• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what do you hate about wolf?

Wolf93

Smash Apprentice
belfast but orginally from the Isle of Man
i hate his final Smash i think i should have been something like goku's keo ken move from dragon ball z where wolf goes into a feral rage and slashes and punches the opponent like hell into the air and uses a move like his down air and smashes them straight into the ground and they hit the ground so hard they bounce back high and getting star KO'd

Takua1

Smash Rookie
NNID
keattz
3DS FC
4682-8726-4214
Landmaster can definitely earn more kills than what is basically Ike's final smash.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Wolf93, that's... That's going a little too far with the feral thing. I'd much prefer the Wolfen.

Anyway, as for the topic, there is pretty much one thing holding Wolf back. Well, two.

One, his edge sweetspot is so small. Of course, if it was widened, then Scarring would be impossible, but, to put it in lazy terms, recovery ability >>>>> Scarring.

That, and how you can't move an INCH for a good second after his Up B. It's either sweetspot the edge or g'bye.

Wolf93

Smash Apprentice
Wolf93, that's... That's going a little too far with the feral thing. I'd much prefer the Wolfen.

Anyway, as for the topic, there is pretty much one thing holding Wolf back. Well, two.

One, his edge sweetspot is so small. Of course, if it was widened, then Scarring would be impossible, but, to put it in lazy terms, recovery ability >>>>> Scarring.

That, and how you can't move an INCH for a good second after his Up B. It's either sweetspot the edge or g'bye.
i prefer the wolfen as well but i wanted to try coming up with a different idea for wolfs final smash as most people come up with wolfens and i didn't want to copy someones else's idea.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Mm, true. Still, what else would it be?

...But then... It'd just be similar to what Falco could get.

Maybe it would be the Star Wolf team instead of just the Wolfen...

Eh, not the place. The other thing I want to fix about Wolf?

His Down Taunt. Seriously. A GROWL?

Huh.

Loup17

Smash Apprentice
aw, patinator, you stole my idea... sorta... i thought of a pretty cool final smash using the Star Wolf team, but like you said, not the place.

also, i like wolf's down taunt, i just wish it sounded like an actual growl instead of some weird noise.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I've never heard of you. Didn't know you thought of it. :p

Be nice if they did an actual recording of a wolf growling for Wolf's Down Taunt. O_O I'd use it every five seconds lol.

Wolf93

Smash Apprentice
Mm, true. Still, what else would it be?

...But then... It'd just be similar to what Falco could get.

Maybe it would be the Star Wolf team instead of just the Wolfen...

Eh, not the place. The other thing I want to fix about Wolf?

His Down Taunt. Seriously. A GROWL?

Huh.
how about this for his final smash
Sargasso Attack force-Wolf jumps into his wolfen and flies from one side of the stage to the other side firering his lazers with the rest of Star Wolf and the criminals from the Sargasso hideout behind him doing the same. how bout that for his final smash.

Redemption

Smash Cadet
I main several people but my main mains in singles remain olimar and wolf, and both have terrible recovery. I'd say wolf's is on par with olimar or even WORSE. No matter how gimpable olimar is, he has options (throw purple pikmin at him, try to make it over...) Plus, if someone isn't edgeguarding you then it is guaranteed to grab the stage, which makes spiking a joke with olimar.

Wolf on the other hand doesn't need to be gimped, you just get gimp yourself. that whole bouncing off when using wolf flash throws me off all the time because I was already planning ahead, and it has resulted in my death on FD because i had moved a bit while dropping down and got stuck. He has a spike, which is removed unless you like to be risky. And I have yet to understand why he just drops down after his up b, without getting any horizontal momentum.

This of course is on FD, where my wolf gets gimped soooo many times. It's a shame because put wolf on yoshi's island and my lord.... You gain your entire spike game, your recovery is suddenly godly, and you become confident chasing your opponents off screen.

KurageWolf

Smash Rookie
I'd make wolf flash a straight attack. Going at an angle is awesome, but it can be done other ways.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
I dislike his falling speed. It's bad enough that his recovery limits his options off the stage, but his falling speed only makes things much worse.

But other than that, I like Wolf and I'm never maining another character.

Stalfoe

Smash Apprentice
Every time I pick up Wolf I'm like "Oh wow, well this guy should be my main why do I never stick with him?" and then I use his ^B and I'm like "oh right..."

napZzz

Smash Hero
because I get to face tons of noobs where their strategy is fsmash fsmash fsmash fsmash dsmash laser laser laser repeat

Olimarman

Smash Ace
the only thing that kinda bothers me is that his >B goes on a upward tilt, not just straight across.
If his side b went horizontal like Fox and Falco, it would be ridiculously overpowered since sweetspotting it would be easy, plus with its angle it makes a good recovery option even if your a little under the stage.

But overall his recovery. His edge grabbing range is ridiculously small. Other than that hes a really solid character.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
I dislike his falling speed. It's bad enough that his recovery limits his options off the stage, but his falling speed only makes things much worse.

But other than that, I like Wolf and I'm never maining another character.
I find wolf's fall speed to actually give him an advantage. It makes him much quicker in the air. It does make his recovery harder but not much.

Recovery ability = scarring. Wolf's forward b is a superior recovery unless you're directly under the stage. Just hold down as you go by the ledge and you can scar pretty much every time.

What I do hate about Wolf is that he has to be in the same game as Pit and ICs.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
There's not much to change, Wolf is perfect in almost everyway. All he needs is more DI from the recovery(if you say his recovery sucks go put a Wii Mote on vibrate and shove it) and get a better u tilt juggle.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
At first for me it was his recovery, but one you know the best areas to recover and the best circumstances for which recovery you can not only Recover very easily, but you gain more off stage options including his spike game as well as making a crazy anit edge-guarding tool.

Now though I'd say his voice, I want his 64 voice back so bad (btw i'm new to the Wolf boards, recently decided to main him, so sup fellow Wolf players)

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Didn't Wolf have a british accent back then. Now its a country accent I think correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't play much SF games. I just heard about that

ChaoticSamus

Smash Apprentice
I dislike how Wolf's side taunt doesnt sound like his voice. If you're gonna make him use the same voice for everything.

I also hate how like he has no DI after his B up. Hell if I miss the stage my a little I cant DI towards it til about 1 second after which blows.

The last thing I hate is his final smash. Its not that I dont like it cuz its awesome but I think each of the Landmaster's should have gotten something special

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I dislike how Wolf's side taunt doesnt sound like his voice. If you're gonna make him use the same voice for everything.

I also hate how like he has no DI after his B up. Hell if I miss the stage my a little I cant DI towards it til about 1 second after which blows.

The last thing I hate is his final smash. Its not that I dont like it cuz its awesome but I think each of the Landmaster's should have gotten something special
What's the matter, scared?

I agree, but still I am one of the best recoverers with Wolf. http://youtube.com/watch?v=CkOfPnA-R00 Check the last tidbit.

They're all different. Falco's sucks on ground, but can go up high. Fox is great on ground, and is pretty neutral. Wolf has less time, but is much more powerful and lacks in no department.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Alrighty then...

- He'd be even cooler if he was a girl wolf [/thereisatotallackofshewolvesinvideogames], IF it was done right.
- All of his team save for Leon pisses me off. Ditch Krystal for a she-wolf and Panther for...some other animal, as long as the personality isn't lame.
- On one hand the feral thing is pretty cool, but on the other hand it's dangerously close to "LOOK AT ME, I'M JUNGLE BOY!"
- And I'll agree that his recovery = LAME-O.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
The English name of his up-B.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I agree on the final smash, there are so many better ideas than simply having another landmaster.

Definitely have to do something about the recovery since its just to easy to gimp.

Lastly, the speed that he falls. Sure it can be used to an advantage but when you want to go get a spike, you really are limited since you may go down with them or get gimp by trying to recover.

Top Bottom