• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Snake

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Not necessarily. The teammate could get in the way, and ruin the flow for your team. The thing is, you need two characters whose moves and abilities complement each other. Otherwise, meh.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
i still dont see how a character can be better in singles than in teams. in teams, you have another person on your side. wouldn't that automatically make characters better?
Think of this snake's most abbused moves nades and C4 hurt him and his partner. So with out practice and very good communication having Snake as a Partner sucks. IMO the rest of the cast can partially ajust with out practicing and with as much communication

icedragon-

Smash Rookie
Snake is such a fun character to use. I can't see why people don't like him.

Abusing the snakedash in friendlies is fun as well.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
actually, now it's MK for the win. but people will still remember those days when it was snake for the win.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Snake has the easiest match ups vs those without projectile game. It's downright wrong to pick snake vs no projectile character on a flat stage. U-Smash is to good. But it can be destroyed if I'm not mistaken.
Snake just has a hard time vs those who don't stop moving.
(Thank you Martha n_n)

napZzz

Smash Hero
Snake has the easiest match ups vs those without projectile game. It's downright wrong to pick snake vs no projectile character on a flat stage. U-Smash is to good. But it can be destroyed if I'm not mistaken.
Snake just has a hard time vs those who don't stop moving.
(Thank you Martha n_n)
....snake pwns marth. Marth is like a crappy version of meta knight ~_~

Duckersmsh3

Smash Cadet
One of my best friends plays a pretty good Pit, and I'd have to say that while Snake may not necessarily have an advantage (although he probably does), he's really not at a disadvantage in that matchup IMO. Also, isn't it impossible for anybody but Snake to blow up the C4? Or did you mean the nades?

Wario can also eat the nades, although I'm not sure that its effective or worthwhile to do so. Other than biting the cypher, I can see Wario having a ridiculously hard time KOing Snake.
i know for a fact snakes c4 is cleard by robs lazer ive also noticed a fox clearing grenades with the reflecter so it may be a counter for any snake nading out of a team combo/solo fox. as for whos better snake or pit youd have to talk to someone who dosnt get his snake skill from mgs

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
^Not if he's played well. In the hands of a good player he's impossible to pin down.

Also, ROB's laser doesn't clear out C4. It can clear out trip mines, but not C4.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The other discussion thread is bigger.

Top Bottom