• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
So a week later and I'm STILL really enjoying Terra Battle. There's absolutely nothing about this game's business model that has stopped me from enjoying it.

In-game purchases really are nothing more than optional and the game actually rewards you repeated logins by giving you the premium currency for free. So far, I've chosen not to make any in-game purchases at all and it's resulted in my party having a bare minimum of rare characters. I have seven B-class fighters in total but it's more than manageable. The bosses I've fought so far have been really hard but using the proper strategies, I've been able to take down each one.

Also... I'm not sure if it really works this way but I think they have a really genius system with the way the game randomly assigns you a rare character after spending the premium currency. It seems to give you characters based on the weapon type of the next boss enemy. In one chapter, the boss used a sword weapon and I REALLY felt the need for a spear character... It gave me a spear character. Later on, the boss used bow and arrow so I needed a new sword character to counter that. It gave me a sword character just like I had hoped. I have a feeling it's not a coincidence.

Best of all, the game itself is really good and I would feel happy paying real-life currency to unlock more stuff in the game. It would make me happy to support a game I like and get new stuff in it at the same time!

I'm really happy to have found a mobile game I can get into because I feel that it fills in an interesting niche. It's the type of game you can quickly play during a wait at the bus stop or during your lunch break at work. I want to see more mobile games like this.

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I'm currently playing the first Bayonetta as well! And by god, they weren't kidding about this game. Everything from the reactionary twitch gameplay, the fluidity, Bayonettas witty humor, the music.. GAH! Everything is just so good! I can't wait to start the 2nd one.
:link:
Awesome! It is pleasant to hear when more people purchase Wii U games that aren't necessarily inevitable million-sellers, although I feel Bayonetta 2 and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze are two that are deserving (that haven't yet, that is).

Anyways, I've just beaten the first Bayonetta four days prior to this post. I have recently began Bayo 2 as well, and looking to beat it within today or tomorrow before the Mario Kart 8 DLC hits Wednesday. Chapter IX at the moment, and as I had imagined, I do find Bayo 2 to be a more enjoyable experience, really in every way; OST, Bayonetta's character design, etc.

Edit: Beat Bayonetta 2. Good game. Looking forward to the first batch of Mario Kart 8 DLC Thursday, and then Pokémon Alpha Sapphire + SSB for Wii U next week!

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Bravely Default, which I'd been neglecting for wayyyyy too long.
Unfortunately, I got WAY into that game... but on my friend's cartridge. I got pretty far in it but if I'd ever want to continue it again, I'd have to start all over. :(

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
Well I "quit" World of Warcraft shortly after Smash 4 came out (the end of the season/expansion kind of went together) - however, I've just started to pick it up again a little bit, but namely the Arena Tournament Realm which is a "pirate" game which takes the game back a few years to one of the older expansions.

Other than that I am playing through again Final Fantasy VI and VII (such joy) and Mega Man Zero is always in my 3DS atm - prob gonna play through the 3DS Zelda before the new one comes out.

REALLY want to play Bravely Default, but waiting for my brother to buy it, think he's waiting for me to buy it though.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
After continuing to play Shantae, I have to say... I'm a bit disappointed. I can tell it's an ambitious game but the sad part is that it doesn't quite excel at any of the things it's trying to do.

It's decent as a platformer... but the fact that Shantae is such a huge sprite and you can hardly see the world around you leads to a lot of accidental pit fall deaths. It tries to include a Metroidvania aspect... but the inclusion of a lives system and the gaps in the levels both make it difficult to freely explore. The dancing mechanic is similar to the musical instruments of Zelda but for some reason, the world around the player doesn't freeze when they use it... making it bit of a pain to transform back and forth between forms sometimes. Shantae's actual hair-whip attack has really poor range... though I'm uncertain whether this is intentional or not. Also, the way items are in this game is really unintuitive and the game failed to teach me how to use them.

So are the other ones better? And is there more to this game that's impressive?

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Back to Monster Hunter Freedom.

It is a pain though after completing Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate, facing such relatively archaic combat, low choice of weapons, less attacks and all that.

Not bad game, but it definitely did not age well. Even though it is not that old (PSP). I still have to get beyond a Gravios since I am unable to pierce its armour and want to make a Garuga weapon to make dealing with such monsters less of a chore.

Obviously, I am continuing to level up my characters to level 99 in Golden Sun 2. It is just taking a lot of time.

Last edited:

samekh

Smash Rookie
Back to Monster Hunter Freedom.

It is a pain though after completing Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate, facing such relatively archaic combat, low choice of weapons, less attacks and all that.

Not bad game, but it definitely did not age well. Even though it is not that old (PSP). I still have to get beyond a Gravios since I am unable to pierce its armour and want to make a Garuga weapon to make dealing with such monsters less of a chore.

Obviously, I am continuing to level up my characters to level 99 in Golden Sun 2. It is just taking a lot of time.
I agree with this, i'm getting back my PSP in a few days and plan to play this one again.

ATM i'm playing Animal Crossing : New Leaf, MH3 and Fatal Frame II... I would love to play the new FF for WiiU.

Twewy

Smash Lord
The Steam release of Valkyira Chronicles reminded me that was a thing, that it was a good thing, and that I haven't beaten it (that is a bad thing). So I dug it out and am currently replaying it on PS3.

Last edited:

Tomlanji

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomlanji
3DS FC
4098-2281-7871
Kid Icarus: Uprising. Love the game. I keep playing it, trying to get the best weapon I can get.

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
wwe15 was supposed to be one of the games to help me keep my ps4 but they took out great modes and screwed up online.

Good news is I bought Pokemon X so that's gonna be fun. Team Fennekin

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
The Steam release of Valkyira Chronicles reminded me that was a thing, that it was a good thing, and that I haven't beaten it (that is a bad thing). So I dug it out and am currently replaying it on PS3.
Oh yea! I definitely got to get that!

I was holding off playing VC2 since I didn't have a PS3 but now that is so much easier!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
VC2 is on PSP, I think. I hear it isn't as good as VC1 or 3, though.
Yea I know. I was going to try it as it was still one of the great games on PSP.

Now I can play VC1 and then get into VC2. Was VC3 also on PS3? I heard that it was Japan exclusive.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Yea I know. I was going to try it as it was still one of the great games on PSP.

Now I can play VC1 and then get into VC2. Was VC3 also on PS3? I heard that it was Japan exclusive.
VC3 was PSP as well, and it was Japan exclusive. There's a fan-patch you can apply, though.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
VC3 was PSP as well, and it was Japan exclusive. There's a fan-patch you can apply, though.
OK! Fan patch it is!

I tried Final Fantasy Type-0 the same way, still have to continue in it. Same with Monster Hunter Portable 3rd although I have already beaten Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate G rank with almost all armour and weapons (for Amatsumagatsuchi).

Chronocide

Smash Cadet
I've got a looong que of games I've been neglecting, so I've taken the only appropriate response to this issue by ordering even more games. A couple days ago I bought Pokemon: Omega Ruby, I was a huge fan of Emerald so there wasn't much convincing needed for me to get the game. I also intend on buying Smash for the Wii U when it finally comes out in Australia and having a blast with that.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Before Smash Wii U came out I was playing Hyrule Warriors a bunch and the new Mario Kart 8 DLC.

setokaiba

Smash Rookie
NNID
SirBobbytron
3DS FC
3609-1554-3330
I recently started borderlands the pre sequel

Patongi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Patongi
Mainly Smash 4 Wii U. Some Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8. Haven't really touched any games on my PC. :p

Doctor Saius

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dr. Saius
Right now i'm slowly making my way through Dragon Age:Inquisition and also wasting tons of time with World of Warcraft.

Dr. Snakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueDaBeast
3DS FC
4511-1428-9509
Just picked up Valkyria Chronicles for PC off Steam. Sooo much of my time is gonna go into that.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Recently started playing the first three Phoenix Wright games for DS. Currently about halfway through Justice for All. Pretty good so far, and mostly well-written, although Justice for All is ridden with spelling/grammar errors, and I find it a bit odd how obsessed with capital punishment they seem to be (every trial apparently ends in the death penalty for whoever is found guilty of the murder).

Aware.Awake

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamBananas
I have such a backlog of titles I've started but not finished. However, aside from Smash I've been trying to finish Alpha Sapphire. On the side I'm slowly progressing my way through Persona Q and closing in on finishing Bayonetta so I can finally try out B2!

Minuy600

Smash Apprentice
I'm really enjoying Tomodachi Lifes quirkiness. My friends don't have it, but they can decide a fair bit on what happens in the game. Next year I will start over and this time I won't add 100 mii's a day.

Edigital23

Smash Rookie
NNID
Edigital23
3DS FC
4253-3504-1896
Captain Toad after finals. (Still in shrink wrap.) Hearthstone PC/iPad and COD AW XB1. (Fired up Titanfall again a couple times this week on XB1.)

CitationNeeded

Smash Rookie
NNID
CitationNeeded
3DS FC
0447-6550-2679
I WAS playing Skyward Sword on Hero Mode. I borrowed Xenoblade from a friend and now SS is on the backburner. Other than those two, just lots of Smash on 3DS and a bit of Fight Night Champion on my PS3.

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
Smash 3DS
Omega Ruby

Starcraft II Heart of the Swarm
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
FIFA 15

haven't even started Link Between Worlds yet!!!

Top Bottom