• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Controller Do You Use?

Green_Swirl

Smash Cadet
I use GameCube, and my controller only. The rubber part of the control stick had worn away a couple years ago, so a normal controller just feels weird. -_-

Vihannes

Smash Rookie
I use Gamecube controller, but Wiimote + Nunchuk works fine too with jump assigned to down on d-pad and shake smash on.
BTW, has anyone of you tried using just the Wiimote? I mean, I tried, and it's UNPLAYABLE! Just try to do an up-tilt attack! You can't, because it either does an up-smash or jumps! I don't undestand how they could have f****d this up.

2Sko

Smash Cadet
if you dont use the gamecube controller, you will probably get owned by people who do in my opinion
I dont think soo, i use gc controller, but a few people i knw are as good as me or almost, but its only cuz they never played melee, mostly everyone the played melee uses gc controller now

tgrove69

Smash Cadet
I use Gamecube controller, but Wiimote + Nunchuk works fine too with jump assigned to down on d-pad and shake smash on.
BTW, has anyone of you tried using just the Wiimote? I mean, I tried, and it's UNPLAYABLE! Just try to do an up-tilt attack! You can't, because it either does an up-smash or jumps! I don't undestand how they could have f****d this up.
When I first got the game, the wiimote alone was the only controller I used. But its extremely limited. So I use the GC Controller and the Classic. The numchuk is good but I couldn't get used to it. All three control methods are better than the wiimote alone.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Gamecube is more popular since a lot of others played melee. They would be more used to it. Me too XD

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
Gamecube or Classic, whatever falls in my hands.
Classic, however, reminds me of the SNES as it was most likely intended to. It makes me all warm inside <3

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm about to get a cover and a grip for my Classy Controller and see if it's comfortable and looks awesome when I'm going to a tourney. =D

FastFire

Smash Cadet
I mostly used the WiiChuck, but then decided to try the GC controller. After 4 days, I would move to the right a little while the joystick was in the neutral position. Needless to say, it annoyed me. I'm about to exchange it today and hopefully get one that does work...

The Golden Ike

Smash Rookie
Gamecube. Not sure why but I'm somehow pretty good with the WiiChuck even thought I never practice with it. Suck with just WiiMote. The Classic is just to unconfortable for me.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
It seems that most players use the GC controller. I use it, of course. I've tried the classic controller; it's good, but the positions of the control stick and Z buttons are awkward.

SuperChoco

Smash Rookie
I use the classic controller because it feels the best to me when playing brawl.

Just wish we could use the N64 controller without the dumb stick.

viperGTS

Smash Rookie
i use wii remote (main controller) and gamecube sometimes. but apparently real smashers use the gc controller 0_o? so i started using the gc more. but im just going to alternate all the time, lol

randomd1

Smash Rookie
I use the wiimote (no chuck, I can't stand that thing). It doesn't offer as many possibilities as a gamecube controller, but where I live even used game stores sell out too fast for it to be worth the wait to get a gc controller.

WolfenMiatang

Smash Apprentice
just the wiimote itself. i have nunchuck but the wiring is been bitten up or cut or something lolz.IDk what my friend did/what been doing to the nunchuk XD

auraldo...

Smash Rookie
...when brawl was relased I used the gc controller all the time...however the Button A broke up and since then it becomes very hard to attack normally I like the default control scheme so just after that i bought a Classic controller and...well it fits me so now i use that one...I stil miss how i played with the GC controller...

Top Bottom