• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What controller do you use?

McSquigglez

Smash Rookie
There's a few set ups to play Brawl.

1. Sideways Wii-Mote. I've tried this, it's extremely annoying IMO and I can never grip it right. Also you need to take the strap off and use it with the grip or else it edges into your hand.

2. Wiimote + Nunchuck. This is what I use now, but I plan on switching. It is fairly easy, wireless (to the wii that is) and is simple enough to pick up and play and know what to do.

3. Classic Controller. I haven't tried this yet, but I've heard it's not that bad. I've felt it in my hands before, so I might need a grip attached so it's more comfortable.

4. Classic Pro Controller. I have no clue where to get these, but I've seen them and they look great. Basically the Classic and the gamecube controller mixed, with two L's and R's instead of one.

5. Gamecube Controller. The most popular, haven't tried it.

6. PS2 to Gamecube connector. Now my friend plays this way. I have no clue why O_O It's an adapter to your PS2 controller, so it plugs into a gamecube and plays fine. I HATE it! And I'm sure none of you guys use it.

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
99% of people on these forums use the GameCube controller.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
GameCube Controller... althought I'm competent with Wiichuk.

Happy New Year!

B.Link

Smash Cadet
Same gamecube remote. After playing melee a lot i got use to the feel for it so i never changed =]

_________
Master One Smash Em All =]

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
5th thread that I've seen like this. >_<

I use the GC controller, but I'm also good with the Classic Controller. After I import the sexy, black CC pro, I'll use that more.

Metalmittens

Smash Rookie
Whatever I grab first, but im best with the GC Controller. Usually my brother grabs that one so I kick his butt with the WiiMote held sideways.

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
You will find that most people play with GC controllers... Especially if they've played the previous versions of Smash. So yeah I use a GC pad.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Yeah the gamecube controller since it has C-stick. Can't play smash without one. :3
I use Nunchuck *gasp*

Just change the directional pad to smash. It acts just like a c stick.
Its just as usable as the GCC

Dr.MarioX

Smash Apprentice
Gamecube Controller.
Why not use it? It has to be one of the greatest video game controllers ever made.
It's layout makes it easy to feel the buttons and know what it is without looking.

Feels

Smash Cadet
I actually used the Classic Controller for awhile before the cord broke for it.-_-
It was actually as useful as the GC Controller IMO.

-_skinny_-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3668-9841-7290
GCC FTW! i need to mod it n take the springs out of the shoulder buttons, does ne1 kno were i cld find a screwdriver 2 do so?

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
Gamecube, it just feels nice, and its nice to be able to play all 3 smash games with one controller.

Top Bottom