• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some little tiny things that annoy you?

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
I hate when someone eats your food from the fridge and tries to act like its an accident. So what you're trying to tell me is that opening the bag getting cutlery and tableware and heating it up was by mistake?

Cyndi

Smash Apprentice
Stupid telemarketers that call before 9 a.m. or after 9 p.m. at a time when we're expecting The Call Nobody Wants (the mother of my mom's best friend was on death's doorstep. She passed on this morning, bless her.)

.Marik

is a social misfit
Here's a few more...

School, wannabe gangsta's, bullies and skater punks. Also politics, the goverment is either crooked, or they lie constantly. >_>

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I hate when people when an area is suppose to be quiet and all of a sudden, some moron's cellphone starts ringing.

It gets five times more annoying when the yahoo doesn't turn it off or just answer it already.

And the person's who calling could be a pain as well. Someone doesn't answer a call (which usually means they're busy)and turn off the cell phone only for the needy caller to call back and try again.

I hate cellphones.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
When a website is taking forever to load, only to see that it turns out to be unavailable.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I get annoyed by people who chew gum in class. For gods sakes a teacher tells them to stop chewing and then their already chewing another god **** peice. I have no idea why people like gum and how its so addicting. You put somthing in your mouth that you can't eat and just chew and then the juice gets stuck in your throut cause you can't swallow the gum but all the just gets stcuk in your moulth and so on and so on. Put a peice of gum in my mouth and i would want to spit it out after like 2 minutes. So even though kids know that their not supposed to chew gum in class they do anyways for the hell of it for something i don't even know what seems so good and addicting about it and they get in trouble for it. The worst part is that theres so much crap under the desk and other places. On the bus there was gum put on the part where you put your back to and i got gum all over my bag and pants. Gum seriously tick the hell out of me. Its like tabacoo for kids.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Same with me.

I hate people who say stupid stuff like "wanna fight, I'll kill you". Then get beat up by some random 9th grader :p.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
When you've beaten someone close to a thousand times and then give them a win and they start to gloat and say your trash and totally neglect the fact that that you out rank them. I don't think I can emphasize how bad they act but its terrible.
This is why I stopped playing Mario Kart [the game doesn't even require skill, I tried explaining that but they weren't convinced] and Brawl with my friends. No matter how bad I beat them in anything as long as they win I automatically have no skill. I like to play for fun but as soon as I goof off they make a big deal so in the end it's no fun for me.

I don't even own a cell phone, though I want one for emergencies. No cameras, no gadgets, no extra crap. I doubt I'll find one unless I buy an outdated piece of junk that breaks the next day.

Cell phones are irritating anyway. I can't help but laugh at how schizo people look talking on their Bluetooth headsets while walking down the grocery aisles. :p
I can't agree with this more, I have a friend that bought a $300 phone [pre-paid, also, phones are much more expensive here] earlier this year and and now he wants to buy another one. The one he has right now has some movies, songs, videos, a camera and bluetooth and apparently he wants a 'better phone' thats going to cost even more but the funniest thing is that he never has money on his phone so he can't make calls which defeats the purpose of having a phone in the first place.

Right now my phone has $50 and it probably cost me that much and I only use it to find out where my mom or my friends are when I'm out so we can meet up more efficiently but I don't have any use for a phone that can do what my computer can do but way worse.

I also get annoyed when people label things they don't know about, stuff like saying anime is for nerds and pedophiles and misconceptions about different cultures [like fat americans], sure there is some truth to many stereotypes but a lot of the time it's just people opening their mouths without ever experiencing the topic first hand.

Toon Kink

Smash Rookie
it really irritates me whenever anyone starts political arguements on the schoolbus to school. i don't want to hear about why you're not voting for obama, dude!!!

M.K

Level 55
I hate TV Shows (doesn't matter which show) where there is a person who does all this stuff wrong/bad/illegal and doesn't get caught for the longest time or blames it on someone else.
Then, when someone tries to explain that the person is doing the bad stuff, the people disagree or flake it off or something.
I HATE that.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
People who like Kingdom Hearts 2.
No, im not kidding.

When people complain about anime dubs, and the reason is "THEY LIKE THEY SPEAK ENGLISH"

Amide

Smash Lord
My SSBB peeves:

Playing someone on wi-fi, you win 10 matches, then they win one, and quit. I mean, it is so annoying. Also, go to CF boards. "OMG, CF has potential, not worst in game." Go to the Link boards. "OMG. Link is amazing, see his dair? Some pro characters can cancel it too." Go to the, Sonic boards. "I can't believe some of the characters they put above Sonic, Shiek? She sucks in brawl."

It just annoys me when people are character fan boys, I mean, come on, give it a break.

Chryme

Smash Rookie
I dont like it when people pronounce easy words wrong...like simplicity =P

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I hate TV Shows (doesn't matter which show) where there is a person who does all this stuff wrong/bad/illegal and doesn't get caught for the longest time or blames it on someone else.
Then, when someone tries to explain that the person is doing the bad stuff, the people disagree or flake it off or something.
I HATE that.
LOL, same here. Except replace 'TV shows' with 'real life.'

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
My SSBB peeves:

Playing someone on wi-fi, you win 10 matches, then they win one, and quit. I mean, it is so annoying. Also, go to CF boards. "OMG, CF has potential, not worst in game." Go to the Link boards. "OMG. Link is amazing, see his dair? Some pro characters can cancel it too." Go to the, Sonic boards. "I can't believe some of the characters they put above Sonic, Shiek? She sucks in brawl."

It just annoys me when people are character fan boys, I mean, come on, give it a break.
That is by far nothing compared to the yoshi players all over the BTD.

slave1

Smash Lord
cocky twelve year old's whose parents spoil them and buy anything for them. then they try to act tough.

kids in third grade with cell phones. they dont need them. and seeing kids in middle school with cell phones that cost like three hundred dollars.

stupid people that get by in school by whining.

people that complain about being tired. every once in a while they have legitimate reasons but most of the time they have slept in till eleven. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
People who like Kingdom Hearts 2.
No, im not kidding.

When people complain about anime dubs, and the reason is "THEY LIKE THEY SPEAK ENGLISH"
KH2 was alright, I've heard bad things about the community but other than it being easy even on the hardest mode I didn't see anything wrong with it and the main reason I often go with subs over dubs is that they often tend to sound cheesy like half of Naruto's cast, several characters in the Onimusha and Samurai Warriors for example plus good subbers often show info to jokes that would be lost in translation.

For example, in Azumanga Daioh there was a part where Osaka [airhead] was reading a word wrong and it sounded like the japanese word for a male's reproductive organs. I'm pretty sure it would have been tough to get that joke through in a dub.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
This is why I stopped playing Mario Kart [the game doesn't even require skill, I tried explaining that but they weren't convinced] and Brawl with my friends. No matter how bad I beat them in anything as long as they win I automatically have no skill. I like to play for fun but as soon as I goof off they make a big deal so in the end it's no fun for me.

I despise when people brag about how good they are in games that don't require skill. I'm not going to talk about brawl, at the risk of a flame war, but Mario Kart Wii just pisses me off. I don't see why Nintendo feels the need to dumb down their games so much. Isn't a little learn curve a good thing sometimes? And anyways, who's ever complained that Mario Kart was ever too hard to pick up?

The whole "People in last get the broken items" system just killed the game for me. They reward you for sucking, and punish you for playing well. The items should be truly random (Maybe a tiny advantage to people who are getting lapped...). Sadly, I can't remember the last MK game where the items were fair. And what's with the lightning? INSTANTLY hits EVERYBODY no matter what? Ridiculous addition to the series.

I can't agree with this more, I have a friend that bought a $300 phone [pre-paid, also, phones are much more expensive here] earlier this year and and now he wants to buy another one. The one he has right now has some movies, songs, videos, a camera and bluetooth and apparently he wants a 'better phone' thats going to cost even more but the funniest thing is that he never has money on his phone so he can't make calls which defeats the purpose of having a phone in the first place.

Right now my phone has $50 and it probably cost me that much and I only use it to find out where my mom or my friends are when I'm out so we can meet up more efficiently but I don't have any use for a phone that can do what my computer can do but way worse.

Expensive phones = Fail. They are unnecessary in almost any situation. Unless you're some company CEO who travels around the world making huge business decisions every few minutes, you do not need a phone that surfs the internet, plays videos and music, has a gps system, full keyboard, and touch screen.
I HATE that.
Yeah, even though stuff like that is always part of the plot, it's annoying as hell. The worst is when a character does tons of bad things and then you're expected to still love that character. Sometimes this can work, like in a comedy about crime or something, but usually it's just crap.

you can't be serious. Wind Waker and Okami are some of the best looking games around, how can you think like this
Anyone who tries to enforce their opinion upon someone else is wrong.

cocky twelve year old's whose parents spoil them and buy anything for them. then they try to act tough.

Currently, such kids are my nemesises? Nemisisie? Nemesi? Ah, forget it. I just hate kids like that! BAH!

kids in third grade with cell phones. they dont need them. and seeing kids in middle school with cell phones that cost like three hundred dollars.

When I see a kid younger than 10 (That's being nice), I want to punch them (Or their parents).

stupid people that get by in school by whining.

It's the worst when a teacher gives certain kids little grade bump-ups because they suck. It's like Mario Kart Wii in real life! WHY?!
Mah answahs be in bold!

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
This smiley :embarrass annoys me. It's called "embarrassment," but it shows no signs of embarrassment anywhere on it.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
The whole kart thing wasn't just Mario kart. This also happens in CTR, when last place got that huge electric thing that looked like an upside down Poke ball. That's how they balance it out. In Double Dash, I referred to the spiny shell as a "trash to skill missile." I'll agree with the fact that these weapons can be used "gayly," i.e. someone holding these unfair weapons even when they catch up, and then unleashing them when you are about to win, but these games can still be fun. CTR mainly, though. Classic.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
It's the worst when a teacher gives certain kids little grade bump-ups because they suck. It's like Mario Kart Wii in real life! WHY?!

I hate that! This idiot in my Math class does no work at all. He doesn't even come to school (he comes about 2 1/2 times a week). One day he says something ground breaking and all of a sudden the teacher goes "I never thought of that (your a teacher -.-)! Brilliant job! *starts clapping* Let's give him a round of applause."

He got a 65% in Math (He deserved a fail!)

Red Wolf

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4527-8509-1299
people rubbing the shoes on the cement covered with some sand...the sound is just so annoying!!!!!...I am getting the shivers just thinking about it :(

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Camp counselors who get treated like crap on their real jobs, so they act arrogant and despotic when they get that little bit of power.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
KH2 was alright, I've heard bad things about the community but other than it being easy even on the hardest mode I didn't see anything wrong with it and the main reason I often go with subs over dubs is that they often tend to sound cheesy like half of Naruto's cast, several characters in the Onimusha and Samurai Warriors for example plus good subbers often show info to jokes that would be lost in translation.

For example, in Azumanga Daioh there was a part where Osaka [airhead] was reading a word wrong and it sounded like the japanese word for a male's reproductive organs. I'm pretty sure it would have been tough to get that joke through in a dub.
No, I've met so many fans.
They say it was THEE best RPG on the PS2
I name a few great RPG's on the ps2 and why KH2 isnt that great...and trust me..it isnt that great.
And he says its good BECAUSE IT HAS AMAZING CHARACTER DESIGNS

Oh, im a fan of Azumanga, saw all the eps and have the 4 volumes hidden in my room..somewhere.I can imagine this scene wouldn translate well, lol
Anyway, I should have worded it better
Its not so much that the jokes dont translate well, its that the fact that they are speaking english
It would translate perfectly, but they complain because they arent speaking Japanese

My SSBB peeves:

You think Link and C.Falcon are bad?
Go to the Yoshi boards.
But, Yoshi isnt all that bad
Its just his devil spawn of a shield.

Urb

Smash Journeyman
This smiley :embarrass annoys me. It's called "embarrassment," but it shows no signs of embarrassment anywhere on it.
THAT, my friend, is where you are mistaken! Scientists who have developed the same observations about the notorious "red embarrassed smilie" used super advanced technologies to magnify the image 700x and found these disturbing results:

The top and bottom lines in the shape that is believed to be the mouth, at extreme magnifications, spell out the words: "I'm Embaressed."

We belive the word "embaressed" to simply be a typo.

Once again, science has proven that a smilie has a refernce somewhere on it that relates to its title.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
I also get annoyed when people label things they don't know about, stuff like saying anime is for nerds and pedophiles and misconceptions about different cultures [like fat americans], sure there is some truth to many stereotypes but a lot of the time it's just people opening their mouths without ever experiencing the topic first hand.
The thing is that all stereotypes are bad. I don't mean to make you sound bad or anything but every one stereotype in some way demeans another [NOUN]. And also there are a lot of evil stereotypes (anyway they're never good). Coincidence is the word your looking for.

I hate when people try to belittle your comment/belief because it isn't publicly favored. "What's right isn't always popular and what's popular isn't always right". They often try to take away your right to have an opinion due to their delusion that theirs is superior when in fact its an alternative.

Top Bottom