• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Smash League

pockyD

Smash Legend
i always had the opposite impression of the terms nerd and geek

geek = someone who is interested in some nerdly/geekly pursuit (video games, anime, whatever)
nerd = someone whose lifestyle revolves around such pursuits

maybe i have it backwards?

in my experience though, 'nerd' seems to carry a much more negative connotation than 'geek' does; 'geek' commonly refers to anyone who is just a technical guru (i.e. those best buy guys), but nerd is almost always used in a negative light (except for the candies, which are delicious)

replicate

Smash Lord
the way I see it, nerd is just someone who's interested in technology/computers/videogames/anime and it doesn't really have anything to do with their social status

geeks just aren't cool

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
what do you mean? you're not good at playing brawl.
Why are majority of the good smashers greasy? Silly, of course I am not good. Then again, people have yet to realize Brawl is NOT serious business to me.

Does that mean I have to become greasy to get better at Brawl? I think that's what I've been doing wrong.

pockyD, you need to get on AIM more. And you owe me a shopping date.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
Everybodys good at brawl
i think brawl is starting to develop into a game where you get owned if you're not good.
it might still be a joke but i'm sure we can't say everybody is good at brawl anymore because people are ACTUALLY good at brawl now.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i think brawl is starting to develop into a game where you get owned if you're not good.
it might still be a joke but i'm sure we can't say everybody is good at brawl anymore because people are ACTUALLY good at brawl now.
yeah, just look at alex.

you get owned if you are not good, but its not very hard to get good.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
For those of you that troll/lurk other forums often,

Do they have as much activity as our Pac West forums? Or are we, as a loosely moderated community, an anomaly?

OR

Assuming a few other forums are casually moderated like ours

do they mostly end up like we have? What differences are there between our boards and other boards?

I would say that you would have to compare similarly populated forums, if you have the capability to do so.

Edit - Thanks in advance. I appreciate your input. And your spam.
depending on who you are

SuperRad

Smash Master
i'm not sure exactly what you are looking for kira, but most forums i visit are moderated either the same or less then this one. for the most part, they are moderated less. they are all more "private" forums, so the members have a tendency to self moderate as needed. i think that's the biggest difference really. smashboards has less of a self filter it seems, people just post whatever the **** they want.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
this is the most loosely moderated forum i've ever gone to

i'm usually banned within a year and then go somewhere else

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
What I find hilarious is that Smashboards actually has significantly more moderators than alot of other forums I've been on, yet most of them are extremely inactive. There isn't more than 9 moderators on SWF that are on everyday and probably less than 15 that are on more than once a week. Even worse(Better?) is the fact that alot of mods don't really care about spam as long as its not intrusive.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
What I find hilarious is that Smashboards actually has significantly more moderators than alot of other forums I've been on, yet most of them are extremely inactive. There isn't more than 9 moderators on SWF that are on everyday and probably less than 15 that are on more than once a week. Even worse(Better?) is the fact that alot of mods don't really care about spam as long as its not intrusive.
yeah, smashboards used to be really strict on spam. i think it's especially hard to keep up with the huge number of members and rooms, and with their new MLG servers it's not like spam is gonna **** their bandwidth or anything. general brawl and brawl characters and regional zones... soo many freaking rooms. the higher-up staff could easily choose more moderators but a lot of them don't really pay attention to the smash-related forums cuz they don't play smash that much LOL. you should see the moderation in the pool room, it's much more active (cuz that's where most of the old school super mods and stuff came from)

IMO another new influx of staff would be nice

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
LoL, i'm the only moderator that is active here. Gimpy posts sometimes, and ender is around once in awhile. O_o If you guys want to challenge me I bet I could get rid of every ounce of spam around here ;) jk <3

MarthPwnzer

Smash Journeyman
This would have to be the most open edged sub-forum,spam here hardly leads to a ban, ever.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
last time i got infractions was many months ago, from silent wolf and gimpyfish

ever since then i hate silent wolf LMAO!

Top Bottom