• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westminster, May 5th Biweekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
Well, I was gonna wait for the results of the tournament before I posted, but that has not come yet :tired: ....................now I shall! :grin:

Doubles: With Josh, it was good . But the 1st match against Hugo & Wolf was too hard for me & Josh :ouch:
Then on the loser's bracket, we fought the guys we practiced against. It was around are lvl but we still lost. :ohwell:

Singles: Went toe to toe with Kenith' Sheik and lost(not use to mind games :psycho: ).
Then lost to Gabe(cannot remember how it went). :redx:

Aftermath: I had team practice with Hunter and did pretty good, and had some single matches.

Then some fun fun fun with Ken to see how miserable I would lose!:teeth: :ouch: :hunger:
_________________________________________________________I'm the sandwich!

To conclude, I got pwned at the tournament, but I actually IMPROVED, because last time I tried to do the techniques, I didn't time them correctly against humans that know this stuff. :dizzy: Strangely I didn't use my best: :samus: in the tournament Guess I didn't think about it(After however I did use her)

Now I have to perfect the wavedash!

See you guys next time!

Note: sorry, i had to leave, but if were going out to eat i can ;)

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Well since no one has posted results, i'll post them myself.

Doubles:
1. Attack pattern Delta - HugS and Wolf
2. Mike + arash
3. gabe + zarelid
4. Ken + lvl 9 Ganondorf (Ganon was missing all his L cancels otherwise they would have placed higher.)
5. I forgot the rest, can anyone let me know?

Singles:
1. Ken
2. HugS
3. Manacloud
4. Wolf
5. Gabe
5. Trevyn
7. Arash (By forfeit)
7. Thomassexy
9. Forgot the rest.

Those are the closest i can get to the results. If i made any mistakes let me know.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Every1 improve as usual. Even u too Joseph.. almsot beat my Fox!!!

Ken - I'm telling u, by mlg...going Ganon!!!

I can't wait to see every1 at mlg la. Practice up cause I think I will. BACK HAND BABY!!!

BTW Hugs I got 9th in single, and leftovers aka Joseph & me got 5th.

Kepp the competition coming! Fox > Marth haha. Trevyn got lucky. n_n

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
fun biweekly everyone!

i have seen a lot of people get better from previous biweeklies! keep it up, everyone is getting so good, except lvl 9 ganon T~T.

ganondorf did get his revenge in singles though!

good job hugo and wolf for taking teams, hope you guys do really well at mlg LA

lol @ trevyn doc and ganon are too much for you

champ- LOL im telling you man, ganon is too good he is just all mind games though

Zarelid

Smash Lord
lol no jons Ken Marths to much for you and your lvl 9 ganon lol

fun bi weekly guys hope all you guyas make it to MLG LA

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
Ken!

This coming saturday, are you having a biweekly? It says that you may do something special since your birthday is on 10/10, but i'm just a little bit confused. PLEEZ clarify with me so that I don't arrive at your house this weekend if there isn't a biweekly! :D!

HugS

Smash Champion
Oh i was a little confused on whether arash got 5th or 7th. I know he definately didn't get 4th cuz he forfeited too early for that. I played wolf for the losers semifinals in order to play you mike. So that means the person i played before you had to have gotten 4th.

I know arash didn't forfeit 4th place, cuz then the forfeit would have gone to me, and i would have skipped straight into fighting you for loser's finals.

Lol idk im just confused a little.

HugS

Smash Champion
I dont know man, i remember that arash forfeited as soon as he entered losers. For him to not play a match in losers it would be impossible to have a 4th place spot. You can only enter losers with a 9th/5th/3rd place spot. Him and I entered losers in 5th place to wait for our opponents. He never played a match in losers so that means he stayed in 5th place.

He didn't beat wolf, he didn't beat trevyn, so for him to have 4th place, he would have had to beat one of those 2 guys. But since he forfeited before playing the 5th place guys (Wolf + trevyn) he stayed in 5th. He didn't play vs either in losers and wolf got the forfeit win.

Plus, i played trevyn for the 4th place spot, not wolf. So once i beat trevyn i had 4th place guaranteed, then i played vs wolf. So we both had 4th guaranteed, then i beat wolf to play you in losers finals. So wolf ended up with fourth. That's how i remember it.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
no no

i saw the bracket arash ended on teh top side of losers u were on bottum , wolf had to fight gabe, wolf won , then he fought u, then u won then u would have fought arash, but since he forefieted u fought me instead then u went to ken. I saw the bracket thats how it was.

SuperBroz

Smash Rookie
I personally had a lot of fun at this tournament, and look forward to attending more. I wasn't good enough to even place, but I think I'm improving more and more lately. Bo and I are going to continue to practice, and hopefully we will actually place in the next tourney. My thanks go to the organizers and everyone there for a really fun time.

IKILL

Smash Rookie
Yeah I had a good time. I left early (after I lost in singles) because I needed to get some things done. Hopefully next time I can stay the whole time. I had a 10 dollar lesson on how to get dominated =)

Thanks y'all for setting this all up and I'm looking forward to more in the future.
~Josh

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yeah

i got up in the competition and forgot how fun these things really are, heh, more tournies to come everyone practice up, for most of us the journeys starting all over again and for others its just begining.

SuicideDolls

Smash Journeyman
"i have seen a lot of people get better from previous biweeklies! keep it up, everyone is getting so good, except lvl 9 ganon T~T."
LMAO
sry I just thought that was funny...

CompyFranko

Smash Apprentice
Oh, man, you're kidding me. No bi-weekly 10/15. Ah man. Ah well, maybe I can come to the next one you have? I'm kind of new, but I live close. Mind if I come by to the bi-weekly on 10/29?

Arash

Smash Lord
compy go to MLG LA

same day, like 5 mins away from the usual biweekly place (literally 5 or so exits on the freeway away), and tons of competition

not to mention, the usual biweekly crew will pretty much all be there, so think of it as a super biweekly?

HAKU

Smash Apprentice
Hello!!!! Since a lot of pros are posting on this um.... *what is it called.....* oh yes thank you thread so well anyway can you people give me a hint on how to be better!

HAKU

Smash Apprentice
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEN though I am abit late for it sorry KEN!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KEN!

Charoo

Smash Champion
Good Luck SoCalers this sat/sun. Take all the top 10 spot or something!

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
Backhand has more priority then Falco's bair. WTF.

Can't wait for the next Bi-Weekly. Hope nobody expects me to use Sheik...because I dropped her for good ^_~. Kirby and Mewtwo for the win!

Edit: Hirsine, if you do not edit your post and take out that fat picture, I swear i'm going to chaingrab you IN REAL LIFE.

>.>

<.<

I don't know how to chain grab IRL...but seriously, please edit it out...;_;

ais

Smash Cadet
Sheik is the bestest, you will miss her.
Just find some ingenious way to beat a Fox dammit...

I have to, too.
Cuz I got eliminated by a Fox ;(

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
Well, Zarelid didn't use either of his REAL tournament characters because he was afraid you'd chaingrab them, in which case you would have.

Anyway...Ais, you'll learn that fighting Fox with Sheik is like fighting a brick wall. You can't break it. Fox is THE sheik counter.

Edit: Oh, I was kidding about the Kirby/Mewtwo thing...I'm going Marth/Fox now. :D

Zarelid

Smash Lord
I wasn't afraid to be chain grabbed the only reasno I went Fox was cause the match woulda went by faster, I would go Link vs Sheik I do all the time. I just don't like how long the match takes espically since I wasn't in the mood for smash and wanted food and just to go out with people. Smash takes alot outa you, so I was tired by the end of the tournament.

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
I took the picture out!

Now since this is going to be special bi-weekly with halloween in it, should I wear somethin smash related?

Blargh! I'm dead! :burst:

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
special biweekly/ b-day smash!

this special biweekly of course is the same as any biweekly except who ever decides to come must bring food and dress up! (this'll be real fun) for halloween...

Post what you are bringing of course my suggestions are

drinks/pizza/subs/chicken/taco's etc

you can basically dress up as anything! whoever has the best costume will get a special reward!

it'll last from 12pm to 8pm ( that means lots of time for smash and talking/hanging out/eating etc)

also please bring extra gamecubes and Tv's if possible~

and maybe a birthday present for me is much appreciated!!

i hope it'll be real fun!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
for the special bi weekly

this will be real fun, but when we say dress up just be creative and dress up as a smash character from the game. The more creative you are the better youll look. For example. For the character Shiek, im looking at you Gustavo, take red tights and then wear a towel over your head and get a long wig and cut it to look like shieks hair, this means you got a week to get in shape gus so you fit shiek's physique. For all you ganon dressers better start growing that sideburn, good luck to all and hope to see you hehe. Also you can make your entire outfit out of paper if you want i dont care.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
since I"m black I guess I have to dress up as Game and Watch since he's the only black character in the game

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hahah

in addition to kens earlier post , when we mean food it has to be atleast 15 bucks worth of food or a lot of something for everyone. You can even bake 5 pies, or 50 cookies. premade hotdogs etc. If you suck at cooking buy food like 3 pizzas or something. We usually ask for this much because it guarantees that there is enough food for all and thats our goal. As for presents you dont have to get ken anything, but if u feel ken has been good to you and youve known him for a long time and are his good friend you can get him something. Unlike me, kens not picky about gifts, hell like anything, unless its like a shot glass or something that says SEX on it O.O . My suggestions ask other smashers to chip in for a video game gift like a new rpg game or art supplies like sakura pens or sketch books heh, or dvds of ronin warriors. These are just suggestions if you plan to buy anything just do it heh, we wont strike u down for anything. Just like my bday when i realized most smashers really actually care and ive grown to be good friends with all of them, aka champ , superfriends, we will go a long way as friends im sure of it. So i really hope all of you make it to this , it will be truely special.

edit

trevyn just because your black you dont have to go as game and watch dress as dk or something then u can fight arash as bowser.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Wow! This is awsome! I love special biweekly cause it's more smash, and hanging out with cool people. Everyone new and old have to come to this!! It'll be fun.

I'm gonig to bring like 13 pieces of popeye's chicken. Why 13? I dunno maybe 13 is a cool number for chicken haha. I'll try to get 7 thighs, and 6 legs hehe.

I'll bring my cube, and my good old rf adapter as usual.

I say we should add a crew battle to the venue for more fun. Of course that's Ken's and Mike's choice, but do it!!!!!

See every1 there, and I wonder what I can come up with for a costume. I wish I can dress as Fox but the pilot clothing are too hard to find.

TGD

Smash Cadet
I might come to the one on the 29th. I'll probably bring chips or something.:) As for a costume, I don't know what I'll do, but I'm sure I'll come up with something snazzy.

Oh yeah, will it be strictly a tournament or will there be people smashing for fun too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom