• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westminster, May 5th Biweekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
dammit gus

Tavo_7 said:
I'm going to Knott's Scary Farm this saturday >_> but that opens at 7pm. I might be able to come, but leave around 4pm or so, not sure. XD (might make an appearance :p will probably need a team partner)

and if i do show, no costume for me X_X you won't see my big *** as sheik lol
**** gus, i would give anything to see your *** get scared ahahahah.

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
Dear lord, even I might not to be able to show up anymore!

I had you all fooled, didn't I? :D!

Anywho...I think I might take pizza over there again...god knows how long it would take jack in the box to make 30 tacos...

Charoo

Smash Champion
taco bell > del taco > jack in the box

1/2lb Beef & potato burito is too good!! $1.29 is such a good deal too.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
that might be true champ, but del taco on a tuesday can never be beaten!

i would go to biweekly, but its my friends birthday on saturday/hes my ride to biweekly usually, so yeah. hope everyone has fun/happy birthday ken/ill be at next biweekly

del taco tuesday>taco bell>del taco>jack in the box

the tier list has been made!

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
Originally By Tavo 7
how can people even eat at del taco >_< that place is gross X_X
Yar........I be non-meating and non-fishing person or a vegatrian(i don't know how to spell it :()

But anyway yeah......................I'll be there! ;)

NAZN TYR

Smash Journeyman
dude, taco tuesday is 1.09 in my side of costa mesa (oc), they jacked up the price after me and my friends but 69 tacos, and then another group came in for 100, and so on for a whole day. but anyways... del taco is the best, cause you can wrap a hard taco in a soft taco, and then stuff it with french fries

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
Good Times!

Even though it was a more like a Super Training Day rather than the normal tournament.
Sorry that I had to leave abruptly. My dad wanted me out the door when they got there. :dizzy:

Anyways, I think everyone has improved :grin: I was getting tried and sweaty going against Ken, Mana and the 2vs2 fights.(Especially with Mana beng Falco and Me being :samus:

We need the Super Friends to finish this food :hunger: :hunger: :hunger: :hunger: :hunger: :hunger: :hunger: :hunger: :smash:

See you next Bi-weekly!

ps. Yes I do eat pepperoni, but I eat it once every 2 months. And tell me how good my Audtion CD ok? ;)

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
Even though it was a small biweekly, it was by far the best training session I've had in my life. 20 matches against Ken? 20 matches against Mike? 20 matches against champ? Aiyaaaa~~~

Mike: Can't beat your Samus...yet. I don't know how to fight Samus very well. I just keep on eating those missiles like candy, eh? I did, however, take out your Falco on FD(yes, you did beat me three times in a row after that as falco...)...and your GW, and your jiggs, and your bowser...no johnz ;D Oh, and we didn't get to MM mangz...my Marth against your dorf. We'll do that next time >:D

Ken: Happy birthday man :D Thanks for playing me in so many matches. I learned a lot from our match, and I can see how you took out japans best as well as how you reign over the U.S. Indeed, GGz.

Champ: I don't like Ice cream or Cake. Woo. x_X;

Anyway, in our 20 or so matches...I killed you, you killed me more...rawr. I am too easy to grab, aren't I? It's because I'm not incredibly fast...but I'll be moving tons faster in 2 weeks. I'll be chain grabbing your *** into next week, b*tch!

Nazn guyz: My Link > your Link, and that's final.

You got a lot better, but don't think mine and your Marth are closely matched, I <RECENTLY> began maining Marth again. I still have sheik timing, so after I played ken/champ/mike my skillz with Marth have improvedz. I'm going to three stock you in 2 weeks, get ready >=D

Hirsine: Your a lot better then I thought you were. Your a dirty camper tho...but I still overcame the campingness. GGz.

Everyone else: GGz...everyone improved. Be ready in 2 weeks...

CompyFranko

Smash Apprentice
That was my first bi-weekly at Ken's house, and it was pretty fun. I didn't win too many matches, but I got some good hits in. I think I even got a little better.

I had a feeling there would be too much food.
<_<

But apparently there are usually more people at the event then there were this time.

One of the Smashers (what was your name?) taught me the importance of Y. Link's sword plant. That was definitely helpful.

Wasn't there supposed to be a prize for the best costume? I suppose you gave it after I left. Didn't want me to steal the award, huh?

Oh, I think I left my camera at your house Ken. I won't be able to get it back until the next bi-weekly. Tell you what, consider it a gift. Use up the rest of the film if you want. I just wanted to take pictures for my friends who weren't able to make it, but they should be there next time.

Which reminds me, my friends and I are looking forward to taking down Aresh(sp?) in pokemon next bi-weekly. I attest to have more skill in pokemon than Smash Bros.

*mumbles something about losing controller on the bus*

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
biweekly was really fun, i hope all you who got ken training got a lot better! sorry there wasnt a tournament this time for those who wanted one... next time for sure

thanks to those who got me a b-day present, very much appreciated, you guys are too kind!

Charoo

Smash Champion
it was a very fun tourney still, and I think the food still ran out haha,

Ken I know u were surprise when u saw the box! Just admit it! Anyways happy birthday, and I hope u like the present.

I'm still sick on friday so I hope I didn't get any1 sick there.

Overall really fun, and can't wait for the next one. Practice up or something!

Arash

Smash Lord
o man, now i have to go next saturday to beat you at emerald, franko

though i do play by some rules:
-no uber pokemon (stuff like legendary trios are ok)
-sleep and freeze clauses (only 1 poke on the opposing team can be put to sleep / frozen at the same time). rest doesn't count, and you can have 1 asleep and 1 frozen
-nothing over level 100, no illegal movesets, no hacked stats, you get the idea
-species clause (6 different pokes on the team)

that should be ok though

oh and btw, november 12th is my birthday, so i probably can't stay too long as my family has something planned for me.

CompyFranko

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to disappoint, but I just realized I won't be able to go to the next bi-weekly. I forgot that I am going to my aunt's wedding. Man, I'm so bummed out now. I was training new pokemon all yesterday too. Meh, oh well, I guess I'll have to go to the event after next. I'll try to send my friend who plays pokemon and smash bros in my stead.

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
Only 3 more days to go!

Checking...............

6th Biweekly 11/26/05: At this date MLG Atlanta starts. So does this mean no Bi?
If there is one, will Thanksgiving interfere with it?

8th Biweekly 12/24/05: Christmas! There might be a problem with "Get together with da family" holiday, even I might not come!

I just thinking ahead, that's all ;)

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Hirsine said:
Checking...............

6th Biweekly 11/26/05: At this date MLG Atlanta starts. So does this mean no Bi?
If there is one, will Thanksgiving interfere with it?

8th Biweekly 12/24/05: Christmas! There might be a problem with "Get together with da family" holiday, even I might not come!

I just thinking ahead, that's all ;)

theres still going to be a biweekly on 11/26 but i wont be here, mike will be hosting

and 8th biweekly? i thought christmas is on the 25th? we'll see but that one is supposed to be a special biweekly with special guests here... ill see what happens maybe the week after

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
Since Mario Kart DS is coming out in a few days, I was wondering if we can have some Mk on one of the biweeklies. Its just a suggestion as im not sure how many people own a DS.

Ken if you have a DS ill kick your ??? on MK.

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
Sorry guys, I can't show up to this biweekly...or the one after next...or the one after that...and so on...until the christmas biweekly x_X

manacloud1

Smash Champion
btw

I have been watching people who have shown up to the bi weeklies and i know who you are, for the special bi weekly those that didnt show up enough will have to contribute extra its invite only as before like every year. :mad: If your asking why im doing this? Simple lets not forget, these bi weeklies help you get better and just because person " A " wants to be cheap and wants to gain the most out of his money he wants to just show up at the special and play out his hearts content. After attending mlg La I realize there are a lot of smashers in the so cal community they just dont want to attend the bi weeklies, they rather show to a large tourney and spend 20 bucks etc. So Ill be posting a list of those who got invites and those who dont.

Heres my list so far of people who are welcomed - All they have to do is contribute ( 15 bucks to the food size , those who arent have to contribute 15 , plus something special ) and this is per person. Those who are going from out of state, or north cal, will have to contribute 15 bucks only because they are from out of state. If your curious if youve made the list just post.

In addition, if you think this is way expensive, dont attend, we dont need another mouth to come and be cheap and just eat everything in site, in addition play tons of matches with top competition. However, if you just dont have the money lol, your pretty much a loser, if DARKFiRE could save up so can you.

Special Guest List + people who have made the list:::::::::::::::::
(note just because they are special guest or out of state doesnt mean they made the list, btw, if you got a plus (+) symbol next to your name you made the list because you attended enough bi weeklies)
1) Champ (+)
2) Mike MOnkey, Vidjo , chu dat ( special guest), Pc chris (maybe)
3) BobMoney, Hyuga , NintendoKing, zivilynbane, (north cal)
4) Arash (+)
5) what is fear and his friend whatever his name is (+)
6) gabe and wolf (+)
7) thomas sexy (+)
8) caotic (australia )
9) skills ( New york)

waiting to be added

==========================
definite food items people are bringing
==============================
names items
==============================
1)

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
ive been showing up to these biweeklys since june, would that be considered as attending enough of them? i dont even know if i can make the super special biweekly at the moment, but it would be cool to be on "the list".

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
What is Fear: If I drove to your house, could you give me a ride the rest of the way on Saturday to the bi-weekly? I did some patch up work on my car but I don't trust it to go long distances. Is that okay? How long do you plan to stay at the bi-weekly?

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
me going this saturday looks pretty grim, considering my friend marc (my 2v2 teammate) just got a job, and is most likely working on saturday. if i do somehow go, i would totally give you a ride, but it might be better to find another option cause i dont even know if im going at this point.

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
manacolud posted
I have been watching people who have shown up to the bi weeklies and i know who you are, for the special bi weekly those that didnt show up enough will have to contribute extra its invite only as before like every year. If your asking why im doing this? Simple lets not forget, these bi weeklies help you get better and just because person " A " wants to be cheap and wants to gain the most out of his money he wants to just show up at the special and play out his hearts content. After attending mlg La I realize there are a lot of smashers in the so cal community they just dont want to attend the bi weeklies, they rather show to a large tourney and spend 20 bucks etc. So Ill be posting a list of those who got invites and those who dont.

Heres my list so far of people who are welcomed - All they have to do is contribute ( 15 bucks to the food size , those who arent have to contribute 15 , plus something special ) and this is per person. Those who are going from out of state, or north cal, will have to contribute 15 bucks only because they are from out of state. If your curious if youve made the list just post.

In addition, if you think this is way expensive, dont attend, we dont need another mouth to come and be cheap and just eat everything in site, in addition play tons of matches with top competition. However, if you just dont have the money lol, your pretty much a loser, if DARKFiRE could save up so can you.
So since I have come to every Bi since 9/17/05(except MLG LA) I don't to bring food this week, right? :p
Edit:The "get together with da family" is that I usaully go out to Glendale during Christmas week for family gathering. And we strangely have Christmas on the 24. :psycho:

manacloud1

Smash Champion
nazn ur not in the list u didnt show to enough of them and ur friend isnt either meaning u need to contribute more when u show meaning 3 boxes of pizza plus soda or something like that to be able to attend.

NAZN TYR

Smash Journeyman
on the special biweekly on 12/24?

mana, hirshine is on the list, but we've been coming before him, and we've shown up for every biweekly since the last one in summer.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I will try to attend the biweekly tomorrow. Hopefully i can get a ride. It will be tough, since it's wolf's bday and he wont be riding us. Also, its my dad's bday, so i would need to leave right after singles to spend time with my family. Hopefully gabe will come with me, idk yet.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
tyr

there was a problem with how many you guys attended and how many hirshine did, the amount of bi weeklies dated way back long ago since last year. So hirsine might not be on the list because u guys arent.

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
Ummmm.....this is confusing so I will just come as usual.(That means no food. see my previous post)
Can someone bring Thomas, because I can't T~T

EDIT:That's right, I not on the list because my ranking here is "just some random guy".
Me thinks it would take a year(or longer) to be on the list :p
But then again, it is Mana's decision :laugh:

EDIT:EDIT: Gahhh! what do you mean Mana? This driving me crazy! :psycho: :psycho: :psycho:

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Good news guys, ill be spendin time with socal tomorrow. Thing is i would arrive a little late so i may miss teams, but i should be in time for singles.

BTW, the people taking me are from the 818 and they are bringing 6-7 people aside from me and my bro. So thats up to 9 people coming with me for singles at least.

See you all there tomorrow. can't wait to see the hoangs again. :)

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh hirsine

its quite not complicated if u want to attend the special bi weekly. Those who are on the list do not have to pay as much except 15 bucks worth of food. The people who arent on the list must do the following

1 ) pay 15 bucks worth of food

2 ) contribute an additional items such as soda, paper plates, or cups.

As once again i want to explain why i do this its because its a huge party and if everyone contributes there will be enough for the entire day. Its rare that Ken and I even decide to hold these. We try our best to get people from far as we can that we can really trust to come spend the week at our house including getting the overall community better. Its not hard to actually save up for this thats why im telling everyone ahead of time. IF you have problems with money just aim me on aim and ill see what i can do.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
alright

it was a fun bi weekly, but be sure to keep going to these, however, for some it may be too late to get on the list for others it might not. Im keep track of people going so im going to keep adding names. So far you have to attend atleast 8 bi weeklies to be able to get on the list.

hirshine you play the piano very well and thanks for the random pizza O.o. :psycho:

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
I'm tired from yesterday................ :tired:

Anyway :rotfl: New people, Me finally go against Arash, and insane team fight with champ vs. Hugs & Straight :teleportg :teleportg

billy jean(our team name)
Fight 1: Jake and friend(don't his name)
Fight 2: Can't remember
Fight 3: Team Ken! ahhh! :eek: :eek: :eek: Peaches!

Team Losers bracket
Fight 1:Jake and friend AGAIN!?!?!
Fight 2:Can't remember again?
Fight 3: Pure insanity! Coolguys vs billy jean

Then in singles I pretty much sucked against Pat's Ice Climber
Then lost to NAZN's Marth Loser's Bracket<-----Edited!

So yeah I had alot of fun.

I forgot my paper plates! :redx:

The keyboard is way lighter then my piano. This isn't nessarily bad, just that I'n used to playing something that is hard as a rock. And the piece that I was playing in the begining was
J.S. Bach E Major Prelude from Well Tempered Klavier Book I BWV827<--cant rermember BWV​

Then the second piece wouldn't work on the keyboard, because I would need a Damper pedal and Soft pedal(This is on a normal piano; a pedal on electronic keyboard would probably be have to be assigned to one those functions)

At the time of the next Bi, I might go somewhere that weekend(Turkey Day) so I will tell you if I'm coming ;)

See you next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom