• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westminster, May 5th Biweekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
that's enough spam already, anyone who brings up this "ban" stuff once more or talks about not being able to go and is hurting the socal community will be warned.

simple enough, if you know you're banned, then you're banned if not then you're welcomed to come.

anyone from socal is welcomed.
simple as that
While I agree that alot of spam occurs in this thread (as Neal posted), I believe that people have a right to vouch their opinions about anything (including a banlist), as long as they give a proper argument without flaming.

This is a public forum after all, and people should be able to give their opinion about something (without flaming of course).

Thats all I have to say. :p

aznforce817

Smash Lord
i will try and make this one :) ken i've seen ur videos and i'm very amazed at your skillz :) umm im planning to go to the UCSD triweeklies but not sure i probably will go to yours since it is closer. i live in orange county so bout 30 mins away :D. well hope to see u there.

Kev

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Why not start from square one?

Ask ourselves why people are banned from x event. The hard facts, no slander. People who aren't knowledgable of the situation should not speak. Why doesn't everyone forgive and forget? If DSF really did offend Mana, why not bring the subject straight up instead of having people trying to guess why DSF got banned and create more drama.. If Mana did say some weird things about the controller mods and deny it later, why not just admit it and not let it become drama. I think Ken has done a great job in trying to ammend the past, and we should try to follow his example.

$ick

Smash Lord
Ya I think that the first step should be, don't ban people in retaliation... Even if you were banned from these biweeklies, take the bigger step and welcome those to your tourny. And after that, if the individual sticks to his ban, we all we know for sure, he's a **** :)

On a side note, wow this game looks so fckin bad ***.
http://www.kingdomhearts3.net/

LuCKy

Smash Master
so are you guys going to the tri weeklys??? is that the reason yourn not doing the bi weekly this week?

Ya I think that the first step should be, don't ban people in retaliation... Even if you were banned from these biweeklies, take the bigger step and welcome those to your tourny. And after that, if the individual sticks to his ban, we all we know for sure, he's a **** :)

On a side note, wow this game looks so fckin bad ***.
http://www.kingdomhearts3.net/
and sick...................................thank you................that was one of the greatest moments in my life watchhing that extended vid of the secret ending in kh2,but im confused where did this vid come from??? is it unlockible?

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
ken is a tournament discussion mod. not a pac west mod. i was almost scared for like 2 seconds tho.
yes, it doesn't mean I can't warn you, especially in My thread that I created. please keep posting and we'll see?

the fact is that people who are banned are the people we do not trust into our household.
Just like ROFL said and I quote, " Why go to a tournament where I know the host has something against me, I don't feel welcomed"

As you can see, if we have certain problems with certain people and allow them into our house, next thing you know we'll find Gum on the floors, gum in between our couches, and piss all over the seats, who bloody knows what will happen? Theft? next thing you know, i'll find my game boy missing.

I have a lot of precious things in our household, not to mention lots of antics that my family has carried from generation to generation, now if they were to be missing/ broken, it would simply mean the end of biweeklies.

however, if we host a tournament at a venue, we don't have to worry about these certain things, and if anything we'll only be charged a bit for let's say someone breaking something at the venue.

People were banned for reasons, we just simply don't ban anyone for no reason at all. Aesis put it on himself when he banned mike, Rofl just got too carried away when he attacked us personally. I don't want to go into details nor do i want to start up more spam but I already posted that

IF you are Banned, and you know that you are banned then you aren't welcomed. There's no reason to ***** about it and cause more problems. We are kind enough to open up our house in the first place, so please respect that.

I don't care if you like to voice your opinions JTB, it's still spam and this is my THREAD. Anyone who wants to post, go ahead just be prepared to get warned by me.

Edit: I just realized how much spam people have had lately, I mean i joined in 2002 and I see people who joined in 2005-2006 with more posts than me..... I wonder why?

nublet06

Smash Lord
if i remember correctly. i was banned because dsf told mike that i "talk **** behind his back"

me blowing up and being mad at you guys was only a reaction to me being banned for no reason. mike got pissy because for some reason he thought I was attacking his controller mods or something strange like that. i was banned for NO GOOD REASON. this is the only reason why i have any negative feelings towards ken or mike. and its the only reason i ever said anythign hurtful towards them. was it out of line? heck yeah. i have no business talking about peoples families. and i brought up some pretty pointless stuff. but understand why it happened. i was attacked for no good reason. do that to me and ill tell you to kiss my ***. its just how i am.

posts concerning these things should not be labeled as spam. if MLG had suddenly said "hey ken guess what you are banned because you thought onnet shouldnt be allowed as a counterpick stage" and ken decides to post about it because his banning was wrong then it is not spam. this is about the same thing as me saying "hey mikes controllers are stupid and a waste of money, and they dont make you any better at the game." and me getting banned for it. when people post about this issue. it is because it is a PROBLEM. people abusing fake power. it is common knowledge that the public likes to bring problems out in the open so that people know about it. watch TV....you will see the news stations going undercover to inform people about problems that need attention.

i supported these bi weeklies even tho they were far away. palmdale brought a lot of people to the bi weeklies as well. "oh dang i gotta play this guy boa everyone is talking about". we were all very respectful of your home and everyone had a good time. Palmdale would even choose to go to a bi weekly instead of another tournament that was usualy closer. so why decide to end that?

so then what happened? mike got offended over legit opinions on controller mods? wow why dont we not play hand ball with the kid who has acne too. its just so ****ing stupid man. why dont you guy see that? unless somebody is tealing something, startinf physical fights, or just extremely holding up tournaments and causing problems getting things done. why the heck would you ban them? more people together having fun.

i dont get why i waste my time thinking that i have some kind of emotional attachment with the people in this community and this friggen video game. i guess everybody just plays with eachother so we can beat eachother and talk **** about it. so many threats and people acting like they are on some higher ground than everyone else.

warn me so you can feel powerful. you will feel better about it. better yet ban me to show how much power you TRULY have.

SuperRad

Smash Master
I seriously don't know of any other tournaments that has an official "banlist". I'm pretty sure this is a creation of these biweeklies, but I could be wrong. I understand how Ken and Mike want to keep people that they fear will deface, damage, steal, etc. [I've never met someone that would do that on purpose, even if they didn't like the person.]

But then why ban someone from 0C3? It isn't your house anymore. Oh, that's right. Mana got banned and then got hurt about it.

This whole thing is pretty stupid.

Shinki

Smash Cadet
Oh man, April 14th? I wonder if I should go, I live close enough to you to walk =/. Maybe me and my friends will go but I'm not sure. We aren't that good yet xP.

FreakN Yosh

Smash Cadet
it boils down to this fellas... its ken's home, so he can choose to invite whomever he wants.

with that said, other socal folks are holdin more tourneys that will be as much fun than these biweeklys. granted ken probably wont be there, which sux big time cuz i know all of socal just wants to face him and have fun watchin people get owned hehe

but it aint like the old days, tourneys be happenin on a weekly basis!

so basically, let the people that wanna go to kens and smash with the best (ken) do so. stop the negativity towards them and even IF it could be a better situation for socal, the fact is, it is what it is.

and if u disagree with the bans n what not, do ur own thing guys... theres plenty of smash to go around! WAY PLENTY.

so those that go to kens, smash it up! and to those that dont, do the same! PEACE.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
call this post a spam, w/e I think it's important.

It still boils down to that's what he said or that's what she said on what's going on. Even with ROFL/Ken, it is obvious that they themselves don't know what's going on between each other. Why not just list out SPECIFICALLY why person x is banned instead of this, "he knows what he did" because honestly that creates more confusion, ambiguity, and hostility. I have heard like 6 different stories on why DSF is banned and to this day I don't know who to believe. From my perspective (Yes, I do believe as a SOCAL smasher that does go to tourneys, that I have some weight on opinions), it just makes everyone lose credibility and have a "shady" image. I don't get why we even have divisions and bannings, they're stupid. If you don't believe you can trust guy x, then tell the person what he/she can do to gain trust. It's like saying, "I don't like you because of how you look".

Overall, I feel there's a lack of communication throughout the socal community that is hurting everyone overall.

Let me give an example:

Let's say I was at Ken's

Me: Shoot I need to go to the bathroom (Does business and gets out)

Mike: (Goes into bathroom, sees that sink countertop is wet, keeps fatboi792 in mind as being disrespectful for not cleaning up after)

Me: (reads forums later that night) "Fatboi792 is disrespectful of my house and is banned for not cleaning after himself in bathroom". (In mind) Wtf, did i really do that? and starts fury on mike

(Argument between me and mike start)

Well of course this hypothetical situation is a big exaggeration of what could happen. It does show a point, if no one tells me if I didnt flush the toilet or I accidently littered and takes action against me even if I didn't know about it immediately, I'd be pissed. But if someone tells me right away, "Hey fatboi792, you didnt flush the toilet"

My response to that would be immediately to apologize and make sure everything is ok. Accidents do happen, I'm forgetful sometimes, but when things get swept under the rug and claims are being made like "people are littering or people stick gum everywhere" How the **** are people going to know unless you tell specifics.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
I tried to fix things when they went out of control. I even Aimed ROFL personally and asked if he would still come to the biweeklies if I somehow talked to mike about unbanning him. However, he said he wouldn't want to come if he knew the "host" had something against him, and maybe it'll go away sometime. Apparently it hasn't gone away.

Fact is, I trust Pdale and i know they respect our house and wouldnt do anything to it, it was cool for them to come to biweeklies in the first place. I never had anything against them, if anything I was Pro Pdale in everything. I always do jokes, give them friendlies and say "DONT LET HIM **** YOU" when Jizzyfingers is playing. It was fun, and disguisting at the same time lol.

Even when they were late and I knew they were coming to the biweekly since I talked to BOA the night before, I stalled the biweekly for them.

Furthermore, it just gets out of hand when we simply ask Pdale to help us with 0C3, but they thought they were banned from 0c3 but they werent. They assumed that since ROFL's banned from the biweeklies he's also banned from 0c3. DSF is banned from the biweeklies yet he was able to attend 0c2

They didn't want to help, so that was Okay no harm done. Then later in the UCLA theard people are just dissing 0C3 left and right for no reasons at all. I didn't think this was cool at all. For me to do so much work to host a huge tournament especially in socal for the socal community and even for the smash community, it just makes me mad.

So then aesis ban's mike? ok... he ban's mike just because mike banned ROFL. ummm isn't this between ROFL and Mike?

that's like arash hosting a tournament and banning ROFL from it. Arash would no way in hell do this. SO of course a ban from mike leads to another ban to Aesis. okay so that's how it goes

$ick

Smash Lord
Usually I tend to agree with Ken's posts. But the statement that Aesis went over the line by banning Mana from his 1 tourny is over the line, is pure ignorance. You'd have to be a complete idiot to say and believe something like that. All this argueing is over Mana banning every person who doesn't do what he wants. So if Aesis bans 1 person, for IMO a good reason, it's crossing the line?

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
what im trying to say is, it was between ROFL and Mike, not Aesis and Mike. If ROFL hosted a tournament by all means Ban Mike ok. Aesis had no part in it

it's just going to keep on spreading, soon all of Pdal will hate all of Elite 4 and vice versa

araknophobik

Smash Master
who bloody knows what will happen? Theft? next thing you know, i'll find my game boy missing.

I have a lot of precious things in our household, not to mention lots of antics that my family has carried from generation to generation, now if they were to be missing/ broken, it would simply mean the end of biweeklies.
didn't one of ultra's friend's have his shoes stolen at a bi-weekly and mana clearly expressed not giving a rats *** about them being stolen...

Arash

Smash Lord
i won't hate pdale, but i think this is starting to get ridiculous

i know hugo's gonna come in here and be all "stop being so cliched, arash" but really, can't we all just get along?

nublet06

Smash Lord
i won't hate pdale, but i think this is starting to get ridiculous

i know hugo's gonna come in here and be all "stop being so cliched, arash" but really, can't we all just get along?
thats pretty much what ive been saying. why continue with this stuff? its so silly. but DSF has been banned for years over words....so i doubt anything will change.

Session Start (nublet06:sephirothken): Wed Feb 21 01:06:15 2007
[01:06] sephirothken: its up to you
[01:06] nublet06: >
[01:06] nublet06: ?
[01:06] nublet06: about going to the bi weeklies?
[01:06] sephirothken: yea
[01:07] sephirothken: if u want to come, i ll talk to mike ill work something out
[01:07] nublet06: hmmm
[01:07] sephirothken: if not then we'll just leave it as it is
[01:07] nublet06: maybe some time in the future
[01:07] sephirothken: but its better to get down to the problem before anything else happpesn
[01:07] nublet06: not the upcoming one tho
[01:07] nublet06: i alredy made some plans with my girlfriend since i was banned
[01:07] nublet06: lol
[01:07] nublet06: and it would probly be better to wait a while
[01:08] nublet06: maybe when chu comes back in to town i can give him his rematches
[01:08] nublet06: :)
[01:08] nublet06: thanks for being cool about it tho

why go to a tournament if the host doesnt want me there? because i know there are other people there who are cool and fiendly and i dont have to talk to the host. same reason i never talked to mike. Ken sometimes i wonder if you actually agree with the decisions made about this tournament.

do you honestly think dsf should be banned for what he said? do you feel threatened hes ACTUALLY gonna whip it out and try and put it in your moouth or something? its friggen trash talk. alex is no threat to your house or family. mike banned him over a personal grudge.

fabian never goes to a bi weekly. he finally does and he gets banned. why? because DSF (the guy who is banned) tells mike that fabian talks trash behind his back? more personal grudges. fabian hadnt even posted int he bi weekly thread for like 4 pages. but hes banned for talking ****. do you honestly agree with this? i have a hard time seeing yue agree with that.

banning me? you obviously thought that was silly because you tried to smooth things out.

romeo banned from OC3 for no reason accept some 1 line replies in the UCLA thread? that had to of been a great idea as well.

i know you didnt agree with mike being banned from UCLA. but do you see where it all started? its just a bad trend happening in socal.

i just think you have some power to talk mike out of these stupid decisions but you just let it slide. but i dont know why. people go to play with you. they dont go to play with mike because hes always yelling because he thinks thats what he needs to do to keep order. that holds true with at least 80% (im being generous with 80) of the people that go. so why do you let him run . he goes outside and barks orderes at people. and honestly thats not even that bad. but everybody just looks at eachother saying wow. what is this guys problem there is no need to yell. wolf has no idea how to yell and im pretty sure he would still hold an awesome tournament.

like arash said. why dont we just get along. un ban everyone. everyone will continue to stay respectful at the bi weeklies like always. and im sure DSF can suppress his bad language. all alex really wants is to play ken. let him do it.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
well spoken. completely agree, everyone should just chill and start from a clean slate. i'm tired of the rest of the smash community laughing at socal for all this pointelss ****t. ya know? bi weeklys are chill, ucla sounds amazing, lets make it so all can enjoy.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
thats pretty much what ive been saying. why continue with this stuff? its so silly. but DSF has been banned for years over words....so i doubt anything will change.

Session Start (nublet06:sephirothken): Wed Feb 21 01:06:15 2007
[01:06] sephirothken: its up to you
[01:06] nublet06: >
[01:06] nublet06: ?
[01:06] nublet06: about going to the bi weeklies?
[01:06] sephirothken: yea
[01:07] sephirothken: if u want to come, i ll talk to mike ill work something out
[01:07] nublet06: hmmm
[01:07] sephirothken: if not then we'll just leave it as it is
[01:07] nublet06: maybe some time in the future
[01:07] sephirothken: but its better to get down to the problem before anything else happpesn
[01:07] nublet06: not the upcoming one tho
[01:07] nublet06: i alredy made some plans with my girlfriend since i was banned
[01:07] nublet06: lol
[01:07] nublet06: and it would probly be better to wait a while
[01:08] nublet06: maybe when chu comes back in to town i can give him his rematches
[01:08] nublet06: :)
[01:08] nublet06: thanks for being cool about it tho

why go to a tournament if the host doesnt want me there? because i know there are other people there who are cool and fiendly and i dont have to talk to the host. same reason i never talked to mike. Ken sometimes i wonder if you actually agree with the decisions made about this tournament.

do you honestly think dsf should be banned for what he said? do you feel threatened hes ACTUALLY gonna whip it out and try and put it in your moouth or something? its friggen trash talk. alex is no threat to your house or family. mike banned him over a personal grudge.

fabian never goes to a bi weekly. he finally does and he gets banned. why? because DSF (the guy who is banned) tells mike that fabian talks trash behind his back? more personal grudges. fabian hadnt even posted int he bi weekly thread for like 4 pages. but hes banned for talking ****. do you honestly agree with this? i have a hard time seeing yue agree with that.

banning me? you obviously thought that was silly because you tried to smooth things out.

romeo banned from OC3 for no reason accept some 1 line replies in the UCLA thread? that had to of been a great idea as well.

i know you didnt agree with mike being banned from UCLA. but do you see where it all started? its just a bad trend happening in socal.

i just think you have some power to talk mike out of these stupid decisions and you let it slide. but i dont know why. people go to play with you. they dont go to play with mike because hes always yelling because he thinks thats what he needs to do to keep order. that holds true with at least 80% (im being generous with 80) of the people that go. so why do you let him run . he goes outside and barks orderes at people. and honestly thats not even that bad. but everybody just looks at eachother saying wow. what is this guys problem there is no need to yell. wolf has no idea how to yell and im pretty sure he would still hold an awesome tournament.

like arash said. why dont we just get along. un ban everyone. everyone will continue to stay respectful at the bi weeklies like always. and im sure DSF can suppress his bad language. all alex really wants is to play ken. let him do it.
Agreed. Some people just can't admit their mistakes.

anti

Smash Journeyman
Daaang guys my uncle got a demo version of some wii games INCLUDING BRAWL and I went to his house today and it lets you use link, kirby, mario, and pikachu (I was looking forward to using some of the new characters:( ). They kept wavedashing in Brawl!! And you can use B attack while you grab an enemy, it's so sweet!!! Sad thing is that there was only 3 crappy stages on that demo version.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
So then aesis ban's mike? ok... he ban's mike just because mike banned ROFL. ummm isn't this between ROFL and Mike?

that's like arash hosting a tournament and banning ROFL from it. Arash would no way in hell do this. SO of course a ban from mike leads to another ban to Aesis. okay so that's how it goes
I'm just jumping in to correct you Ken. The reason Aesis banned mike was not completely because Mike banned ROFL. It wasn't a revenge thing, there was WAY more to it than that. And a lot of it has to do with mike's attitude. And I don't want to explain what i mean by "Attitude" but there's a lot of things that go with his "Attitude" that no one else in socal, let alone the entire smash community, share as characteristics.

I won't explain the things he does/says in public, since it would be wrong, and many people in socal already know what I'm talking about.

anti

Smash Journeyman
Daaang guys my uncle got a demo version of some wii games INCLUDING BRAWL and I went to his house today and it lets you use link, kirby, mario, and pikachu (I was looking forward to using some of the new characters:( ). They kept wavedashing in Brawl!! And you can use B attack while you grab an enemy, it's so sweet!!! Sad thing is that there was only 3 crappy stages on that demo version.
Yeah you all guessed it by now..April fools!

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
haha. too bad i'm so desperate for brawl news that i asked a few people about that **** right after i read that. i even searched youtube haha! but then all those god**** pickachus reminded me of april fools.

...**** april fools haha.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
haha. too bad i'm so desperate for brawl news that i asked a few people about that **** right after i read that. i even searched youtube haha! but then all those god**** pickachus reminded me of april fools.

...**** april fools haha.
Man, I actually fell for that April Fools **** >__> I remember the pikachu's too many, and the BG music got gay after a while. It made my computer almost freeze when I opened 2 windows of smashboards yesterday! Aprils fools has neva been so chaotic to me. :laugh:

SipherothXIII

Smash Apprentice
Hey, if we wanna go to the biweekly, do we have to sign up somewhere? I keep on getting the feeling like if im gonna go over there, im not gonna be let in because im not on the list or something.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
Hey, if we wanna go to the biweekly, do we have to sign up somewhere? I keep on getting the feeling like if im gonna go over there, im not gonna be let in because im not on the list or something.
I'm pretty sure anyone can come, there's no specific list that allows people in. You just come, and wait outside for a while until they let people in.

Arash

Smash Lord
alas i cannot make it on the 14th, my boss is taking me to vegas

but if ultimate sanchez can't defend the title, who will win? lucky and mango? hugo and whoever hugo teams with? some other mystery team?

the suspense is killing me!

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
i'll be there for sure. oooooo if arash isn't going does that mean mike and ken are going to team?! kira and i ftw! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom