• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are YOUR easiest, hardest, and funnest match-ups with Sonic?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'am not bragging and I have no reason to lie I'am just telling the truth.
lol. Beating a lv.9 cpu is not an accomplishment nor is it something to brag about. He thought your comment was meant to be a joke, but if your comment is sincere just let me let you in on a little something. This site is meant mostly for competitive gamers aka people who take video games very seriously. Lv. 9 cpus don't mean anything to us. We're more concerned about things outside the box, things that aren't in the instruction manual. We play for money and learn ways to become better than our opponents and predict them in battle. You might be what we call a casual gamer, which is not a problem at all, but this might not be the right section of the boards, or even the right website, for you.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
lol. Beating a lv.9 cpu is not an accomplishment nor is it something to brag about. He thought your comment was meant to be a joke, but if your comment is sincere just let me let you in on a little something. This site is meant mostly for competitive gamers aka people who take video games very seriously. Lv. 9 cpus don't mean anything to us. We're more concerned about things outside the box, things that aren't in the instruction manual. We play for money and learn ways to become better than our opponents and predict them in battle. You might be what we call a casual gamer, which is not a problem at all, but this might not be the right section of the boards, or even the right website, for you.
Harsh no?

SonicX560, beating lv. 9 as Camalange said is not really a test of skill. All we've seen of you is a bunch of short and some times confusing posts. Do you have people off line to fight against? Past fight expreince against other humans? Where do you live? Do you have wifi? And why did you goin Smashboards in the first place?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I didn't think it was harsh at all. Memphis is harsh. We are competitive gamers, no? I'm just saying this isn't exactly a casual's website.

CalebSitton

Smash Apprentice

easiest:
ofcourse against a sonic ditto...especially if they r nub..
hardest:
DK... nuff said
funnest:
mario because it reminds me of teh good ol' dayz XD^^

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I didn't think it was harsh at all. Memphis is harsh. We are competitive gamers, no? I'm just saying this isn't exactly a casual's website.
True, true. But this is the sonic boards, are we really that serious? lol.
If I remember correctly, computers can help with spacing too. It was like, practice against a level 1-3 comp to practice spacing instead of whooping a level 9 comp or something. =/

Napilopez

Smash Lord
This really doesn't have to do anything with this thread, but I didn't know where else to post it and I didn't wanna make a new thread about it, so I thought I might as well post it in one of my own =P

Basically I'm just wondering about Sonic's metagame.

What exactly is his metagame?

Or perhaps more importantly who represents it?

Its a question I really mean to ask, because I feel like so many of the other character boards have like one or 2 people that represent its respective main being played to the top of his/her ability at the time. I feel like we don't really have that here. Its not to say we don't have great mains, its just I don't know who to consider as the "top tier" Sonic mains.

We have Tenki as one of the smartest Sonic mains, who basically created Sonic as we play him today, but like, he doesn't go to tourney's and stuff, excluding the one with his nerf prize =P

We have Puffball, who has placed very well in his first two tourneys, the first one especially being against major recognizable players. Personally, just from videos, I thnk he represents the best blend of Sonic know-how and technical ability, others may disagree. I personally think he has the bet Sonic I've seen, no offense to anyone else, and that he has tons of potential as well. Plus he's a fanboy too, so he's awesome =P

Theres Mr. 3000, but I simply don't consider him that great of a Sonic main. He's a great player, but not a great Sonic. I don't think he can represent Sonic's metagame when he seems largely oblivious to so many of Sonic's better abilities. The technical ability is there, but the knowledge of techniques isn't and thus I don't think he can be representative of Sonic's metagame. Also, he seems to have found himself with much more trouble facing his opponents in recent times, probably due to his opponents getting used to fighting Sonic. As he doesn't seem aware of the techs, he doesn't have as many options to mix up his Sonic game.

Not to mention how they all represent drastically different playstyles.

What do you guys think? I think we need someone to place really high with Sonic at a major tourney, to beat notable players. Someone who is a true, dedicated Sonic main, and actually knows his abilities. Otherwise, I just don't think the player is exemplifying Sonic's potential.

Hopefully I can help evolve Sonic's metagame from here in New York. Wanna do well in my tourney tommorow but I have to be realistic in seeing that Imma be faceing the best of NY, and I'm still just a brawl nub =P

Umm yea, wow, I jus totally turned around the topic. Please continue to discuss the original topic, but I just wanted some short opinions on what I wrote.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
i was going to say a lot. but i will just say: i really think we are atleast .. 2 years away from anyone truly mastering sonic.

Really i think the boards is only truly useful for discovering advanced techs... because the general feel of sonic, and learning the best things to do in whatever situations can be learned through playing, a lot easier than it can be learned through discussion. ... but thats just my opinion.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Really well I didn't know that my bad I'am new here.

Tenki

Smash Hero
That topic is taboo.

We just default to 'everyone plays Sonic differently lololol'

Napilopez

Smash Lord
It is, lol.

Hence why I didn't give it its own thread. I do think however we need to get like a uber-acknowledged Sonic main though =P. That like, actually knows what an ASC is. I think some of us here have the potential to be that, but *looks t join date of average Sonic board frequenter* not yet =P

Tenki

Smash Hero
Considering that I practically started Smash at around the time I joined (before Brawl, I had lent my Melee disc to a friend and we ended up moving out of state before getting the chance to get it back- 5-6years ago), AND started maining Sonic a month after I started playing Brawl, I've made...

considerable improvement.

but I still have a ways to go, so yeah, I guess you're right. We suck.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Considering that I practically started Smash at around the time I joined (before Brawl, I had lent my Melee disc to a friend and we ended up moving out of state before getting the chance to get it back- 5-6years ago), AND started maining Sonic a month after I started playing Brawl, I've made...

considerable improvement.

but I still have a ways to go, so yeah, I guess you're right. We suck.
Lol, similar to my situation. Kinda. My playing was driven by pure fanboyness. I played melee for fun with my cousin(who was a wavedasher and all that, lol, while I didn't even know what that was and wondered how he could move so weird), but thats about it. I hadn't played melee too much the past few years, only seldom. This was mostly because I'd lost my memory card D: I played marth and mario, and I missed marth, lol. I was excited for brawl however, and was always hoping Sonic would be in. I told myself if Sonic was in it, I would make myself the among the best Sonic playaz eva, hah. So when they announced him I was uber excited, and googled sources for smash advice and whatnot, just so I could play a good Sonic. Naturally, I cam accross this website, so here I am!

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Easiest to play: Ganondorf.
Hardest to play: Olimar and Wario especially.
Funnest to play: Mario vs Sonic definitely. Ice Climbers, Snake, other Sonics and Captain Falcon.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Yeah... I definitely suck. I didn't even play melee. I loved 64 though, and thought sonic was a cool character cuz I loved playing characters with speed. I need a LOT of improvement though. My technical skills suck. :( and My spacing needs work(using tenki's no B-moves method) and uh, yeah. Hopefully, I'll be as good as one of you guys in like, a year, lol. As for who represents it, yeah, sure, our styles are diverse, but if we can mix them somehow, I think that'd be a good representation. I heard KID has a very mixed sonic. :O

R4ZE

Smash Ace
the interesting thing about sonic... when i play him i always SEE room for improvment, despite having played only sonic since.. 2 weeks after brawl came out. I am absoluetly terrible with the rest of the cast, but i sitll see more room for imporvment on my sonic game than any other character.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
we dont suck...

well, i dont, im amazing.

i played melee and i was reasonably good at it.
but it helps to have played melee because it gave me abasis for this game

but anyway, yea, my sonic is amazing because from what i can see, i can switch styles better than anyone here. there would be no reason to play anyother character if he was just slightly better...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Simple:

Easiest: Ike, Ganondorf, and Snake
Hardest: Meta Knight and Peach
Funnest: Mario, Meta Knight, Game and Watch

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i would love to see you play the snake player in my area.
hes won the last 6 tourneys in a row.
i might be able to beat him, but i always get taken out by MKs

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
i would love to see you play the snake player in my area.
hes won the last 6 tourneys in a row.
i might be able to beat him, but i always get taken out by MKs
Snake's moves are all just so **** punishable.

However, I've only played a handful of Snakes, so all of my choices are definately subject to change.

Top Bottom