• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you prefer Team Battle or Basic Brawl?

Star-Fox09

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone I have a question.....
what do you prefer team battle or basic brawl or even watching a match on spectator mode? Tell why.

I prefer Basic brawl because im independent when it comes to either team battle or basic brawl. wouldn't want me on your team. but even though im on teams i still help out.

But on team battles you have to help out or your team mate will leave the team and group.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
I prefer team battle. There are a lot less taunt parties, and you have a much better chance of actually finding a "decent" group, or at least one person who's "almost good." There's also a "team vs basic" thread about 4-5 threads down from this, so please check what's already being discussed before starting another one of these

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Team Battle because:

Less taunt matches
Less lag (Dunno why)
More serious players
Less chaotic
Easy to focus (You target 2 players instead of 3)

Only bad thing is that it's less played then Basic Brawl and getting a AFK player as a partner suuuuucckksssssss............

Johnny Pteran

Smash Journeyman
Basic Brawl. Taunt parties are fun, there are less serious players, it's more chaotic, and it's more fun overall to go into a group of people and start swinging.

Linkismyfavorite

Smash Cadet
2-3 players on any level free-for-all and/or 4 players team battle, unless on a big level like Temple. If it was 4 people free-for-all and on a small battling area then it would be too intense.

Luur3

Smash Journeyman
Usually Team Battle when im tryin to actually work on my skills
Basic Brawl to develop some skills on a new alt or occasionally screw around in a taunt party
Spectator to blow off some steam if people are taunt partying when im actually trying

Star-Fox09

Smash Rookie
Team Battle because:

Less taunt matches
Less lag (Dunno why)
More serious players
Less chaotic
Easy to focus (You target 2 players instead of 3)

Only bad thing is that it's less played then Basic Brawl and getting a AFK player as a partner suuuuucckksssssss............
Yeah, and from smash boards there's alot of pros on Team battle.

FredTHAreD

Smash Cadet
I prefer team battles. FFA's can be full of so much nonsense these days. I usually only go there when I'm bored, and want to mess around.

In a team battle, if your partner is good, you can each split up and each take one opponent. And if he's not that good, you have to be a better team mate, and provide support. I find it more serious of battle.

Ultimately though, the best thing is vs a friend.

FrozenHarpie

Smash Rookie
Team Battle. I don't usually get an AFK or n00by partner. I always have a harder time getting Basic Brawl matches to even start.

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
In basic brawl you can antagonize a taunt party into a man hunt. with everyone changing characters you can blend in and keep the charade until 30 seconds on the clock.

team battle you have to wait until you meet 3 other people, which rarely happens (to me).

the one thing i hate is in basic brawl, when they bring in computer players. its like brawling offline but with the lag. (just as almost stated above)

Dark Mew

Smash Cadet
Team Battle. Everything seems easier and more fun.

the one thing i hate is in basic brawl, when they bring in computer players. its like brawling offline but with the lag. (just as almost stated above)
And this.

And noobs control Basic Brawl.

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
Basic. When I play team I always get someone who knows how to play and then I get owned because they're on the other team 80% of the time, and I get a nub. On basic I can paunch spam and win :/

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
I think i prefer basic Brawl over team battles. Although the thing i dont like with basic Brawls is that you sometimes get in a battle CPUs. I mean Wi-fi is for battling real people not CPUs which you can fight anytime. Well team Battles are fun but sometimes you get a partner who sucks or then their not on their Wii:ohwell:

Bob Jane T-Mart

Smash Ace
Team Battle. I don't usually get an AFK or n00by partner. I always have a harder time getting Basic Brawl matches to even start.
Maybe it's cause everybody is on Team Battles.

I like team battles with friends, that you can talk to, so you can tell each other what your going to do and what they should do about it. But Team Battles are cool online, because it is less chaotic, but if you have a team member who is a a n00b or is AFK it is really annoying.

Basic Brawls are okay, but often the stages turn out to be the one you don't want. It is also very hectic in Basic Brawls, unless it's a Taunt Party.

Overall Team Battles are better. But I think Nintendo could have made a better online service, so that you can chose which game you are joining, or which team battle, with names so you can become friends. There also should be a Matchmaking service, so you can play people of equal skill..

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I hate team battle waiting rooms but love when you actually get to fight people in it. I'd have to say Basic brawls waiting takes less time

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Maybe it's cause everybody is on Team Battles.

I like team battles with friends, that you can talk to, so you can tell each other what your going to do and what they should do about it. But Team Battles are cool online, because it is less chaotic, but if you have a team member who is a a n00b or is AFK it is really annoying.

Basic Brawls are okay, but often the stages turn out to be the one you don't want. It is also very hectic in Basic Brawls, unless it's a Taunt Party.

Overall Team Battles are better. But I think Nintendo could have made a better online service, so that you can chose which game you are joining, or which team battle, with names so you can become friends. There also should be a Matchmaking service, so you can play people of equal skill..
Sorry for the double post but holy hell this guy has it right about the online service and everything else he said too, that's exactly what nintendo needs o do about the wifi, and if you go beyond a sertain point of skill you ahve the 2 frame delay taken off becasue that's effing annoying and I personally only think that it's another of Sakurai's great ways to make Brawl less competative, to add a second delay or whatever it is to wifi so people aren't having tourniments over the interwebs or owning new players hardcore whichever you may be doing.

Smash_Of_Fate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Babael_Of_Fate
3DS FC
1134-7601-5121
Team battle for me. I hate it when tuant parties randomly start or it's all of a sudden 3 on 1 matches for basic. Though I must admit the 3 on 1 is very challenging. I managed to win some times but those are rare of course.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Team Battle, easily.
Fewer taunt parties, someone to help, people can't win with Ike EVERY time.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
noneof the above :) I prefer playing with friends because you know when they are coming and don't have to go make a sandwich and end up losing a game or two because your afw ( Away from wii) you can do either a team battle or a FFA. srsly it's got it all :)

DennisTheKing

Smash Cadet
The One thing i Don't Get is Why Doesn't Nintendo create another room in basic brawl? Like 1v1 and ffa? I mean you know how great it would be if there were 1v1 Basic Brawls????? I'd Love it!

But until that happens...i must say Team Battle>Basic Brawl.

Top Bottom