• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What 5 characters take the most skill?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
1.Ic's idk,i just find them the most difficult to use D:
2. Peach- turnip and floaty game
3.Snake- lol dont need to say
4.IKe- i say you need more mind games lol
5.Samus,you need good spacing

nightSN

Smash Ace
5. Marth. In order to use Marth effectively, you have to learn how to space well, especially if you want to get an early KO. Basically, most of his meta game revolves around spacing. However, spacing is hard to do well in brawl. Also, you have to transition between both 'tippered' and 'untippered' attacks if you want to use Marth effectively. If you want to combo your opponents, don't hit them with the tip of your sword. If you want to do a lot of damage and or KO them, you have to hit them with the tip of your sword. However, attacking your opponent with the tip of Marth's sword is hard to do. Therefore when starting out with Marth, it can be really hard to get KOs on your opponent. Therefore, you need to be fairly good at spacing your moves if you want to do well with him.
the same thing would go to lucario. but honestly i think spacing and tipping and non-tipping can only go so far.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Imho

Yoshi
ZSS
Snake (when used properly)
Sonic
ICs infinites.

Smudge

Smash Lord
Sonic
Snake
Link
Diddy Kong
Peach

They seem like the ones to me that if you put some real effort in to and just learn everything will give you the biggest pay-off.

But hey, I could be wrong :D

Excellence

Smash Champion
1. Ice Climbers
2. Snake
3. Olimar
4. Diddy Kong
5. Zero Suit Samus

C-C-C-C-CAPITAN FALCON! If you can become pro with Capitan Falcon there really isn't much stopping you from enslaving the entire world.

Nic64

Smash Lord
no particular order

ZSS
Snake
Diddy
Marth
Peach

if you want to be technical the difficulty of winning with like, captain falcon or ganondorf is astronomical because it's more or less impossible at times, I only listed characters I feel are legitimate threats

Atria

Smash Journeyman
the same thing would go to lucario. but honestly i think spacing and tipping and non-tipping can only go so far.
True. In Lucario's case however, I think that this will revolve around what percentage he's at. In Marth's case however, I think this revolves around what percentage your opponent is at. Man these 2 characters sound so similar now. They still have their obvious differences between them however.

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
I'm rather surprised by the lack of Ganondorf's and Captain Falcon's as peoples choices. Have you seen their match up threads? Even if every single technique is easy to pull of, you need an incredible amount of skill to take these guys ANYWHERE, definitely takes more skill than most.

.CMW.

Vayseth

Smash Master
The most technical characters are definitely:

1. Link (far most ATs that I can think of, and plenty of tricks with projectiles = TECHNICAL. If you do not do these... link is utterly garbage. They MAKE him who he is, which isn't much).

2. Falco (sliding pivot grabs, Short hop double laser, mastering recovery by angling up B and canceling side B. Doing them isn't hard. Doing them consistently for 8 minutes is.)

3. Ice Climbers (desync blizzard/iceblock/taunts/smashes/etc, chaingrabbing, saving nana. USELESS without these things.)

4. Diddy Kong (banana placement followed by moving fluidly constantly glide tossing everywhere leads to a large learning curve. He's nowhere near as threatening without that constant movement and pressure.)

5. Pit/Snake (both have a slew of ATs and depth to them which makes playing them at a high level important. Playing them at a decent level is possible without the ATs however)

sasook

Smash Champion
I just want to state something. A lot of you are saying Link is a good choice for this topic - he is, it's very true that you have to work very hard to get even a decent Link. A lot of you are also saying that without his AT's, he's trash. The truth is, yes he is. But a lot of you are saying he has no chance whatsoever without his AT's.

This is incorrect.

The best Link in the world (Deva, not Izaw) barely uses any ATs at all. Don't believe me? Go search Deva vs. DSF on youtube.

Kief

Smash Ace
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that!!!!!

and why in gods good name have i heard mk and marth be mentioned here?! like seriously? lol. and i shouldnt even need reasoning for that. :laugh:

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers take the most skill, just because if you don't know the chaingrabs you are gona get *****.

And the Infinites are hard to learn...

hectichobo

Smash Ace
1. melee Kirby, simply because he sucked so much :p
I owned with melee Kirby tyvm.

On Topic:
Link
Ganondorf
ROB
Luke and Ness (They are so good when you understand how to use them)
Diddy (I can't use Diddy. He is so hard to use IMO.)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that!!!!!

and why in gods good name have i heard mk and marth be mentioned here?! like seriously? lol. and i shouldnt even need reasoning for that. :laugh:
Like seriously I thought we were playing BARLW where Marth takes skill? lolwut.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
1 through 5 is random, Simply because you never know who's next.

but on a more serious note. I'd say:

1. Link
2. Bowser
3. Ganondorf
4. Capt. Falcon
5. Mario

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
If Captain Falcon isn't #1 hardest then I hope your lists start with sandbag or some impossible character...

Vayseth

Smash Master
I just want to state something. A lot of you are saying Link is a good choice for this topic - he is, it's very true that you have to work very hard to get even a decent Link. A lot of you are also saying that without his AT's, he's trash. The truth is, yes he is. But a lot of you are saying he has no chance whatsoever without his AT's.

This is incorrect.

The best Link in the world (Deva, not Izaw) barely uses any ATs at all. Don't believe me? Go search Deva vs. DSF on youtube.
Done. He does use the dash canceled up smash in them, amongst other ATs. YOU HAVE TO.

Browny

Smash Hater
People saying Snake boggles the mind...

i mean seriously, ftilt/dthrow until 100% then utilt. how hard is that lol? and marth being difficult coz of spacing... gee its soooo hard to spam retreating f-airs into a dtilt upon landing.

Any character with a stupidly good, quick and safe damage dealing move with a lot of KO options can hardly be called skillful. i mean seriously, G&W is considered one of the easiest characters to be good with, how is he so different to snake/marth? space your high priority damage dealing attacks all game and then KO at the appropriate % with one of many ko attacks.

meh

btw peach gets my unbiased vote for having a high difficulty curve

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman
not marth.

PT would be one of the most, because you have to get good at all 3 to be decent.

Top Bottom