• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Lafayette, IN - BARWL! - Dec 6th - SSBO ಠ_ಠ: Part Deux - hosted by The Dew Crew

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Drephen, if you come to this, I can actually MM your Luigi like you asked me to... years ago on DC++ when me and M2K were making fun of you.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
if i come to this....

LOL, I think that in the interest of saving a minute and a half (I believe that's how long it would take for you to 4-stock me. Maybe less?), I'll acquiesce to defeat and simply change my avatar.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Mars and co., I will speak with other potential ride sources to see if we can find you a more suitable pick-up time, if Goosefactor's schedule doesn't work for you. What time are you guys arriving, anyway?

APR, if you're referring to when you can arrive at the venue itself on Saturday, KSO and I will be there setting up as early as 10:30 AM. If you're talking about arriving on Friday, however, I would suggest that you speak with the Smasher who is housing you to find out their schedule.

Soap, regarding your question about the on-campus libraries, they are open to the general public (I am not sure about their specific hours off the top of my head, however), so if you so desire, you can just walk in and get to work. However, if you're not comfortable with wandering around a foreign campus at random hours, the dorms themselves have study rooms and lounges that are more often than not quite quiet (if not entirely vacant) late in the evening. I would say that those would be your overall best choice since somebody would have to swipe you in to one of the dorms after hours once you're done (non-Purdue people won't be able to come in through the front door past like 11 PM since they don't have a Purdue ID).

Seeing as how this is coming up next weekend, I would like to stress once again to get your housing situation straightened out as soon as possible and to provide your train information to one of the TO's (or simply post it directly in the thread).

Mars-

Smash Champion
It actually might work but thats a might. I checked a couple of weeks ago on the train stuff, but I know it comes late but I'm not sure how late. I wouldn't want to be waiting at the station for 2 hours.

4% APR

Smash Champion
APR, if you're referring to when you can arrive at the venue itself on Saturday, KSO and I will be there setting up as early as 10:30 AM. If you're talking about arriving on Friday, however, I would suggest that you speak with the Smasher who is housing you to find out their schedule.
Yeah I meant the Venue on Saturday. Thanks Cunning

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Jiano and Souroush, I can house you guys in my room with Mars and Sveet. I probably won't even be using my bed that night too since I'll be going to my frat Saturday night.

Use me as a last resort though, unless you don't mind a potential 6 people in one dorm room.

Then again, last weekend, we had 6 people stay the night in our room and it was fine.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i might be driving to this instead of taking the train (my mother might be giving me her car to use = $30 gas for the weekend instead of $65 in train tickets) so i might not need to be picked up from the station (and shayne if you want to ride with me we could split the gas)

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Whatever works for you guys is fine. Just be sure to post or PM either KSO or I with your plans so that we don't end up wondering what happened to you guys.

kirkq

Smash Ace
My roommate won't mind if I have one or two people that I know fairly well in my room for a night. Jiano and Souroush qualify, (or people can shuffle around the current housing plan preferably on the day of, no need to make it more confusing in this thread). I'm not housing anyone that is/was drunk/high though. All I have is empty hard tile floor, so bring an air mattress or something.

I wouldn't want anyone to not show up to this because of housing issues.

put me on the confirmed
You're joking right?

_kSo_

Smash Master
I wouldn't want anyone to not show up to this because of housing issues.
I second this statement. There are many reasons why you wouldn't be able to make this event, and housing should not be one of them.

I can usually provide sufficient housing at my frat house, but we have stuff going on all of friday night (not a party). Saturday night is a different story. I can probably house more people than listed as long as I know them. If you know me, and you need housing, I can house you. Just tell me that you will be housing with me on Saturday, and Saturday only.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation with housing. It is indeed an issue on a college campus.

Don't forget that there is still an option for lodging (information located on front page) about a mile off campus. If you drive, this will probably be more convenient for you than if you took the train, mostly because of parking johns on campus. 0_o

Tink

Smash Hero
bigyyyyy....i dont have a car for this anymore...my brakes went out on my car and its pretty messed up <_<....so, i cant drive anymore, with that said, anybody passing through here, should get me!!!

Tink

Smash Hero
bigyyyyy....i dont have a car for this anymore...my brakes went out on my car and its pretty messed up <_<....so, i cant drive anymore, with that said, anybody passing through here, should get me!!!

edit: stupid comp...sorry for double post <_</

_kSo_

Smash Master
it's prolly for the best anyway, my car is very spacious.
but make sure you and large Charles chip in for mega cheap gas :chuckle:

does that mean all you guys are going to get housing at a cheap hotel?

I don't know if i have room at my place for bigy, bigy's friend, tink and bigC...but let me know if you cannot find housing and I will see what I can do

BIG C

Smash Master
the large charles prolly isn't coming anymore as he only has like 1 dollar to his name .

but, if i manage to snake 20-25 dollars i can make it. and even tho i'm not entering i'll prolly be taking MM's against my mario vs anything but like mario brothers and puff and prolly not gay *** marth's. $1-$5 onry prz.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
the large charles prolly isn't coming anymore as he only has like 1 dollar to his name . but, if i manage to snake 20-25 dollars i can make it.
Ya dude, you better come to this. We're Berserk buddies now.

and prolly not gay *** marth's.
Dude, I don't think you really have anything to worry about in that department with me (or any other character for that matter, lol). Heh, but I'll abstain from MM's with you. It would be tantamount to burning money. But then again, I am entering this tournament, so I don't really know what my excuse for that would be. lol

'Fro

Smash Lord
haha, I'm not that good at melee anymore. and I'm playing mario, mario vs marth is like homosexual as hell.
QFT. Then again, Goose doesn't like fighting SAMUS with Marth, so his view is a little bit skewed.

Big C, you need to be here. Aside from Smash, Alan's been wanting to see if you truly are the Master of Johns and Bags.

BIG C

Smash Master
haha, i have all kinds of johns, bags i'm pretty good at after I get a feel for the setup and a decent buzz goin. When the buzz goes to where I'm a bit stumbly though, I completely lose all knowledge of strength and weakness and am madddddd inconsisitent

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
haha, I'm not that good at melee anymore. and I'm playing mario, mario vs marth is like homosexual as hell.
i play ness.
ness vs anything is pretty homosexual.

QFT. Then again, Goose doesn't like fighting SAMUS with Marth, so his view is a little bit skewed.

Big C, you need to be here. Aside from Smash, Alan's been wanting to see if you truly are the Master of Johns and Bags.
I declare, that i will samus ditto you once we get to play again.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I don't think any Marth player does haha. Sure, Marth has a good advantage, but he has to play even gayer.

BunBun

Smash Master
BIG C you better go.

ZA WARUDOOOOOO.

So now this thread is even stopping time...

So as far as I know, I'm housing BigD and Juke. That covers the couch and chair. I have a futon mattress I can roll out on the ground if someone needs a place to stay, so there is still one spot open.

tl;dr: I have a spot open on a futon mattress on the ground.

As far as the rides from the station are concerned, Skylar and I are going to change our tires, so at the very least, we'll have his car and can bring people.

_kSo_

Smash Master
There's a good chance I can house someone for Saturday Night... not Friday if someone plans to come earlier. I live two blocks from the venue.
nick, me and Cunningkitsune decided to have a 30-45 minute break after doubles so that people can go out and get food, and people who didn't sign up for singles during registration may do so at this time. That should solve your problem with showing up late :p

Top Bottom