• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westeros Mafia - Night 6 - ENDGAME - THE NORTH REMEMBERS

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You can deny that what Coricus said and our conclusion from it doesn't have merit all you like, it doesn't change what she said and our conclusion.

If, in your eyes, her dying is less of a loss for your team than you putting out information regarding what you all can do and/or who is all a part of the team, then so be it.
You aren’t justifying what makes it have merit and how it works with game balance.

Why make a 4 man with team a lot of “potential” powers? If they team with another 3-4 man that’s a massive power and swing they have.

Do you think this is more likely? If you are wrong and she dies then what? What will your game plan be?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You aren’t justifying what makes it have merit and how it works with game balance.

Why make a 4 man with team a lot of “potential” powers? If they team with another 3-4 man that’s a massive power and swing they have.

Do you think this is more likely? If you are wrong and she dies then what? What will your game plan be?
If I am wrong then what happens is someone not in my house nor someone aligned with it dies.

In order to appeal to the interests of voters in a FFA, more must be given in defense because there's little to no risk for others. There's no "He/She might be a townie," dilemma, because there's no such thing.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Read between the lines.

I honestly think there are 9 factions in the game given that there are 9 houses in GoT. I don't necessarily know how they are broken up in terms of amount of players each, but I don't expect more than 3 players in a faction with their being a minimum of 1 player.

Not really sure what we're supposed to being doing this phase as everyone's alliance request should be pending. There's not really any scum hunting as each team is independent from each other currently. Not only that, but all we have to off of is the possibility of some players having wincons that differ from one another.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
IT'S A TEAM OF THREE AND I WAS TRYING TO BE SUBTLE WHILE BEING DUMB ABOUT THE SOURCE MATERIAL OK

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
IT'S A TEAM OF THREE AND I WAS TRYING TO BE SUBTLE WHILE BEING DUMB ABOUT THE SOURCE MATERIAL OK
Can you explain your logic, then?

You should notice that there are 17 players. Incidentally, as far as my rudimentary awareness of the franchise involved is concerned, there are also four factions. See the problem?

It doesn't divide evenly.

If every team has four players, somebody's the odd one out.
If your team has three people, why would you conclude "every team has four players?"

Moreover, your argument was that there's a single puppetmaster, which you've only concluded because 16 divides evenly into four groups of four, but we have 17 players, which would leave one person out.

If your team has three, you'd already know this argument is flawed. 16 doesnt divide into evenly into three.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Can you explain your logic, then?

If your team has three people, why would you conclude "every team has four players?"

Moreover, your argument was that there's a single puppetmaster, which you've only concluded because 16 divides evenly into four groups of four, but we have 17 players, which would leave one person out.

If your team has three, you'd already know this argument is flawed. 16 doesnt divide into evenly into three.
My logic was that I had a previous bias that there would be a party somewhere in there that would be screwing with everyone else because I have an instinct to play investigator and I'm an idiot.

As usual I'm terrible at this game profanity hell are you all that dense or has the theme just made you all out for blood?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
My logic was that I had a previous bias that there would be a party somewhere in there that would be screwing with everyone else because I have an instinct to play investigator and I'm an idiot.

As usual I'm terrible at this game profanity hell are you all that dense or has the theme just made you all out for blood?
I'll be frank.

It's mostly because you have Larry the Cucumber dressed as Robin as your avatar.

Kidding aside, your reasoning for why you made the mistake of thinking your house had 4 members doesn't add up. I think it is more likely that you slipped and didn't realize your team was unequally larger than others, and now you are trying to back out.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
A dark blue, teal, and burgundy. Black and white are givens too, more metaphorically than actual aesthetics.

You like trying to distract people, don't you?
No, because you're supposed to answer with your House colours, thus conveying that information in a subtle way, and appearing to be a cool sly guy by doing so. But now your only option, if you want to look cool, is smoking cigarettes.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Its quite obvious Coricus you are in a trap by those who wish for blood.

You are merely being a victim in this because they are using your words against you.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'll be frank.

It's mostly because you have Larry the Cucumber dressed as Robin as your avatar.

Kidding aside, your reasoning for why you made the mistake of thinking your house had 4 members doesn't add up. I think it is more likely that you slipped and didn't realize your team was unequally larger than others, and now you are trying to back out.
OK what the hell, you know what, I'm the lynchpin of this team so my dying today basically screwed us all over anyway.

Red Ryu already outed our faction. There are three of us, I'm the only one that's even remotely useful. I'm also the reviver, so let's just go ahead and piss that to the wind.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I hate myself because I'm a freaking failure at the entire concept of Mafia and I'd ragequit yet again but honestly I'd feel bad about it after the sheer number of times I've been a disappointment as it is

I'm a freaking moron

I'm a freaking moron

I'm a freaking moron

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
OK what the hell, you know what, I'm the lynchpin of this team so my dying today basically screwed us all over anyway.

Red Ryu already outed our faction. There are three of us, I'm the only one that's even remotely useful. I'm also the reviver, so let's just go ahead and piss that to the wind.
Well that’s all out there... :/

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well that’s all out there... :/
I'm so sorry, I'm a freaking failure and I just keep crumpling under pressure every game despite wanting to not be a failure for once in my freaking life I'm so sorry I'm so sorry I'm so sorry I know sorry's not enough I'm filth I don't deserve anyone in my life I'm just so sorry

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
or has the theme just made you all out for blood?
This. In a normal mafia game a reviver would be unequivocally useful but in this game, you could just as easily revive an enemy to any given faction. Your best bet now? Make an alliance and quick.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'm so sorry, I'm a freaking failure and I just keep crumpling under pressure every game despite wanting to not be a failure for once in my freaking life I'm so sorry I'm so sorry I'm so sorry I know sorry's not enough I'm filth I don't deserve anyone in my life I'm just so sorry
Stop. And go rinse yourself with water.

If you have time to beat yourself up, then you have time to go beat that maniacal out.

This is a game, and you are clearly being used, it is how dice rolls.

It is not being a failure to have others corner and rip on you, you have no reason to be a failure in a fourm game, so wipe yourself off and carry on.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This. In a normal mafia game a reviver would be unequivocally useful but in this game, you could just as easily revive an enemy to any given faction. Your best bet now? Make an alliance and quick.
Well gee, I'd like to but I don't see anyone lining up or pulling their votes.

May as well say I'm the reviver because hell I'm going to be dead before I ever get to use it anyway. Useless information, see?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Woah there, it’s all good haha. Take a breath and let’s relax. It’s all a game and we can roll with it. I ain’t mad at all.

If Bardull pushes this he dies tonight anyways, same with Holder. ;)

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
That escalated quickly. The overall experience should be fun for you Coricus. If this game is affecting your self esteem it may just not be for you. Or at least not this extra cutthroat version.

What motivated you to sign up in the first place? It may be worth it to really zero in on those elements when playing

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I hate myself because I'm a freaking failure at the entire concept of Mafia and I'd ragequit yet again but honestly I'd feel bad about it after the sheer number of times I've been a disappointment as it is

I'm a freaking moron

I'm a freaking moron

I'm a freaking moron

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well gee, I'd like to but I don't see anyone lining up or pulling their votes.

May as well say I'm the reviver because hell I'm going to be dead before I ever get to use it anyway. Useless information, see?
Then we rob their heart with a good musical number.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Then we rob their heart with a good musical number.
If you play up a show i'll be down for that.

In any case of something serious, i see little reason to warrant coricus lynch. She is a revivor meaning she'll only revive a member of her house, that isn't anything threatening in my opinion, especially early on. And now that the info is clear she can be eliminated at any point if her house is growing to strong.

Instead, i would much rather lynch someone who would instead benefit from this lynch. No certainties but my opinion would be of the likeness of holder himself, being the one who instigated this on sudden thought at the entertainment coricus house is strong. And vaan who has only of recently now that coricus is on the stand be entwindling her words as much as possible to incrimante while standing on the sidelines to do nothing. These two are the pursurers of her lynch, so as such makes it likely that these two of are lower houses, who have powerful actions at night but are completely vulnerable during the day.

Meaning every night that these two players live would be a dangerous resetment to all of our households knowing what damage they could do based on their actions this day.

That is my thought. Opinions from the public?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh wow are you the Red Witch, Coricus?

But that's my Game of Thrones crush... >___>;;

Er, more importantly...
No one thinks you are worthless Coricus.

You gave info which is what I wanted, and despite there being incentive to see you fall here, I'll respect your reveal, and also your feelings.

Unvote: Coricus

But you'll likely end up dying anyways, and I also don't want a No Lynch...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I can't really let my vote stand now, can I? Sorry if I said anything to upset you, Coricus. At the end of the day, it's just a game, please don't let it affect you too much.

Unvote

BarDulL

Town Vampire
If Bardull pushes this he dies tonight anyways, same with Holder. ;)
You may try, dog of house...uh, not sure what house you're in, but yeah, point stands, bub!

Granted, I'd be a jerk to continue pushing against Coricus at this point even though it is within my win condition to do so.

Equalizing the playing field and eliminating threats is the best way to go about our business in an FFA day phase. Technically, Coricus is still an ideal lynch for everyone outside of her house. However, if we choose not to go that route, then what route would you suggest? What exactly is the correct way to go about playing this day phase when our teams are all out for ourselves (barring alliances)?

Top Bottom