• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your release day plans?

ThatPikminGuy

Smash Rookie
I’ve got a question about preordering the game. What is the best way to preorder the game, should I use amazon, preorder it from a store, buy it off the eshop?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I’ve got a question about preordering the game. What is the best way to preorder the game, should I use amazon, preorder it from a store, buy it off the eshop?
Generally speaking I like to preorder games from a store like GameStop because I've never grown out if the feeling of walking/driving to the shop to get that new game you've earned and lovingly holding it in your hands. However most digital preorders allow for preloading which means they're usually the fastest way to play a game so either works.

NineLannister

Smash Rookie
NNID
NineLannister
Switch FC
SW 2787 1144 8408
I used Amazon, partially to get the pre-order discount before they removed it from the Amazon Prime benefits, and partially because I have to be on campus and in seminars most of the day on that Friday. It'll be nice to have it waiting for me at home after a long day.

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
I don't have a Switch, but two of my friends do and I think both are preordering it.

The problem is who's house I'll go to for the night...

Arthur97

Smash Master
I don't have a Switch, but two of my friends do and I think both are preordering it.

The problem is who's house I'll go to for the night...
Are they mutual friends? Why not spend the night with both?

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I have it preordered, it comes out on a Friday I have off (on a pay day, no less!), probably gonna take that Monday off so I can have a four-day weekend to play! I've invited three of my closest friends to accompany me to pick up my copy from GameStop right when it opens around 10:00 that morning, go grab a bit of lunch (probably Chick-Fil-A), head back to my apartment, have lunch, and then boot up the game and play through that whole weekend like nobody's business! Going to be playing it and trying to unlock everything by each iteration of the series! Starting with the Smash 64 roster of characters and stages (turning off the random option for every other stage in the series except for Battlefield and Final Destination for this version) and going through unlocking by number/game every veteran all the way up to Ultimate's newcomers. So, presumably, going to try and unlock the 64 unlockable vets (Jigglypuff, Luigi, Captain Falcon, and Ness), then the Melee vets (Peach, Bowser, the Ice Climbers, Zelda, Sheik, Dr. Mario, Pichu, Falco, Marth, Young Link, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Roy, and Mr. Game & Watch) which will then allow us to play on Melee's stages, then the Brawl vets (Meta Knight, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Wario, Snake, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong, Lucas, Sonic the Hedgehog, King Dedede, Olimar, Lucario, R.O.B., Toon Link, & Wolf), which will allow us to play on the Brawl stages, then the Wii U/3DS vets (Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina & Luma, Little Mac, Greninja, Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter, Mii Gunner, Palutena, Pac-Man, Robin, Lucina, Dark Pit, Shulk, Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt, Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, & Bayonetta), letting us play on both the 3DS stages and Wii U stages, and finally and most importantly the Ultimate newcomers (Inklings, Daisy, Ridley, Simon Belmont, Richter Belmont, Chrom, Dark Samus, King K. Rool, Isabelle, & any other prospective newcomers) and getting to play on the Ultimate stages! Gonna be a fun time!

Last edited:

Room100

Smash Apprentice
I pre-ordered it through Amazon and it's coming to my parents' house instead of my apartment, so I'll probably go home the night before, grab it, play alone for a bit, then go to a bit Smash party with my co-workers (who also took off that day and the next), then play online with friends and then keep playing and never stop.

MrArska

Smash Cadet
NNID
aapelix
Switch FC
SW 2908 1984 5094
I have a free day that Friday, so I'll pick it up from the post office and either invite some of my friends over or play alone.
Nevertheless, I'll be playing the game all weekend.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Using PTO time for that Friday and immediately unlocking characters and spending the whole day grinding (if the amiibo rumor is false). If my friends aren't busy/working maybe having a few over to try the game. Even though a lot of my friends have Switch's and pretty sure they are all getting Ultimate eventually.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
My Youth Group is doing a event that day for Smash Ultimate, so I'm going to unlock as many characters in between school and the event, and then play it with my friends at the event.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I will be going to the midnight release with friends coming from out of state. We'll be playing nonstop until 6am in the morning or whenever we tire. (I think when brawl came out, we were up until 8 or 9am.) I'll be buying us all pizza, beer, cider, and some snacks. It's gonna be a killer time. Then the next morning, we're gonna pick up our amiibos. Then we will come back and of course play more.

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
If I get it before going to work... I'll take it with me and play it during my lunch break.... If not... I'll have to endure 9+ hours of torment knowing that smash ultimate is finally out but can't play it yet.

Last edited:

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
If the GameStop near me won't have a midnight release, I'll do what I did for Smash 4 and pre-order via Nintendo eShop... which I might still do since I'm in California and I've heard about people over here getting digital "midnight releases" at 9pm the day before.

In any event, my wife agreed to pick up and drop-off our daughter for that Thursday and Friday, so I've taken Thursday and Friday off.

I'm doing something that I really haven't done since I became a father: I'm gonna lock myself up in my game room and play until my body cannot properly function anymore. At least for 2-3 days straight.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I’ll probably ending up getting it for Christmas (gotta save some exciting stuff for then, right? Ahh well... :/ ) so, assuming I have time, I’ll most likely be watching live-streams as the midnight release happens, and I’ll also check forums and wikis and stuff too.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm going to get it in the mail, but my preorder has day one shipping and thanks to my semi-nocturnal sleeping schedule it'll probably show up before I'm awake. After I wake up, I'm going to play the game for a few hours, walk my dog, then get back to playing that game again until I go to sleep at around 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning.

I work the next day after that, but you can bet I'll be playing my Switch during my breaks.

BigX

Smash Rookie
I’ll get it on release day. I only just got a Nintendo Switch which is my first console since the SNES and I have never played a SSB game before, so I’ll just be enjoying the first time experience as much as I can.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Depending on when it arrives(I've pre-ordered it from Amazon and it says that it might come on the 8th-10th) I'll open it straight away and just spend my whole weekend on that game, trying to unlock all of the characters.

Phobos_Anomaly

Smash Cadet
Taking the day off of work on December 7th to enjoy the new game on release day, and for those out there in the 9-5 working world know, that's no easy feat.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Read/watch other people having fun with it, as I'm planning on getting a Switch for Christmas so I'll have to wait a few weeks.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Set up my Switch at my downstairs TV, prepare caffeine related beverages.
Look out window for hours waiting for it to come.
Sees mail man put in mail box.
Runs out to get mail, I look at package for a solid 2 minutes releasing the thing I've wasted hours thinking about is in my hands right now.
Open it, see the box get shivers, put's the game in in my switch.
Watch the opening cinematic two times.
Go to Smash look at the menu for a bit, and pick link and play with my brother all night long.
Or at least that's how I imagine it going.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Pick up my brother and go to game stop and get Smash Ultimate (Decided I wanted the physical copy). Then I’ll call my other brother and tell him to head over my house. We’ll grab some food and bring it home. Crack open some Mtn Dews and fire up the game. We’ll then play a ton of matches. My roommate will probabaly eventually join.

Then me and my brothers will probabaly work on unlocking characters for atleast half of the day. I have about a week to unlock everyone before I start having people over for Smash night. Sometime after that I imagine I’ll organize a tournament with some kind of Smash Trophy like we did for Smash 4. It’ll be a competition to see who can unlock all characters because my friends and my brothers will all probably all have their own copies of the game as well. I think my brothers would help me unlock characters on launch because I’ll be the one hosting Smash events at my house. Pretty excited for this launch!

D

Deleted member

While i may not get the game at launch, i will probably go for the Ridley amiibo, to add him on my Metroid collection.

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
For starters I will try to fight all seven guardians that protect the gates of Hell then face off against Satan himself so I can get a wish...that being that entire weekend off from work. Ideally, I would hit some fellow smashers locally and just play the Hell out of this till we unlock as much as we can before our bodies give out. But my best friends lives up in Maine, and my local Smasher is always busy and working. So if I am playing solo I will work on unlocking all characters first through whatever means they have available. I will start off with Bowser and see how he first before diving into the new Smash fighters.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
Play Melee until midnight, then Ultimate non-stop unlocking characters(most importantly Roy) until my friends come over the next day and have a tournament.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Stay up until midnight when I get the download code email. Start downloading and installing, go to sleep and start playing in the morning.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
1) hope my folks are okay with paying for my uber to gamestop
2) MAKE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN THE $50 GAMESTOP COUPON IS COMPATIBLE WITH SMASH
3) uber to gamestop
4) buy the game with the $50 coupon + the $20 in my wallet
5) uber home
6) cry with tears of joy that I was able to actually get the game
7) ?????
8) play it, i guess

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Go to midnight launch, then play all weekend. Then play all December around work and sleep.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
the good thing about working for yourself is you don't need to worry about days off, so when my game arrives, i am gonna enjoy myself with an 8-player smash with all the starting characters on hyrule castle, while i play as link.

after that, i'll probably try out the other characters in some random battles before hopping into adventure mode, or something.

sadly, don't really have any friends or anything anymore, so... yeah, gonna be enjoying the game completely alone.

PlushyFenn

Smash Rookie
-Cry a lot
-Play the game
-
-
-
-
-I don't know what you want from me it hasn't released yet we don't even have any way of knowing if it gonna be as good as everyone says like wat

jeremyjeeps

Smash Rookie
Getting the game at the 9 oclock launch at gamestop on the 6th. playing all night, working the 7th then my week and a half vacation starts.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm gonna start by checking out all of the menus, then going into the music section and organizing the tracks and taking Link (and the others, but Link) into training mode to check out how the game plays and some of the new stuff. I don't have much time and I work Saturday so I'll have to start by just taking it slow.

Once I get time, I'm gonna go classic for every character starting with Link and I'll unlock everyone that way - with trips back to training to see how the characters play.

I'm gonna hold off on World of Light until I have enough time to really get into it. Still mostly trying to avoid spoilers for that...

TaranTr

Smash Rookie
I will get it on midnight sale, and i already make sure everything is done so I can have Friday completely free, i might sleep a few hours (maybe do an all-nighter depending on how tired I am) and Friday will be nothing but smash, maybe i’ll Orden a pizza and at night i’ll Play with some friends. I won’t be shocked if I unlock all characters in one day xD

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm gonna unlock Mega Man as soon as I can and then play a handful of matches with him. I mostly want to get characters right away. I'll probably save World of Light for a bit later, same with what I did with Dragon Ball FighterZ Story mode.

Though I'll probably get the game during the holidays, if I get as soon as possible, rather than release.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Gamestop's doing a 9pm release so I'm very ready for that. December 6th is my niece's birthday so I'll go hang out with her, taunt her that I'm gonna beat her in Ultimate (She thinks she's better than me because I let her win when Smash 4 came out, you know, when she was 4) and then load tf up on Rockstar. I got the day off on the 7th so I'm gonna be up all night if I can. It's gonna be so awesome

Top Bottom