• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does being a "technical" falco mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
All the top pros are technical. They wouldn't be pro if they messed up L-cancels. It's the mindgames that set them apart. PC obviously has more mindgames, and his placing in MLGs proves that.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Hey Superryan, I'm not talking to you at all. So why don't you mind your own business? I'm saying why don't they record a friendly (Which is with anyone) of them being technical. Because friendlys don't matter. Its not tournament. And it really doesn't matter to me, it was a statement/question. I really don't care if they don't care what I think of them. I mean Hell lol, I said they are really good, I just don't think they're that technical. Its not like I'm saying their Falcos suck. They're mad good, but I wanted to see a video of them being technical. Where the hell are you getting the Idea they should make a video?

Invertigo, Shikamaru beat Temari who uses projectiles, which would fall under characters like Link, Samus, Peach or any other slow character that uses projectiles. Because Temari is really slow.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Nice reference Shiz. I prefer the manga though, as the voice actors just make me laugh too much.

In short:

Rock Lee=BombSoldier. Fast, and uses less mind games. Relies on solid combos that are time tested and proven to work. Fully implements various techniques into their overall aggressive game. While predictable yes, they still overwhelm the opponent.

Shikamaru=PC Chris. Has technical skill, perhaps as much as even someone like BombSoldier, but implements the use of mindgames more to land combos and finishing blows. Hardly predictable, and forces the opponent into mistakes or positioning through playing smart.

One can be both Smart and Technical.

EDIT:
@Shiz. Not to start a war, but technically our very own Falco uses a projectile. The only difference is well.... IT'S ABOSOLUTELY AWSOME!!

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
TheKneeOfJustice, your not starting a war lol. But I specifically pointed out Link, Peach and Samus and other slow characters. Because Falco isn't slow. And Temari was far from being fast.

Invertigo, Shikamaru beat Temari who uses projectiles, which would fall under characters like Link, Samus, Peach or any other slow character that uses projectiles. Because Temari is really slow.
I tried to make it clear that I said slow.

I really don't care from this point on really. IMO I have a different perspective on who is technical. Its up to you guys to think what you want. I'd think from my experience in actually being technical I'd know what I'm saying, lol.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
pc you should hang out here more often. things would be more interesting.

shiz wins the naruto reference battle lol.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Hey Superryan, I'm not talking to you at all. So why don't you mind your own business? I'm saying why don't they record a friendly (Which is with anyone) of them being technical. Because friendlys don't matter. Its not tournament. And it really doesn't matter to me, it was a statement/question. I really don't care if they don't care what I think of them. I mean Hell lol, I said they are really good, I just don't think they're that technical. Its not like I'm saying their Falcos suck. They're mad good, but I wanted to see a video of them being technical. Where the hell are you getting the Idea they should make a video?

Unless I missed something, I don't see any other forms of media that would show that they would be technical aside from a video, unless you can listen to a sound file or something and say they are technical.

I got the idea from when you said "They should record a friendly", and i didnt mean they dont care about what you think, i meant they dont care enough to prove anything

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i think the difference between the two is this

technical- relying completely on punishing the opponent for teching somewhere punishing them for the choices of moves or w/e they chose to do and punishing them for any mistakes.

mindgames- having a gameplan from the begginning putting pressure on your opponent forcing him into one situation that is unavoidable or very hard to get out of, resulting in making the opponents choices very minute.

this is my definition. being technical is using your opponents mistakes as your offense and mindgames is just basically being tricky and putting pressure on your opponent to make one move which you plan for them to do and punish them for it.

just my idea.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
This thread doesn't matter, I'm called awsome because my falco is awsome.

I'm like a P.C. and Bombsoldier fused! I'm that great, yes it's true.

Well, I'll put it this way, I play tricky until I hit my opponent, then become technical as all hell until they either recover somehow from my combo or I kill them. I do it instictively to be honest. The only way I noticed was watching my recorded matches. It's just my instinctive way of fighting, throw fakes here and there until you can catch them, light them up with a combo then back off and plan your next approach.

I think the trick is playing affectively until you hit them, after that, it's free game.

I believe everyone has their perfered style of play, we can all agree these guys are great falco players and play their own ways. I perfer to play very smart until I am in a situation where combos are accessible and a need to play at max speed in order to make my combo as affective as possible is required. Or you could call it "Burst Speed".

Some people use their technical skill in different ways, BS and shiz like their continuous. Forward and PC use theirs more wisely. I'm sure I'm not the only person to use his in short bursts. It's pretty easy to be technical in different ways.

conductor

Smash Rookie
Right, ok.

i think technical is the opposing force of mindgames, nemesises if you will.

Technical is all with fingers, Mindgames is all with your head, in my opinion.

I doubt your going to get a straight, concrete answer to this question though.
No offense intended, but I think this person looses. In my opinion, technical skill only compliments someone's skill in creating mindgames. If you have the ability to have complete control over your character then your ability to manipulate your opponent is vastly improved, simply because you can do what you want whenever you want to. This is why Bombsoldier, PC, Shiz and others are so well known. Technical skill may be a finite thing, as in it may be simply the fact that you can perform move X perfectly, but I hate it when people seperate mind games and technical skill. Seriously, take writing. You can just say, "Well I know what I want to say, so I'm a good writer." But what good is knowing what you want to write if yo don't know the alphabet. I believe the same principal applies to smash (And many other things). Technical skill and mind game skill may be two seperate categories, but it is retarted to seperate the two in my opinion. that's like lining up for a race and just before the gun sounds chopping off one of your legs. In short, technical skill -is- how well you can perform technical moves, but it makes no sense to me why so many of you downplay it the way you do.

kidprecision

Smash Apprentice
Simply put: A technical falco is one that uses falcos techniques alot in their game. Alot of shine comboing for instance.

conductor

Smash Rookie
Wouldn't it be interesting to apply the term technical to a player, rather than a specific character? I mean, any character I play as I will always WD in a fight. I will always L-cancel my aeriels. It's something I do out of habit now. I think B-Will has a good point. Just because I don't do consecutive JCS in the middle of a match doesn't mean I couldn't. But I certainly l-cancel all my aeriels. So why is being a "Technical Falco" based in any way on your style of play? Some players don't see the need to use some moves in some matches. I do not believe they are less technical because of this choice.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Nice reference Shiz. I prefer the manga though, as the voice actors just make me laugh too much.

In short:

Rock Lee=BombSoldier, Fast, and uses less mind games. Relies on solid combos that are time tested and proven to work. Fully implements various techniques into their overall aggressive game. While predictable yes, they still overwhelm the opponent.

Shikamaru=PC Chris. Has technical skill, perhaps as much as even someone like BombSoldier, but implements the use of mindgames more to land combos and finishing blows. Hardly predictable, and forces the opponent into mistakes or positioning through playing smart.

One can be both Smart and Technical.

EDIT:
@Shiz. Not to start a war, but technically our very own Falco uses a projectile. The only difference is well.... IT'S ABOSOLUTELY AWSOME!!
Not trying to be gay here and this may be a lil off subject too.

Rock Lee = Bombsoldier, DaShizWiz
Shikamaru = PC Chris, Forward

Naruto = average Falco player
Naruto (NineTailed Fox form) (Kyubi) = ......................... UNBEATABLE. lol

Sorry I love Naruto. Continue on.

forward

Smash Champion
LOL foward is hilarious. but u guys forgot about mofo =(
I hope to some day have a falco like this guy's

I wanna play shiz and give him the same *** whoopin caveman gave me and i passed on to pc

one day i'm gonna make a combo vid where i choose the combos and it will be nothing but 5 minutes of up throw into f smash on fox

being technical is also known as playing dumb, you're simply hoping that your opponent has bad defense and doesn't know what to do when a falco shl's and shuffles them. c'mon people this has been around for 5 years now i hope you know what to do by now

i think if shiz played taj's mewtwo he'd get 4 stocked or pretty close

don't get me wrong tho shiz is pretty good......... speaking of florida falcos what ever happened to flowin water?

Deep Thoughts - by jack handy... i mean forward

South_Paw

Smash Ace
i kinda agree... falco cant really get away with being only technical. fox can in some cases, but falco just isnt technically complete enough to do it... and there are people that can take advantage of those imperfections (cough* HUGS* cough)...

there are only certain characters that you can just go all out technical on and not get ***** for, like yoshi... but thats not really enough

and yes, tony's mewtwo... causes depression.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend

I wanna play shiz and give him the same *** whoopin caveman gave me and i passed on to pc

one day i'm gonna make a combo vid where i choose the combos and it will be nothing but 5 minutes of up throw into f smash on fox

being technical is also known as playing dumb, you're simply hoping that your opponent has bad defense and doesn't know what to do when a falco shl's and shuffles them. c'mon people this has been around for 5 years now i hope you know what to do by now

don't get me wrong tho shiz is pretty good......... speaking of florida falcos what ever happened to flowin water?

Deep Thoughts - by jack handy... i mean forward
forward's true intent making this thread comes out

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion

I've already gotten that *** whoopin by PC at FC6. He opened my eyes, I get what your saying though. And I would love to play you. I am pretty confident in Falco dittos.

Really? You think I'd get 4 stocked by Taj's mewtwo? Why do you think that? I admit I have no practice vs Mewtwo, but I know what to do vs Mewtwo from your vids.

And FlowinWater hasn't been to many tournies rescently. The best Florida Falcos are me and Lambchops. I would love for you to play Lambchops also.

Wrath`

Smash Master
M3rc I care because the better you can be with falco the more you can outshine fox and have enough popularity so falco will come back:mad:
Dangiti I should of quoted who I was replying to sorry

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
if this really is a battle between forawrd and shiz, please settle it via pm's, AIM, or whatever else there is. other than that situation, this is quite the thought-provoking thread lol.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
FALCO CREW WILL DESTROY ALL OPPOSITION!

Oh man, seeing all the masters on one roster would be amazing. Other than that, yea, the title for second US falco is undetermined if I'm correct. There are so manny highly skilled players right up there on the same echelon. I'd love to see who comes out on top.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Forward, I don't need an *** whoopin. All I said was what I thought of who was Technical and who wasn't. I didn't say anything about better. What If I whooped your *** in a Falco ditto? What would you say then?

I think Taj could 2 stock me at Max. And I think I could get a couple of wins against his Mewtwo. Just because he plays with you doesn't mean every other Falco would get *****.

So theres really no need to say I'd get 4 stocked by Taj or that you could whoop my ***. Even though I really don't think you could whoop my *** in a Falco ditto. I'd think they'd be pretty even. You have a smart Falco(This is a compliment), thats the harder part of trouble I would have with you.

takieddine

Smash Master
A perfect falco has the technical skill to back up good mindgames...

Like P.C. (from the vids i've seen anyways)...

He can do a devestating combo whenever, but only does it when the time is right, he knows when to back away and when to be agressive...

Now on the opposide side of the technical spectrum you have those who mindlessly approach, usually with very repetitive methods...

then you have those who are the "mindgame" type who would only counter attack wait and punish type of style.

forward

Smash Champion
Man now everywhere I go/
I mean like everywhere I be/
I hear hoes runnin' they mouth/
You should hear how they talk about me/

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Guys, I don't have a problem with Forward. Even though I would really love to MM him.

Edit: Ok guys, my bad for the trouble I've caused on this thread. To redo some stuff I've said, I'll just say.

Most technical Falcos: Forward, BS, PC, and me.

Great vids vs Ken, besides that last one Forward.

Now I really want to MM you.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
I would like to MM Foward, PC and Shiz.
So that I can end all of this and everyone would be like, K.C.'s falco kicks so much ***.

PC, are you goin to EGL man? That'd be awsome.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Being a technical Falco means you can tech when someone hits you and you slam into the ground. lolz

Every good Falco is technical.

End of story

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
Forward, I don't need an *** whoopin. All I said was what I thought of who was Technical and who wasn't. I didn't say anything about better. What If I whooped your *** in a Falco ditto? What would you say then?

I think Taj could 2 stock me at Max. And I think I could get a couple of wins against his Mewtwo. Just because he plays with you doesn't mean every other Falco would get *****.

So theres really no need to say I'd get 4 stocked by Taj or that you could whoop my ***. Even though I really don't think you could whoop my *** in a Falco ditto. I'd think they'd be pretty even. You have a smart Falco(This is a compliment), thats the harder part of trouble I would have with you.
agreed

Man now everywhere I go/
I mean like everywhere I be/
I hear hoes runnin' they mouth/
You should hear how they talk about me/
Well ur not really that good..:ohwell::) lol just messin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom