• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Females Do You Want For Brawl

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
lol this thread continues to go down the drain when it comes to ideas

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
Ladies for Brawl:
Nephenee from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (Won't happen, but I'd love it)
Lyn from Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword
May/Haruka from Pokemon anime series
Midna from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Third Party Girls:
Sophitia from Soul Calibur (Hey, Link was in SCII- they must return the favour!)

Blackadder

Smash Master
I just want a female with a big rack on brawl.
Oh wait.
Zamus! :chuckle:

Seriosuly though?
I don't really care, as long as they can kick arse.

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
Urgh... this brings back memories of a thread over on another forum accusing Smash Bros. of being sexist because there were so few female characters. I mean, sure, it'd be nice to have a few more female characters for variety... but its not sexist to not have any characters. Sorry, just thought I'd fill in on some Smile Guy background information.

Peach
Zelda
Samus (and now, therefore Zero Suit Samus)
Dark Samus (is it female?)
Lyndis, or Lyn
Midna
Krystal
Gardevoir (has to be a female, really)

That's all I can really think of for now.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Lip and Krystal are the only two I think Brawl really needs. Females are nice, but we don't need to many, It is Super Smash Bros.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's also been accused of being racist, grounded the lack of black guys (Well, I can't quite make out what Gannondorf is supposed to be).

Arteen

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's also been accused of being racist, grounded the lack of black guys
That's not surprising, considering almost all the possible characters originated in Japan, and Japan doesn't have many black citizens. People can't blame Nintendo for that.

I do hope SSBB has more female representation than princesses in pink dresses...

or women in very form-fitting jumpsuits or furries in bikinis.

That's why I think a female rep from Golden Sun would be great. They aren't damsels in distress or wearing overtly sexual outfits. They aren't wearing armor that leaves most of their skin exposed in akward and impractical areas. They wear modest, practical clothing (a rare sight in the realm of video games). They area all strong, developed characters in their own right and they have great traits that would lend themselves well to SSBB.

They can all use staffs, but Jenna is also capable of using a light sword, and Mia and Sheba can use maces(not a weapon any other possible SSBB character could use). Each can use what is essentially magic (called psynergy) and telekinesis of a specific classical element. Jenna is a fire adept, Sheba is a wind (including storm-based moves that include electricity) adept, and Mia is a water adept. Sheba and Mia especially would be interesting choices, as there isn't as much use of water or wind-based magical moves in SSBB as there is fire. They could also use powerful psynergy moves or their various summons as final smashes. The SSBB team can do a lot with any of them.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Look, I know we have many teenage males on the forums, but isn't it somehow possible to discuss females at all without any hotness factor being brought up? Not that I'm a prude or anything... moving on.

Peach: I don't see how she wouldn't come back.

Daisy: Unless they do something very similar like they did to her in Melee, I don't support her getting in, not with much better character options out there.

Dixie: I don't support her and that goes double for a Diddy + Dixie character. I feel Diddy would be ruined if he had to share a spot with Dixie. Not to mention they could come up with someone more original to use from the DK universe.

Midna: With the whole Twilight Princess theme going on along with Brawl Link and Brawl Zelda being based off their TP counterparts, plus a stage from the game, I think she's one of the most likely Zelda characters to get in. She can easily be one of the most unique characters with her wide range of magic, including making up some if needed too. Out of many Zelda characters, she seems to be one of the most popular out of all the games. I also have a feeling they may top off the TP theme with a playable character from it. If not, she'll likely be an AT. One way or another, I'm sure she's gonna get in.

Navi: The biggest role I can see her having is a cursor, otherwise, no, just plain no.

Dark Samus: I guess it could be kinda debatable if Dark Samus is female. Anyway, I don't support her except as an alternate look for Samus. Now I'm aware she does have different moves then Samus, but I don't think she's unique enough to get in. I feel she would be too similar to Samus and waste a character slot on someone more unique, like Ridley.

Krystal: First off, if she gets in, she's likely gonna have a new look based on what she looked like from other Star Fox games, like Fox, because I notice characters from the same series tend to share styles. I'm kinda mixed about supporting her. I'm not really so sure about four Star Fox characters, if only because it leaves less room for new series not used in Melee. I don't think the rooster should be made up of mostly characters from the game series that shown up in Melee. Either way, her magic and staff could lead to an unique move set. So I say it's either between her or Wolf.

Lip: Her item shown up in Melee, but what I would like to know is, what would make her unique and a better pick over many other characters? Being Japanese-only is gonna hurt her chances a lot.

thefindingmoon

Smash Cadet
of course zelda,peach,and samus,,,,,,,then midna and krystal sound good to me
,,,,,oh and maybe the ninja chic with the katana from fire emblem,,i forgot her name,,,,

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
i doubt it will happen...
and somebody has probably already suggested it, and been shot down and/or flamed...
but i wouldnt mind seeing Alexandra Roivas or Ellia from Eternal Darkness...

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
1) Peach
2) Micaiah (FE NEEDS A LADY, and we got enough swords, a mage would kick ***)
3) Krystal (More rep for SF series, and shed use her staff also making for a very interesting char)

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Regarding Lara Croft, sure she's a big female video game icon, but what would she have over say, many other popular 3rd party options? Unlike Snake, she's a lot more focus on using guns and those would likely get the boot, what's left, a mostly made up move set? They could easily have another character with a much more original move set then a somewhat realistic made up melee move set for Lara. Before Captain Falcon gets brought up, he's pretty much a sci-fi character who they had room to add fire to some of his attacks, not to mention he isn't known for using guns like Lara is.

Ricky Zelda

Smash Rookie
Since I already got Zelda...

I really want Daisy or Peach (or maybe you could make Daisy a alternate costume or something for Peach) , Krystal , and It would be nice to see Lopunny or Gardevor.

NukeA6

Smash Master
i doubt it will happen...
and somebody has probably already suggested it, and been shot down and/or flamed...
but i wouldnt mind seeing Alexandra Roivas or Ellia from Eternal Darkness...
It's been a long time since someone brought up any character from Eternal Darkness. It's like people forgot the game.

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
i loved Eternal Darkness...
i played that game all the time...
until i went out of town and the disc was suspiciously scratched beyond recognition...:(
ive been meaning to get another copy of it...
i wouldnt want Alexandra Roivas over Sonic or Geno, but it would still be cool to play with her or Ellia...
or any other character from the game for that matter...

HeroOfTime64

Smash Cadet
So far, I utterly agree with everything that everyone has said. Such good ideas from Krystal to Laura Croft. Some ideas I would leave out though, but this is a very well thought out disscussion that has changed my views on Brawl.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Finally! Someone who doesn't think I'm nuts for suggesting Lara! But, yeah Hero. I think some Ideas (DIE MAY, DIE!) shouldn't get to Brawl, but all in all I think we've covered every femme fatale from Dixie to Daisy, but I think there are a few more females who have a chance, I just haven't heard any interesting movesets for any of these, interesting, characters.

FIRST POST!!!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Jill from Resident Evil >< I'm a Resident Evil guy, but she was already in Marvel vs. Capcom right? And she didn't seem that good.

Krystal.. I'm a furry go figure.

Idk what else there is, if they threw in Cortana or something than the MC would have to go in too and thats a no no.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Ill be happy if the following females get it

Samus/Zero Suit Samus - Confirmed
Zelda - Confirmed
Peach
Dixie Kong
Krystal

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Well I haven't actually played a Star Fox game except briefly the one on the N64 but I have nothing against Krystal. It's a Win/Win really, seeing as Smash Bros. could use more females, and they could use more characters from the Star Fox series.

Midna seems like a no-brainer. She was awesome in Twilight Princess, one of my favourite characters of all time in Legend of Zelda and possibly Nintendo XD

Then Zelda (Confirmed), and Peach (practically confirmed) obviously.

Marina Liteyears - Think another person posted her in this thread earlier, but I think she's honestly a great idea. Thread here if you don't know who she is: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=73631

Kat & Ana OR *possibly* Ashley - Again, mentioned briefly in this thread. Could work but *might* be better suited to Assist Trophies. Although more representation for WarioWare couldn't hurt.

Miscellaneous Fire Emblem Female X - Same says it all. Plenty of them, just slot in a newish one probably.

Dixie/Tiny/Candy Kong - Surely we deserve a female Kong by now? Atleast in some form...

Uh.. wow never realised Nintendo had so little established female characters. I really can't think of anyone not mentioned. I've got high hopes but extremely low expectations that Marina would make the cut >.<

The only incredibly random one I haven't seen mentioned that I can think of would be... Gruntilda from the Banjo-Kazooie series? o.0 Incredible long-shot I know, but hell even Banjo & Kazooie themself seem like they could be a nice addition (yes I know they aren't females). Then there are all those issues with Microsoft acquiring Rare and such though >.<

Arteen

Smash Lord
Marina Liteyears - Think another person posted her in this thread earlier, but I think she's honestly a great idea. Thread here if you don't know who she is: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=73631
I remember that game. It was pretty fun. I doubt she'd make it, but I would like her in.

The only incredibly random one I haven't seen mentioned that I can think of would be... Gruntilda from the Banjo-Kazooie series? o.0 Incredible long-shot I know, but hell even Banjo & Kazooie themself seem like they could be a nice addition (yes I know they aren't females). Then there are all those issues with Microsoft acquiring Rare and such though >.<
Actually, Kazooie is female. Honestly, I think B-K would be absolutely perfect for Brawl. Their games are great, so the franchise deserves it. In addition, they have a wonderfully wide array of moves in their games, so they'd have a bunch of fitting A and B moves. I'd still harbor a glimmer of hope for them because Microsoft still published GBA B-K title, but Rare announced B-K3 for the 360, so I doubt Microsoft would allow it.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Kazooie is female. Honestly, I think B-K would be absolutely perfect for Brawl. Their games are great, so the franchise deserves it. In addition, they have a wonderfully wide array of moves in their games, so they'd have a bunch of fitting A and B moves. I'd still harbor a glimmer of hope for them because Microsoft still published GBA B-K title, but Rare announced B-K3 for the 360, so I doubt Microsoft would allow it.
Right, I always forget she's a girl >.< probably due to the fact she never acted very lady-like heh. Still even if Microsoft somehow did allow it, which I doubt they would, it would probably be more focused on Banjo. She wouldn't really have enough on her own to be an individual character I'd say. Still if the pair of them *somehow* made it in, it'd be awesome ^_^ and it'd be like having 1/2 another female character, sort of. >.<

Top Bottom