• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westminster, May 5th Biweekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I'm from Australia. I played in the Jack Garden Tourney, Ken should remember me.
Anyway, I'm posting here to let you know that a good friend of mine, (and a good smasher at that) CAOTIC is moving from down here to up there really soon. I'm hoping he can attend your bi-weekly event and get some play in while he's over there for the next year. He plays a few characters, but the most notable would be Bowser, which he plays at a considerable level considering it's Bowser, and is considered one of the best players from down here. He wont eat much, and would be more than happy to provide the cash and food I'm sure, since he's always been more than generous with us down here. He's far from reaching his potential as a player, but with some help from you guys schoolin him I'm sure he'll improve fast.
Hope you guys consider having him over, he's a blast.
Later.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
No results posted?

Teams

1st SoCal Elites ( Ken and Mike)
2nd Team Ken (Helen and ThomaSexy)
3rd Cool Guys (Hugs and Gabe)

Singles

1st Ken
2nd Hugs
3rd Mana
4th ThomaSexy

alucardimed

Smash Rookie
wow, i can't believe you live 4 minutes away from me, i just checked the time on yahoo maps. too bad i suck though, id lose in the first round :( dont c a point in going

manacloud1

Smash Champion
wtf?

alright let me point this out to all the people who have this mind set of just losing right away. A long time ago everyone use to suck. Ken and I decided to create these bi weeklies after seeing how North cal improved so much and overall improved with their entire smash community. So we started this, gaining more new people as we go along opening our house to them and providing knowledge of outside competition and ken actually giving them matches to get them good. If you think you suck, get over yourself, everyone starts out somewhere. The more you attend the better youll get, even if you live far away its every two weeks plus its the cheapest bi weekly to attend. 5 for singles and 5 for doubles isnt a lot of money, including u get a chance at Ken and alot of great players. Its just overall skill learning. Now, a good example is super friends aka Hugos crew. They use to lose to my little sister now hugo is a great player and so are the rest of the people who attend our bi weeklies. If you have the mindset of already losing and dont want to attend dont even bother posting that your going to lose so u dont want to attend because we dont need your ****. That is all. Btw, im a nice guy i only post like this when people piss me off.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, hopefully Clinton can start coming to these bi-weeklies too. He got a job and he said he can afford it now. But we'll see. Hopefully he's good on his word because Ness is such an unorthodox character that no one can handle him when he's played on that high of a level. I just need to retrain him because he sucks now.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thanks to Mike (awesome guy) I'll be coming to the 24th Bi-Weekly, with all the requirements. I'll be trying to figure out how I'll get around, but that's half the fun of being somewhere foreign. Can't wait to see some **** fine Smash, yeaaaa!

Thanks to Shaz as well. [/Aussie accent]

alucardimed

Smash Rookie
wow, calm down man, and the real reason i might not be going is becuz i have a total of $1.02 total, need to find a way to make money before i can actually join, cant get a job yet and have no allowance. made that stuff about not going cuz i sucked up XD. not that i dont. but wow on the response. no hard feelings man, i just tend to lie without me knowing it for some reason.

Seppukumaru

Smash Cadet
i didn't really play as well as i usually do, too bad, i started playing world of warcraft and just started ignorging other things, like eating, yea, i play wow, i can play other things besides smash **** it. but, anyways, i got my license now so me and azn leprechaun can start going more often. maybe to the next one.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Hey good games to everyone. I had a lot of fun, and will likely be attending the next one. I think gabe and I coulda done better on teams but we had to play ken and mana twice, crap happens :).

It was a lot of fun, i look forward to the next one. And i agree with mike, people who don't go to tournies because they think they are just wasting their money and would lose are lame. Those are the people that are not worth playing with in my book. So dont wuss out man, get urself 5 bucks and come on down.

AlphaMetroid

Smash Apprentice
manacloud1 said:
it was a fun bi weekly, but be sure to keep going to these, however, for some it may be too late to get on the list for others it might not. Im keep track of people going so im going to keep adding names. So far you have to attend atleast 8 bi weeklies to be able to get on the list.

hirshine you play the piano very well and thanks for the random pizza O.o. :psycho:
hey, i was at the last biweekly and it was my first time. ....i dont understand what this list thing is? ...so if i show up 7 more times, i get on the list? whats it for? can you explain?
:confused:

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
Sounds like I missed one of the best biweeklies :(!!! Oh wellz, hopefully I'll be able to show up to the special biweekly...doesn't look like i'll be able to go to the next two, tho...>_<;;;

Mana: Now, I know for sure i've attended more then 8 biweeklies in a lifetime, but i'm assuming you meant this season's biweeklies...I think I've only missed 2 biweeklies (that is, including the one last week) so what am I at so far? Oh, and I went to a lot of them last season too :O

Charoo

Smash Champion
Great biweekly as usual. New faces are always nice.

Also every1 should come with a mind that they will leave there with a victory. If you come here thinking you will lose then you will lose. So don't put yourself down.

Ken- Thanks for the housing, you are awsome. Ken you too good with cheap kills haha. I guess I should master the cheap kill too.

Mike - Also thanks for the housing. You got me all scare with RE4 man! Also those magic trick were crazy.

Hugo - Why must you beomce Buu? I leanr a lot from our match and I think I know what to do now. Anyways great matches as usual.

Every1 else - Keep getting better so u can rep Socal. THE POWER IS YOURS!!!

p.s. - Stop banning my best stage

manacloud1

Smash Champion
let me explain

dark fire in the total listing on my list i have you at 5 bi weeklies and u need a total of 8 to get on the list. It seems its impossible for some to make the list now but no fret. The only difference between list members and non list members is they must bring an additional item so its not like a killer non invite thing. For those who reach 8 will make the list so i will add them for the new people im sorry you wont be able to make the list so youll just have to pay the extra item sorry nothing i can do. If you have any further questions just ask. :chuckle: Last bi weekly was pretty awesome, a lot of good matches.

AlphaMetroid

Smash Apprentice
manacloud1 said:
dark fire in the total listing on my list i have you at 5 bi weeklies and u need a total of 8 to get on the list. It seems its impossible for some to make the list now but no fret. The only difference between list members and non list members is they must bring an additional item so its not like a killer non invite thing. For those who reach 8 will make the list so i will add them for the new people im sorry you wont be able to make the list so youll just have to pay the extra item sorry nothing i can do. If you have any further questions just ask. :chuckle: Last bi weekly was pretty awesome, a lot of good matches.
oh i think i get it... So since im not on the list and i plan to attend the next biweekly, i will have to bring an extra item?... like what?

sorry about all the questions, its better for me to know before i show up. Rather then just showing up.

Charoo

Smash Champion
I think people doesn't understand this Mike so I'll try to help them otu too...

LISTEN UP PEOPLE!!!

THE LIST IS FOR THE SPECIAL BIWEEKLY ONLY!!!

THE SPECIAL BIWEEKLY IS ON 12/24/05!!!!

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BRING FOOD FOR OTHER BIWEEKLY BUT IF U WANT TO I'M SURE PEOPLE WILL EAT!!!

I REPEAT!!!

THE LIST IS ONLY FOR THE SPECIAL BIWEEKLY ON 12/24/05!!!

NOT ANY OTHER BIWEEKLY!!!

IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE LIST U JUST HAVE TO BRING 15 DOLLAR WORTH OF FOOD AND ANOTHER FOOD INSTEAD OF 15 DOLLAR WORTH OF FOOD!!!

THAT IS ALL!!!

NAZN TYR

Smash Journeyman
hahaha, 16$ food instead of 15. I'm in luck, there are 2 biweeklys left before the special, and my count is 6. score! i'll probably bring extra to help out anyways, i just want to make the list.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

champs got everything right except for one thing, if your NOT I repeat NOt on the list you must bring 15 bucks worth of food , in addition to that an additional item meaning not one dollar, like a plate of barbeque chicken wings, a packet of soda, 2 bags of chips, chip dipping sauce aka onion dip, bean dip, or cheesy dip. Plastic cups or paper plates, bag of already made lettuce for all those vegitarian smashers. Cup cakes, cookies, hamburger meat already cook and hamburger buns. I mean the possibilities are endless. If you are to make food wash your freaking hands, nobody wants smash diarrhea. Also i want to mention bring 10 extra bucks to see if we do hold a tourney that day else your going to be left out and just sitting their watch the rest of us play and if u dont enter the tourney no friendlies for YOU and i mean it. :mad: . Btw, possibly a crew tourney might be done as well who knows, its a special bi weekly.

AlphaMetroid

Smash Apprentice
Charoo said:
I think people doesn't understand this Mike so I'll try to help them otu too...

LISTEN UP PEOPLE!!!

THE LIST IS FOR THE SPECIAL BIWEEKLY ONLY!!!

THE SPECIAL BIWEEKLY IS ON 12/24/05!!!!

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BRING FOOD FOR OTHER BIWEEKLY BUT IF U WANT TO I'M SURE PEOPLE WILL EAT!!!

I REPEAT!!!

THE LIST IS ONLY FOR THE SPECIAL BIWEEKLY ON 12/24/05!!!

NOT ANY OTHER BIWEEKLY!!!

IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE LIST U JUST HAVE TO BRING 15 DOLLAR WORTH OF FOOD AND ANOTHER FOOD INSTEAD OF 15 DOLLAR WORTH OF FOOD!!!

THAT IS ALL!!!

Ohhh i see, ok thanks alot. I understand now ;)

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
Arash posted
of course, food for regular biweeklies is greatly appreciated (i ate half a pizza)
Didn't I take alot out of that pizza too? :laugh:
I guess arriving at the house you would expect to have food, especially when you arrive at 12pm.

I should bring a pizza that has candian beacon for the Special Bi-weekly.

But anyway, I can go to the 11/24/05 Bi
Now, I'm just wondering if people come to 11/24/05

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
lemme get this straight, the next bi-weekly is on 11/24 (Thursday aka Thanksgiving) and not 11/26 (Saturday) right? I was just wondering cuz i never saw Ken/Mike say it would be moved and the front page still has 11/26 listed. Sorry if there was a post saying this and I missed it.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Oh wait wtf

****ing hirsine confused me.

I meant i will show up on the 26th.

11/26

If it is on the 26th that is. I can make it on the 26th, not the 24th.
Is it not on a saturday? Cuz that would be really gay if it wasn't, i called the day off for saturday. And i dont think a LOT of people would be able to make it on thanksgiving day.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
hmm... well i can make it on thanksgiving, but not on saturday. So, if it's staying on thanksgiving, i'll be there for sure. i think i can also bring a pizza for arash.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
alright everyone listen

we are CANCELING THANKS GIVING BREAK HOLIDAY because not only ken is going to be at mlg atlanta most people are busy on this day spending it with their family. I myself cant run the bi weekly because i have a thanks giving party to attend with my old sister and younger sister. Sorry, but i guess everyone has to wait till the special bi weekly now so once again I apologize, but i myself am rather busy so I am CANCELLING IT.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
no way i would actually make it to the one on the 26th thats a free weekend for me

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
Mama mia! :urg:

Well I just restarted my training Friday (11/12--to--11/18, so I have been being bad :laugh: )
And yes, I forgot is was on 11/26 not 11/24.

From the post of Manacloud.....
Sorry, but i guess everyone has to wait till the special bi weekly now so once again I apologize, but i myself am rather busy so I am CANCELLING IT.
So this means no Bi till 12/24/05 right? :cry:

NAZN TYR

Smash Journeyman
nooo!!! that makes my number count 7 when the special comes around, i'm not going to be on the list! oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom