• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Do YOU Want From EVO?

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
I want to see Ken get destroyed by M2K. Although Ken was like the king, and i highly respect him, its fun to see the champ get whooped!

It would be nice to see Ken win though

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
First and foremost, I want Melee to become a respected community in the FGC, become a regular at future EVO events and get legitimate sponsor backing for larger regional and national tournaments with higher payouts. I guess the most I can ask for is that everything runs smoothly and the Smash community shows it's good side in front of the biggest crowd in all of competitive fighting games. Secondly, I want everyone to have that "Go for the Gold" mentality. I wouldn't really call it "playing to win" but more of a desire to be the one on top of the results list when it's all said and done. I'm hoping that everyone that's participating is hungry for a championship win whether your name is Dr. PeePee or randomscrub87562; Go for it all! Basically, I want everyone to be try their best and be at the top of their game; hopefully that's not too much to ask Finally, let's avoid doing stupid stuff the rest of the FGC will be watching us like lions in the Savannah and will pounce on any minor indiscretion that we may exhibit. This isn't a regional, this tournament is about more than you and for the sake of the game I'm begging you not to pull stupid ****.

Other than that there are too many dream matches for me to list and I'm sure I'll be happy with the tournament regardless of the matches as long as the above criteria is met. I do, however, want a legitimate crew battle. Not sure how it would work but someone should organize draft crews. Have two captains, each captain drafts a team of 8 smashers. Both captains may draft any smasher that's going to EVO regardless of geographical origin or anything like that, because seriously folks the East Coast v West Coast war ended in 1996. Oh also, put some money on the line for the crew battle so it actually means something and people don't screw around during it.

Oh and the two most important things I want from Evo are: I want prog to ask "Is this what you wanted from Evo?!?" as often as possible. I want him to look into the camera and ask me that question with every opportunity that he gets and I want Dr. PeePee to look like he's enjoying himself for one set (he did this for me at Apex, I know he can do it again.)

One more thing: Mango, Mew2king play better goddammit!

Ayala2020

Smash Rookie
All I want
-Mango to take the tournament with an exciting Grand Finals against M2K
-The recognition that melee deserves :estatic:
-hyped matches!
-some good commentating (Wobbles, Prog, etc.)

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
all i want
shiz mango falco dittos GF
HMW+PHIL on da mic gettin off

and a marth crew battle featuring VGBC_Mew2King, CT_PewPewU, CT_Dr.****, TeeAyyyyyyyyyyeEye
Tajssj2(the Taj's crazy hyrule adventure) mango and lucky marths, ken marth, azen and every dope marth

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
pp got so rediculously good after a few nationals and now he has cemented himself as a top 3 easily
really wanna see a pp m2k of course (who doesnt lose their **** every m2kmd set)
a pp mango( this time with no cs johns)
and another pp armada, pp armada GFs are so amazing

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I am personally hoping for an unforgettable tournament experience, an extremely hype finals day, and a proper sendoff as I retire from Melee forever.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I want to put faces on all of the great people I have met online.
I want to meet people from all of the smash communities that I have not yet come into contact with.
I want an unforgettable tournament experience, the best I've had in my life.
I want to see unforgettable, epic tournament sets.
I want to leave a good impression of the smash community with the FGC.
I want to improve.
I want to win.
I want to have fun.
I want to hang out and unwind with people after a great event.
I want to see a country I've never been to.

Most importantly, I want people to RSVP.

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
I want to meet people from all of the smash communities that I have not yet come into contact with.
I want to improve.
I want to win.
I want to have fun.

best post ever no lie
thats something you'd see in a Kellogg's commercial :) GGs and keep streaming with Fuzzy

Kayo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiddKayo
3DS FC
0989-3028-4971
I want to see Ken get destroyed by M2K. Although Ken was like the king, and i highly respect him, its fun to see the champ get whooped!

It would be nice to see Ken win though
I like this. I think Marth dittos with m2k and ken would be pretty hype.

Rood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rood2790
Personally I would like to see a hype money match of M2K VS. Ken. Best of 7 Marth dittos the whole way! But in reality I would just like to see the FGC recognize us as a legit fighting game.

strawhats

Smash Master
Forgive the ignorance but how many entrants does marvel expect to get or usually get on a norm for Evo

strawhats

Smash Master
Holy **** that's alot of people. I wanna say we could get that amount of people to a tournament as huge as Evo someday. But that's a bit of a stretch. We definitely would have to have almost like every Top/High/Mi/Low level player from everywhere in the U.S. plus Europe/Japan present. Still sucks armada won't be there but Ken will (the irony). With all that being said I definitely think melee can clock in like 450/500 people. Maybe 600 if the community is SUPER AMBITIOUS.​

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Those numbers are high for FGC too. Capcom games pull in the people. Hopefully we can get KOF13 or Persona 4 arena numbers at least.

edit: I bet we beat MK9 free.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I want to improve.
I want to win.
I want to have fun.

This should be the main post for EVO. So much truth and so much hype

Also, to Strongbad, it is mostly impossible to retire from this game, see almost everyone

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
no lie my top 5 that i want to win so bad are: hax, axe, ppu, westballz, mango
these guys put in hella work and i want mango to beat m2k in GF and then have an epic showdown with armada in a bo30 final boss

Snu?

Smash Rookie
It would be great to see Axe, Shroomed or Hax take this. These guys have been in the top 10 for a while now without seeing any big tourney wins. I love seeing an underdog take home the gold. And some love for the non-American players: Gucci, Ice, Javi and Unknown (if he can settle his temper) hopefully make bracket at the very least. Maybe Lord HDL can make some noise too. Who knows.

strawhats

Smash Master
i want PPU javi or ice to win
I also want PPU to win...he's got a few obstables to work through though. First of course he's got beat the top 4(damnit armada why u no go to EVO) aka PP, Mango, M2K, Hbox( hopefully we'll see how kevin does vs Juan at NCR this coming weekend). PPU might need to go through axe as well and Axe is too ridiculous vs marth. Maybe PPU will be the first marth to do it (still wanna see PP's marth vs axe's pika( I still don't believe the Pika/Marth MU disparity hype. PPU seems to have MU vs. Shroomed's doc on lock but will need to be able to beat his sheik(which I've seen him beat like over a 1.5 ago, beating both his sheik/doc in the same set). In fact PPU just needs to get more comfortable vs sheik cause if has to play Ice(quit marth and even if he still mained marth doesn't like to ditto people), M2K, Amsah(maybe...I hope), KK(U going to Evo?. Wish PPU had beaten Otto at Apex, so we could see PPU vs KK) he'll be in for some problems. Last but not least, K. Toy needs to learn from his sets against Wobbles/Fly (even though he beat fly last year, it could've gone either way). I think PPU can do it. Go gettem PPU
I would also like to see Calle W, Jeapie, Zgetto, and maybe Amsah (I miss the green sheik) come to the U.S. for some their first time and others a welcomed return to the states.
P.S. Javi needs to get used to fighting U.S. floaties/wierd characters at top level, before he makes noise here. I still think Wobbles, Dajuan, Axe, and Hbox would beat him. Hope he proves me wrong though. I love his fox.
Ice is probably the sexiest shiek I've seen, since Amsah.

Top Bottom