• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Well, there is a new thread that will be CONSISTENTLY UPDATED(I hope), so go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Its a shame that we've hit a temporary dead end, but I'm sure Aura, self damage, and projectile edits will come into being sooner or later. For now though, we can examine Pichu's moves and abilities again to make sure s/he's balanced in preparation for a later release. Thanks for all of your hard work, D.B.K.!
(and of course, VILE for working on the Pichu model)
:005:

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Its a shame that we've hit a temporary dead end, but I'm sure Aura, self damage, and projectile edits will come into being sooner or later. For now though, we can examine Pichu's moves and abilities again to make sure s/he's balanced in preparation for a later release. Thanks for all of your hard work, D.B.K.!
(and of course, VILE for working on the Pichu model)
If I could get that IC[Basic]=2 statement that Eldiran found to work we would pretty much have a working aura and battle damage system. Technically editing projectiles is possible but only through a hex editor.

Do you like the pink thunder for Pichu?

Azurie

Smash Cadet
Awesome project. 1.7 is looking good, but I'm wondering why you got rid of the U-Smash headbutt. It seemed very Pichu-ish with the adorable head nod.

Rudra

Smash Ace
^ It looked very odd. Some parts of Pichu's body would shrink/vanish in an attempt to match Jigg's bones when USmashing.

@ DBK

Yeah, but it would be much better having PSA work the modifications for projectiles.
Though it would be interesting to test some projectile edits...Hmm...

Also: Pink Thunder is sweet. I love it. <3

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Too bad the flower idea didn't work, I'm getting started in doing PSA I hope I can make the character properly. When I'm done with my WIP, I'll get on the Pichu Project ^_^

Any expert coders in SWF please help with Self-damaging and Aura plz
kthxbai :D

Awesome project. 1.7 is looking good, but I'm wondering why you got rid of the U-Smash headbutt. It seemed very Pichu-ish with the adorable head nod.
lol if you use the circle camera code to look at Pichu during Usmash, you'll see some sort of a vacuum under her stomach = wierd

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Pichu looked. . . deformed during the USmash animation so I got rid of it.

I'll try looking for Tjolt in a hex editor this afternoon.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Pichu looked. . . deformed during the USmash animation so I got rid of it.

I'll try looking for Tjolt in a hex editor this afternoon.
Oh hey, if you have the time to PM me or something, could you help me in creating PSA? Just started and I'm pretty noob, I'd really appreciate it. I think after that, I'll join the Pichu PSA Team ^_^

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
So. . . who's up for some moveset discussion? Like Rudra said, we might as well make sure Pichu is balanced while we're waiting on the model importer and aura.

@Kei: I'll try, but I'm not one of the best PSAers around.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I'm liking the pac so far, no complaints. Nice touch with the ink thunderbolt, looks cool ;)

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Nope, didn't work. The stop gap animation was hilarious on Pichu though.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Rofl.

I got a MELEE BAIR WORKING!!!

But it needs hitbox tweaks like nobody's business. And a lot more cooldown. You can do exactly 3 of them in one shorthop and its a sex kick.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Would you mind sending me the .pac(s)? I could have it fixed by tomorrow.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Sure, although I was having fun doing it ;-;

Do you have an instant messenger of any sort?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Still I'd like to be able to talk to you without spamming up the thread about things like tripping chances and angles and base and stuff like that :V

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Pre-changelist :V

We need your input on this as this should be a very large update when the model importer is released.

Pichu v2.0 BETA

Changes

Moveset

Nair: Aesthetically improved (overall speedup); 1.3x speed on frame 1, 1.2x speed on frame 8, 1x speed on frame 32, 0.8x speed on frame 43.

Bair: Meleeified; 0.5x speed on frame 1, 0.2x speed on frame 5, 0.5x speed on frame 6, 30x speed on frame 10, hitbox comes out on frame 5, sourspot on frame 6 with a 10% trip chance.

Uair: 1.4x speed, tailspike removed and changed to angle 45. All other angles changed to around 90. 1.1x speed on frame 6.

Dair: Landing now has angle 270 hitbox instead of 30ish.

Dtilt: Angle changed to 85.

Utilt: Strengthened a bit to avoid long locks on fastfallers

Dsmash: Angle reversed, hitbox comes out on frame 3 and goes away on frame 5. 2.0x hitlag multiplier.

Fsmash: Angle changed to 270 and hitlag to 1.7x for better linking on all hits except final. SDI multiplier cut down to 0.4x. Another hit added to loop in opposing direction to help you DI out and avoid accidentally gimping recovering foes. Startup and endlag both at 0.3x to accompany this huge buff, along with a slight BKB and KBG adjustment to avoid killing DK off the side of stages at 120% lol.

Fthrow: Now throws without zapping, SUPER fast. Only followups are hyphen usmash and quick attack. Does 4% (should this be raised?)

DownB: If the thunder hits you, you get super armor instead of invincibility.

SideB: Travels a bit farther.

Up Throw: Weakened to allow comboing into uair

Cosmetic

DSmash: No longer makes zapping noise on contact

Dash acceleration upped slightly; barely noticeable

Fallspeed increased somewhat.

Aerial Mobility increased somewhat.

All aura removed.

To-Do

Wait for model importer

Get a model to import >.<

Increase crawlspeed​

Sound good?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
What does Aura accomplish? And Self damage at this point isn't possible, nobody knows how it works.. But I'm positive you'll be satisfied with this. I just finished and started playing it myself. It's like "Wow, how did I do this all in one night?!" xD

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
What does Aura accomplish? And Self damage at this point isn't possible, nobody knows how it works.. But I'm positive you'll be satisfied with this. I just finished and started playing it myself. It's like "Wow, how did I do this all in one night?!" xD
Yeah I guess your Pichu might possible be a viable balanced character
As for me, I'm looking at something that I can get a good kick out of
Pichu might be able to pull off a unique strategy play if there is Aura and Self dmg game
as well as Aura could be a great compensation to his light weight and self damage moves
I'm not really saying you should scrap the idea, but just keep it in mind in case someone comes up with a new hack. ^_^

(BTW: 2.0 is Boy Pichu? lol hoping it is)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Yeah I guess your Pichu might possible be a viable balanced character
As for me, I'm looking at something that I can get a good kick out of
Pichu might be able to pull off a unique strategy play if there is Aura and Self dmg game
as well as Aura could be a great compensation to his light weight and self damage moves
I'm not really saying you should scrap the idea, but just keep it in mind in case someone comes up with a new hack. ^_^

(BTW: 2.0 is Boy Pichu? lol hoping it is)
Yeah that would be unique indeed and have a lot of strategy I do agree but it's strange for Pichu to have aura still if he can't hurt himself yet and can only heal xD

And trust me his light weight is more than made up for now. He doesn't even feel light anymore with the fallspeed change D:

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Holy Crap! I saw a Wolfachu file on Mediafire
It's not finished yet but you can mess with it if you want. Up B and Down B freeze Wolfachu and you have to tap side B a few times for it to work.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
lol how unexpected although I got a question, so since DownB freezes, what file does it load? Thunder or Shine?
It loads Shine but it tried using one of Pikachus animations, which causes it to freeze. If I ever get the time I'll fix it.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Been having some personal PSA problems lately too, I want to use only an animation for a certain timeline from the "whole animation" for example Fox's Usmash into Uair, at the end of his New Uair Animation there is the last bit of it where he-lands-to-the-ground type of animation.

Also when setting up GFXs my Wii just gets stuck at the loading screen, but without it it works like a charm

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
It probably has something to do with the "other" tab. Or it might have to be hexxed >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom