• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are you best character duos in team matches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roager

Smash Ace
Falcon Pika
Marth Pika
Ike Pika
Falcon Falcon
DK Falcon

Yeah, my friend only ever uses Pikachu, and occasionally Falcon...

Tien2500

Smash Lord
So while we have this topic up... I don't play team battles too much. I feel like G&W would be incredibly broken in team battles with his bucket. Is that the case?

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Meta Knight + Meta Knight
Meta Knight + Snake
Snake + Snake

Meta Knight/Wolf/Fox/Falco + Meta Knight/Wolf/Fox/Falco (Shameless plug for my favorite mains)

Captain Falcon + Captain Falcon (DOUBLE REVERSE FALCON PAWNCHHH)

Smash Master
Team Names:

JUDGE JUDY
NO JOHNS
ROB (as Ike) IKE (as R.O.B.)

Veggi

Smash Champion
I usually play with

Donkey/Diddy
Dedede/Kirby
Ness/Lucas
Fox/Falco
Peach/Zelda
Bowser/Ganondorf

Yeah, all the teams were done because they had something in common. They actually work very well though.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Well, i reckon the best GnW combo is pika GnW,
My fave olimar duo is olimar and DDD cos DDD can help olimar recover and olimars grabs to DDD fsmashes are awesome

fox219

Smash Journeyman
Fox and Falco, Mr. Game and Watch and Ike, or Zelda(cpu) and Toon link (cpu)

Orb13

Smash Cadet
Falcon + Falcon = More manly awesome than you can handle

Seriously though,
DDD + DDD is kinda cool

Gindler

Smash Champion
So while we have this topic up... I don't play team battles too much. I feel like G&W would be incredibly broken in team battles with his bucket. Is that the case?
He is...But the bucket is almost never used since you rarely get the opportunity to fill it.

Anyway, I like yoshi and anyone riddled with killing potential (MK, Snake, DDD, GW)

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
MK/Bowser

everywhere mk is weak, bowser is the strongest. Everywhere bowser is weak, MK is the strongest. It's a perfect balance.

Paul Hoffman

Smash Rookie
GW's bucket isn't that daunting in team matches, as it's hard to create situations where your ally can fill it up. A bit overpowered perhaps, but nothing that's proven to be excessively so, as even once the bucket is filled there's still the issue of safely landing the strike without hitting your teammate.

The reason why GW/ZSS works so well though is that GW's bucket can absorb ZSS's d-smash, which coincidentally happens to stun the opponents it strikes. You can see the implications.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
GW's bucket isn't that daunting in team matches, as it's hard to create situations where your ally can fill it up. A bit overpowered perhaps, but nothing that's proven to be excessively so, as even once the bucket is filled there's still the issue of safely landing the strike without hitting your teammate.

The reason why GW/ZSS works so well though is that GW's bucket can absorb ZSS's d-smash, which coincidentally happens to stun the opponents it strikes. You can see the implications.
Pika would work very well too. Thunder is a pretty decent defence move, and it makes for a powerful bucket.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Pit and Captain falcon is a very funny duo. If the Pit can trap people in his Angel's Ring, then Falcon has a free punch ^_^. I played it last night and it actually worked against decent people.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
As someone who regularly plays the match-up in friendlies, I can say that GaW and ZSS is definitely an easy button for teams. Any time both of your opponents are off the stage is an opportunity to fill the bucket, and a bucket is almost always a free KO if the G&W knows what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom