• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly SBR Character Discussion: Metaknight

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The first character up for discussion is Metaknight. I'm not really sorry if you wanted another character.

I'll make a new thread every Sunday or Monday (depending on if I have access to a computer), and then someone who is a mod will have to move the thread because I cannot do that myself. I'll be picking the character myself because I really don't feel like listening to or sifting through an in-depth discussion as to what character should be chosen next. They'll all be done eventually, so I'm just going to pick them myself. I'll listen if people make suggestions, but if I have a dream about Jigglypuff and see it as an omen I'll pick Jigglypuff.

At the end of the week I'll try to make a brief synopsis of what I felt was the most "important" information, but the entire thread will be moved. Because of this, please keep discussion civil as I, nor any mod, is going to go through this and fix your posts so they are more presentable. You will be giving a reflection of what the back room is and how it works, so post accordingly.

Any video evidence of tactics / anit-move DI / whatever is greatly appreciated, but this is mostly going to be a text based discussion. If you have matches that "prove" something, go ahead and post them.

The main point of this thread is to increase our knoweldge of a character, so keep that in mind when you post. Ask questions as much as you answer them, make complaints as to what you think is broken.

To get us started in the right direction:

What can you do to stop Metaknight's tornado?

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright, I did some testing and it should be, for the most part anyway, accurate.

MK's tornado will always be stopped by projectiles, unless the projectiles hits the tornado within about 1/4 second (not really sure on the exact time) of it's start up time, unless it is a very strong projectile (like Link's fully charged arrow). Other moves that stop it include moves with disjointed hitboxes (Ganon's sparta kick stopped it).

I think this is correct, anyway.

EDIT: Heh, forgot the most basic one. If you use an attack (usually Dair) while directly over MK's head in the air it will work as well. >_>

D

Deleted member

I try to DI out. Down works well.

So does ike's forward air.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It seems to be easier with Lucario, but I have been trying to double stick DI out.

Hold down on the control stick and mash down with the c stick. The c-stick only gives you one frame of DI, so you have to mash it. Mashing down on both sticks back and forth seems to work well too, but you have to see it coming. Merely holding down seems to be adequate.

Once you get sucked up and it is already started, I can't seem to get out. Is there any way to DI out while you are already "inside"?

edit:

It should be noted that shielding it only works when you have full shield, and that you can't punish a good metaknight when he tornados your shield. He can go in, tear up your shield, get out, and then do it again. Shielding again means you will be shield poked and caught up in the tornado. As it is a multi-hit move, you cannot spot dodge it. Rolling is also inadequate, as he can chase your roll easily. Running straight away or shooting a projectile like the gyro seems to be the only way to consistently evade it, and that is even difficult.

In order to make it less effective, a good counter-DI is necessary.

It should also be known that after using the tornado 4 times, it does a mere 4-8% of damage if it hits with all its hits. This means that eventually the MK will have to do something else, but considering it does a whopping 20% at the beginning it almost seems irrelevant.

A good strategy may be to deliberately jump into a metaknight's tornado at the very end so you take 2-4%, but weaken the move so it won't do as much later if you are actually caught. This would only work if he spammed it though, so it isn't a good strategy at high level play.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Can anyone verify any sort of DI tricks and if they work for the heavier characters? I think we've got the general idea of how to get MK out of it, but how do WE when we are being Metaknight is literally rocking us like a hurricane?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I know that when playing against Taj, he would quickly DI up and out of the first few hits and then air dodge away. Usually I couldn't get more than 8 percent with a fresh neutral+b, and then I risked a lot of punishment. For reference, he was using Pit and Diddy at the time.

He also was very good at simply interrupting the tornado using aerials and smashes, but I can't recall exactly which moves he used or which parts of the tornado he would hit. He's also the only player who could do that to me consistently, but the fact that he knocked me out of it with regularity says something.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I would like to know which of Metaknight's moves auto-cancel. Anyone got some data?

chillindude829

Smash Master
this thread should be titled "metaknight is bull****"

but seriously, at this point i consider MK the best character in the game. he probably has the least lag after his moves out of anyone. he's one of the few (if not only) characters in brawl that can still combo well, and although he doesnt have very many kill moves, his ability to rack up damage kind of nullifies that. also his up+B is a great kill move. along with being ridiculously fast coming out, it also covers a huge radius and is nearly impossible to counterattack.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
metaknights tornado can do up to 21% (I think, not 100% sure, but in a match this happened to me) to DDD, someone should test this out vs him and other chars, it's super good vs big guys.
Agreed about it being good vs. big guys. ROB has such a hard time getting out of the tornado, but I can do it ASAP with Lucario by smash DIing down with both sticks.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I might be a bit behind, but is double stick DI confirmed? I've been doing it out of throws and stuff due to my melee habits, but I haven't actually seen someone come out and say that it was in.

Also, Iori was able to kill me with the tornado move once. If you can catch someone with it pretty high up in the air it can KO. Not entirely significant as it's pretty situational.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Well, you can definitely extend the duration of Mach tornado by continuously pressing B, and if you manage to snag an opponent in the maxed out tornado (with no DR present) then I could understand it doing up to 21 percent.

On another note, has anybody experienced problems with MK's glide as a stalling mechanic? I'm pretty much able to go under any level whenever I want, and I only spent a few minutes practicing it. I don't use it to stall personally, but it could be a real problem on levels like Corneria where you can go all the way across the level easily and safely. I don't know how many tournies will use Corneria in Brawl, but I definitely had zero problems recovering because I could just go places my opponent had no hope of touching me. MK also enjoys this privilege on many other stages; any time he's pushed near the boundaries of the level, he can use his glide to recover absurdly high or low, beyond the movement capabilities of any opponent besides himself.

Another interesting little trick with his glide is that if you build up a lot of downward momentum and then fly into the wall of a stage--a good place to try this would be the side of Castle Seige's first form, or something--you can just go up and down for an absurd length of time without ever having to land. I managed to keep this up for around 45 seconds when I first tried it in Subspace Emissary, which I thought was ridiculous considering that SSE has increased gravity which should have made the feat even harder.

Summary: MK's glide as stalling; has anybody else seen this happening or become a problem? Or is it just "so gay" that nobody would be willing to touch it?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
what characters are good against metaknight? Should I use DDD or metaknight ditto people?

If so, can anyone go in detail good strats that work against metaknight? Like how to get out of tornado, or safe ways to kill or edge guard him. Can I suck up his tornado.. I'm pretty sure I can down smash it with DDD. Anything would be good. He's my worst matchup probably.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Diddy definitely creates problems for MK; if the MK uses his tornado on the ground, for instance, he can trip over any bananas that are lying there. IIRC, being hit with a banana while in the tornado will knock him out of it as well, but I can't be absolutely certain.

Diddy is also able to, fairly quickly, build up damage on MK, which is bad news for him considering his weight. Smart airdodges and forward+b'ing makes it tough to edgeguard Diddy as well, negating another one of MK's main strengths. Diddy also has one of the same strengths as MK, which is good range relative to his size.

I find it to be particularly tough, but I don't get much Diddy practice in general, so perhaps it's just my lack of experience shining through. Somebody mentioned somewhere that DK is good at fighting MK because of his high power, and Lucario may be good because of Aura and his general priority. Thoughts?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
what characters are good against metaknight? Should I use DDD or metaknight ditto people?

If so, can anyone go in detail good strats that work against metaknight? Like how to get out of tornado, or safe ways to kill or edge guard him. Can I suck up his tornado.. I'm pretty sure I can down smash it with DDD. Anything would be good. He's my worst matchup probably.
Metaknight has a few serious issues with his gameplay.

1. Incredibly laggy f/b air attacks

I know, you're thinking "they have zero lag". This is true, but only AFTER the attack is finished. His attacks take forever when he just throws them out due to the multiple hits they have. This can be easily abused by people that have large disjointed hitboxes (Dedede, Marth, Ike, etc.) by baiting MK's attacks and then attacking during the duration of the attack. Characters with really good rolls (such as Lucario or Pit) can simply roll behind MK and capitalize from there with a quick attack.

This requires a lot of patience and excellent spacing, but it works just fine. I do just as well with my Lucario as I do with my ROB, and my Lucario is very unpolished. This is simply because I bait attacks and roll behind MK and pressure him from there.

2. MK is incredibly light

It is very easy to KO MK off the top if you have the right attacks. Make sure you SAVE your best aerial killing moves against MK. Keep in mind that every time you grab someone and hit them out of the grab with the A button, each individual hit recharges your other moves! It only takes 9, so two or three grabs can recharge everything.

Characters like Donkey Kong can destroy Metaknight easily by only using two moves. Their high priority damage dealer (in DK's case, a back-air) and a powerful launcher (for DK, his d-smash). Other characters don't have it quite as easy, but my game against MK is generally just racking up damage and playing keep-away until he is at a killing %, and then I try to throw out an up-smash or other aerial killing move.

It never ceases to surprise Metaknight's when they die at a mere 50 or 60% because they DI up and towards you out of instinct. This is not the best DI for getting out of a vertical killing move; in fact it is almost the worst. Knowing that this is how most Metaknight players will DI, make sure you challenge them in the air. The higher you can get him in the air, the easier it will be for him to die. ROB's neutral air can take hom out as low as 50% if MK is recovering from too high above.

3. Metaknight's Recovery is limited

MK's recovery is AMAZING. He can ALWAYS get back if he's alive unless the player messes up. However, that doesn't mean it isn't limited. His recovery is very laggy unless he grabs the edge or cancels the lag with a glide attack RIGHT AS HE HITS THE GROUND. Knowing this, you can space yourself to where he can't glide attack straight into you and follow up from there. You KNOW he's going to waste time glide attacking nothing to cancel the lag; if he doesn't you can run up and grab him anyway. I generally just launch MK into the air out of a throw after he recovers and attempt to get him to use his up+b again somehow and repeat the process. This also helps in challenging MK in the air. MK will rarely avoid you when he is in a glide, so run up to him and use a high priority move (such as ROB's nair, Dedede's forward air, DK's bair, etc.). At worst, you'll both hit each other, but that doesn't matter because you're attack will be stronger than his glide attack and you'll have a much greater chance to KO metaknight from the air.

4. Metaknight has to commit to everything

Metaknight can't trick you. If he does an aerial, he has to commit to it. Knowing this, you should know that you can control the flow of the match by baiting Metaknight's moves. The closest thing to a "mindgame" that Metaknight has is "when will he throw out his tornado". Metaknight will always approach you because he has to, so you're playing rock-paper-scissors with somebody that shows his hand on 2 instead of 3. Use that to your advantage and don't attack until after you see him doing something.

Metaknight has a lot of strengths too. That's why he's so good. I'm going to be doing the following section from a Metaknight player's perspective instead of opposing it... I think MK players might want some help to go with all this anti-MK advice :)

1. He has no lag to his aerials when he hits the ground

Metaknight can shorthop all his aerials and land with little to no lag. He can actually short-hop down-air and then follow it up with a neutral air without jumping again! This makes him an offensive terror. You ALWAYS want your opponent to shield, and if he does, you can attack his shield and then quickly float away and follow it up with whatever you want. If their shield is low and you are unsure of what to do, just throw out a tornado; they can only shield the whole thing if they have a full shield, so if you hit their shield once it won't work.

Watch out for players that want to capitalize on the lag that comes from the duration of your attack! The best way to hurt a metaknight is to hit him while he's attacking or during the short timeframe that he is unable to do anything. Most of Metaknight's good ground attacks have a lot of startup lag, so you don't have much you can do to push them away. Don't be afraid to throw out your "jab" (more like a sword frenzy than a jab) as it is very quick to come out. Your d-tilt can also be effective, since it increases the chances of them tripping and also moves Metaknight a little bit (this hurts your opponents spacing a lot more than you'd think).

2. You can always recover

If you are metaknight and you are recovering, grab the edge or land far away from your opponent. Always! Anything else is asking for trouble. Metaknight is way too light to just rush in and expect to trade hits, so you don't want to deal with that. His up+b is very predictable, so try to recover as safely as possible. You can choose when you want to attack any other time, so don't give them this advantage.

3. Be patient

If Metaknight waits for his opponent to attack, he always wins. That's all it takes to rack up damage, and then it just takes a little bit of effort to throw out a kill move. Just wait for your opponent to start up an attack and then run in with a forward air or a back air, and then follow up with other aerials if you can. Metaknight is ALL ABOUT RACKING UP DAMAGE. He has the best qualities he could ever ask for to do this, including that crazy tornado that he can throw out three or four times in a row to deal 40%+ damage.

If you want to work on being patient, get into the habit of using his tornado and only his tornado. Play your friend, and whenever you see the startup animation for an attack, start your tornado and run into them. Then land far enough away so you are safe, and repeat the process.

Remember that if someone is in a full out dash, they can upsmash, dash attack, jump into an aerial (including a running bair), or grab, and that is it. Characters like Dedede don't have a single good option from a dash against metaknight, and should be walking everywhere instead. If you see them dashing for no reason, punish them for it by just throwing an attack into them. What are they going to do? Their best option is to shield.

4. The over-b shield poke

Metaknight's will often see their opponent with a low shield. This is the PERFECT time to throw out your over-b, an often neglected move. Angle it down into the ground and their shield, and it will inevitably shield poke. At high %, this can even be a kill move, but all you're really hoping for is for them to be launched far enough away to where they have to recover, which is #5.

5. Make your opponent recover!

There are very few recoveries in the game that are unpunishable. Even those that seem powerful, like Dedede's up+B, can simply be shielded and then countered with a d-smash. That's all you're hoping to do out of their recovery: hit them with that d-smash!

The best ways to force your opponent off the ledge (forcing them to use their up+b) is to hit them with a neutral air or over-b. In some situations, your down+b can work, but that is rare.

6. When in doubt, up+B

At lower %, when you don't know what to do my advice would be throw out a tornado or two until you can figure something out. At higher %, throwing your up+B into the fray whenever you can is a great tactic. A lot of players will try to attack you in the air (and rightly so) for a low % KO against you; make it harder for them by throwing out your up+b! It has a HUGE radius and a lot of knockback, and if you even tap them with it it will greatly turn the tide.

Just remember to use your glide attack too if need be.

Directly answering M2K's question of "who is good against MK":

Anyone that has a really fast roll or fast attacks with high priority
Anyone that has a really good vertical KO move.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
can DDDs down tilt go thru tornado, or forward tilt.. what beats it.. i'm pretty sure down smash beats it but that starting time is slow for that. I'm most likely going DDD vs metaknight players, anything on that matchup specifically will be good.

edit - idea, can i full jump dair over the tornado? I was playing velocity in his GW vs my meta so we could find ways around tornado, and GW F smash and jump over it + Dair beat it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
can DDDs down tilt go thru tornado, or forward tilt.. what beats it.. i'm pretty sure down smash beats it but that starting time is slow for that. I'm most likely going DDD vs metaknight players, anything on that matchup specifically will be good.

edit - idea, can i full jump dair over the tornado? I was playing velocity in his GW vs my meta so we could find ways around tornado, and GW F smash and jump over it + Dair beat it.
Any disjointed hitbox that hits the center of the tornado will either clank or go through it. Retreating fair might be good. Double jump dair might be good as well.

Hell, you might be able to just up+b to avoid it.

Try to double stick DI out of the tornado by smashing down on both control sticks as fast as you can; I can do that and get out quickly with Lucario, but not so much with ROB.

D

Deleted member

this thread should be titled "metaknight is bull****"

but seriously, at this point i consider MK the best character in the game. he probably has the least lag after his moves out of anyone. he's one of the few (if not only) characters in brawl that can still combo well, and although he doesnt have very many kill moves, his ability to rack up damage kind of nullifies that. also his up+B is a great kill move. along with being ridiculously fast coming out, it also covers a huge radius and is nearly impossible to counterattack.
you can also do downsmash out of shield, which is just as good/better as his other shield options, as well as doubling as an approach (run up, tap shield, downsmash).

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ZOMG 21% damage with the tornado???
Links Fair does 22% if you get both hits in, and that doesn't require you pressing B and the opponent not DIing.

banana's hit MK out of tornado, but MK doesn't slip on banana's when he is in the tornado. Shrug, using the tornado isn't good against Diddy, yay for even low powered items being awesome.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It's looking like the tornado itself might be a reason to have a secondary to play against MK!

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Meta doesn't have to attack to cancel the lag from upb - he can B-cancel it at a much higher height and land into an attack, or he can upb into directly landing on a platform.

Can anybody confirm that his glide-A attack's shield stun lasts longer than it takes for him to pull out another attack if he does it close enough to the ground?

Side note, I've killed people with the final hit of tornado upwards at 130% on Battlefield. Granted, they were nearly offscreen =p

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
OS: I hate to say it, but apart from the obvious stuff, I almost completely disagree with your character analysis.

Recovery: Like Kirbstir said, he can cancel his glides at any time just by hitting B. If it happened to be his double jump glide, then he can continue to act from it. For instance, cancel the glide using B, then tap B again to go into MK's tornado and sucker people in who thought you could be punished.

Which of his good ground attacks have start up lag? His two ground staples (f-tilt and d-smash) are both insanely quick coming out. His d-tilt is slower, but not really exploitable in startup. Up-smash comes out very quickly too (but with lots of ending lag); his laggy ground moves consist of up-tilt and forward-smash.

Also... I refuse to believe that DK of all characters can "destroy MK using only two moves." What MK's are you watching lose to a predictable pattern that consists of just two moves? I mean, I could understand you arguing on behalf of spacing b-airs into f-tilts and d-tilts for ground spacing, using surprise down+b to punish MK's rolls or ground game, and exploiting no-flinch on neutral+b to gain tricky KOs and trade. But even then, MK's strengths with high move speed and long range relative to his size would STILL make it a huge headache for DK to land more than a single isolated hit after hit and actually lead into anything useful. Plus, you can probably just power through b-air using the tornado anyhow.

Also: MK has plenty of options for being unpredictable, he just doesn't need them very often since he can play solidly and safely. Just the basic mixups of airdodging, rolls, and baiting with double jumps exist for him like they do for most characters. Add to that his high maneuverability and low lag and he has more than his share of feints and tricks to encourage an opponent to attack at the wrong time.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
1. Incredibly laggy f/b air attacks

I know, you're thinking "they have zero lag". This is true, but only AFTER the attack is finished. His attacks take forever when he just throws them out due to the multiple hits they have. This can be easily abused by people that have large disjointed hitboxes (Dedede, Marth, Ike, etc.) by baiting MK's attacks and then attacking during the duration of the attack. Characters with really good rolls (such as Lucario or Pit) can simply roll behind MK and capitalize from there with a quick attack.

This requires a lot of patience and excellent spacing, but it works just fine. I do just as well with my Lucario as I do with my ROB, and my Lucario is very unpolished. This is simply because I bait attacks and roll behind MK and pressure him from there.
I've gotta say that correct spacing on MK's part would keep him safer on this.

3. Metaknight's Recovery is limited

MK's recovery is AMAZING. He can ALWAYS get back if he's alive unless the player messes up. However, that doesn't mean it isn't limited. His recovery is very laggy unless he grabs the edge or cancels the lag with a glide attack RIGHT AS HE HITS THE GROUND. Knowing this, you can space yourself to where he can't glide attack straight into you and follow up from there. You KNOW he's going to waste time glide attacking nothing to cancel the lag; if he doesn't you can run up and grab him anyway. I generally just launch MK into the air out of a throw after he recovers and attempt to get him to use his up+b again somehow and repeat the process. This also helps in challenging MK in the air. MK will rarely avoid you when he is in a glide, so run up to him and use a high priority move (such as ROB's nair, Dedede's forward air, DK's bair, etc.). At worst, you'll both hit each other, but that doesn't matter because you're attack will be stronger than his glide attack and you'll have a much greater chance to KO metaknight from the air.
I've gotta disagree here; I've already mentioned why he doesn't have to attack right as he hits the ground, even though I believe the attack can be pretty high up and still not lag.

MK can feint a glide attack every now and then and drop somewhere pretty well spaced if he wants. I don't make it a point to challenge people 100% with the attack.

The glide-A also seems to tie a lot with other attacks; I'm not sure if it's just ground ones though.

4. Metaknight has to commit to everything
Not true at all; there's a saying about not saying "everything." When it comes to the aerial game, MK should rarely be limited in his options.

As for people who can do well against Meta Knight, maybe Wolf, maybe Fox? I haven't played enough of the cast enough times to make this call.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Instead of commit, maybe it should be said that many of his moves are very LONG. You have time to react.

My Ike did very well against Squared's MK, and while he'll be the first to admit that he's still learning a lot, counter is effective enough, and you can outrange a lot of his moves. He dies at decent percents as well. Anyone else find this to be the case? What weaknesses does Ike have against MK?

aho43

Smash Lord
fox overB ties tornado, they trade hits. Kills the tornado too. woot. I bet marth shield breaker beats it.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Instead of commit, maybe it should be said that many of his moves are very LONG. You have time to react.

My Ike did very well against Squared's MK, and while he'll be the first to admit that he's still learning a lot, counter is effective enough, and you can outrange a lot of his moves. He dies at decent percents as well. Anyone else find this to be the case? What weaknesses does Ike have against MK?
The first paragraph seems to be an argument against the 2nd.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Heh, true.

MK has no counter though. With Ike you can more or less bait out attacks and counter. Even if MK doesn't hit you and backs away, you've got time to recover. It may not work against good MK players. The biggest thing is the range. Ike's fair is the only thing I've ever seen beat MK's fair, though I haven't tested it extensively.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I've gotta say that once Ike is off the stage he's in a rather vulnerable position, especially against a character with such air control like meta.

He's probably not getting back without being punished in some way, whether it's by gimp or by more damage. MK's upB just makes this worse. MK seems like he'd be the one determining the pace of the match against Ike.

I've seen Azen's Ike lose to Forute's MK, so that's the quantitative evidence I'll add. Granted, that was pretty early in the game, but there's an Azen exception for a reason.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
I've found my best matchups against MK to be Marth, G&W, and most projectile whores (Samus, ROB, sometimes Link or Snake).

Marth can swat him out of his tornado. He has superior range, an excellent recovery, and good power.

G&W's key has stupidly amazing priority and will eat the **** out of any move MK tries to throw at him. His other moves are also very quick with good priority. His dsmash will often kill MK at 65% or so near the edge.

Projectile whores I can just spam the **** out of MK until he gets so frustrated that he plays like crap.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I don't think Marth has an excellent recovery. It seems like he gets gimped almost as much as Ike does.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
In reference to the tornado discussion from earlier, I know that Wolf can shine out of the tornado. Not sure if Fox and Falco can do the same.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I just spent a half an hour attempting to DI out of the tornado in every possible way, and as long as the metaknight is using the tornado properly (i.e., not moving a lot once you are in), there is little you could do.

The best I could find was to smash DI in one direction repeatedly while hitting L & R so you air dodged. This decreased the damage considerably (from 21% to 4-6% on the first tornado), and the tornado is weakened very quickly so this helps prevent him from spamming it successfully.

Still, a really good move. I've also found that some projectiles will knock him out only SOME of the time. Irritating.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
I don't think Marth has an excellent recovery. It seems like he gets gimped almost as much as Ike does.
Speaking of Marth's recovery, I found that if you hold up on the analog stick before he begins his descent, that he temporarily stops in mid-air for about a full second. Doing this has allowed me to grab some ledges that I felt normally would have not been possible to grab. Has anyone else known about this little feature about his Up B? Because I haven't heard anyone point it out.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
The beginning of MK's upb will beat a dair in progress, if you space it right. Bair is really the biggest pain to deal with.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have found that Gordo's are extremely good against Meta Knight.

MK's Up + B is ridiculous, not only can the startup of the move kill you, but after he makes the initial loop he can kill you as well.

I'm having problems getting combo ed off the stage into it.

Also DDD can Down + B MK out of his tornado I believe.

Top Bottom