• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do I buy for sleeping at tournaments (pills, allergy things?)

ADHD

Smash Hero
I ONLY lose to people when I don't get the full 8 hours of sleep before tournaments, and I can't prove it because I've been having alot of trouble sleeping lately because I'm excited/biological weirdness. Help?

-Googs

Smash Lord
I have insomnia.

before i went to the doctor, i ususally was self-medicating with benadryl, nyquil, any allergy or NIGHTITME cough syrup. Turkey helps. It might be different in the states though i dunno brand names and stuff. worst case smoke a fat j to you're face and burnt out

DFEAR

Smash Hero
nyquil does the trick for me or advil. i usually take an advil before bed if i have any sort of anxieties and it puts me right out. also lactose helps as well so some warm milk and cheese could put u out as well.

Sails

Smash Ace
This is a huge problem for me, more so because my sleep schedule is "Stay up until 4-6AM". It sucks, wish I could find a way to acquire prescription sleeping pills. Good luck on figuring it out, ADHD.

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
My advice is to at least attempt the natural route first, because you really can't rely on medication to always help you.

First of all, avoid staring intensively at a screen that emits bright light for at least an hour before bed. (eg. playing computer or video games) Bright light, especially florescent light, really diminishes the production of natural melatonin, which you need to fall asleep. If you can, its best to do something relaxing in dim light or even complete darkness if possible at for at least 30 minutes before you go to bed. To not get bored, I enjoying doing problems from math contests, but what is considered "relaxing" is different for everyone.

During the day, exercise and get lots of natural sunlight outside. They both help with sleep at night, not only by making you tired but also by increasing serotonin and decreasing stress hormones in general.

Also, avoid the obvious stuff like no caffiene, no alcohol, etc.

I guarantee that this will help you fall asleep, but if you feel its not enough, take an over the counter melatonin supplement once per day before bed.

Good luck.

VonDarkmoon

Smash Apprentice
Also if any of the issue is noise, earplugs are a really nice choice.

but usually something that helps me sleep is finding a nice relaxing song to listen to while laying down.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Garlic.

Don't bash it till you've tried it, it legit helps.

*EDIT* Nothing special. Just eat it raw.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
... No.

You see, Garlic is a natural blood thinner.
Blood thinners help you sleep, but prescription ones can be VERY VERY DANGEROUS.
Seriously, Garlic is the only way I sleep anymore.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Why are we still discussing this? This had nothing to do wi th diddy himself. This should have been locked already. ADHD should be banned from smashboards because he spams character boards with useless topic like these which derail us from having a good discussion over diddy and his metagame

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Why are we still discussing this? This had nothing to do wi th diddy himself. This should have been locked already. ADHD should be banned from smashboards because he spams character boards with useless topic like these which derail us from having a good discussion over diddy and his metagame
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny

DOODE

Smash Cadet
i know theres actually sleeping pills you can buy in walmart off the shelf.. Not sure if theres a age limit but yeah. Just check there. they knock you out ~30 minutes. Forget the name however. and it was like 12 dollars for a bottle.

I stay up all night once, then went to sleep at like 9 am, woke at 7 pm, took one at 9 pm, and had a full nights sleep. so only stayed awake 2 hours. Not a productive day though =P

Top Bottom