• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are Ike's good/bad stages?

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Since Ike is the most used character in the game (at least to me, there are over 10 people on my friends roster who main him, out of about 30) I'd like to know what stages to go to so that I can have a bit of an easier time playing against him. Thank you for your help. =)

Hinote

Smash Cadet
I like smaller stages with platforms because it makes camping harder and killing easier. If you main Samus (which I assume that you do), I'd suggest large stages with no platforms (Final Destination).

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Flat stages are the best for Ike.
That and Onett, Ike's crazy reach and power make him a murder machine in Onett.

Worst; personally I think Skyworld is one of the worst. Mostly this is because of the destructible platforms. Half the time Aether destroys them during recovery and you die anyway.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Flat stages without platforms are terrible for ike, not to mention that platforms give him a huge advantage (being above ike is a death wish, walking around above ike is worse)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
flat stages to spam projectiles on him. otherwise it's in ike's favor. Ike really has no bad stages as he can do good anywhere. Platforms just boost his ability. Flatness supports QD. So ike gets one of those two advantages usually.

Boon :o

Smash Journeyman
Flat stages without platforms are terrible for ike, not to mention that platforms give him a huge advantage (being above ike is a death wish, walking around above ike is worse)
Yea, flat stages without platforms are usually a huge disadvantage to Ike, if he's facing a person with long range and projectiles, but if Ike is going against another melee rounded type, he'll do pretty well.
A good, and maybe easy, way to kill Ike is get a person with good edge guarding abilities, his quick draw and aether aren't that sucessful in recovering from off the stage if you know how to gaurd it correctly.

Off the top of my head, I would pick Zelda to go against Ike, her down smash sends you almost horizontally all the way across the map, with no lift, so Ike wouldn't be able to recover and her dense fire is pretty annoying if you're Ike.

Rakath

Smash Ace
The absolute worse stage for Ike is Bridge of Eldin without question. Especially if you play someone with a projectile. Once the bridge blows up leap to the other side of the hole and just spam on him. It will keep him pinned for a while and if you can time your projectiles and jumps you can keep him in trouble for a while.

AgentLemon921

Smash Rookie
I personally like Shadow Moses Island when playing Ike. The platforms, of course, definitely support ike. However, on Shadow Moses the lack of a bottom KO pit means his less-than-stellar recovery can't be taken advantage of. And as an added bonus, you can chain his strong moves that normally would never, ever be combo'ed together using the walls on the side.

MeestaWombat

Smash Rookie
ike wins in everything besides speed and recovery. play smart against him. if he's charging side b, jump over him. if he's spamming fair, run away and projectile.

essentially, counter aggression with hit and run tactics.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Off the top of my head, I would pick Zelda to go against Ike, her down smash sends you almost horizontally all the way across the map, with no lift, so Ike wouldn't be able to recover and her dense fire is pretty annoying if you're Ike.

Zelda actually isnt too too tough to match up against ike, though it's pretty close overall. Her down smash is the only real real danger (and the obvious things you should be avoiding anyway), but that might just be because the main guy I play against plays zelda. One of the better ways to deal with zelda is actually eruption, at least in the air, and she's at a huge huge huge disadvantage if ike is below her at all. Keep her off her feet or at least somewhere over your head and you're fine.

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
I find Green Greens to be a good Ike stage. Ike likes the close sides and low ceiling, and the blocks tend to, well, block projectiles.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Green Greens has been turned of with me.
Anyway, I usually just go for Battlefield. Final D is only a problem against some characters imo. Like Zelda, Falco and Lucas (yes Lucas). Samus her missiles are slow and easy to dodge and her beam is hardly used by most Samus players anyway (although you should against Ike, you have the time). On top, she has slow falling speed, which is bad against Ike, and QD can be really, really good on FD. So I wouldn't recommend Samus there.

Overall however, I haven't experienced any stages really bad for Ike, except Skyworld of course, but we already turned it off because of all the wall and ceiling teching there.

raph21

Smash Rookie
i always picks plain stages or plain with few plaforms. here are some i use:
final destination, battlefield, halberd, delfino plaza, corneria, the other one of fox i forgot its name, green greens, luigis mansion, the one from animal crossing, and some 1's i made the others i dont remember em well xD

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Summit.
The structure of the stage blocks off projectiles, the pockets of space help Ike with his smashes, etc.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I always like to see threads bumped even though they died ages ago.
I have trouble against Ike on Battlefield, but then I main Sonic and he's awful on Battlefield lol.

jdarkeye

Smash Rookie
The best ike stages are Delfino plaza and final destionation the worst i would say is....skyworld cant recover much there

Dritz

Smash Rookie
I would say his best are Frigate Orpheon, Castle Siege (unless your giant Ike before the transformations, he is just a bit too tall), Pirate Ship and Norfair. Worst are Skyworld, Hanenbow, and Final Destination

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Meh I'm still not sure it would do that. That side of the stage has a lot of room and it is pretty far away from the actual floor of the stage.

Seems like all that room just leaves you open to simple gimps from anyone who has the ability to come back from anywhere in the stage. It's part of the reason why its so good for multi jumpers and ROB.

Sunstar

Smash Apprentice
I wonder why nobody has mentioned the yoshis island stage (brawl)
i think normaly ike is quiet good on it, but he can (easily) be gimped on that stage

if ike does his up b move to recover, while the other character stands near to the edge of the stage and uses shield and ike comes down, smashing against the shield he will be pushed from the stage... the lag of his recovery move is so long, that he has not a change to revover again...

like this:

(pic from the dojo, edited with paint)

zippo074

Smash Cadet
On of the worst stages with ike, is metroid (You know, the stage that flips all the time? Lol) He SD's ALOT there... But, the best stage I find is Onett or Green greens.

Top Bottom