• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what are the diffferences between Docto Mario and Mario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Real-Tank

Smash Rookie
Doctor mario is a bit slower than mario but has more power, forward smash has more power but sacrificec range, docs down smash is better. Mario is better at recovering. dr marios cape does more damage to an opponent than marios, pill vs fire its all a mater of preference, I personaly like the pillz better because I know how to aim them better.

My advice is try them both and see for your self. Every one is different so try both and pick the one you feel your better with.

Dr Mario can combo outta the pills and his cape does more damage than mario's Doc Mario's Punch KO's at high percentages and mario's punch spikes. Doc Mario's Cape sucks in recovering and Mario's is better. Mario's Fsmash has more range but doc's is an instant kill i think.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'm gonna put it all in one post in case something hasn't been said.

Doc's cape is shorter vertically, but longer horizontally than marios.
Mario is slightly floatier (lighter?) than Dr. Mario.
Mario wavedashes faster and longer.
Mario's fair is a meteor spike, docs sends the opponent upward and outward.
mario's fsmash has more range.
Mario Uptilt sends them up. Doc sends them up and out.
Mario Dtilt sends them up. doc sends them behind himself.
mario can wall jump, doc can not.
Doc's sex kick is most powerful during it's final frames, unlike all other sex kicks in the game.
mario's up B hits more times and has more knockback.
pills vs. fireballs of course

correct me if i'm wrong on these

Doc's sex kick is most powerful during it's final frames, unlike all other sex kicks in the game.

you pretty much summed up the differences here.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?

Mario and Doc are the same weight and have the same WD range. Mario and Doc's Dtilts both suck either way :laugh:

flaco

The Terminator
the difference is that doctor mario ia a higher rank that mario,also doctor's mario's pills are batter on impact and he has more throwing power that mario so yea for me doctor mario is better

CoM_Sreenath

Smash Rookie
I guess your not understading very well when i discribe it as "longer" width and length are very specific when discribing a dimension dont know how you get them mixed up. Just to make myself perfectly clear height is the same as width you'd know that if you went to school long or length wise is self explainatory doc's cape is longer marios is wider
if you went to school maybe you could spell

unless you did and it was futile. you must be REALLY stupid then

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
lololol at com sreenath..

but i think u cant really compair the 2...

mario-if u up throw the person u fighting up than d-air it holds them there which u can combo e-z wit..like up-throw+d-air+up-air or b-air....in which its harder to do wit doc....
DOC-wall spike is stronger than mario and if u do it at the right point it kills the person instanly..
DOC-up-b cancel i notice people dont do it but its a good set up.....1 of my combos are...down throw+up-b cancel+f-air...works all the time....
Mario-recovery is insane...his cape helps alot and he can wall jump out of his up-b....
Mario-marios cape comes out faster..(i might be wrong)
DOC-docs cape is longer which means u dont need to be up close to the person...

PILLS vs. Fireballs
i think most every 1 agrees with me when i say pills own over fireballs...but since the fireballs have a funny bounce its hard to guess where they gonna go...if ur playin a good mario player u will find ur self surrouned by fireballs....pills have a real good knock back and i think they are e-zer to land.

ummm... thats just somethings that makes both chars. good in there own way... but like every other char. they have there good and bads...and its on u how u play with them...

Desh.

Smash Lord
mario =/= faster then doc. If you check frames they're relatively the same speed. only dif is the rate that mario ATTACKS come out are faster. but in terms of movement they is the same. just mario has slliiigghhtttlllllyyyyy less lag.

Deadandlivin

Smash Apprentice
Most of what i'm writing is probably allready listed but i'd post the differenses i see:

-Docs cape is pulled in faster and seems to have a longer range. It's worse for recovering though since you dont like marios, float up in the air.

-The fair of Doc is more of a K.O attack while mario's is a meteor smash.

-Docs D+B does alittle more damage and has a longer knockback

-The pills, docs pills outpreforms marios fire bals GREATLY. Not only damage wise and knockback wise. They're moving in a completely different way bouncing in a formula making them a perfect projectile attack.

-Docs U+B isnt quite like marios. Mario's abit more horizontal.

-Docs Bair is by far more better for K.Oing, reminds of Fox and Falcos bair.
While mario's imo is better for building combos since you dont fly that much from it, reminds about DK's bair.

-Doc's slower but more powerful. But it's in such a small matter i dont really care about it.

-And probably the biggest differense, dunno incase someone have told it.
When Doc's reaching towards the ledge he's by a huge amount more bugged grabbing them from a further length and faster then Mario.
Dont really know what to call it but simply Doc's, from what i can see, is the character who can grab the ledge when the character is furthest away from the ledge.
Can go and try it out, land with a bugger distance from the ledge and you will still grab it.
Ofc i guess everyone allready knew this.

???????

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario's Fsmash has some incredible power, that and the pills are what really stood out when I first started playing him.

*Mario's moves are only about a frame faster than Dr. Mario's*

*Ironically they both can cancel their Up Bs, but in different manners*

???????

Smash Journeyman
True, but you can't deny how much we all love the Doc as "dumb" as this thread may be.

*This thread is definitely too old; we already know all the differences between Mario and Dr. Mario at this point*

marsjuan

Smash Rookie
Doc's moves are slower but stronger while Mario's moves are faster but not as powerful. His pills are stronger than Mario's fireballs but doesn't last as long.

flaco

The Terminator
Guys the owner fo these thread has not posten in 2 years whyy keep the argument?

Last Activity: 08-15-2006 11:14 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom