• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what do you hate about wolf?

Takua1

Smash Rookie
NNID
keattz
3DS FC
4682-8726-4214
"His Final Smash"

Whether or not it's used by two other characters, if used correctly it can easily score 2 KOs on an opponent.

"His side special, the upward tilt"

The upward tilt is great. How many other moves do you have that hit an opponent that's airborne and horizontally spaced? Short hop + blaster and Fire Wolf? Side smash should suffice for hitting opponents horizontally.

"Fire Wolf's sweet spot size and it's lack of DI for ~1 second"

Yes.

SUB_ZERO

Smash Apprentice
YES! Recovery with no DI sucks!
It is seriously one of the only things stopping me from maining wolf.

The New Trix

Smash Rookie
as a wolf player i think his comeback is garbage !!!! up-b can be frustrating :mad: i use forward b mostly to comeback though.

SUB_ZERO

Smash Apprentice
I played A LOT of wolf yesterday and found his recovery SHOULD be better, but i can live with it. Sweetspotting's annoying though. And i've also manage to do something weird. a double up b, on Battlefield hit the edge with a side b and do it again quickly and for some reason you can do 2. WEIRD. Anyone else done this?

But yeah, i hate the sweetspotting.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I don't like Wolf's recovery obviously...so many times in tournaments I fall off when it feels like I shouldn't have and it costs me the match sometimes. I either do really good or really bad in a match when using Wolf it seems like lol

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I played A LOT of wolf yesterday and found his recovery SHOULD be better, but i can live with it. Sweetspotting's annoying though. And i've also manage to do something weird. a double up b, on Battlefield hit the edge with a side b and do it again quickly and for some reason you can do 2. WEIRD. Anyone else done this?

That happens sometimes with the Wolf Flash, Its when you hit the edge right between where you'd land on it and where you'd grab the ledge. Technically, you got to the ground so you get your jump and recovery back as if you were on the floor, but the game says you fall off the edge. you just happened to do another recovery move just as you 'stumbled' off the edge.

The one thing I hate about Wolf is my friends' reactions when I choose him:

"Ohhh Wolf? I hate Wolf"
"Not Wolf again"

You know, that sort of thing. :)

Epsiloh

Smash Rookie
I think wolfs recovery is fine its enough to recover from almost every situation if performed correctly what i do hate about him is really the final smash a i would have liked an copy of the dragoon type of final smash more then copy'n the land master.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
My only complaint is his down taunt. I couldn't even tell what it was. I kinda thought he was barking for a sec there.
When I found out Wolf was in Brawl, I was all like D*mn it! cuz i wanted crystal (w/staff plz), but then i was just like Oh well, hey look Wolf, yeah!...so when i first used his d-taunt, i was just like, i never played a star fox game before, but i'm pretty sure Wolf's not possessed by a demon or something, sheesh:chuckle:
i would change his final smash. it's a paradox really. I like it (powerful, annihilates everyone), but it's so unfullfilling (Link's and Ike's make you feel like there is no enemy left after an attack like those lol).

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
I hate that his recovery's predictable. UB should only be used if far under the stage--FB should be used for everything else. If you cancel the Wolf Flash right before the end, you get a LOT of horizontal distance. UB's lack of DI afterward sucks, though.

I wish his Final Smash were more unique. I think that Final Smashes should be special and specific to the character. Yeah, I know it's different than Fox's and Falco's, but I wanted something more inventive.

His slow dash. Seriously? He's a freaking wolf! He should run faster.

HabiT

Smash Apprentice

That's called light stepping, and well Chaos pretty much covered all of it. I usually attempt to use it and then jump as I hit the edge and follow with a Dair or a Fair.

I hate his ^b's lack of DI afterwards of course, but I usually have no problem sweetspotting. His >b's fine with me, I love it. Scarring is fun with it, and very helpful. I never use Fox's/Falco's >b for any kind of actual combat, so Wolf's slanted >b is fine with me. It just makes for a better recovery move. I love his >tilt, but the lag after it is a tiny bit slow which gets me shield-grabbed a lot, so I have to be very careful with it. I'd also love a good snakestyle running attack - up smash. Not cause I want Wolf to be just that amazing, but cause it'd look very cool :dizzy:

Other than that, I <3 Wolf.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i don't like his unpopularity. I wish more pros gave him a chance and stuck with him =(

PsychoKnight

Smash Cadet
If you kill with the d-smash or f-smash, you are instantly known as a spammer.

Up-B, really should be used like others said when the Wolf Flash cant make it to the ledge, other than that, depend on Forward B. I too have found the flash canceling a good way to cover distance.

Fighting a wolf-
When you try to distance yourself but get caught with the f-smash, and also the reflector.
N-Air into combo=Pain

Alain

Smash Cadet
when you run into another wolf player .... if there good they play JUST LIKE YOU !

only one real play style as wolf

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I hate being called a noob by my friends (despite the fact I will stomp them with Ganon and Falcon) because Wolf is such a noob character that doesn't take skill to play. *rolls eyes*

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
If you said his recovery sucks, you're a n00b and need to stop playing smash.

I hate how he can't grab the ledge. It hardly happens to me, but when it does, it's a pain. Really, his recovery would be fine, it's just that small sweet spot for the edge.

Hate anything else?... I wish he had the same effect Fox's reflector did, hovering. Then, I would never switch from him.

Top Bottom