway, P3 has been pretty awesome so far. Not as good as 4 IMO. I really don't understand why they decided that having full control over your party was a bad thing. The game's difficulty would be cut in half if you could.

DiggersBoy

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, P3 has been pretty awesome so far. Not as good as 4 IMO. I really don't understand why they decided that having full control over your party was a bad thing. The game's difficulty would be cut in half if you could.
Oh, a P4'er. I got into the game with P3, so it's had somewhat of a huge impact on me. So I still love it, not matter what. 4 is easier, though.

finalark

SNORLAX
Oh, a P4'er. I got into the game with P3, so it's had somewhat of a huge impact on me. So I still love it, not matter what. 4 is easier, though.
Actually, I got into the series through P3. Didn't get to finish it because the friend I was borrowing it from decided she wanted it back around the half way point. P4 is still a better game IMO.

I'm actually super excited to start P2 once I finish 3, though.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
What'd be the best versions of the Persona games? I'm kinda interested.
Persona 1: PSP version
Persona 2 IS: PSP version
Persona 2 EP: PS1/PSN (unless you're in Japan, PSP version)
Persona 3: FES (for the 3D overworld exploration, cutscenes, afterstory "The Answer") or Portable (for better, streamlined gameplay and a Female Protagonist, but "The Answer" isn't included)
Persona 4: Golden

In my opinion at least. C:

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
P3: FES also has the additional scenario 'The Answer,' which takes place after the main storyline.

Also, in response to the thread title: Star Ocean: The Last Hope (beat it last night) and Final Fantasy 9. Playing through 9 for the first time since... hell, since it came out... really makes me want to pick up more of the series. Does anyone happen to know the quality of the PS1/PSN ports of the earlier games?

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
Also, in response to the thread title: Star Ocean: The Last Hope (beat it last night) and Final Fantasy 9. Playing through 9 for the first time since... hell, since it came out... really makes me want to pick up more of the series. Does anyone happen to know the quality of the PS1/PSN ports of the earlier games?
Bad. Really, really bad. Like, do yourself a favor and hunt down the GBA versions of the games because they're worth the few extra dollars bad.

EDIT: Actually, let me elaborate a bit.

FF1: The best version of the game is the PSP version, since it has the most content in addition to the updated mechanics of the GBA version. The PS1 version has updated graphics, but retains the very dated mechanics of the NES version.
FF2: I'd actually suggest skipping this game, since it just flat out hasn't aged well. The PSP version is again, technically the best version for reasons listed above but if you just want to faceroll the game the PS1 version has some crazy power leveling glitches you can exploit.
FF4: The DS version is the best version, since you get updated graphics, mechanics and voice acting. Although it does retain the grindiness of the SNES version, as does the PS1 port. If you want the game with minimal grind I suggest checking out the GBA version.
FF5: The GBA version wins hands-down. The PS1 port suffers from a translation that swings between bland and horribly hilarious. Not to mention the GBA version comes with updated graphics, new content and a hilarious script.
FF6: Both the GBA version and the PS1 version are pretty solid, although the GBA version is better with its additional content. Plus the PS1 version has some pretty bad load times if I recall. However, the GBA version made a number of controversial changes to the script, so if you're attached to the original keep that in mind.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Persona 1: PSP version
Persona 2 IS: PSP version
Persona 2 EP: PS1/PSN (unless you're in Japan, PSP version)
Persona 3: FES (for the 3D overworld exploration, cutscenes, etc) or Portable (for better, streamlined gameplay and a Female Protagonist)
Persona 4: Golden

In my opinion at least. C:
Gold is for the Vita, right? Don't exactly have one.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Gold is for the Vita, right? Don't exactly have one.
Then you're left with only being able to play vanilla P4, for the PS2. As you may already know, it's on PSN! Or you could always snag a physical copy.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Bad. Really, really bad. Like, do yourself a favor and hunt down the GBA versions of the games because they're worth the few extra dollars bad.

EDIT: Actually, let me elaborate a bit.

FF1: The best version of the game is the PSP version, since it has the most content in addition to the updated mechanics of the GBA version. The PS1 version has updated graphics, but retains the very dated mechanics of the NES version.
FF2: I'd actually suggest skipping this game, since it just flat out hasn't aged well. The PSP version is again, technically the best version for reasons listed above but if you just want to faceroll the game the PS1 version has some crazy power leveling glitches you can exploit.
FF4: The DS version is the best version, since you get updated graphics, mechanics and voice acting. Although it does retain the grindiness of the SNES version, as does the PS1 port. If you want the game with minimal grind I suggest checking out the GBA version.
FF5: The GBA version wins hands-down. The PS1 port suffers from a translation that swings between bland and horribly hilarious. Not to mention the GBA version comes with updated graphics, new content and a hilarious script.
FF6: Both the GBA version and the PS1 version are pretty solid, although the GBA version is better with its additional content. Plus the PS1 version has some pretty bad load times if I recall. However, the GBA version made a number of controversial changes to the script, so if you're attached to the original keep that in mind.
Excellent, the elaboration helps a ton. I'll definitely be going through those... uh... probably sometime after whatever comes after 9. Also, any reason that FF3 is absent?

Top Bottom