• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westeros Mafia - Night 6 - ENDGAME - THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Guess we can’t use private pms if they opened up.
Can someone give a good reason alt wincons aren’t a thing in this game?
The only good reason I can think of is that to keep the game a little more manageable, everyone has the default condition as stated in the rules.
Besides that I think there's a good chance of there being additional/alternative wincons. Especially when you consider the betrayal mechanic for alliances at the 32nd of the game. I'm willing to bet that there's a faction that must win alone to fufill their condition. Likewise there's definitely a faction incentivized to keep their allies.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Hi guys. I apologize if I didn't respond to some of you today during the night phase, I was out all day. I'm also not really proactive with messaging people, so don't take it the wrong way if I didn't message you during the night (I did not initiate any PMs lul).

Anyway, I'm not sure what else to say here, so I have decided to be random. I like cookies. Specifically, sugar and snickerdoodles are my current favorites outside of a warm chocolate chip cookie a la mode (vanilla, mmm). Uh, yeah, that's all I have to say, I think. :3

Oh yeah, it doesn't say anywhere in the rules that we can't edit our posts, so I guess we're free to edit posts? Cool beans. :awesome:

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I guess the only thing we could potentially discuss is whether or not we should lynch Coricus. Coricus seems to be a part of a house of four, and Fire Emblemnier has implied that his team is made up of at most 2 players, so clearly there is an imbalance in size and scope among teams. Naturally, Coricus and her house are a threat to our survival unless her house becomes aligned with one of our respective houses, in which case that will be a huge threat to everyone else not involved.

Alternatively, we could all try to court her house into an alliance during the night.

I am indifferent and just want to stir **** up for fun LMAO but I think it's worth discussing.

Guess we can’t use private pms if they opened up.
Can someone give a good reason alt wincons aren’t a thing in this game?
^This is an important post.

Last edited:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Interesting, what benefit would going after a 4 man team offer?
There's power in numbers. Depending on their respective abilities, a 4 man team could potentially incapacitate a 2 man team in a night If they knew the members.

That being said, my theory is that smaller houses generally have more potent abilities to balance that out.

Based on my, admittedly limited, knowledge of the show and my conversations last night, I believe Coricus may be a member of the Frey house or stark houses. The general consensus from fans of the show is that the Starks are likely lawful, what about the Frey?

Finally, vote: natz. If I can't trust you with your own house keys I certainly can't trust you with my house.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
There's power in numbers. Depending on their respective abilities, a 4 man team could potentially incapacitate a 2 man team in a night If they knew the members.

That being said, my theory is that smaller houses generally have more potent abilities to balance that out.

Based on my, admittedly limited, knowledge of the show and my conversations last night, I believe Coricus may be a member of the Frey house or stark houses. The general consensus from fans of the show is that the Starks are likely lawful, what about the Frey?

Finally, vote: natz. If I can't trust you with your own house keys I certainly can't trust you with my house.
Smaller houses having more potency with respect to night actions makes sense. A bigger house has more control over the majority lynch though. Nearing end-game, large houses will have an equally large influence on lynch decisions while smaller houses will be at their mercy.

Vote: Coricus

I think this is the best route for all parties that are not immediately involved in Coricus' house. Are there any who feel my thought process is incorrect? If not, then I think it's time to party.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I guess the only thing we could potentially discuss is whether or not we should lynch Coricus. Coricus seems to be a part of a house of four, and Fire Emblemnier has implied that his team is made up of at most 2 players, so clearly there is an imbalance in size and scope among teams. Naturally, Coricus and her house are a threat to our survival unless her house becomes aligned with one of our respective houses, in which case that will be a huge threat to everyone else not involved.

Alternatively, we could all try to court her house into an alliance during the night.

I am indifferent and just want to stir **** up for fun LMAO but I think it's worth discussing.

^This is an important post.
Even if anyone did ally with Corcius’s house it wouldn’t just overthrow balance, but they could betray their allies and possiblely wipe them all out depending on what they can do.

So I don’t think anyone would want to risk that or even should. Especially since this game will make finding out skills and house mates pretty tough to do, so we wouldn’t even know how to handle the house if al 4 people can smartly use their skills undetected.

So I think I have to join people in this.

Vote: Corcius

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
If you don't wish to die Coricus, perhaps out a partner of yours, or someone in the same house as Coricus should step out. We could lynch them instead. Narrowing your group down to three will make the argument of lynching you later weaker given that right now the reasoning for looking your way is purely to try and balance things out number wise.

If someone among your house is fine with taking your place, or if you think there is someone on your team that is more disposable than you, then perhaps an alternative sacrifice can be made.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
It's an odd situation. It seems to be borne from a genuine misunderstanding/not knowing the flavour, but it's a slip, and it heavily implies that Coricus is working with a group of four people herself and assumed the same of the rest of us; but if the rest of us are working with smaller teams (as seems to be the case, judging by most people's reactions), then for the rest of us it's in our better interests to try and level the playing field, whether we're working together or not, for several reasons (e.g. larger groups having more control over the lynch).

It's pretty much the only thing we have to go on right now, anyway, so might as well try and follow this up to its conclusion and see where it leads us.

Vote: Coricus

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Only alliance and role pms can be used to chat during the day.

Seems to be very much about fear mongering, what if I told you I know no one in the game is bigger than 3 and less than 1?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Seems to be very much about fear mongering, what if I told you I know no one in the game is bigger than 3 and less than 1?
Someone once told me fear cuts deeper than the sword. I agree though, I want more information before committing.

I also agree that no group in the game has less than 1 player but that seems like a given tbh.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
People are jumping to the conclusion he is with a 4 man rather than giving me a good reason why that lynch is more beneficial. Because I do know he’s not in a 4 man team.

Holder jumped the gun which can benefit him to get a lynch in a direction not geared in his houses direction.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
People are jumping to the conclusion he is with a 4 man rather than giving me a good reason why that lynch is more beneficial. Because I do know he’s not in a 4 man team.

Holder jumped the gun which can benefit him to get a lynch in a direction not geared in his houses direction.
Coricus has already implied that she is a part of a 4-man team though.

I am beginning to think that you are a part of her team and are trying to salvage this situation given your recent opposition of lynching her. Or, you're trying to align yourself with the 4 man team.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Coricus has already implied that she is a part of a 4-man team though.

I am beginning to think that you are a part of her team and are trying to salvage this situation given your recent opposition of lynching her. Or, you're trying to align yourself with the 4 man team.
I am and that is why I know it’s not a 4 man.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Then in that case, I believe you have been caught red-handed. You acknowledged the likelihood of Coricus being in a 4-man team with this post:

Interesting, what benefit would going after a 4 man team offer?
You are only now casting doubt on your house being a 4 man team now that Coricus is nearing the guillotine. This is pretty suspicious. What was your team trying to achieve by falsifying Coricus' slip and pretending that there was a team of 4?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Isn't calling red ryu red handed a bit heavy handed?
I am and that is why I know it’s not a 4 man.
Saying you aren't a four man team isn't going to do anything tbh. What makes it a bad decision to lynch someone in your house?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I mean it is always a bad decision to get someone in your house lynched as it's one step closer to losing. (Unless your wincon involves getting lynched like a fool) Strength in numbers after all. Having teammates staying alive is a good way to secure a lead as you not only have a buffer for being targeted by kills, but also individual abilities of each player.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Then in that case, I believe you have been caught red-handed. You acknowledged the likelihood of Coricus being in a 4-man team with this post:

You are only now casting doubt on your house being a 4 man team now that Coricus is nearing the guillotine. This is pretty suspicious. What was your team trying to achieve by falsifying Coricus' slip and pretending that there was a team of 4?
Why would making it public I am in his house and how big our team is be beneficial? All I can tell you is that it is not a 4 man.

You seem convinced I am lying but all you have is fear mongering to get a mob started. You get a lynch and stay alive sure but to what he’s would you benefit?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I mean it is always a bad decision to get someone in your house lynched as it's one step closer to losing. (Unless your wincon involves getting lynched like a fool) Strength in numbers after all. Having teammates staying alive is a good way to secure a lead as you not only have a buffer for being targeted by kills, but also individual abilities of each player.
What makes it a bad idea to everyone^

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Isn't calling red ryu red handed a bit heavy handed?

Saying you aren't a four man team isn't going to do anything tbh. What makes it a bad decision to lynch someone in your house?
How do we not know this for anyone, nothing he said confirms or denies a 4 man or could anyone really refute that outside of outing their whole team which I ain’t doing past me outing myself as a partner.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
You're exactly right, how do we not know this for anyone?

We're islands this game instead of a town community. If your neighbor tells you he's a threat jokingly, accidentally, or seriously, you're going to take it seriously because at the end of the day he's on an island too. And if he decides you're a threat, he will not hesitate to pull the trigger. The incentive for investigating your neighbor is much lower because your goal may not be his goal.

You want to keep your house alive? Share your goal and hope some house finds mutual benefit.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
How do we not know this for anyone, nothing he said confirms or denies a 4 man or could anyone really refute that outside of outing their whole team which I ain’t doing past me outing myself as a partner.
The only way to save your teammate is to minimize the threat your House is to the rest of us. There's a number of ways that you can do this. Drop some powers that your team has, or perhaps say who your partners are. If we know the team then that eliminates a lot of our concern with it regardless of its size because it's a known threat rather than a shark lurking underneath the water that will be prone to causing, as you put it, fear mongering.

Paint us a picture of your situation.

Really if you don't like what's happening, the only thing you can do is, well, something, in the hope that it will calm the water or stir waves elsewhere. For as it looks now, your partner Coricus is getting executed.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
nothing he said confirms or denies a 4 man or could anyone really refute that outside of outing their whole team which I ain’t doing past me outing myself as a partner.
Cori's first post reasoned that there's 17 players and four houses, and that if the teams were divided evenly into four, there'd be one man out.

You should notice that there are 17 players. Incidentally, as far as my rudimentary awareness of the franchise involved is concerned, there are also four factions. See the problem?

It doesn't divide evenly.

If every team has four players, somebody's the odd one out.
The only way this logic checks out is if Cori is on a four mean team herself. If she's a two man or a three man, hell, even a five man, then she'd know that every team does not have an evenly divided four players and that her argument is flawed from the onset.

I do think jumping on her this fast is incredibly opportunistic, however.

But there is a certain irony here if you guys are the Starks (which makes the most sense if you're a four man team and you're one of the houses in White's signature like Cori implied) and Cori is about to get killed before the game truly begins just for being honest.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This isn’t traditional mafia people might have sub teams but overall everyone has personal interest. I think if I had a comparison this game is pretty much the game diplomacy where everyone is an island and we work on finding what is best for now but unlike that joint wins are possible.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The only way to save your teammate is to minimize the threat your House is to the rest of us. There's a number of ways that you can do this. Drop some powers that your team has, or perhaps say who your partners are. If we know the team then that eliminates a lot of our concern with it regardless of its size because it's a known threat rather than a shark lurking underneath the water that will be prone to causing, as you put it, fear mongering.

Paint us a picture of your situation.

Really if you don't like what's happening, the only thing you can do is, well, something, in the hope that it will calm the water or stir waves elsewhere. For as it looks now, your partner Coricus is getting executed.
I refuse these terms, it provide you information and power with none of your own based on fear that anything he says has merit.

Given someone has devoldged information to us on the size of their team, this is not a bunch of 4 man teams.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Greetings, ladies and gentlemen! Coming at you live from a google image search, we're at the scene of the execution about to take place!

Poor Coricus! A kind and honest soul, but too honest for her own good; revealing that she was a part of a team of four in the hopes that she could find a potential fiend was, unfortunately, her own undoing!

(I agree it's kind of messed up, but a team of four has significantly more influence over smaller teams in terms of deciding where the lynch goes. Alternatively we could lynch Red Ryu, I suppose).

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I refuse these terms, it provide you information and power with none of your own based on fear that anything he says has merit.

Given someone has devoldged information to us on the size of their team, this is not a bunch of 4 man teams.
You can deny that what Coricus said and our conclusion from it doesn't have merit all you like, it doesn't change what she said and our conclusion.

If, in your eyes, her dying is less of a loss for your team than you putting out information regarding what you all can do and/or who is all a part of the team, then so be it.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
As Holder suggested, we'd need some kind of reason not to proceed with this lynch, but none of which have been presented. Only suspicious backpedaling and denial of a 4 man team has occurred.

We're gonna need a bit more than that, otherwise a brutal death for Coricus will probably be an inevitability.

Top Bottom