• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Move Discussion [Week 20~ Up Smash]

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Peach Move Discussion

I got this idea from some of the other character threads and thought it would be something good for the Peach boards. Okay, each week I will chose one of Peach's moves and us fellow Peach mainers can contribute, give advice, tell us its pros, cons, etc, and at the end of each week I'll sum up some quotes I think contributed a lot and list the pages where the discussions took place. I also made this thread to help contribute to the Peach guide since some of the moves their are lacking an analysis, perhaps Excel Zero can take this information and include it in his guide. This thread is ONLY for move discussions, ANY and ALL spam or topics not involving this thread will be reported by me, so in other words, dont post anything unless it has something to do with the move I have listed to discuss. So, lets get started shall we. (Ratings are out of five ♥'s)

If you have any questions, suggestions, or opinions please PM me or something instead of posting it here.

Table of Contents
  • Standard Moves
  • Tilts
  • Smash Attacks
  • Aerials
  • Special Moves
  • Throws
Week 20 ~ Usmash

You may now start discussing.

Standard Moves

Jab ~ pages 12-13

Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Summary:
Peach's jab is a very great move. It has good priority for a jab and clanks with many projectiles. It comes out on frame 2 and is her fastest and safest move in her aresenal. Believe it or not it's her most ranged move (second jab), and has awesome set ups for grabs. This move is great to follow up after using an Fair to keep you safe, not to mention it's great for refreshing stale moves.

Combos:
  • Glide Toss forward > Jab > Grab
  • Autocancel Fair > Jab > Grab
  • Jab > Grab

Dash Attack ~ Pages 24- 25

Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥

Summary:
At first glance this move seems to suck compared to Mele, but is that true? Lets see, it recatches Turnips really well, refreshes moves, a nice combo starter at low percents. and is a nice surprise attack. It also has two different hits, and the second is slightly disjointed. Also, the first hit of it can set up for a sweetspotted Usmash. At certain percents you can Dsmash and then immediately Dash Attack them as they bounce off the ground. You should miss withwith your second hit and they should fly away from you and hit the ground again. This forces them to do an immediate wake-up animation and since they have no control over the timing of their get up; they just stand up immediately after hitting the ground.
*Credit to Villi for telling us this*

Combos:
  1. Dsmash -> sends them behind you
  2. Dash attack -> first hit catches them as they bounce on the ground
  3. Running up smash -> catches them as the invincibility from their get-up animation wears off

Tilts

Up tilt ~ pages 1-4

Summary:
Uh oh! What's this? This wasnt in Melee! This is Peach's brand new Utilt. Was this move added for the best? Absolutely! This move is awesome. It is EXTREMELLY disjointed with tons of range. It can stop EVERY Dair in the game, and almost anything coming down from above. This move should be used whenever the chance is open. You dont have to worry about it decaying, and it can be a nice KO move when opponents are at high percents. A VERY good move to use when opponents are above you. It's also pretty fast.

Combos:
  • Dair > Uair > FF > Utilt - You can add an extra Dair depending on the opponent's weight.
  • FF Dair > Utilt
  • Ftilt > Utilt
  • Dtilt > Utilt (low percents)
  • Fsmash (Pan) > Utilt

Down Tilt ~ Pages 18-20

Rating: ♥ ♥

Summary:
Great move, but highly underused. It's Peach's second most ranged attack, and it's a nice sheild poker as well. This move has some nice AT's to it, if you repeatedly use Dtilt you'll gain forward momentum, and if you use Dtilt and perform an attack before the last few frames end you'll slide back, also if your on PS2 and its one the ice stage and you are sliding around everywhere you can Dtilt and it'll immediately stop you. This move is also a spike, it's extremelly situational and hard to pull off, but if you manage to it's pretty powerful.

Combos:
  • Dtilt > Utilt (low percents)
  • Dtilt > Nair
  • Dtilt > Fair
  • Jab > Dtilt
  • Dtilt > Fsmash
Forward Tilt ~ Pages 31-33

Summary:
Peach's Ftilt got some pretty nice buffs from Melee to Brawl, it's a fantasic anti-aerial move, has amazing range, has nice combo ability, and is a really nice KO finisher for lightweights when fresh. It also appears to have multiple hitboxes around different times of the attack. It's main downside however is it's lag.

Combos:
  • Jab > Ftilt
  • Jab > Ftilt > Grab
  • Ftilt > Ftilt > Ftilt/Utilt
  • Ftilt > Nair
  • Ftilt > Parasol

Smash Attacks

Down Smash ~ Pages 4-8

Summary:
This move was Peach's best move in Melee, but unfortunately it got toned down a bit in Brawl. However, it's still a great move! It has decently fast start up, a long duration (punishes spotdodgers), decent range, sheild pokes sheilds, can rack up damage, Peach can avoid some projectiles since she croutches while using this, has pretty good priority, a good "get off me move", and can stage spike characters. This move is great for refreshing your moves since it'll never KO anyways.

Combos:
  • Jab > Dsmash
  • Dsmash > Fsmash (low percents)

Forward Smash (Pan) ~ Pages 14- 16

Summary:
This is one of the three items Peach can get from her Fsmash. The Pan has the shortest range out of the three items. It has a sweetspot but is really hard to hit with. The oopponent has to literaly be inside you or extremelly close (by the handle). An uncharged sweetspot does 19%, and fully charged it does 27%. Anyways, This move is best used obviously, with stages that have poor vertical height (Green Greens for example) and not really good for high ceiling stages (Jungle Japes, etc). Even though you can't choose which item you get because its completely random, you do have the option of eliminating one of the two so you'll have a 50:50 chance of either getting a Pan or (whichever one you decided not to get rid of). Also the sound of it s awesome.

Combos:
  • Pan > Utilt (low percents)
  • Pan > Nair
  • Pan > Fair

Forward Smash (Racket) ~ Pages 25- 27

Summary:
At first glance this move seriously sucks. It has extremelly weak knockback, cant KO until the 150 percents, and has range and damage that is out classed by the Golf Club. So what is this move good for? Well, this move has a VERY powerful sweetspot at the tip of the Racket. This thing KOs at 99% uncharged at the center of FD, and at 60% at the edge. This move is very hard to DI properly because it's so unexpected. The knockback is naturally horizontal, and sends your opponent rocketing! This is also her second most powerful move second to the Bomb.

Combos:
  • The weak spot of Bair > Racket
  • Jab > Possible sweetspot if spaced correctly (DI not included)

Forward Smash (Golf Club) ~ Pages 30-31

Summary:
Possibly the best weapon you can get from her forward smash. It has superior range comapared to the other two, KOs better aside, is less of a hassle to set up, hits in the air and behind you, and is just better overall. You'll probably want this weapon to appear when you want a KO, you can do this by using the process of Fsmash elimination which is using your Fsmash to eliminate either the Pan or Racket so hopefully you'll get the Golf Club the next time you use Fsmash.

Combos:
*No specific combos for the Club*

Aerials

Neutral Aerial ~ Pages 8- 9

Summary:
One of Peach's better aerials. It's her fastest aerial, has two hitboxes, and is almost impossible to airdodge properly. This is a great move and has decent priority. This move can do up to 23% damage by Floating > Nair > and dropping the Float after the first hit connects.This is a good surprise killer for opponents who normally expect Fairs off the stage, this move is probably one of her best OoS options.

Combos:
  • Dtilt > Nair (low percents)
  • Ftilt > Nair
  • Dair > Nair
Downward Aerial ~ Pages 16- 18

Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Summary:
This move is TOO good! It's more than likely Peach's best all round move and is one of the key things to learning her. This move is a great combo starter at low to mid percents. Without the fear of this move decaying it's a really nice move. You can get multiple Dairs in when starting combos depending on the character's weight. This move sheild pressures like no other, and isn't really punishable if you use it right. You can either Float and use this move, or use a SH to start your combos. The 4th kick has slightly more range than the other kicks.

Combos:
  • Lol waaay to many to list, use your imagination

Upward Aerial ~ Pages 20- 22

Summary:
This move is an okay move. Probably her least useful aerial. It has good verticle range and boosts her upwards a little. It's a pretty nice juggling move. You can hit opponents on platforms with this.

Combos:
Dair > Uair

Backward Aerial ~ Pages 35- 37

Summary:
"Peach's Bair is like a cross between her Nair and Fair, in a sense. Like Nair, this move has two hitboxes, and the second weaker hitbox stays out for a long time, making it very useful for punishign airdodges and spotdodges. Also like Nair, it is a good ooS option due to its fairly fast start-up and power. This move also has pretty good knockback on its sweetspot, making it a good surprise killer if you're having trouble landing the Fair, and its high priority and decent range means that it can beat out, or at least trade hits with, most non-disjointed hitboxes. Finally, there is the infamous Bair lock, where the sourspot on her Bair has jab lock properties for combos. It's very difficult, but it racks up a ton of damage if you can do it. The only problem with this move is that it can be shieldgrabbed if you don't space properly. All in all, this is a very versatile and useful move" - Mountain Tiger

Combos:
Bair (weak hit) > Fsmash
Bair (weak hit) > Dsmash
Bair (weak hit) > Ftilt

Special Moves

Peach Bomber ~ Pages 9- 12

This move used to suck *** in Melee. But in Brawl, it got some good improvements. The range was greatly increased, instead of an explosion an explosion of hearts appear. This move is best used for recovery, since it's safer than the Parasol. On the ground it's pretty risky. There are three types of Peach Bombers you can do (none of them vary in damage, just range). You can do the slingshot Bomber which will send you back a bit and then launch forward (has less range then the other two), I sometimes hit opponents behind me by doing this. The second is the regular Peach Bomber (has a balance of range between the other two). And the last is the Smash Bomber which is when you smash the control stick as if doing a smash and by doing that you'll actually gain more distance then the regular Bomber. This move is awesome if you connect with a recovering opponent like Link or any other characters with poor verticle recoveries. Since the Bomber has a little semi spike to it it should kill those characters pretty easily. Read this guide for more info: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221291

Combos:
Peach Bomber > Fair (low percents)
Throw Turnip > Peach Bomber

Parasol ~ Pages 27-29

Summary:
This move kind of got a shuffle of buffs and nerfs since its previous Melee form. It travels much farther vertically and horizontally than in Melee. However the landing lag that you could cancel in Melee is no longer in Brawl, and you suffer from lag anyways. It travels much slower than in Melee which can be both good and bad. This move isn't the best at attacking, however it's a ggreat surprise attack, hitboxes are basically everywhere on Peach's body. As a recovery it's GREAT when recovering horizontally since it grants her unlimited horizontal distance, but as a vertical recover it's medicore, but gets the job done most of the time. This move can be used to stall your death on stages like Delfino Plaza, Brawl Yoshi's Island (Waiting until the ghost thing pops up), Brinstar, Norfair, etc. If you recover with this move backwards away from the ledge, simply press down on either the control stick or C-stick to grab the edge while facing away from it. Also the top of the Parasol when recovering can stop some attacks, and projectiles from above. Also, this move has the potential to stage spike an opponent.

Combos:
Ftilt > Parasol
Dtilt > Parasol

Toad ~ Pages 33- 35

Summary:
Find out more about this move in this Toad guide: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183094

Combos:
  • You can't combo into Toad lol.

Throws

Forward Throw ~ Pages 13- 14

Summary:
Not as good as her Fthrow in Melee where it could KO at the edges. At 0-20% you can land one to three Fthrows after another if your opponent isn't expecting it. From around 22-30 ish percent, depending on how fast the character falls, they'll start falling on their backs (when's the last time you saw that happen?)after an fthrow. If they don't DI or DI wrong (toward you), you can catch them mid bounce/tech with a Peach Bomber or a short hopped fair. Peach Bomber isn't anything near unpunishable, though, so if they air dodge into a shield instead of teching or whatever you're going to be punished.Follow up number 2 is more pseudo chain-grabness. Chase them with a shield dashed jab. Fthrow, shield dash jab-grab. This should get them as they bounce or at least before they can do a get up attack, but be quick about it. Follow up 3 is a short hopped/auto-floated dair to floated dairs/aerials.

Combos:
  • Fthrow > Fthrow > Fthrow (low percents)
  • Fthrow > Fair

Up Throw ~ Pages 22- 24

Rating: ♥
Summary:
This is probably Peach's worst move of her arsenal. It can't CG like it could on FFers in Melee. It's best use is probably for positioning on stages with platforms. Also if you're on teams and you accidently grab your partner, this is the best throw to use.

Combos:
  • Uthrow > Utlit (only against heavy characters at 0% percent)

Down Throw ~ Pages 29- 30

Summary:
Definately one of Peach's better throws. This throw can be utilized as a chain grab when used against Falco, Fox, and Wolf, and other fast fallers. You can successfully chain grab them by Down Throwing them, turn around grab them and continue the process. This works until about 26% or so and you can finish off with an Ftilt.

Combos:
  • Dthrow> Ftilt
  • Dthrow> Utilt
  • Dthrow> Fsmash
  • Dthrow> Dthrow.... (chaingrab)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I've learned to fear the Utilt and it's godly priority. I've begun using less dairs even on non-Peaches. ;-;

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
The Up Tilt has huge vertical range and insane priority, I read somewhere that it can out prioritize any Dair. It does decent damage and comes out pretty quick, good for using when and opponent is above you on a platform when the Up Smash cant reach them.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Have my babies now. This thread is amazing. Up tilt: nuts priority, even has horizontal range. Instant start up, very low cooldown, though there is some. If you save it, it might even KO. THE move to use for people above you on platforms. The only move that seems to beat it is Lucario's down air and that's just sometimes.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Great thread airgemin, thanks!

Like aurgemini said it is supposed to outprioritize anydair. I love it. It can k.o, but if you use it properly it will be stale. It can be used to end "combos" thats hasnt been mentioned. Particularly ftilting until they are in range or dtossing into ftilts into it or jut dthrow into utilt.(all can only be done at ower percents) It is crazy fast and has a big hitbox over her. This move goes through platforms easy, it does respectable damage, and it is hard to punish thanks to little ending lag. One of the best moves peach has imo, definatly one of the most improved from melee... maybe only second to dair.

9/10 use it when you at the right times and you'll find it a VERY safe option.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Like Edreese said it sometimes looses to Lucarios down air. Also never use this move against an incoming Kirby Stone (dont laugh at me for trying....STOP IT NOW).

Can someone look into this: I've been curious if this move stops more powerful attacks. I remember encountering these moves and failing, however my timing might be off. I think we should discuss move weaknesses too you know...

Ganon's Wizard's Foot(air)
Captain Falcon's Falcon Kick (air)
Bowser's Fortress
Yoshi's Sit-on-Thing
Space Animal's UpB going downward.
Zamus' Down B sex kick.
PsiChildren PK Thunder Body Hit

I have not encountered this but will it stop projectiles coming in from above/diagonal/whithin the heart's hitbox? For example Samus DownB
Snake C4 Airdrop.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
The only move that seems to beat it is Lucario's down air and that's just sometimes.
This is incorrect. My rival is a Lucario player and I know the matchup better than anyone since I get to practice with him semi-daily :)

Peach's Dair WILL beat Lucario's. However, since Lucario's Dair stops his momentum, if Lucario predicts you he can mindgame by Dairing early, and when you try to utilt him he is just outside the utilt range and you miss, and he drops and dairs you again while you're recovering from utilt since his Dair comes out faster.

Since Peach's utilt outranges Lucario's Dair, you will ALWAYS hit first unless he performs that trick (Dair early), and if he does perform that trick and you fall for it and throw off the utilt early, you can still roll out of the way or shield right before it hits, so no worries.

The move I have the hardest time stopping with it is G&W's key. If you're standing a little off to the side it's easy, but if it's the tip of the key coming down on your head, it's really, really hard to time.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I could have sworn sometimes we both went head on and I got hit. Perhaps I just didn't time it properly.

Btw Tiger Woods - lol at you up tilting the kirby stone ;) I thought being Tiger Woods and all you'd know how to punish it, with the golf club (or any forward smash) Just charge it right next to where the stone will land and let go when he lets go.

Also Tiger, half of Peach's moveset will beat or at least clank with Falcon Kick. Up tilt definitely beats it. It's way too disjointed for falcon kick and ganon's wizard foot.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Don't forget the lovely Dthrow->Utilt setup.

(BTW, why did you start with a tilt if the standard moves are first?)

A tiny suggestion, did you consider doing like, Tilts Week instead of a single Tilt for an entire week? We'll be discussing this for like 20 weeks :p If yo change it you could give more than a week to discuss important moves too (smashes, aerials).

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
I did too, couldn't hurt if your just playing friendlies... Not too good of a result I must say.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Def... It outprioritizes Bowser's fortress! But the timing is intense...
But when would you really find your self in a position that an utilt would need to save you from being hit by the forretress? I'd rather shield and then grab... just saying. Just for giggles someone should see exactly what characters is can hit on the ground.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
This thread is awesome >_< I personally save it for surprise KOs.

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Not to mention its overly flashy.
Please dont reply unless its actually helpful (no offense).

(BTW, why did you start with a tilt if the standard moves are first?)

A tiny suggestion, did you consider doing like, Tilts Week instead of a single Tilt for an entire week? We'll be discussing this for like 20 weeks :p If yo change it you could give more than a week to discuss important moves too (smashes, aerials).
Because Im doing the moves at random, I have a feeling that if I do all the Tilts and moves at once that this thread wont be as organized as I would like and things would get out of control.

Oh ok... I had no idea what I was thinking putting one of ...Captain Falcon.... 's moves there XD. Oh and yes I know how to punish Kirby stone... I just tried that once to see if it would work... lol

I did too, couldn't hurt if your just playing friendlies... Not too good of a result I must say.

But when would you really find your self in a position that an utilt would need to save you from being hit by the forretress? I'd rather shield and then grab... just saying. Just for giggles someone should see exactly what characters is can hit on the ground.

I think we should discuss move weaknesses too you know...
We can, I put that in the OP.

Im out of it today.... lol what he said ^

This thread is awesome >_< I personally save it for surprise KOs.

Sorry if I sound like a ***** but I really dont want this thread to go off course and turn into something completely different, so please can we stay on the subject of the Up Tilt? All I really want to read in this thread are strategies, good applications, etc. I dont really want opinions like "Oh its cool" and such.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
You'll have to deal with a couple of offtopic posts anyway. They are everywhere and are almost impossible to avoid.

rm88 was saying that he/she saves the Utilt for surprise KOs.
I find the Utilt to be very situational, I think it's the move I use the least, any tips?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Up tilt is much better in Brawl's. Priority is nice, and range is huge! (although I miss her headbutt)
It's damage is great, and if you grab release Wario, you can automatically use it. (he jumps up high)

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
You'll have to deal with a couple of offtopic posts anyway. They are everywhere and are almost impossible to avoid.

rm88 was saying that he/she saves the Utilt for surprise KOs.
I find the Utilt to be very situational, I think it's the move I use the least, any tips?
Really? Wow.. I thought the Dtilt would be one of the least used =/. Um just use it when opponents are above you or on a platform and when you know the Usmash wont connect.

Up tilt is much better in Brawl's. Priority is nice, and range is huge! (although I miss her headbutt)
It's damage is great, and if you grab release Wario, you can automatically use it. (he jumps up high)
Yeah but why Utilt when you can get in a free Usmash?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Really? Wow.. I thought the Dtilt would be one of the least used =/. Um just use it when opponents are above you or on a platform and when you know the Usmash wont connect.

Yeah but why Utilt when you can get in a free Usmash?
Damage racking.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
aww man i wish i got here earlier to discuss the utilt abit more but i dont want to be preaching to the choir. but if i may spill my thoughts on this one just say ^_^

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Yeah I know that, that's why I said it's quite situational.
I use Dtilt more often than Utilt I believe, they never expect the Dtilt.

Peachkid, we have an entire week to discuss the move :p, just say what you have to say

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
I understand the seriousness, your not being a *****.

Anyway ive been testing with myself(hard to do) and Utilt stops everything so far except Kirby Stone. The timing is really hard on moves like G&W key, Zamus DownBSexKick, Bowser DownB, Yoshi DownB and PsiChildren UpB BodyHit. Utilt still outprioritizes them however its hitbox goes rather fast, so if you have enough shield it might be more wise to just shield and grab depending on the situation.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Very nice thread. I'll just contribute everything I know here, and with the knowledge of all the Peach mainers around here it will make it a lot better for the guide. I'll add the information to the guide so, many thanks airgemini. :D

Up tilt. It's obviously a disjointed hitbox with lots of range, which means it can stop almost every attack coming directly from above, like G&W's dair for example. It also breaks MK's tornado. I think that it breaks any move coming from above, unless it has super armor/invincibility frames.

I think this attack should be used when the opportunity is given, without fear of it decaying since there won't be many opportunities for landing it (depends on the matchup and the stage of course). It can become a kill move when opponents are heavily damaged.

It's a good option to use when opponents are on platforms above you. The attack is pretty fast so it's very hard for the opponent to punish you from there.

Uptilt is also good for ending those dair>dair>uair combos at early damage.

All in all, it's a high priority attack that is very fast, but the opportunities to use it are not so much as other attacks, so when the chance is given, use it without thinking it twice. Peach is basically impenetrable from above with this charm. :)

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Is it possible to do an up tilt out of a dash/run the way you can with an upsmash?
Sadly no... the fastest way of using it after a dash would be shielding. Or maybe floating and dropping in the same place instantly. I wonder which is faster... *goes to training mode*

Edit: Floating and dropping is definitely faster. I really have to apply that to my game now lol.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
You can't, or you need SUPER MEGA precision.
Everytime I try to Utilt out of running I Dash Attack, even with the Cstick set to Attack (tilts).

Excel beat me to it :p

Edit: You can Utilt the moment you land your float, but I can't do it without the 'Tilt'-stick

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
ok so now i can ramble like an old man yay!

ok so peach's utilt

Obviously better than her melee counterpart but it does lack the old invincibility frames that peach had on her head in melee, even though she had invincibility frames in melee it wasnt widely used. but back to the topic of her new utilt. this move is a great ant air move, it can stop so many aerial approaches cause of its ridiculous vertical range and knockback. not only is it a good anti air and killing move its also one of peach's best moves to finish up a combo sence alot of peach's moves send her opponent upwards.

but it does have a little setback with it, it lacks horizontal range, but this isnt really a big issue for her. if she had good horizontal range to the utilt it would be very broken (not that we wouldnt want that XD)
but ill put more thoughts to this alittle later

exidid

Smash Journeyman
I use the Utilt as a Combo finisher most of the time. It's really big and has low start up. Greatest attack to do when your opponent is above you or on a platform. It sounds so nice!

I can't really think of a combo I don't finish with utilt :o

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Utilt can also hit people if they're on the ground, though it's harder. It depends on Peach's distance between the opponent's character body (for example, she can hit Samus more easily than Dedede because of Samus' upper body shape)

Impossible

Kirby
Pikachu
Mr. G&W
Diddy Kong (extremely close)
Meta Knight
Squirtle
Ivysaur (extremely close, only hits from behind)
Ness (extremely close)
Lucas (extremely close, does not hit from behind)
Ice Climbers
Olimar
Jigglypuff

(Peach has to be...)
Very close
Mario
Link
Zero Suit Samus
Fox
Wolf
Luigi
Pit
Sonic
Lucario
Dedede
Yoshi
Peach
Bowser
Wario
Toon Link

Close

Donkey Kong
Samus
Marth
Ike
Snake
Zelda
Sheik
Falco
ROB
Captain Falcon

Not so close?
Charizard
Ganondorf

(no specific order)
Not 100% accurate, but you get the idea.

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Obviously better than her melee counterpart but it does lack the old invincibility frames that peach had on her head in melee, even though she had invincibility frames in melee it wasnt widely used.
I thought only Peach's Up Smash had invincibility frames in Melee?..

Well thanks for your input anyways, and nice information to keep in mind ^_^

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Uptilt is definitly a anti-platform move. Hitbox is all around in this move. I don't think it can save you from every dair move though like the Link's dair, cause the sword is ranging itself from the body.

I believe two combos are a Dtilt and then utilt, or a ftilt (when low on damage) and then a utilt

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Uptilt is definitly a anti-platform move. Hitbox is all around in this move. I don't think it can save you from every dair move though like the Link's dair, cause the sword is ranging itself from the body.

I believe two combos are a Dtilt and then utilt, or a ftilt (when low on damage) and then a utilt
With correct timming it can save you from disjointed dairs like Link's and G&W's. If it is coming down fast it sometimes is hard to time, but uptilt does outprioritize them.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Utilt can also hit people if they're on the ground, though it's harder. It depends on Peach's distance between the opponent's character body (for example, she can hit Samus more easily than Dedede because of Samus' upper body shape)

Impossible

Kirby
Pikachu
Mr. G&W
Diddy Kong (extremely close)
Meta Knight
Squirtle
Ivysaur (extremely close, only hits from behind)
Ness (extremely close)
Lucas (extremely close, does not hit from behind)
Ice Climbers
Olimar
Jigglypuff

(Peach has to be...)
Very close
Mario
Link
Zero Suit Samus
Fox
Wolf
Luigi
Pit
Sonic
Lucario
Dedede
Yoshi
Peach
Bowser
Wario
Toon Link

Close

Donkey Kong
Samus
Marth
Ike
Snake
Zelda
Sheik
Falco
ROB
Captain Falcon

Not so close?
Charizard
Ganondorf

(no specific order)
Sorry to once again make a post tat doesn't further the topic arigemini, but this was what I had in mind when I had made a post and you asked me to only ask questions that mattered... I WAS trying to add content to the thread, sorry to make you think I wasn't... last post that doesn't matter SWEAR.

Top Bottom