• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Females Do You Want For Brawl

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
*Rolls eyes*
Nicole.. Spartan-458.. Teehee

/sarcasm

I don't actually want her but it would be an interesting concept... Though.. it would conflict with the story line. So if they did throw in a Spartan then it would be an entirely new one.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking he's a dude, but I could be wrong, or, like Yoshi, he's asxeual, and thusly has no gender
Not to be too picky, but asexual is actually a sexual orientation (like heterosexual or homosexual), not a gender identity (like male or female). To be fair, if someone is asexual, it doesn't have any bearing on their gender.

Anyways, to get back on topic, I am saddened by the ridiculous lack of females in the Nintendo-verse. I wouldn't mind seeing Jody Summers from F-Zero, but I am a little doubtful. I mean, if Goroh didn't make it in as a PC, i don't really predict any other F-Zero PCs besides Cpt. Falcon. Then again, you could also look at it like since goroh isn't a PC, Jody is probably next in line.

I think Jody could have a sleek moveset. Her B could be a punch like Cpt. Falcon's, but instead of a flaming bird, she could have a glowing or transparent white cat, inspired by her racer. She could also have a white cat's claw or something for a B> move. Maybe she could even have a sort of cat pounce attack for ^B? Any other thoughts or comments?

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
- Jill (Drill Dozer)
- Krystal (Star Fox)
- Hikari (Donbe & Hikari)
- Lip (Panel de Pon)
- Furil (Panel de Pon)
- Adelaine (Kirby)
- Ada Wong (Resident Evil)
- Princia Ramode (F-Zero)
- Jody Summers (F-Zero)
- Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
- Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)
- Alice (Balloon Fighter)
- Sonia Belmont (Castlevania)
- Palutena (Kid Icarus)
- Flurry (Paper Mario)
- Lyndis (Fire Emblem)
- Mia (Fire Emblem)
- Micaiah (Fire Emblem)
- Dixie Kong (with Diddy Kong) (Donkey Kong)
- Lalala (with Lololo) (Donkey Kong)
- Shantae (Shantae)
- Princess Kumatora (MOTHER3)

Not saying that they´re going to make it in, just putting it out there.

Disclaimer: Birdo´s a guy.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I don't know if it's been said cause i didn't read all of the thread but how bout IMPA!!! she may be ugly as hell but c'mon she looks like she could be a fighter

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
On Impa: unlike Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, she has no set style trend. Sure, the Link, Zelda and possibly Ganondorf will be based on the TP style, they have been more or less the same on each game, sans age and backround. If I'm not making myself very clear, what I mean is, all the Links look like Links, and all the Zeldas look like Zeldas. Impa is unrecognizable from one game to another. And not having an incarnation in TP (except for a semi-cameo, where a character might have descended from her) hurts her chances. Impa from OoT looks like she packs a punch, old Impa from LoZ/AoL was easily cornered by Ganon's minions. So Impa is most likely a no-no.

N1TE/2L8

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure how old this thread is... But anyway, I just want Lyn and maybe Arche (from the Tales of Phantasia game).

Stone.Tower

Smash Cadet
In all honesty, I'm hoping for Tetra. While the chances for Tetra are probably slim to none, I figure she'd be a pretty good addition and I don't see how you could make her a clone. Besides, you have to admit, Tetra is just COOL.

Also, I'm getting a bit sick of all the females in the SSB series being princesses. Sheik and Samus were the only exceptions, even though Sheik was Zelda's character's transformation. I just think it's time for more tough girls and less princesses. Samus needs some back up here, don'tcha think?

Emokirby4

Smash Cadet
I can see Impa making it, but only if they cut out Shiek and wanted something to please Shiek fans. I would be upset if this happened, but it would be better than cutting the Sheikahs out all together(which some seem to want to do)

Stone.Tower

Smash Cadet
ALL the female characters? There's only three of them.
Eh. Well, there's Zelda, Peach, Samus and Jigglypuff. That's like, what, four? Well, I meant most. But really, besides Samus, it's really just princesses, don'tcha think? Jigglypuff doesn't even really count in my book. I'm just referring to the humanoid females.

I can see Impa making it, but only if they cut out Shiek and wanted something to please Shiek fans. I would be upset if this happened, but it would be better than cutting the Sheikahs out all together(which some seem to want to do)
I can see Impa making it as well. If they cut out Sheik, I'm hoping for at least some Sheikah support. I don't think Impaz [yes, I spelled that right] from Twilight Princess would be a fit fighter even though she is a Sheikah. :[ I just think the Sheikahs are freaking cool.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
I can't think of too many Nintendo females that would make great main playables. My favorite being Krystal and IMO she's the most likely female newcomer, as well as Midna and some others from LoZ would be good. I hear there are some pretty cool girl characters in Fire Emblem, but I don't know anything about that series, so I can't really say.

I think there are alot of good possibilities for ATs though.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Eh. Well, there's Zelda, Peach, Samus and Jigglypuff. That's like, what, four? Well, I meant most. But really, besides Samus, it's really just princesses, don'tcha think? Jigglypuff doesn't even really count in my book. I'm just referring to the humanoid females.
\
Jigglypuff's a guy in Melee

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
... Yeah me to but from todays update I'm not so sure.
Referring to Zamus not seperately playable........ Maybe it's like being sheik right off the bat when you pick Zelda...... If you hold A before the battle the armor falls off as you appear, then you're either stuck as zamus all battle or just until you die again and you can do the same everytime you're on that platform.....

That's a little complicated......... Whatever....... They'll make Zero Suit Samus accesssexable, you can count on that..... we'll know how Samus strips eventually

I said the same thing on another thread

Krystal for sure

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Females? Well, Krystal just HAS to appear after Assault if you ask me. Another one I want, but is much less likely, is Lyndiss, from Fire Emblem, with the sword Mani Katti and maybe a bow and arrow. But maybe not since there already are 2 bow and arrow users.

I'd also like Daisy, as long as she isn't too similar to Peach. And maybe.. Toadette, as an alternate costume to Toad if he's playable?

Stone.Tower

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but still. I mean, look at the evolutionary names.

Igglybuff. Jigglypuff. Wigglytuff.
They don't give male pokemon those names. They just don't.

And also, Jigglypuff is clearly described as a female in the anime. And in the video games, her gender is marked as FEMALE. So, why are there still people that believe Jigglypuff is a male for Melee. People don't change sexes for another video game.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
@MirageofMadness: Asexual is when you can produce eggs (Like Godzilla in the Mathew Broderick Movie) without having a mate. They explained this in Yoshi's trophy by saying: 'There are no males or females'
]

Actually, that is true, also. I apologize for correcting you, I suppose I was thinking "asexual" as a term for human social behavior, rather than reproductive biology. I happen to know an "asexual" couple- the two people love each other, but do not feel the urge to have sex. Thats what I figured you meant.

LinkTer

Smash Cadet
Well Krystal would be good/cool as long as shes not a clone of fox and falco.
Plus i never was sure if jigglypuff was a boy or girl but i always leaned more toward thinking she was a girl so i hope she returns

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
The confirmed females are Samus and Zelda. The females I most want in Brawl include Peach, Nabooru, Krystal, Jody Summer, Jenna, Lyndis, and especially Ayra (although a FE non-Lord). Jody Summer will overtake Captain Falcon in speed.

Top Bottom