• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do Cpus do that are unusual?

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
For some reason, if I taunt they usually won't attack me. Especially if I'm Captain Falcon. They'll roll around and do attacks in the air and stuff but they won't attack me. I think taunting confuses them.

Zylar

Smash Ace
For some reason, if I taunt they usually won't attack me. Especially if I'm Captain Falcon. They'll roll around and do attacks in the air and stuff but they won't attack me. I think taunting confuses them.
They got metamindgame'd XD.

Once in a all cpu FFA, with all the characters as each playable pokemon (To see who's the best on my wii). All the other pokemon ganged up on Pokemon trainer(Ivysaur XD). Completely ignoring each other. And pika edge-guarded ivysaur. Once it was charizard, the rest of the match was completely "normal" for cpu FFAs.

I still lol whenever I remember it.

fox219

Smash Journeyman
In Melee CPUs just occasionally stopped doing anything, even in FFAs.

It was odd, I wonder why...?
true. I was falco and kept on shooting a ganondorf until he got to 83%. Then, I ran up to him and f-smashed him for the kill!

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I find it strange that a level 1 Link will SD at 0% if you grab release on a ledge.
I tried this with a level 9 Link, he did the same thing until I did it a 5th time.
Other characters will just use a nair or regular attack, and if it's Snake, he'll usually SD because of how long his takes.
lol @ level 1's.
They fall for it every time.

Nicole

Smash Champion
My CPUs always taunt me if I suicide myself, regardless of level. And after they finally kill me, they'll run away from me for awhile when I respawn.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I've said it before, but CPU ZSSes are duuuummmbbb. If they land a dsmash, they just roll around for a while, then try to fsmash, and end up missing.

They also fail at recovering.

Kishin

Smash Ace
The CPU, from what I've seen, learns from all your matches. It might be character specific though on their learning. First of all, I play wi-fi a lot (I know...), only because I don't have anyone to play in my area. So anyways, when I use Marth during wi-fi, the button lag screws up my dancing blades and so I end up continuously getting off the first and second hits off. It happens to be that the Marth AI learned from this and when I was playing against a lvl9 CPU Marth, it spammed the first hits of dancing blade over and over with perfection. I was completely caught off guard and it annoyed the hell out of me. There was also an instance where a CPU Ike counter spammed me, I don't spam counter.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
The CPU, from what I've seen, learns from all your matches. It might be character specific though on their learning. First of all, I play wi-fi a lot (I know...), only because I don't have anyone to play in my area. So anyways, when I use Marth during wi-fi, the button lag screws up my dancing blades and so I end up continuously getting off the first and second hits off. It happens to be that the Marth AI learned from this and when I was playing against a lvl9 CPU Marth, it spammed the first hits of dancing blade over and over with perfection. I was completely caught off guard and it annoyed the hell out of me. There was also an instance where a CPU Ike counter spammed me, I don't spam counter.
lol my marth spams the first 2 hits too and sumtimes he does the first hits into a grab/f-smash/u-smash/n-smash?/ankle poke

BombermanFanatic

Smash Cadet
They Team Kill.... a lot. Laser spamming 2 ememies oacross the stage. Friendly fire falcon punch right to my back for the kill. Enemies nowhere near me.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Against the icies popo crouch tauted while nana fought. It was funny....

My red lv9 tlink owns me, he never perfect shields and he's awesome at teching. And throws his boomerang alot...

By teaching the cpu to jump back, against a stallthenfall dair, would it be possible to force them to hyrule jump?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Very True, 56k. Despite me using Snake a lot, they still don't know how to use c4 to recover, shield drop grenades, or mortar slide. They use mines only when I am standing in front of them. Also, they often have a tendecy to use cypher very low. They also cypher close to the edge, which I can easily grab. I've done this so many times against them, I blurted out "What a Digital Dummy."

I mess around a lot with codes. When I put infinite up b on, they know and follow suit. When I put on infinite jumps, they don't know. They don't take advantage of the L-Cancel Code or the S-Cancel code, either.

Also, they don't care for partners. So many friendly fire moments.

The CPU DDDs don't chaingrab. They usually try to F-smash or throw a Waddle dee/Waddle doo/Gordo after a grab.

The only things CPU's excel at are Teching and using items.

gamepro2

Smash Rookie
Man its crazy, cpu Fox actually jumps up hits me with the reflector while doing a short hop and immediately tries to up-smash me,I mean this is stuff I usually do,its like fighting against myself sometimes.If its possible they learn what you do imagine the possibilities,kind of scary LOL!!
yeah nitendo programed the cpu's to "mimick" you. so if you win, when the cpu is the char that you won with(if the game "recorded" what you did) you might see your "famous" move. but if you lose the game doesnt do anything like that.

i was online, playing a Tlink, and the guy kept short hoppin and doing that chain thing. i got angry when he won by spamming so i went offline and started a 1v1 lvl9 cpu match with me. picked random for the two of us and guess what. the cpu was Tlink! and whats worse?! HE WAS DOING THAT RETARTED SPAMMING MOVE!!!!!! luckly i won and now tlink doesnt spam that move :psycho:

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
I played a FreeForAll with two other Lvl.9 computers, and in the middle of the match I taunt spammed.

While I did this for about 15 seconds, they didn't attack me. They just looked at me like "What the crap?", occasionally rolling.

Zylar

Smash Ace
I don't know why everyone is saying that they learn from your replays only. I don't have any replays that aren't snake's easter eggs, and yet when I played a good Falco online, my lvl 9 falco suddenly became way better and doing some things a human would do.
They learn from all matches, not just replays.
And to those who don't believe it, they can learn your bad habits too, or fail at the AT or something and everytime they do something you never do.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Once I had a landmaster on yoshi's island (melee stage) and i fell through the middle.

the cpu kirby and metaknight boht coruch taunted me at the same time!

lukeozade1

Smash Rookie
I once had a Ness PK Thunder into the floor about 3 times in a row - which was a thing I used to do whenever I KO'd someone as Ness.

I also had a Fox Dashdancing too.

MaverickETC

Smash Rookie
Everyone crouch taunts me T~T

Metaknight is now "unbeatable"

I got D-Throw to Spike'd near the edge by Falco

Mr.GaW uses a D-Throw to any attack (mostly D-Smash or Side Special)

Kirby knows how to use others' powers efficiently

I can't dodge Super Sonic

Both Mario and Sonic spam F-Smash, especially for edgeguarding

Ike pivot grabbed me

Virtually, the only taunt CF uses is Side Taunt

Everybody is starting to use Hugging

.....I'm sad T~T

Meccs

@Meccs_
CPU Nesses do Liliput Steps (lol, new official name for repeated A down) to me :(
Dededes taunt by lying down
I've been edgehogged
I've been crouch taunted by may CPUs...

They're... they're learning...

Ravin

Smash Lord
When playing as Samus, for awhile CPU's didnt notice know how to handle Zair or ledge games, roughly i stopped playing them, played a lot of Wifi and came back for fun to fight a level 9 CPU on random and I was random. It got Samus.

Well would you know that son of a ***** learned how to Zair, MC, and even SH Dair dribble and all sorts of stuff. To add ontop of it, it tried to ledge camp me once before it ate a smash with my Ike.

I noticed all CPU's chase you off.

Im still waiting to see a CPU pit arrow rain. Then ill cry a bit.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Every time I fight Zelda CPUs, they spam din's fire while I'm trying to get back on the stage. Then, they somehow get perfect timing when I'm at 50% with their fair, uair and bair attacks at 0%, I'm seemingly a hard target to hit.

I also recall being chain grabbed by dedede twice in one match which I just found both weird and gay.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Meta-knight killed himself with his B attacks 3 times in one match. It was a 3 stock match =D

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
A CPU Kirby used his down special and turned into a thwomp when he was just standing in front of me. Not very good tactics...

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
I watched some computers face each other and it is never interesting at all. Seems like they only try to kill players. And in a FFA they will go after the player much more than each other.

I find being trigger happy with the L and R buttons normally wins it for me.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Bad: A Kirby used Stone on Frigate Orpheon, during the sirens for a stage flip. He fell to his doom.
Good: The CPU tends to edgehog me.
Disturbing: A Zelda used d-air on me when I was above the stage. She sweetspotted it, and I missed the tech. During the little bounce on the stage, she fastfell and used f-air. She sweetspotted that too.
The scariest part is that she sweetspotted both hits on both Climbers out of my Squall.

Top Bottom