• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Controller Do You Use?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Does anyone here know of anyone who uses something besides gamecube competitively? I'm sure gamecube is an overwhelming favorite.

Circio

Smash Cadet
Yes, and I also use a GC controller. Wii remotes get annoying in tournaments when people refuse/forget to pull their batteries after a match...

mysticlink

Smash Cadet
NNID
Karnian
3DS FC
4141-4094-8121
Gamecube controller, cause i was already playing it and melee...i did stick to it in brawl since we have the choice :)

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Classic Controller or sometimes Mote + Chuck.. I somehow can't play brawl (or any other Wii game) with a GCC.. Yet I can play melee just fine...

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
I decided to use Classic now, and I can use all characters with it except for MK, who I am used to with the Wii Remote.

-007-

Smash Cadet
I use Gamecube controller. Since everyone who played melee probably uses the GC one anyways. Plus its easier than the rest in my opinion.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
My Wavebird has been with me since its release... I wuv that thing.
Unless I am at a tourney, in which a normal GC controller is more reliable, and in some cases the TO doesn't allow Wavebirds :\

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
isnt there other threads that come and go on this subject?
anyways i use GC...
i relly dont understand why anyone would wanna use something else.

ckerth0116

Smash Rookie
Well,

I use the Remote/Nunchuck combo, which most are totally disgusted with. I don't own a Gamcube controller or a Classic, however. I like the setup, anyway.

Main-Solid Snake
Secondaries- Ice Climbers, Captain Falcon

Vaniix Raiser

Smash Rookie
Wavebird.

The GC controller has so many good options in terms of buttons and placement and fits well in the hand too. My only complaint about the wired version is the short cord...I've loved the GC controller since Melee, when I had to switch from my beloved 64. Love those, but hate the worn out control sticks.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
i use my purple top silver bottom, my silver top purple bottom, and my metallic red, jet silver bottom controllers.

g-cube controllers = <3<3<3<3

-!-

Smash Lord
GC controller of course, I never tried the W!! mote... too used to GCC since my late Melee days

Seeya

Smash Cadet
i used to use a Gamecube controller then used a Wii Remote then Wii Remote and Nunchuck and now i am using a Gamecube controller again because using it is makes it more easier to short hop.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
SH'ing is the exact reason I couldn't settle for the Wiimote+Nunchuck.

I think 90-something % of the Smash community uses a GC controller.

Seeya

Smash Cadet
wow, i thought i was the only one :confused: lol

the only problem with GameCube controller is that you don't hear that cool battle cry when you choose your character and it is difficult, well for me, to perform Infinite Dimensional Cape in my honest opinion.

Top Bottom