• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

Marxally

Smash Apprentice
I'm just relaxing playing some indie PC games like Fez, Gunpoint, and more like that.
Just waiting Smash for 3DS while playing the demo too :)

Yasumi

Smash Rookie
I've seriously been no-lifing Modern Warfare 3 on PC. Easily better than MW2, and probably all the other ones imho.

It's kind of hard to admit you like Call of Duty these days.

I have far to many games that I've started then put aside for something else. But these are the games I'm actively playing right now...

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS)
Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies (3DS eShop)
Baroque (Wii)

I'm also playing a lot of Ultra Street Fighter IV on PC.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Baroque is definitely one of those games I need to get back to someday. I love it, but it's so just crazy and weird that it takes forever to get anything done.

Right now it's still Final Fantasy 9 and Terraria for me. Managed to beat the Desert Palace (coolest boss gimmick ever, since it rewards loot-hounds like me) in the former and some Eyes of Cthulhu in the latter! Also been faffing about here'n there with the Smash demo, but Battlefield's gettin' kind of old and I really want to play me some Pacman.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I have far to many games that I've started then put aside for something else. But these are the games I'm actively playing right now...

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS)
Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies (3DS eShop)
Baroque (Wii)

I'm also playing a lot of Ultra Street Fighter IV on PC.
Wow finally a person I saw playing SMT:DeSu Overclocked! I hope you love it, it is one of my favourite games! I loved the original as well as the overclocked versioN!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I tried firing up an SMT appreciation thread, but didn't get any taker. Maybe SMT/Atlus is just criminally underrated here?
There was a thread? Sorry if I missed it, I love SMT! Sometimes threads are just accidentally not noticed. SMT is popular but it is still relatively niche! But there are tons of fans here, so don't worry about that!

Devil Survivor Overclocked is my favourite SMT game so far, even though it's supposed to be a spin off. I have a game of Nocturne in the running, just suspended for the moment (yea I got stuck somewhere). Will play it probably after I finish my playthrough of Crisis Core.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm actually still working on Strange Journey. Which is my favorite SMT game. I have Nocturne, but being tied to a home console for 60+ hours lacks some appeal.
Yea Strange Journey is REALLY good. Just not as easily replayable as DeSu Overclocked though. Because you have to find all the secret shortcuts AGAIN! And then the DEMONica upgrades as well.

I finished it once, now stuck on my playthrough somewhat. Have to get that secret quest!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
On the bright side, those 60+ hours have Dante.
Haha yea. I still have to encounter him though. Crisis core missions get boring..... Wish they were more diverse.

I got so bored of them that I watched anime for some days and manga just to take a break from the game. The rating just went down......

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Just finished up Danganronpa 2, so most of my time will now be dedicated to Smash.

Just so happy that (Warning Danganronpa 2 Spoilers):
My favorite character from the beginning (Sonia) didn't die!!!! Sayaka was my fave at the start of the original and I was super mad she died first, but I quickly fell in love with Kirigiri. The entire time of Danganronpa 2 I was expecting Sonia to be killed or be the killer, almost so that everytime you select the killer, I would pick Sonia first, just in case. Haha.

FANTASTIC GAME

Minato

穏やかじゃない
DR2 was amazing.

DR2 ending spoilers
All the people I maxed hope fragments with died besides Sonia. :(

DR2 is probably my favorite Vita game now. Everything keeps on snowballing towards the end.

To anyone that doesn't have a Vita, it's definitely worth getting one later down the road when it gets cheap for DR1 and 2.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
DR2 was amazing.

DR2 ending spoilers
All the people I maxed hope fragments with died besides Sonia. :(

DR2 is probably my favorite Vita game now. Everything keeps on snowballing towards the end.

To anyone that doesn't have a Vita, it's definitely worth getting one later down the road when it gets cheap for DR1 and 2.
I'd say get a Vita now for it. It's the whole reason I bought mine.

Wyattkins

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wyattkins
3DS FC
2707-1796-0102
Other than playing Dota, I've been trying to 100% the binding of Isaac before the remake comes out on november 4th.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I just beat Final Fantasy 9 and the ending left me crying in good and bad ways.

Vivi was my favorite character, man...
But everyone else got happy endings!

But the original FF theme plays at the end of the credits and I'm all weepy again.

I have no idea what I'm going to play next, to be honest. Maybe the Phantasy Star series or Last Remnant or something.

I also been playing a lot of Ultra SF4. Currently I'm training with T. Hawk. He's no Alex. But he's definitely the second most fun I've had playing a grappler in a while.

Last edited:

SmellTheJava

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0834-0767-5817
I don't know man, T.Hawk is pretty anoying to play against but I can see why he's fun to play. I've never been interested in grapplers at all, but I want to learn Hugo, he seems pretty fun and silly.

But right now I got my hands full learning Ibuki and E.Ryu combos just for fun.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I just started playing Terranigma on a SNES emulator on my phone.

How did this not get overseas? It's really a pinnacle for Enix. It's kind of like Secret of Mana, but also different. The music is top notch, and the graphics are also nice to look at too

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Terranigma also has one of the coolest settings and concepts I've seen in a while.

Playing through Ys Chronicles+ (Ys 1 and 2) on Steam, myself. Probably going to keep going with the series, since it's a nice diversion from the approximate 70 hours in Star Ocean and 40 in FF9 that I've done recently.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I just started playing Terranigma on a SNES emulator on my phone.

How did this not get overseas? It's really a pinnacle for Enix. It's kind of like Secret of Mana, but also different. The music is top notch, and the graphics are also nice to look at too
Terranigma sounds impossible to play on the phone lol

Speaking of games North American never got. I'm playing a translated versions of Metal Max Returns for the Super Famicom. Its a really nifty JRPG set in a post-apocalyptic setting. Where the gimick is that you can move around as a person, but you can also drive around in a tank. Its got very traditional turn based combat (though of course you can either fight on foot, or in a tank)

Metal Max is interesting because its been around since the Famicom and is still made to this day. With Metal Max 4 arriving on 3DS last fall. In Japan only. North America only ever got Metal Saga for the PS2. Which was a spin-off of Metal Max.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Terranigma also has one of the coolest settings and concepts I've seen in a while.

Playing through Ys Chronicles+ (Ys 1 and 2) on Steam, myself. Probably going to keep going with the series, since it's a nice diversion from the approximate 70 hours in Star Ocean and 40 in FF9 that I've done recently.
Well now I am supposed to be looking for a dog and I have no idea where it is.

Terranigma sounds impossible to play on the phone lol
Definitely not the easiest thing to undertake, but I played Mother 3 on the phone too

Prism

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jesset202
3DS FC
0576-5008-6643
My friends came over last night and we brought my ol' N64 out and we started playing Pokemon Puzzle League. Guess who's in love with that game again?

I REALLY wanted to have it on my Android to play between classes, but no Android emulators support it, so I'm kinda mad about that...

LinkSword93

Smash Cadet
NNID
Umdytr
3DS FC
3668-9197-4509
Virtue's Last Reward

Only in my first playthrough, but it already seems a really complex branching storyline. 999 was an amazing game and had quite a few different possibilities along the way, but it's clear they amped that up a notch with VLR. It's just going to be a blast to play it through several times and keep getting or the pieces of this giant puzzle. And, boy, am I gonna miss this when it's over.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Trying to finish up Dust: An Elysian Tail; about 66% complete (according to the game itself), so I've still got a while t'go. That and dabbling a bit in Mario Kart and Rhythm Heaven every now'n again.

I just got a copy of King of Fighters Collection- The Orochi Saga for Wii. And am absolutely having a blast playing KOF '98. Its a great experience on the Wii.

The Wii actually has a strangely good selection of Fighting game I've been discovering. No Street Fighter. But we got Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Samurai Shodown Anthology, a pile of Arcade quality SNK fighters off the Virtual Console... Kamen Rider Dragon Knight...

Okay. Not amazing. But its there.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I just got a copy of King of Fighters Collection- The Orochi Saga for Wii. And am absolutely having a blast playing KOF '98. Its a great experience on the Wii.

The Wii actually has a strangely good selection of Fighting game I've been discovering. No Street Fighter. But we got Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Samurai Shodown Anthology, a pile of Arcade quality SNK fighters off the Virtual Console... Kamen Rider Dragon Knight...

Okay. Not amazing. But its there.
KoF 98 is my favorite KoF. It's a ton of fun. And yeah, there are some pretty good things on the VC like Last Blade.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
Too busy playing Fire Emblem: Awakening and the Sm4sh demo on my 3DS to hype myself for the full release of Smash Bros in the next few days.
As well as that I've been doing heavy amounts of grinding for cash in Asphalt 8 on my phone.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Finally beat Dust: An Elysian Tail, which means I'm moving on to a ton of Animal Crossing and slightly less Harvest Moon.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I'm playing through the game my friend made, named Custom Code. It's her first game, and it's in Game Maker, but we all start somewhere.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I finished Crisis Core quite a while ago and have been playing Xenoblade Chronicles for the past 2 weeks! Amazing game, one of the best JRPGs I have played in quite a while and a game which has me absolutely hooked! Good storyline, great graphics for a Wii game, awesome combat (although the AI is somewhat annoying)! And I love all the different looks of armours and how they also appear in all cutscenes!

Aiming for 100% completion on first run as I don't know when I will play a game of this large length again even with NG+. Done with all quests, reached the point of no return in storyline, beat all the superbosses tons of times for their loot! Now just grinding a bit to max out all skills and arts of all characters. And get the achievement of beating 5000 monsters, and the fainting achievements (ugh why?)

I must say, this game will definitely enter my favourites list! I am so excited for Xenoblade Chronicles X now!

Waiting for November so I can buy a Wii U with Smash 4, then eventually the inevitable spiritual sequel of Xenoblade!

Last edited:
Top Bottom