• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Midlands Monthly Next: Feb 11/12th!!!!!!..Look in thread!! BIRMINGHAM!

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
I'll see closer to the date, march is an expensive month for me but these tournaments are a damn sight more fun than the London ones so I'll def be trying to save for it.
if you didn't play pokemon it wouldn't be a big deal coming here
pokemon ruuining your smash life:)

pokemon > smash though ;)

Tamoo

Smash Master
rofl this month is toooo much! Damn pokemon and their multiple multiple tournaments all over the country in the space of two weeks >.<

Ddiz: You say mm on the board but never accept them irl! Man up man ;)

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
last tourny i was down....(john)
the one b4 i did alll my MMs
but yeah ill man up and stick to MM ur jiggz and haos fox regardless of how i feel...

Yeniths

East Midlands!
April 2nd seems great for me. Let me know if you confirm it for this date and I'll update thread :D

Yeniths

East Midlands!
your in Leicester this Weds? how come? I could maybe come up, not sure yet lol.

Callum are you going to Manchester? Tommy will give you a lift if you are but gotta let him know lol.

As Freddy would prob have to pick us up at PI and take us to Tommys house. Also you going PI 2mo?

Tamoo

Smash Master
I'm checking out lboro uni, so should be going round to cals place for a couple of hours later. Gonna try and get out of any tours asap to get some more playing time in lol.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
your in Leicester this Weds? how come? I could maybe come up, not sure yet lol.

Callum are you going to Manchester? Tommy will give you a lift if you are but gotta let him know lol.

As Freddy would prob have to pick us up at PI and take us to Tommys house. Also you going PI 2mo?
I probs will go Manchester, i'll tell Tommy on Monday
Maybe, you there?

I'm checking out lboro uni, so should be going round to cals place for a couple of hours later. Gonna try and get out of any tours asap to get some more playing time in lol.
as i said man come when you can seeing as i'm in all day that day :)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Cal duno if you saw my message on Sixprizes but let Tommy know when you can if you can make it! (you better :@ ) :)

For Nottingham States I'll either come to yours Friday afternoon if thats cool or meet you guys there, depends on my work

Yeniths

East Midlands!
haha awesome, no idea what Manchester is like in terms of it's card scene so looking forward to it, will be good anyway if everyone is going :D

How you getting there :) ?

Tamoo

Smash Master
It's not certain yet, but Karl reckons there's gonna be a spare seat in the car he's getting driven up in, he just has to convince the pokemum to have a stranger around overnight, he's gonna sell me as 'essential for testing purposes' or something like that lol.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Yep camping is doing you well so far :p

Looking forward to this monthly anyway, should be good.

Hopefully Hao can confirm it for April 2nd soon :)

B.Mack

Smash Ace
George is the new KJ.

J/k George, you're awesome.

I actually have my controller in Bham now so I'll be ****** you guys at brawl for the next monthly.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Look forward to seeing you guys then. I'll talk to Hao soon

I'll never be KJ LOL

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Brad, I may be in LC this weekend and I'll see Callum if I am I'll give it to him then :)

Brado

Smash Lord
Sounds good ;D dw bout hoodie if it's taking up too much room haha, miss my hat though :p
Might end up on same bus from lough-> anstey haha

Tamoo

Smash Master
Hehe well I can bring one of them when I go to Cal's place this Wednesday and the other when I go to his next weekend, will probs bring both though, not expecting to have to carry much on wed

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Right, seeing as i know some of you arent looking in the london monthly thread/brawl thread, i'm going to take this oppurtunity to tell you about the next big event!

BLASTZONE 1

This is a mixed brawl/melee event hosted in therford, norfolk.

at this event, there is

*Overnight accomodation at the venue, and for an extra quid you can use one of the many large beanbags for sleeping on!

*Food sold inside the venue by the local youth group, who are also doubling up as the event sponser

*curteosy of the sponser, they are adding an extra 50 quid to each of the singles pot.

*A possible 20 tv's PER GAME at the venue, allowing for plenty of friendlies/money match's without slowing the tournament

*Two GIANT 40' tv's, one for brawl and one for melee, allowing for mass hype on during the finals

*With livestream on both of these tv's to be broadcast around the world!

the link to the main page: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297385

i hope to see you all there!

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Someone come visit me in Worcester, From now untill Thurs night :) so so bord and want to play smashhh

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL Well the extra £50 definitely caught my eyes....so it's very likely i'll be coming to this....plus with the TV's.

I think you should be trying to make a setup list with the amount of TV's you have.

You can add me to the setup list, but of course I have to confirm myself but getting a coach ticket first which I hope happens soon and with enough confirmation of Melee players.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Can't really afford to travel as I gotta keep money for states lol

It's annoying as I'm coming to LC on Friday anyway (I would jsut come now) but got Lecutures thursday and fri :(

Tamoo

Smash Master
ah well, and fully understand about states, I kinda got lucky, got a little bit of money from somewhere which made it possible, and hoping to get tax returns to help fund smash too.

Might start selling cards online too, raise a bit of money that way

Hao

Smash Journeyman
POSSIBLY against any Foxs', even though it's probably more wise to just make it a Fox ditto seeing how i'm more comfortable with that match.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
somehow i knew it would catch prof's eye with the sponsor XD

as soon as i know which of the tv's at the venue work or not, ill make a setup list in the social BZ1 thread

gm jack

Smash Lord
Learn one character at a time, rather than learning only tech skill for a load of them.

I might try and make it to this monthly if blastzone and trains aren't too expensive.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Learn one character at a time, rather than learning only tech skill for a load of them.
^ This.

Concentrating on learning one character at a time is best; you'll often find things you pick up can be transferred to other characters, anyway.

Is why I picked up MK in brawl :troll:

gm jack

Smash Lord
A lot of tech skill and mental game can be transferred. However, if you haven't got a solid mental game with any character, you aren't going to learn quicker by playing every character you can do some fancy tech skill with. Better to have one really good character who may have a bad match up or two than a load of mediocre ones. Especially when you play all fast fallers, who get messed up if you aren't really solid on their defensive game.

Top Bottom