• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does being a "technical" falco mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I think its more of something like he wanted to prove that the term is mindlessly thrown around.

So a technical Falco is a falco who sucks against marth and samus? lol

M3RC

Smash Apprentice
M3rc I care because the better you can be with falco the more you can outshine fox and have enough popularity so falco will come back:mad:
Dangiti I should of quoted who I was replying to sorry
I dont know about you but I wouldnt want my main character to be the most popular. Id prefer Falco was in the same boat as Mewtwo, actually. I was just saying that this discussion is pointless and void because being technical does not necessarily determine the most important factor: a win.

D1

Banned via Administration
Man now everywhere I go/
I mean like everywhere I be/
I hear hoes runnin' they mouth/
You should hear how they talk about me/

LMAO thats one of my fave 50 cent songs u shoulda had that song playing in ur combo vid 4word RoFL!

chewchachoman

Smash Rookie
How bout some links to some youtube videos.

Some showing an example of a technical falco and another showing a mind game falco.

The Noodle

Smash Cadet
Oh my god people... it's not a one-or-the-other thing. If you can consistently do Falcos advanced techniques and the common advanced techniques in the game, then you have a technical understanding of the character. Mindgames have nothing to do with technical skill! They are not directly related! -_-

Does anyone not understand this?

How often a person chooses to push their technical skills when they do not already have the advantage may get them labeled as being overly "technical". However you can't really say what they were thinking when they went all out techno, so labeling them as either a "technical" or "mindgame" player is ultimately fruitless.

Whatever, I'll shutup now.

btw, I skipped all the posts after page 2. lolz

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should."

Forward and PC are more than capable of operating at Falco's top speed, but they choose not to because it is the way they prefer to play. To say they aren't "technical" is to imply that they can't function at higher speeds than they currently like to. They simply choose to conserve their

The difference between the "technical" Falco and the "mindgames" Falco is this: a "technical" Falco wants to paralyze the opponent by being too fast for him to respond. The "mindgames" Falco wants the opponent to be mentally paralyzed so he feels like wherever he goes, the Falco knows what he's doing and just stops it cold.

As the term is thrown around, "technical" Falco is used and misused so often that it hardly means anything. It also implies that a Falco has to choose between being fast and being intelligent, when the best players are a combination of both.

Oh, earlier somebody was talking about technical skill being related to mindgames and said they weren't related at all. Somebody else said they were opposites. Both of those statements are just flat-out wrong.

Without mindgames, your technical skill becomes worthless as your competition gets better. It doesn't matter if you can throw Rock, Paper and Scissors if you always pick rock.

Without technical skill, you have fewer options and less opportunities to use "mindgames." It doesn't matter if I know what you're going to throw if the only move I can make is paper. You will realize this and slaughter me.

I think people should stop dividing people into "technical" and "mindgamey." Those two skills play off each other in critical ways, and trying to segregate them is not just pointless, but it will limit your understanding of this game.

/rant

The Noodle

Smash Cadet
If you were referring to me Phoenix, I said they weren't directly related. There is a difference. Although the preceding sentence to that one might have been slightly misleading as to what I was ultimately trying to get across. I completely agree with what you're saying, however. Just read my post again. The message is there, I think.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
*randomly joins the thread*
P.C has the tech skill.
just watch him play fox and spam SHL and shffled nairs fast and flawlessly. he does just what is necessary.
to me a technical falco is a falco that does lots of techincal show off stuff like JC'ed shines etc.
a technical falco has necessarly good tech skill, but if a falco isnt technical it doesnt mean he doesnt have good tech skill

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
*randomly joins the thread*
P.C has the tech skill.
just watch him play fox and spam SHL and shffled nairs fast and flawlessly. he does just what is necessary.
to me a technical falco is a falco that does lots of techincal show off stuff like JC'ed shines etc.
a technical falco has necessarly good tech skill, but if a falco isnt technical it doesnt mean he doesnt have good tech skill
^^ ummmm. right...:confused: ....peace

-hiroshi
uber-worst fl smasher

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Wobbles, I agree with you 150%. But in my honest opinion, I don't think Forward or P.C. could most at Falcos Maximum speed. Most people who don't main Falco and go just by videos, don't know what they're talking about. Whoever here thinks that anyone could be technical, or move at the characters maximum speed, try it. I doubt 9/10 of you can't move at the maximum speed. The only people in my mind, that have a chance at moving at Falco's maximum speed is if they play Fox or Captain Falcon.

Like watch this video, its of my Fox. Try moving the same speed(Anyone that thinks they can move the maximum speed, or thinks they are fast), and thats not even Fox's maximum speed. And I wasn't even going the maximum speed I could go. I don't use Fox that seriously though.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aA1STBWtjnc
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wq5KNJVpYWY

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Nice fox man you do have quick fingers. haha. I can totally relate to you though because I main captain falcon and I play a near frame perfect falcon. My falco is pretty fast. And my fox is ok it's a little slow and is a wii bit sloppy. I'm having troubles adjusting do to his faster moves. haha. But the whole reason I'm playing fox is to improve my falco because if I get all the tech down as fast as I possibly can my falco will improve drastically. I need to make sure I don't get 4th next time T_T and actually get some cash lol.

AS Money

Smash Lord
man i just wana say dope has been said once by forward who is the only one who makes sence i wana see shiz play him and have dope walk around at falcos min speed and still pull off great **** then turn on the speed and break teh sheild

Bones0

Smash Legend
Not that it is right, but when I hear "technical Falco", I think of a player who puts tech skill ahead of mindgames. Each side has advantages obviously. A technical Falco can pull off combos flawlessly but that is basically all they do, start combos with aggressiveness and end them with little to no creativity. Non-technical Falcos, while they can probably pull off combos just as sick, they are more worried about faking out their opponent or being creative to throw their opponent off mentally, rather than just plowing through the match with combo after combo.

pdk

Smash Lord
you wanna know what technical falcos get? okay, son, i'll tell ya:

groupies.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Forward = good, JBM= better than forward, as in i'd stomp you(j/k) shiz = idk how good but looks great in vids, dope = a little bit better than forward, well idk how much better but better( no offense forward). PC = best falco out their? easily.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol shiz, stop trying to be cool and doing FoD lowered-platform tricks, that **** is worthless.
Haha, somewhat true. I try to do the FoD lowered platform tricks and platform tricks in general. It builds up good damage, if I can hit it right :chuckle:. But I'm not to good with Fox, I need to keep practicing with him. My Fox has gotten much better since then though lol, my bros Doc owns Foxes.

Thanks h1roshi. Lol, they do look cool.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol...I'm pretty sure forward was joking about that, shiz, seeing that he invented that trick on FoD. It's too good; if you have the chance to mindgame an opponent into setting himself up for it, then do it.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol, I never knew he invented that. But I did notice that my friend Lambchops was talking about how awesome the matches Forward vs PC were, and then he taught me the double dair and double other stuff lol.

Learn something new Forward so I can copy it.

Edit: I might be going to Innsomnia? Is that what its called? And if your there lets get in some Falco dittos. So after 3 matches I counter you with your own style(Lol, j/k.)

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I don't know, but he said he saw a set of you vs PC. And he was talking to me about how good your Falco was and stuff. I don't know if he saw you in person or on vids or something, but he said he saw a set of you vs PC. And I realized after that he had been learning new stuff, so he teaches me almost everything I know. But I just do it faster, and during better situations and applying them much better. But I wouldn't of thought that he got it from you. Like we were talking about you at a smashfest rescently in december, and we were saying how you were one of the best Falco dittoist we thought. And then he said, his playing style is similar to yours. And I was like, wow I think the same thing, that my playstyle is similar to forwards. And then he said that he learned alot of stuff from Forward, and at that time I was learning new stuff from Lambchops, he learned it from you. Rofl.

I think he might of saw the set of you vs PC in person. I'ma ask him.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
A perfect example of technical Falco is Bombsoldier. Brute speed and force, honed to perfection. It's like overclocking your computer, except you're overclocking Falco.

I stopped reading right there.

Dear god i'm laughing my *** off.

. . .. no im not on crack and saying bombsoldier is bad or anything, that's just a frickin hilarious comparison.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wobbles, I agree with you 150%. But in my honest opinion, I don't think Forward or P.C. could most at Falcos Maximum speed. Most people who don't main Falco and go just by videos, don't know what they're talking about. Whoever here thinks that anyone could be technical, or move at the characters maximum speed, try it. I doubt 9/10 of you can't move at the maximum speed. The only people in my mind, that have a chance at moving at Falco's maximum speed is if they play Fox or Captain Falcon.

Like watch this video, its of my Fox. Try moving the same speed(Anyone that thinks they can move the maximum speed, or thinks they are fast), and thats not even Fox's maximum speed. And I wasn't even going the maximum speed I could go. I don't use Fox that seriously though.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aA1STBWtjnc
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wq5KNJVpYWY
I can move faster then that with fox >_>...And yes I'm a fox main...Also I don't even really play falco but I can Infinite JC shine almost 10 times in a row everytime I do it..is that technical? lols. Playing a fast falco is easy. I have to move my fingers faster when playing Samus then falco >_>.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
samus is alot faster than most people think. he just floats slow. i play with one of the best samuses (azeem) and its definitely not slow.

lexxil

Smash Apprentice
for me, nearly every good Falco is technical Falco ( putting PC Chris in the "Mindgame Falco" let me think hes some sort of Masashi Falco rofl).
For me a pure technical Falco is also very styled, offensive with Doubleshines, special effects , immense combo knowledge and stuff like that

only my 2 cents... and also I havnt got thaat big SSBM knowledge... xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom